Warsaw Predators Press Conference

Da_Berr

t0iLC3y.png

*Week ending May 30th* (Answer 6 questions for 2 TPE)

1. We've recovered from losing our first two games to sit at 9-2-0, topping the league and once again holding the league's best goal differential. Was there any doubt in your mind we'd recover after the rough first sim?

2. Chris Reynolds has been on a tear in recent games, leading the team in goals and the league in GWGs while Aloe Dear and Dakota Lamb sit top 3 in the league in assists, and top 10 in the league in points. Whose performance have you been most impressed with on the team thus far?

3. Which line would you say has been the driving force for the team thus far?

4. What are your thoughts on the recently-announced VHLE?

5. What is your favorite animal?

6. Which real-life sport do you think has the most interesting offseason?

7. Which VHL team has surprised you the most this season so far, whether for positive or negative reasons?

8. Which VHL conference has been stronger so far this season in your opinion?

9. What is your favorite movie of all time?

10. Are you looking forward to the return of VHL trivia this week? I know I am!

1. We've recovered from losing our first two games to sit at 9-2-0, topping the league and once again holding the league's best goal differential. Was there any doubt in your mind we'd recover after the rough first sim?

no because we are a good team

2. Chris Reynolds has been on a tear in recent games, leading the team in goals and the league in GWGs while Aloe Dear and Dakota Lamb sit top 3 in the league in assists, and top 10 in the league in points. Whose performance have you been most impressed with on the team thus far?

not mine i've been doodoo

i think it's stupid to add another league, it's not really needed imo

bear because it hit things

soccer with all the signings

give me the free tpe please

1 hour ago, .sniffuM said:

t0iLC3y.png

7. Which VHL team has surprised you the most this season so far, whether for positive or negative reasons?

1. Never a doubt I knew we’d bounce back

2. I say Dear and Lamb as they are the best 1-2 punch at center in the league 

3. any line can drive this offense from game to game 

4. I like the idea definitely interested to see it in action 

5. I like too many animals to pick just one 

6. Football, especially this year with all the drama of star players wanting out of where they are 

7. LA I honestly thought they’d take a small step back this year 

8. in my opinion it’s the EU but it’s still too early to really say

9. Miracle 

10. absolutely looking forward to it

Absolutely no doubt. I'm not sure why, but there seems to be outside doubters on us, but in our room, no, not at all.

Reynolds 100%. He's always been a great player, but I'm glad he's come out of the gate on absolute fire this season. He absolutely deserves it. Lamb and Dear doing their usual things ;) 

I don't think I can give a definitive answer, we have such a well-rounded team, everyone contributes.

I like the idea, but will have to see it in action before I can make a decision on how I really feel. I'm always excited for new teams, though.

It's in the name🐑

The most interesting? Probably the NFL. So much movement, from players to coaches to drafts, and all of those things have a huge impact on the upcoming season.

No doubt at all. We have been the best team in the EU for a bit now, no doubt about it.

Gotta go with Reynolds because he is becoming a true leader and dominant player.

It is interesting. It is something I have wanted PBE to do so a 2nd minor league will be fun to watch.

Sloth is my favorite animal.

NFL or NBA really just because of free agency. There are usually a lot of big name free agents.

Yes, 100% it is the main way that I get my last 2 TPE for the week. No trivia usually means I get 10 in the week!

Nope we have a great team here and I knew we would get back to our winning ways at some point.

Chris Reynolds is the most impressive as it is more unexpected for a d to lead in goals and gwg.

I would say we have a balanced attack and all lines have being contributing.

My next player will be in the first draft class taking part so will be interesting.  Another league to play in while developing is great.

A hard one as there are alot of great options.  I will go with Lions with elephants

A close second.  Watching elephants drink from our pool in Africa was amazing.

The NFL as other leagues like the NBA have a great free agency but the NFL draft puts it over the top.

On 5/24/2021 at 12:21 PM, .sniffuM said:

t0iLC3y.png

1. Absolutely no doubt in my mind that we would recover and top the league. We're built different.

2. Huge shoutout to Reynolds for really stepping it up this year! He has been a welcome surprise standout player for us.

3. Honestly we got lines 1A and 1B right now, and they've just been absolutely rolling.

4. I'm really not too sure what I think of it. I'll probably try to bypass it completely and just go straight to VHL on my next player.

