DC Dragons Press Conference

Enorama

1. Who is your favourite player not on the DC Dragons?

2. The playoffs are coming up, how are you preparing for it?

3. What were your goals coming into this season?

4. What are your goals going into the playoffs?

5. Are you prepared to sport a beard?

6. What is your favourite pet to have?

Edited by fonziGG

1 hour ago, fonziGG said:

1. Gotta be Jet Jaguar. 

2. Doing like 1000 push ups a day.

3. Win the cup.

4. Accomplish Answer 3.

5. I can only grow a sleazy stache rn.

6. A Llama.

14 hours ago, fonziGG said:

1) Charlie Paddywagon, met him in Juniors when playing for Philadelphia, awesome guy.
2) Mikko is practicing extra hard for these playoffs, the team around him is amazing and all he wants is to bring D.C a cup.
3) Having a positive +/-, didn't achieve that so I guess that was too hot of a take
4) The Cup.
5) I shave it off whenever it grows out, not a good look on me.
6) Cats are the best/worst pets

I do not recognize teams outside the Dragons.  If you don't play in DC, I don't care about you.  If I ever end up not playing for the Dragons, I retire.  There is nothing but Dragons for Guy Lesieur.

Eating a lot of cheetos and watching film of the opposing D-men.

Improve on my prior season's performance.  Win a championship for the fans of the District.

Improve on my prior season's playoff performance.  Win a championship for the fans of the District.

Are you really asking?  Are we not hockey players?

There is no greater animal (humans included) than the noble dog.

On 4/28/2020 at 6:56 PM, fonziGG said:

1. Jet Jaguar! Just always a gorlab fan.

2. Just trying not to let anything past me, so I can prepare in case I have to be in net. If someone tries to walk past me on the street, if my dog tries to walk past me.....DENIED.

3. Just put up some decent rookie numbers, really. I knew I wasn't the #1 so not really any real goals. Just a cup, hopefully.

4. To sit on the bench while Rift plays awesome, and we win a cup.

5. Definitely. Already have a bit of a beard from this quarantine laziness.

6. I've always been a dog person.

It's a tie between Jerry Garcia and McWolf, I modelled a lot of my player based on those two.

Lots and lots of spaghetti to fuel the Italian machine ?

Surpass my career-high in points and get a better +/-.

Mainly to push beyond Round 1 would be rad!

Of course, as much as I love the pirate stache goatee combo!

I've always owned cats but I do like dogs as well. I'm still attached to a childhood cat I had growing up, sadly she passed away while I was on deployment ?

On 4/28/2020 at 8:56 PM, fonziGG said:

1. Who is your favourite player not on the DC Dragons? bob loblaw

2. The playoffs are coming up, how are you preparing for it? continuing my  practice facility streak

3. What were your goals coming into this season? playing 72 games

4. What are your goals going into the playoffs? playing in every game (and not giving up the GWG to seattle)

5. Are you prepared to sport a beard? it will look... rapey…  but yes

6. What is your favourite pet to have? white tail deer

Out of the playoffs edition

1. How heartbroken are you to lose out to Seattle?
  2. What do you think you could've done better?
  3. What is your plans for the current offseason?
  4. Now that we're out, who do you think has the best shot of going for a cup?
  5. Who impressed you the most in practice this year?
  6. What did this team lack, in your opinion?

Not going to lie.  It's a bummer to lose out in the first round especially since we are so much better than we were last year.  But keeping the faith.  Next year is the year of the Dragon.
    Well, Guy could have decided not to almost completely disappear in the playoffs after his best year in the league.
    Drink a lot.  Nah, really, go back to France and spend time with the family.  Clear my head and get ready for next season.
    I figure if Seattle can beat us, they can beat pretty much anyone.
    Aaltonen.  Dude is a bona fide superstar and never takes a practice off - gives it his all every time.  Inspiring.
    Superstar goal tending.  Our guys are good, but they weren't all the way there yet this season.  I think they are going to raise some eyebrows next season!

18 hours ago, fonziGG said:

It's pretty rough, not gonna lie. We really felt this this was out year to go all the way and the series coming that close just makes ir hurt all the more.

I mean, there's a lot of stuff, no player can go 7 games without having a whole wealth of things that they could of done better. Taking that shot a bit earlier, tracking your man better, personally I think there were more than a few shots that I should have converted on.

Work on defence and skating, it's all just prep for next season and working to become a better player for the team.

I'm gonna have to go for Seattle, they had the toughest test so I think they can go all the way now.

God, it's hard to pick one out, maybe Boris, he's a consumant professional and seeing that work ethic from a vet is amazing to see, that drive even after so many seasons under his belt is great for motivation.

Luck, simple enough. Every championship team needs to get a bit of luck now, that's just how competitive the league is nowadays, looking at the standings you can see how tight the top was and anyone of them could win the cup.

