DC Dragons Press Conference

Enorama

6 minutes ago, fonziGG said:

We making moves edition

1. Who's been impressing you in practice recently?

2. Who is your favourite member of the league not currently on the team?

3. What is your favourite colour?

4. Do you watch any sports other than hockey?

5. Who do you think has been the MVP of the season so far?

6. How are you coping with the pandemic?

1. The way that Guy has been playing in practice lately has been something. He's been firing more shots on net than anyone else.

2. Everyone not on my team is the enemy, and I don't concern myself with them, though I'd like to have half the career that Condor Adriene has put together.

3. My favorite color is DRAGON'S RED

4. I like to keep up with the international lacrosse games, and AMERICAN football of course 

5. I mean, Patrik Tallinder is running away with the points lead, hard to say it's not him

6. Work from home has been great, it's weird that things are starting to feel normal again, I like being home

15 minutes ago, fonziGG said:

We making moves edition

LeFlamant.  That guy works ridiculously hard.

Not sure I can name someone not on the team.  McWolf still playing?

Green.  

Yep.  Baseball and football on any kind of regular basis.

Gotta be Graves.  Having a hell of a season!

So-so.  Getting really tired of it all, but no real tragedies close to home so I am very thankful.

Definitely Xavier leFlamant. He's been lighting it up lately and continues to show up game in and game out. The same attitude that he brings into a game, he's also shown during practice.

Honestly, I don't really have a favourite member ?‍♂️

Blue. More specifically, a nice sky blue.

Basketball is actually my favourite sport to watch. I'll tune in for some MMA/UFC fights, Football, FIBA soccer games and tennis from time to time but that's about it.

Got to go with our goalie Stone Wolski. Has helped us stay in a lot of games this season thus far. 

Just doing what I can to be safe. Honestly life, luckily, hadn't changed much for me aside from limiting where I can go/be. Honestly, I'm very fortunate which has made things easy to cope with. Stay safe out there fellas!

Edited by Midnite

On 9/28/2020 at 2:26 PM, fonziGG said:

1. That DCD-G has been holding his own. He's been getting starts and not absolutely sucking, so that's impressive. I keep aiming for his face and he keeps on taking those bullets right in his pie hole, so that's impressive. Someone should get that dude a helmet.

2. I'm gonna take a big picture meaning to "the league" and go with our buddy and draft pick Jackson Philliefan who's tearing it up in the minors. Can't wait for him to join us in the bigs next season.

3. Green has historically been my favourite colour, but Orange has been creeping up the standings lately.

4. I'll watch the hometown teams, but not really follow many other sports. Love the Blue Jays, just can not be bothered to care about literally any other MLB division other than the AL East. I hopped on the bandwagon in 2015-16 and never looked back. Being at playoff games at the SkyDome changed my life.

5. Hopefully the MVP of the season comes from my VHFL team...

6. Phase 1: substance abuse. Phase 2: TBD - working in physical schools has been nervewracking and terrifying. Those kindergarteners are petri dishes at the best of times, and this is certainly not that.

Have you ever tried practicing at forward with two guys on your line, and one of them is a literal Forest? More props to Groovy Dood.

Favorite is always a strong word, but I do think it'd be fun to play on a team with Advantage. Always been against him, never with him.

Dragons red, of course! Has to be.

I've always been a fan of polo. I'll also dabble in dressage once or twice, but if forced to choose between the two, I'll say neigh.

Tallinder makes sense by me. Big lead in points, and Riga has been scorching.

Coping is probably the right word. Getting by, even if it definitely isn't fun.

On 9/28/2020 at 11:26 AM, fonziGG said:

We making moves edition

1. Ricky Johnson! Dude is just on another level this season. He's almost matched his best seasonal numbers but in half the games.

2. Gorlab. Dude is a gem on and off the ice, and is a graphics god. Possibly controversial to some sometimes, but he's always been in my good books.

3. Whatever colour the Continental Cup is.

4. NBA playoffs, NFL sometimes, sometimes Tennis even. I watch soccer when it's Euros or World Cup. But yeah, mostly hockey all the time.

5. On our team? Probably Benny. League-wise? Probably Tallinder.

6. Still just been working as normal. Been seeing friends sometimes, but basically more video games in general. I've been biking a lot and going on runs, which is sometimes I basically forgot before the pandemic....but like a lot of people it forced me to be more active.

On 9/28/2020 at 2:26 PM, fonziGG said:

We making moves edition

1. Groovy Dude has taken the next step, and proven why he was the number on pick two seasons ago.

2. @gorlab@.sniffuM And all the Amung Friends.

3. Red and Black

4. All of them. Anything I can bet on.

5. Stone Wolski has been our rock.

6. Good. Other than not traveling, its been basically as usual for me. I got a promotion at work so I’ve been busier than ever with work.