5. i like turtles

7. I'm really surprised by Malmo to be honest. I expected them to be a bottom dwelling team but the chemistry is there I suppose and they're holding a playoff spot again.

t0iLC3y.png

*Week ending June 6th* (Answer 6 questions for 2 TPE)

1. Which team have you most enjoyed facing so far this season?

2. What has been more surprising to you: Toronto's recent collapse or Moscow's recent surge?

3. Who is the leading candidate to get Warsaw's nomination for Most Improved Player in this early stretch of the season?

4. Got any words of advice for WAR-G so he stops being such a scrub and holding us back when we have to play him?

5. Chicago is giving us the most legit challenge we've had for the league goals and goal differential lead in the past couple seasons. What adjustments can we make to come out on top again?

6. Despite being by far the worst team in the standings, Vancouver has given us a run for our money every time we've played them. What can we do to avoid playing down to our competition in those games?

7. Which non-Warsaw player do you think has been the most impressive so far this season and why?

8. Why is Aloe Dear getting hit so much more than every other player in the league?

every team because i enjoy inflicting pain on them

3. Who is the leading candidate to get Warsaw's nomination for Most Improved Player in this early stretch of the season?

me because i am the most improved

4. Got any words of advice for WAR-G so he stops being such a scrub and holding us back when we have to play him?

stop sucking or else i hit you many times

5. Chicago is giving us the most legit challenge we've had for the league goals and goal differential lead in the past couple seasons. What adjustments can we make to come out on top again?

let me do my thing on the power play

6. Despite being by far the worst team in the standings, Vancouver has given us a run for our money every time we've played them. What can we do to avoid playing down to our competition in those games?

don't take them for granted and beat them up 

8. Why is Aloe Dear getting hit so much more than every other player in the league

because aloe dear is not strong yet but once aloe dear becomes strong they will do the hitting

Thus far? Moscow. We're 4-0-1 in 5 games against them, although most have been kept close. Honorable mention to Helsinki, always feels good destroying them and we're 4-1-0 so far against them, with 22 goals on them being our most against any single opponent. 

2. What has been more surprising to you: Toronto's recent collapse or Moscow's recent surge?

Toronto collapsing isn't a surprise at all, pretty par for the course. Moscow I'd say for sure, they're sort-of mid rebuild.  

I'd either give Chris Reynolds or Victor Grachev the nomination here, Reynolds is on pace to smash his career-highs, and Grachev has blossomed in the absence of Latrell Mitchell.

He needs to bulk up a bit, obviously he has no reflexes at all, so just being a big warm body in front of the net is probably the best we're getting from him.

Shove the score down their throats. I feel we've gone into those games with a light attitude, we need to focus on our game and play to the best of their ability and absolutely bury them like I know we can.

7. Which non-Warsaw player do you think has been the most impressive so far this season and why?

Has to be Lee Xin on Chicago. Hasn't hit the 90 point mark in their career before, but on pace to absolutely smash it this season.

On 6/1/2021 at 1:40 PM, .sniffuM said:

t0iLC3y.png

*Week ending June 6th* (Answer 6 questions for 2 TPE)

8. Why is Aloe Dear getting hit so much more than every other player in the league?

1. Helsinki because to me they are our biggest rival and it’s always fun to play your rival 

2. Toronto’s collapse is surprising because they should be a decent team 

3. I refuse to answer myself so I’m going to say Grachev because he’s becoming a true franchise D-man now

4. just don’t suck and we can hopefully do enough to at least get points in his games

5. at the time of my response we are starting to pull away from them just gotta keep scoring 

6. simple take them seriously like they are a top team in fact that’s how we have to go into every game 

7. There’s only one right answer and it’s Lee Xin where did this come from I for one am extremely impressed

8. because Dear is one of the leagues best players so teams will target them 

It's tempting to say Toronto since we've done rather well against them, but I think it's London. They have done increasingly well over the last few seasons and I appreciate the challenge.

Toronto's collapse. There's no good reason they should be doing this poorly unless they're playing their backup every game; they may not have any truly elite forwards outside of Hornet, but the remainder of their forwards are solid and their defense should be excellent.

Uh, Chris. C'mon now, he's the league leader in goals and is now top-ten there, too!

