S68 Hall of Fame Induction

Beketov

• Commissioner

SIktWHF.png

As is League tradition, every off-season the VHL presents it's Hall of Fame induction. This season, and for hopefully the final time, the Board of Governors has decided that only one Player will be inducted, as opposed to the traditional 2 inductions each season. 

D9T11yr.png

RW - Mathias Chouinard, S20-S25 :cal: :hcd:

RS: 434 GP, 286 G, 338 A, 624 P, +110, 143 PIM, 157 HIT, 205 SB, 45 GW

PO: 41 GP, 23 G, 28 A, 51 P, +22, 20 PIM, 9 HIT, 17 SB, 7 GW

S23 Howe Trophy (Playoff MVP)

S24 Lemieux Trophy (Top Scorer)

Three Continental Cups (S23, S24, S25)

43 seasons; that is how long Mathias Chouinard has been waiting for this. That is a lifetime by VHL standards and is over 8 times as long as Chouinard's undoubtedly magnificent career. In only 434 games Chouinard managed to put up over 600 points which is a feat many players can't manage in 8 seasons while also winning 3 consecutive continental cups before retiring on top. How long this induction took is showcased perhaps best by the fact that when Chouinard won his awards, a playoff MVP and top scorer trophy, they had not yet been renamed and still reflect the original names most people would no longer even recognize. Always a scoring threat at a time when scoring was sky high and a constant cup contender Mathias Chouinard finally joins the ranks of the VHL Hall of Fame.

Vote

Mathias Chouinard - 7/11

Tyson Kohler - 1/11

Jakab Holik - 1/11

Astrid Moon - 1/11

Keaton Louth - 1/11

• Admin

With this induction, the S24 Davos team becomes the cup winner with the most future Hall of Famers on 7:

Daisuke Kanou @tfong

Anton Brekker @DGFX.

Pavel Koradek @Koradek

Leeroy Jenkins @Squinty

Adam Schultz @Frank

Japinder Singh @8Ovechkin8

and now Mathias Chouinard

S25 Davos moves up to joint second on 6 (all of the above less Koradek), while S23 Calgary finally gets their 2nd (will @.sniffuM make it 3? Stay tuned in 42 seasons).

• Head Moderator
8 hours ago, Victor said:

With this induction, the S24 Davos team becomes the cup winner with the most future Hall of Famers on 7:

Daisuke Kanou @tfong

Anton Brekker @DGFX.

Pavel Koradek @Koradek

Leeroy Jenkins @Squinty

Adam Schultz @Frank

Japinder Singh @8Ovechkin8

and now Mathias Chouinard

S25 Davos moves up to joint second on 6 (all of the above less Koradek), while S23 Calgary finally gets their 2nd (will @.sniffuM make it 3? Stay tuned in 42 seasons).

Awww yeaaah i loved this Davos era :D

13 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

Spangle from back in the s20s

Might be one of the longest tenures between retired and inducted. I know Greg had a player in that boat too...Felix Peters? I think? God damn where did the years go. 

Congrats to Chouniard though well overdue was an interesting voting year lots of voters valuing different things and with us entering an era with less stats, and some mix/match award cabinets it's going to be interesting to see who starts making it in the next say 5 seasons. I know Cast/Thompson obviously joining the ballot next season too. 

• Commissioner
19 minutes ago, Devise said:

Might be one of the longest tenures between retired and inducted. I know Greg had a player in that boat too...Felix Peters? I think? God damn where did the years go. 

I believe this is the longest by a fair margin. Peters was the longest I can remember and he was waiting 21 seasons. Chouinard’s wait is just over double that.

• Admin
26 minutes ago, Beketov said:

I believe this is the longest by a fair margin. Peters was the longest I can remember and he was waiting 21 seasons. Chouinard’s wait is just over double that.

Sauve was the other one but yeah think the first record was Sauve, then Peters, now Chouinard.

Sharpe is next I reckon. 

• Commissioner
45 minutes ago, Victor said:

Sauve was the other one but yeah think the first record was Sauve, then Peters, now Chouinard.

Sharpe is next I reckon. 

I’m good with it if you are haha

• Commissioner
7 hours ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

i mean you rigged the regular season so you might as rig yourself getting into the HoF ;)

i cant believe this actually happened. I always thought Chouinard belonged in the hall

If I could get Holik and a couple of my old fuckers in maybe I could beat @Will’s record 3 straight inductions.

• Victor unfeatured this topic