Edited by DangerGolding

23 hours ago, fonziGG said:

1. Very. It's sucks that we weren't able to make it past the first round, but hey this gives us motivation to work harder for the following year. It can only go up from here

2. Worked a little harder. Truthfully speaking there are times were I've slacked off and in turn I feel that it may have hurt the teams chances. Definitely need to focus a littler harder on my training.

3. Take a break. Maybe hit up my lodge in the mountains back in Canada. Then come back to D.C. and get some off-season training in

4. I'm gonna say Seattle. After beating us I can only imagine that they'd have an easy time handling the rest of the teams. Except for maybe Vancouver

5. There's so many of my teammates that had. If I had to chose one I'd say Luciano Valentino. He's not only been a leader but also mentor on the ice and in practice.

6. Our defense definitely still needs some work. Goalies can only do so much and having ended the season with a goal differential of only 4 says a lot about our team.  

On 5/4/2020 at 11:04 AM, fonziGG said:

1. How heartbroken are you to lose out to Seattle? a little
  2. What do you think you could've done better? shoot better
  3. What is your plans for the current offseason? work on shooting...  jk probably start saving for depreciation cause im old balls
  4. Now that we're out, who do you think has the best shot of going for a cup? seattle
  5. Who impressed you the most in practice this year? Raleigh
  6. What did this team lack, in your opinion? LUCK

On 5/4/2020 at 7:04 PM, fonziGG said:

1) It is what it is, close 7 games and it really could have went both ways.
2) Could have scored some hat-tricks
3) Fight off regression, mikko is gonna start turning into a grandpa
4) At this point....Go Seattle.
5) Lesieur for sure, the guy is practicing and working out all the time, and it shows in his game improving lately.
6) I don't think we lacked anything in particular, got unlucky in some games and that pretty much cost us, now that Washington swapped to D, we're really in it to win it.

On 5/4/2020 at 9:04 AM, fonziGG said:

1. It definitely sucked, especially now seeing how far Seattle has gone. Seems to be a trend where we lose to a team that goes on to the finals.

2. Me? Played better as a back-up, I suppose.

3. Just keep improving my game and getting ready to be a starter next season.

4. I'll say Seattle, because I'd rather lose to the team that won the cup.

5. Everyone on our team seems to go hard in the practice facilities. I'll say Aaltonen. I really look to him when I'm losing motivation in the gym.

6. Probably defense, but many of our games could have went either way...to be honest.

On 5/4/2020 at 12:04 PM, fonziGG said:

1. I think most of us are pretty bummed out with the early exit. I think we knew it would be a long shot for us to win it all this year, but we had been playing at a level and earning at a level which we truly believed we could surprise some teams.

2. Benny needs to stay out of the box. That’s part of the downside to having strength higher. Although it’s helpful for face offs, you do get more penalties. I don’t want to put points into discipline but it might get to that lol.

3. Just keep grinding away. I’m already at a TPE point I’m happy with, but this will be my final push to 1000 TPA until I need to start saving for depreciation.

5. There’s a lot of guys that were great this year for us. Guys who have overachieved their draft rank like Ritchie and Ricky. I think Lesieur has shown he’s a valuable weapon going forward. I don’t think Washington gets the love he deserves. Legitimately could be our best player next year and he hasn’t really been given the respect league-wise that he deserves.

4. Seattle. I would have said Moscow at the start of the series but I don’t see Seattle losing three times in a row after the run they’ve been on.

6. We need a playmaking forward. All of our builds are either shoot first or balanced. I think an elite goaltender will push us to the cup. I firmly believe we will be in contention once Wolski gets to 700 TPA. That could be as soon as this coming playoffs (which is wild).

mixed up 4 and 5 lol

How heartbroken are you to lose out to Seattle?

Kind of upset, it's the second time we've lost in the first round both by close margins but again there's always next year! I say this as a Sharks fan

What do you think you could've done better?

I think I could have kept out of the box more, get better in the D-zone and block more shots.

What is your plans for the current offseason?

Keep at it, keep grinding cause it'll payoff next season. Our point totals get better and better.

Now that we're out, who do you think has the best shot of going for a cup?

I'm thinking Seattle has a solid shot, plus it'll be as cool as it is heartbreaking to see the winner a team that we took to 7 games.

Who impressed you the most in practice this year?

Guy out there doing the dirty work that goes normally unnoticed on television but as a teammate, it's very admirable.

What did this team lack, in your opinion?

Moarrr forwards! Now that our D lines are in better shape, I think it's time to get more forwards to fill their lines and get them numbers up!

Off-season, let's go

1. Who is your favourite player in this season's draft?

2. Who needs to take the biggest step forward for us to be successful next year?

3. Which team do you think will be the most improved next season?

4. Is Stone Wolski going to be a worthy replacement for JB Rift between the pipes?

5. Who is your favourite teammate?

6. Pie with ice cream or ice cream cake?

27 minutes ago, Enorama said:

Off-season, let's go

1. Who is your favourite player in this season's draftBart Futt

2. Who needs to take the biggest step forward for us to be successful next year? me (seriously)

3. Which team do you think will be the most improved next season? New York New York

4. Is Stone Wolski going to be a worthy replacement for JB Rift between the pipes? To be honest... no.

5. Who is your favourite teammate? George Washington until he changed to defense

6. Pie with ice cream or ice cream cake? Dude always ice cream cake.. wtf is it with everyone liking pies

1. Who is your favourite player in this season's draft?

Unfortunately, being back home in France for the off-season, it's hard to follow the draft.  But I have every confidence that our GMs will kill it again.

