Prague Phantoms - Alternate Logo

Psyduck77

On 9/14/2019 at 7:58 PM, Motzaburger said:

@Psyduck77 This is dope man. Using Illustrator? We need to talk :) 

On 9/15/2019 at 4:29 AM, gorlab said:

@Psyduck77  who in god's name are you?  That logo is flame af if it isn't ripped and you designed it from scratch.

Very interesting work!!! I love it.

https://placeit.net/c/logos/stages/gaming-logo-maker-for-dota-2-fans-featuring-a-necromancer-clipart-2499h

54 minutes ago, gorlab said:

Oof

His text is still pretty dope tho ?

That was done on placeit as well, either he removed the watermark himself, he has a pro subscription to the site, or there's some way to get the underlying logo by inspecting the source.

2 hours ago, Enorama said:

That was done on placeit as well, either he removed the watermark himself, he has a pro subscription to the site, or there's some way to get the underlying logo by inspecting the source.

oof x 2

I’m not sure how creating something of value, that was generally received as high quality is bad just because I didn’t spend 6 hours struggling in illustrator to create it “from scratch”. It took me 30 minutes to pick all the colors, font, and correct art and get it how I wanted. Someone talented in illustrator could create this exact thing from scratch in the same amount of time. So is this only about time spent? Would you value me making something in mspaint that took 6 hours but looks like shit? If I recorded a video of me thinking about the vhl and staring in the camera would that count as enough effort? I guess I’m just wondering if these tasks are to generate good content for the site or simply to “prove” that you spent some time thinking of vhl? Seems to me like high quality is more important than spending lots of time doing something unproductive. 

8 minutes ago, Psyduck77 said:

I’m not sure how creating something of value, that was generally received as high quality is bad just because I didn’t spend 6 hours struggling in illustrator to create it “from scratch”. It took me 30 minutes to pick all the colors, font, and correct art and get it how I wanted. Someone talented in illustrator could create this exact thing from scratch in the same amount of time. So is this only about time spent? Would you value me making something in mspaint that took 6 hours but looks like shit? If I recorded a video of me thinking about the vhl and staring in the camera would that count as enough effort? I guess I’m just wondering if these tasks are to generate good content for the site or simply to “prove” that you spent some time thinking of vhl? Seems to me like high quality is more important than spending lots of time doing something unproductive. 

I get the frustration, I do. It's just that you've been doing these every week, and when you use a logo generator like that it doesn't seem like much work, especially if you're using it weekly.

The logos obviously look great, however.

2 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

I get the frustration, I do. It's just that you've been doing these every week, and when you use a logo generator like that it doesn't seem like much work, especially if you're using it weekly.

The logos obviously look great, however.

So it is about how much time you spend? And I make a point to not just slam anything together for the logos. I spend at least 30 minutes and usually an hour in the app finding the right art and coloring. 

30 minutes ago, Psyduck77 said:

So it is about how much time you spend? And I make a point to not just slam anything together for the logos. I spend at least 30 minutes and usually an hour in the app finding the right art and coloring. 

You do raise valid points / have a valid argument imo.

It's just that there is a very long-standing stigma against "ripping" content, in terms of sim league graphics. Even if someone takes the same time/effort as a traditional "sig" would be, it still usually gets frowned upon (especially LOGO wise) if the "rip source' is found.

... but, I mean, when someone makes a sig or a graphic, they are technically "ripping" the player image / stocks / etc.... So it's a tough one.

IMO it's best to just stay away from submitting logos (especially logos made from a logo generator app/software/etc) even though it does take effort/knowledge/skill to put together a "logo rip" like this one. 

37 minutes ago, Psyduck77 said:

7 minutes ago, gorlab said:

You do raise valid points / have a valid argument imo.

It's just that there is a very long-standing stigma against "ripping" content, in terms of sim league graphics. Even if someone takes the same time/effort as a traditional "sig" would be, it still usually gets frowned upon (especially LOGO wise) if the "rip source' is found.

... but, I mean, when someone makes a sig or a graphic, they are technically "ripping" the player image / stocks / etc.... So it's a tough one.

IMO it's best to just stay away from submitting logos (especially logos made from a logo generator app/software/etc) even though it does take effort/knowledge/skill to put together a "logo rip" like this one. 

I think Gorlab probably said it best.

14 hours ago, gorlab said:

Also, I'd love to see this tbh. 

tbh, if he did this and actually explained his process (colours, image choice, font choice, etc.) it would qualify as a video/podcast.

But using an image generator to produce the logo does go against the rules. While yes, you're right that even "rip" content, in the sense that they're almost never using images owned by the member, they're still manipulating them in a way that is their own, using layers and effects to create something new. This is basically clip art, which has never been allowed for PT submission.