On 9/6/2020 at 1:54 PM, STZ said:

Knocked Out Edition

1. How is your player coping with the Playoff exit?

2. What do you think the outlook for team or player is for next season?

3. What will your player do with his down time before next season?

4. What stat are you looking at focusing on in the off-season?

5. What team do you think will win it all, Helsinki or Seattle?

6. What is the first thing your player did when leaving the VHL Playoff Bubble?

1.  Guy was morose for weeks.  But with the new season and our great start, he's over it.

2. Judging by the beginning of the season, it's all coming up roses for the Dragons this season.

3. Chill with family in France.

4. Skating and puck handling.  As you get a little older, you lose a little and have to work that much harder.

5. Going out on a limb and saying Seattle.

6. Went home and had a glass of wine.

Late as hell edition

1. What is your favourite fastfood?

2. How do you think we will do this season?

3. How do we change our fortunes and consistently win our games?

4. Do you watch E-Sports?

5. What do you think this team is lacking?

6. How are you, physically and mentally, coping with the pandemic?

I've always been a fast food breakfast guy, honestly. McDonald's, Dunkin, Tim Horton's for our northern friends, all good by me.

Top 3 in the conference is a reasonable goal. We're in third right now, and I'd like to see us get to second by the playoffs.

We were doing alright for a stretch there. I think it's just a matter of getting comfortable with one another, and more of those streaks will come.

Never been a huge fan, but I'll watch some professional Smash on occasion. FPSs in particular have never been my jam.

From a personnel standpoint, I don't think it's much. It's more consistency than anything I think we need to trade for.

It's not easy, but I'm getting by. As long as people actually wear masks and do what they can to help one another rather than be idiots, we'll pull through.

The "I'm just here for fun cause I'm already capped out this week" Edition

I hate to be that guy but fast food really isn't my jam. It makes my guts so angry they try to escape my body through the top, bottom, or middle. I love the lil hipster joints for quick takeout - it seems to just be the corporate chains that hurt. I've got a place near me that does gourmet grilled cheese and it's unreal. Last week I got jerk chicken. This week might be a nice brie, chicken, and pear. Burritos are always a fav too, just nothing sloppy like a Taco Bell.

Hmm, do I say the truth or do I try to reverse-jinx us again...?

1 and 1! 1 and 1! 1 and 1! We can ride that right to the Continental Cup Final, cruising to Game 7s aaaaaall the way to the bank.

Is that where they race those dinky little e-bikes?

A sixth forward.

Eh, I moved to a corner of the world that the pandemic forgot so it's not so bad. I just got a job that's entirely remote, so I'm working in a school, not at a school. I close my door and keep the little petri dishes out.

20 hours ago, fonziGG said:

Late as hell edition

1. I'd probably have to go Chick-Fil-A here, though I really don't like what they stand for as a company.... it's just soooo good

2. I think we're doing heckin' great this season, and we'll continue at this pace for sure

3. I think it has a lot to do with weird superstition rituals  going on in the pregame lockerroom that I'm not at liberty to discuss

4. Nahhhh, I hardly have time for the sports I'm already following, I can't take on more!

5. I think the team needs a single additional forward, and it sucks we can't afford one.

6. IRL I've been adjusting pretty well to the wfh lifestyle. It's weird to spend my work and play time in the same space, but at the end of the day, it could be worse!

1. What is your favourite fastfood?

Hard to say. I’m not super into fast food or at least not like I used to be. Would probably say McDonald’s, Popeye’s or Five Guys.

We’re definitely a playoff team. We’ve been playing some solid hockey too so I can see us taking it all the way!

Stay focused and play every game like the underdog. Can’t get caught up thinking any team is an “easy win”. 

No I actually don’t.

Honestly, I can’t say we’re really lack much. Maybe one more solid offensive guy would set us apart from the rest of the league.

Well I try to limit any time outside of my home and I travel to work in a pretty isolated area which requires pre-screening testing as I’m gone for an entire week. Masking it constantly too. Coping with it isn’t easy, but I’ve been doing it 

On 10/7/2020 at 11:33 AM, fonziGG said:

Late as hell edition

1. I honestly probably don't have a favourite, but the one I eat the most I think would be Wendy's.

2. A playoff team with a chance at the cup. I believe in us!

3. I feel like it's just the luck of the sim sometimes. Simon T can be a real bitch.

4. Not much. Sometimes I watch clips of Doctor Disrespect playing CoD because he's entertaining and he pops up on my Youtube recommended. Sometimes I'll watch some Rocket League.

5. More offensive depth.

6. It's a real bummer that some of my family aren't comfortable with seeing people yet, but as for myself, I'm great. I've been more outdoorsy with bike trails and just trying to get the most out of the sun before it's gone for the winter.