2. Who needs to take the biggest step forward for us to be successful next year?

I always feel like I have to work the hardest of anyone on the ice.  I'll help any teammate I can, but it's my job to think about my improvement.

I hope it would be us - the D.C. Dragons.  I know that will be difficult having developed into such a solid team, but I still want us to outwork everyone.

4. Is Stone Wolski going to be a worthy replacement for JB Rift between the pipes?

Absolutely!  Every confidence in the world in our man, Wolski.

I just so look up to Aaltonen.  Superlative performance on the ice, but a rock solid leader and teammate in the LR, too.

Will pretty much take pie over any kind of cake - even one made of ice cream.

3 hours ago, Enorama said:

Off-season, let's go

1. Gino DiGiannantoni. Simply cause the name is awesome. 

2. Hard to single out a specific player. I believe we all need to step up in order to help the team achieve success!

3. Well every team seems to be pretty well rounded going into next season. I'd put our money on us though

4. Absolutely. Can't think of anyone better

5. All of them? Can't say I have a specific one

6. Pie with ice cream!

On 5/11/2020 at 5:11 PM, Enorama said:

Off-season, let's go

1) Had a quick glance and it's probably Latrell Mitchell, awesome to see an Aussie wanting to compete in the VHL.
2) I think because of Mikko becoming a grandpa, everyone needs to come together more as a unit, so I don't think there are any specific players, we all get better while(unfortunately) mikko gets worse.
3) Davos & New York
4) Down the line for sure.
5) D.C is and always will be like a family to me, everyone that joins, no matter the length of their play here, so there isn't a defined answer, I like everyone.
6) Love me some ice cream cakes.

On 5/11/2020 at 3:11 PM, Enorama said:

Off-season, let's go

Don't recognise many names there but I'll go with Bobby Wynam @Lefty_S and Jay Jones @TTtheT. Had some nontact with their agency in the past and they're class young players.

I put the pressure of that on myself, I haven't produced as well as I'd hope last season and I feel I need to progress to that next step this season or it might never happen.

Hard to say, us I suppose.

I think it's gonna be some big skates to fill but he's got the experience under his belt now to handle that challenge, I'll be testing him his practice so lets put that question on ice for a bit.

Probably Mikko, he's an inspiration for me as a forward, he's a really talented player and he's taught me a lot of what he knows.

Can i choose option C, a nice fruit crumble with custard?

On 5/11/2020 at 7:11 AM, Enorama said:

Off-season, let's go

1. Digiannatonio's name is long so that's basically it for me. Liam Flaten is now my fav though because we drafted him.

2. I would say Wolski, because goaltending is super important. Other than that, guys that are older like Aaltonen need to stay on their A game, while the rest of the team still gets better.

3. DC has been improving every season, so I think it's us. Our goaltending is better at the start of this season than last season, so there's that as well.

4. It will be hard to match Rift's play probably in Wolski's first season as starter, but we'll see. Rift is a legend.

5. Aaltonen's been a monster in the VHL, so probably him.

6. Ice cream cake.

On 5/11/2020 at 10:11 AM, Enorama said:

Off-season, let's go

1. Gotta go with our old AGM @McWolf here for the best player in the draft. I like @dasboot's player Latrell Mitchell. We've had a bit of dialogue on the graphics side of discord and he seems like a cool dude. I don't follow the draft too close, but those are the guys that stand out to me.

2. Wolski. He was a rookie last year, and overperformed. His success will determine the team's success. I'm exciting because I think he will be a top goalie very soon and for years to come.

3. I keep saying Washington, and I believe it more now than ever with the position change.

4. Absolutely. Rift was a great player for us last season and it's been fun having @Devise in the LR, but the truth is Wolski is our guy for the future, and he will be the one who takes us to gold.

5. Tough call, I really do like all the guys on the team. If it was in-character probably Lesieur as Benny and him have played their entire careers together including Junior.

6. I'd go with pie I think

1. Who is your favourite player in this season's draft?

Call me a fanboy, but I'm excited to see what SS Hornet is going to bring to the VHL.

I'm thinking everyone really needs to work together as a unit. I know heavy hitter Mikko may focus more on development for new players being a veteran himself so everyone else including myself needs to pay it forward.

Us for sure, we've been improving every season and the only way is up for us!

I think so, I think we have a solid chance with a young, developing goalie between the pipes with the likes of Wolski.

Gotta say it's my ride of die, Mikko. We've been here from the start and happy to see things pan out the way it has.

Ice cream and pie, everything else is a sin... unless it's root beer floats.

Edited by Kekzkrieg