We love you, WAR-G, and just want to see you succeed. I know you can't control your bad attributes, so... do what you can. :(

Shut down Sandstrom. He's been one of the three stars in every game we've played against Chicago I think, so we need a more targeted defensive strategy vs. him.

Lee Xin, of course! They have a ton of points and is one of the primary reasons Chicago is doing so well.

I don't know. Why they hate me?

I'd say London as it feels great when we beat them as they are my hometown team if we can say that for all UK players.

Chris Reynolds has been amazing and looks to be setting career highs.

He just needs to focus and not give up the garbage goal, those are the worst we it's deflating.

We just need to keep scoring as that's what we do best.  Instead of shutting the offense when up on teams we just need to keep piling on their missory.

We gotta keep our focus and have the mindset that they are a top team in the league.  We need to stop looking past them which it seems like we do.

We have the puck more than the other team so there's a higher probability of getting hit and then add that he's our best player so they will focus on hitting him.

I won't give any other team satisfaction by listing them here. Warsaw only!

Has to be Reynolds, he is absolutely killing it right now!

Literally just like don't move and maybe you might stop more pucks than you are right now.

Just gotta play Warsaw hockey! We know how to by our last couple seasons!

6. Despite being by far the worst team in the standings, Vancouver has given us a run for our money every time we've played them. What can we do to avoid playing down to our competition in those games?

We can't overlook them and count them as an automatic win. It leads to laziness.

I think people just want to get close to her. She is hot.

t0iLC3y.png

*Week ending June 13th* (Answer 6 questions for 2 TPE)

1. Coming off our roughest sim of the season, what can we do to get back on course?

2. Many of the teams around us in the European Conference standings are riding positive momentum. How do we stay ahead of the pack?

3. Our backup goalie has been a sore spot for us, but we only have one more game to play them. How does it feel to nearly be done with WAR G for the season?

4. If you could have one superpower, what would it be?

5. Aloe Dear has established herself as the league's points and assists leader for some time now. Is there perhaps a Campbell or Slobodzian trophy coming to a Warsaw player this season?

6. Chris Reynolds is one goal off the VHL lead, pushing to be the first Warsaw player to lead the VHL in the goalscoring category. What can we do to get him there?

7. We're on pace to top our franchise record of 291 goals from last season, being the first VHL team in nearly 20 seasons to score 300 goals if we maintain pace. Do you believe we'll get there?

8. How high can you jump?

9. Aloe Dear finished last season 1 point shy of tying Hunter Heart Helmsley's franchise record of 113 points in a season, but is on pace to shatter it this year with 130. How confident are you that Dear will pass up HHH's season franchise record?

10. What is your favorite dish/meal to cook or prepare by yourself?

1. Coming off our roughest sim of the season, what can we do to get back on course?

we win 

2. Many of the teams around us in the European Conference standings are riding positive momentum. How do we stay ahead of the pack?

again, we win

3. Our backup goalie has been a sore spot for us, but we only have one more game to play them. How does it feel to nearly be done with WAR G for the season?

very good because i'm damn near punching that sucker

invincibility so i can dish out the pain yet feel nothing

5. Aloe Dear has established herself as the league's points and assists leader for some time now. Is there perhaps a Campbell or Slobodzian trophy coming to a Warsaw player this season?

yes we the best

6. Chris Reynolds is one goal off the VHL lead, pushing to be the first Warsaw player to lead the VHL in the goalscoring category. What can we do to get him there?

pass him the puck

7. We're on pace to top our franchise record of 291 goals from last season, being the first VHL team in nearly 20 seasons to score 300 goals if we maintain pace. Do you believe we'll get there?

yes 

as high as you want

9. Aloe Dear finished last season 1 point shy of tying Hunter Heart Helmsley's franchise record of 113 points in a season, but is on pace to shatter it this year with 130. How confident are you that Dear will pass up HHH's season franchise record?

it will happen 100%

anything

t0iLC3y.png

1. Coming off our roughest sim of the season, what can we do to get back on course?

Keep scoring goals as that's what we do best and now less games for the backup goalie.

2. Many of the teams around us in the European Conference standings are riding positive momentum. How do we stay ahead of the pack?

Same answer as above.  Keep scoring goals and uhtred needs to go on another hot streak.

3. Our backup goalie has been a sore spot for us, but we only have one more game to play them. How does it feel to nearly be done with WAR G for the season?