On 10/7/2020 at 2:33 PM, fonziGG said:

Late as hell edition

1.  Man, I don't like much fast food.  McDonald's, I guess.  But just the fries.

2. Making the playoffs and winning at least one series.

3. I have no idea.  Seems to be the $64,000 question.

4.  Not a lick.

5. Consistency. lol  Seriously, we are pretty solid around the ice.

6. We're ok.  Getting old and really frustrated with the lack of national leadership, but on a very personal level, we're ok.

Late but not as hell edition

1. Who's the hardest working player on the team?

2. Who's your favourite teammate?

3. Any things you'd like to improve on your game?

4. What is your favourite drink?

5. Do you like pumpkin pie (apparently I'm the only one in my family so I need some assurances here)?

Have you ever tried lifting a bunch of stone? I want no part, yet we have an entire Stone Wolski.

There's a guy literally named Groovy Dood on the team. Are we literally allowed to pick anything else?

I have to admit, it'd be fun to score a few more goals. But I'll hang out back here continuing to be the enforcer.

A good ole Jack and Coke will do me just fine, thank you. A bit of caffeine and a whole helping of booze.

5. Do you like pumpkin pie (apparently I'm the only one in my family so I need some assurances here)?

Sorry to disappoint you, but I actually really don't. I'm more of a sweet fruit type of pie guy.

Been better. Would like to go out and do things, but that's just kind of the way of the world right now.

The Stone Cold Stunner Wolski has been crazy consistent this season. He works so hard he gets to go home early about once every six games. 

2. Who's your favourite teammate?

Linemate Xavier LaFlammant has been a great teammate and mentor for a young scoring forward. I learned yesterday that he’s a welfare claimer and that I’ll eclipse him in TPE soonish, which means he’ll be a great mentee of mine soon ?

I've been grinding my scoring and defence in practice, so I’d like to see that pay off with some extra scoring and bonus defence soon. 

I went dry a few years ago so my latest favourite drink is a Bubly - it’s *just* water with 0 cals or carbs but fuzzy tastes awesome. 

My ma made an unreal pumpkin cream cheese pie this weekend and *chefs kiss*. I have no need for all the PSL life crap but a good, smooth, chill pumpkin pie is a great fall comfort food. 

Ran out of questions this week eh? I’m kinda tired of pandemic talk and I know that’s a privilege that not everyone has. I’m skirting the rules a bit within my small town but not outside. I had to tell my ma that she can’t invite her brother from Ottawa over for thanksgiving because Ottawa’s in a friggin red zone, so clearly I’m handling it better that some. 

Have to say Stone Wolski. He's been putting in that OT to help us stay in games.

Can't say I have a favourite cause they're ALL my favourites ?

I do feel like my scoring could be a tad better as well as some fundamentals of my game, but overall i'm pretty happy where I'm at. 

This one is tough cause there's so many. I'm a sucker for a some coconut rum and coke though.

Love it!

Lol, I feel like this is the 4th time this was asked so skip!

Edited by Midnite

On 10/13/2020 at 12:44 AM, fonziGG said:

1. Definitely Stone Wolski, the goaler works hard, to be the best!

2. I gotta say Wolski again, there's a speical bond between players who come up in the league together.

3. I'd like to get better at my scoring, it's something i really focused on this year, and it's paying dividends

4. BEER I LIKE BEER, specifically a DC Dragons themed Moulson, we still have that branding deal, right?

5. I do like pumpkin pie, but I think it's wildly overrated, it's hardly even a top 5 pie, but it probably is 4 or 5 in my book.

6.  I think it's been tough, and with the weather changing it'll only get worse, but hanging in there. 

2 hours ago, fonziGG said:

There's a guy literally named Groovy Dood on the team. Are we literally allowed to pick anything else?

Eno wasn't allowed to in the S73 draft, so neither are you.

On 10/12/2020 at 9:44 PM, fonziGG said:

1. Everyone else said Stone Wolski and I cannot deny these claims. We all work hard though!

2. Lance Flowers because he's a veteran and stops a lot of goals from going in my net.

3. I'd like to save more shots.

4. Crown and coke!

5. I do like pumpkin pie, but I only really eat it around Halloween/Canadian Thanksgiving, which is also in October.

6. I've been great. Still been working and trying to stay active.

On 10/13/2020 at 12:44 AM, fonziGG said:

1. Flowers has shown a great work ethic since coming to DC

2. Groovy dude is pretty cool

3. Stop taking as many penalties. More consistency in scoring.

4. I like to have a beer or two

5. I don’t mind it. Not the best kind of pie tho.

6. Overall been very well. Not much has changed personally.

I like to think Lesieur is.  lol

Now, I'll say Wolski.  Dude does work hard and it's nice to have a great goalie.

More goals!  

Not very French, but still have to say a Gin & Tonic.

Love it!  Best part of Thanksgiving in the U.S.

It's wearing emotionally and spiritually.  Physically, I'm fine.