It's great to be done as that will mean more wins.

The ability to fly would be great.  Can get places so much faster.

Need to feed him the puck as much as possible and go with the law if averages and keep having him take shots.

10. What is your favorite dish/meal to cook or prepare by yourself?

Penne with a home made sauce, either tomato sauce or a Bolognese sauce.

I am not worried, we will be okay!

We are the best team in the league for a reason, just need to show it!

FINALLY! CAN'T WAIT TO HAVE YOU NOT PLAY AGAIN!

Teleportation! Think of all the travel!

There better be or we riot!

Give Reynolds the puck! :) 

If I say yes, I feel like we won't so I will say no chance!

I don't think I have ever measured but I can't dunk a basketball.

Get our offensive rhythm back on the second line. It's been our trump card for the last few dozen games and we need to right the ship.

I was in the lead for a good portion of last season, and that kind of fell apart after the trade deadline. So I'm not going to jinx myself by saying one way or the other; I just hope it happens.

Oh, I'll get Reynolds to top goalscorer with all of my power. He deserves it after being so patient with this team the last few seasons.

I hope we do, but I don't think assuming or believing will get us there. We've got to prove it on the ice.

I can touch the rim of a basketball hoop with some effort! But I'm not sure how high that means I can jump (I'm pretty short).

Oof, well our last 6 games or so have been pretty dreadful for me so far. I want to succeed, of course, but not at the cost of the team's success.

On 6/8/2021 at 1:33 PM, .sniffuM said:

t0iLC3y.png

1. We finally bounced back after that rough stretch 

2. just keep playing our game eventually we will get it together consistently 

3. thank god we are done now we can actually play

4. Flying because I can get to places faster 

5. Dear is a fantastic player and in my opinion should win both but she should definitely be on the ballot at least 

6. I’ve slowed down scoring the last couple of sims so I don’t know how close I am, but hopefully I can keep it close the rest of the season 

7. we can get there just need some 7 bombs

9. extremely confident that there will be a new record holder

t0iLC3y.png

*Week ending June 20th* (Answer 6 questions for 2 TPE)

1. We've gone through a rough stretch lately that has us barely clinging onto the top spot in the EU. What can we do to re-gain some positive momentum?

2. Which EU team do you feel stands as our biggest threat in the postseason?

3. What were your thoughts on the flurry of trade deadline activity?

4. Which new recreate for the Season 80 VHL draft are you most excited for?

5. Youtube or Twitch?

6. Which of the 10 teams currently in playoff positions do you think is most likely to miss the playoffs and why?

7. How would you grade your player's performance this season on a scale of 1 to 10?

8. How would you grade the team's performance this season on a scale of 1 to 10?

1. We've gone through a rough stretch lately that has us barely clinging onto the top spot in the EU. What can we do to re-gain some positive momentum?

we beat up the rest of the division

nobody, not as tuff as us

3. What were your thoughts on the flurry of trade deadline activity?

i do not care

4. Which new recreate for the Season 80 VHL draft are you most excited for?

i do not care

5. Youtube or Twitch?

youtube is the superior video platform

6. Which of the 10 teams currently in playoff positions do you think is most likely to miss the playoffs and why?

everyone else who is weak and bad and not good

7. How would you grade your player's performance this season on a scale of 1 to 10?

10 because i have 69 blocked shots (nice)

8. How would you grade the team's performance this season on a scale of 1 to 10?

10 because we the best

Just take things 1 game at a time. I think we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves, so we just need to slow it down, study, train, and practice for the next one and we should be good. 

I'd definitely say London, as they've got a solid team and are right on our heels in the standings. Prague is up there too, however there is no shootouts in the postseason so how are they going to win games? /s

5. Youtube or Twitch?

Youtube 100%. Unless it is an event or something like that, I'd rather watch stream highlights on YouTube than just a long stream. 

One of Calgary - Los Angeles - D.C. is going to miss the playoffs, and I think it's going to be Calgary due to growing pains. I like all 3 teams, and the battle will be fun to watch nonetheless. 

I'd give it an 8 probably. Not the best season Lamb has had, but still quite good, and I am more than happy.

Again, an 8, possibly even a 9 if we didn't have this slight rough patch here lately. I still think we can kick it in gear for a Victory Cup, we will see.