London United Press Conferences

McWolf

On 9/1/2020 at 10:57 AM, McWolf said:

LondonBar_uu5ZE7B.png

Press Conference for the week ending on Sunday September 6th.

1. In the league's first ever pity lottery tournament, we finished last from a group made up of the 6 worst teams in the league. Did you expect us to do so bad?

2. Did you enjoy the tournament anyway?

3. With the tournament now done, we are truly entering offseason mode. Suggest a trade we could make.

4. We're going golfing this weekend. Who do you think is the best among the United players and staff?

5. What's your favourite British insult?

6. I haven't read a book in ages. What's the last one you read?

@TTtheT @MattyIce @SirRupertBarnes @Boragina @Biggreen10 @der meister @Ninjaboi @SeamusSv

1. I thought we could win something, but I guess not. We'll be in the playoffs next season though.

2. The non-hockey things were nice, I guess.

3. A competent goalie for a bag of chips.

4. I think I'm pretty good.

5. Fookin _______.

6. I read the hunger games trilogy last week. 

On 9/1/2020 at 11:57 AM, McWolf said:

In the league's first ever pity lottery tournament, we finished last from a group made up of the 6 worst teams in the league. Did you expect us to do so bad?

2. Did you enjoy the tournament anyway?

3. With the tournament now done, we are truly entering offseason mode. Suggest a trade we could make.

4. We're going golfing this weekend. Who do you think is the best among the United players and staff?

5. What's your favourite British insult?

6. I haven't read a book in ages. What's the last one you read?

1. We have some big holes in the roster right now so it is what it is. We finished second last in the league so it’s not too surprising. We’ll get better over time.

2. Seemed interesting enough. I’m not sure if I really agree because it favours the better teams that don’t need it as much.

3. That’s tough. We don’t really have any assets we would want to part with. We already traded Leseiur away.

4. I’m taking it all ?

5. Cant say I’ve been in London long enough to know.

6. The last one I finished was book 10 in the Demonata series by Darren Shan. I had started reading a bit of Enders game but never finished it.

LondonBar_uu5ZE7B.png

Press Conference for the week ending on Sunday September 13th.

1. Offseason is finally arriving, which means maybe one more week or two before season starts again. What's your routine when you don't have games before another 2 weeks?

2. Are you rooting for Helsinki or Seattle, in the VHL finals?

3. Talking of rooting, which bandwagon are you on in the NHL? Dallas, New York, Tampa Bay or Vegas?

4. It's a really good time for sports fans in general, with the NFL season starting this Thursday. Are you a fan of American Football? What teams do you like?

5. What are your favourite current TV shows?

6. And while we are here, what are your favourite older TV shows?

@TTtheT @MattyIce @SirRupertBarnes @Boragina @Biggreen10 @der meister @Ninjaboi @SeamusSv

1 - Cry. Then sob silently for a while before having a good bout of tears.

2 - Don't care. Neither team is London, therefore neither team matters.

3 - ugh. New York I guess.

4 - nope and nope.

5 - I'm not sure. I've been watching a lot of game streamers more than TV shows lately. Mario Maker most often.

6 - Seinfeld, Spaced, MST3K, Daria, and Archer would probably be my top 5, though I feel like I must be forgetting a bunch.

James Rose will be answering some questions now:

1. Offseason is finally arriving, which means maybe one more week or two before season starts again. What's your routine when you don't have games before another 2 weeks?

Well I'm doing some offseason training with some buddies, I have to stay in shape and improve for next season.

It would be fun to see Helsinki win, but I think Seattle had a tougher road to the final.  I think Seattle will win again.

3. Talking of rooting, which bandwagon are you on in the NHL? Dallas, New York, Tampa Bay or Vegas?

I'd like to see a Vegas - New York final

4. It's a really good time for sports fans in general, with the NFL season starting this Thursday. Are you a fan of American Football? What teams do you like?

Oh boy, I like the Packers and the 49ers

I watch Big Brother with my lady, it's hilarious.  I spend time watching mostly documentaries, not sure if you can call them shows?...

6. And while we are here, what are your favourite older TV shows?

I still go down memory lane from time to time with classic sitcoms like Friends and that 70s Show

On 9/7/2020 at 4:08 PM, McWolf said:

1. Just train hard and have a good time. Go water-skiing on the lake with boys and just relax a little before getting into the grind. Still need to get settled into London for the upcoming season though. 
2. I have no affiliation to either but Seattle has won more often so we’ll go with Helsinki.

3. With my Bruins being out I’m going for NY. If they lose then there’s nobody I want to win.

4. Not overly but I’m a fan of Boston sports teams so I’ll cheer for the Patriots but I’m not a diehard by any means.

5. Ozark is a spectacular show. Disenchantment and Outer Space are great as well. Lately I’ve been watching Jojo’s bizarre adventure.

6. Breaking Bad and The Office are classics

On 9/7/2020 at 3:08 PM, McWolf said:

LondonBar_uu5ZE7B.png

1. Just relaxing and taking a break before the next season starts.

2. Seattle I guess. Not too familiar with either teams.

3. VEGAS. Always cool to see an expansion team be great.

4. Not really. More of a hockey/basketball guy.

5. Not really a traditional tv show, but I've been liking AEW lately. 

6. Don't really watch old shows.

On 9/7/2020 at 3:08 PM, McWolf said:

LondonBar_uu5ZE7B.png

1) Take some time off to go to the beach, hang out with friends, and catch up with the parents

2) Helsinki just because I think it is better for league health if the same team doesn't keep winning

3) Vegas for sure. Vegas immediately being so good as an expansion team is a damning indictment of dinosaur NHL GMs who have no idea how to evaluate talent and play too much of an emphasis on gritty heavy veterans

4) Huge Eagles fan - absolutely embarrassing performance against the WFT today :(

5) The Office, Family Guy, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad

6) Seinfeld and Eerybody Loves Raymon

On 9/7/2020 at 1:08 PM, McWolf said:

LondonBar_uu5ZE7B.png

Hello, I am raiding your team's press conference lol

1. My routine will probably include a lot of cup parades, so I'll be heckin busy.

2. There's only one right answer.

3. I'm a big fan of Vegas. I'd rather see the team with no cups win, and I like Theodore and Fleury.

4. I'm a pretty casual fan, so usually only really keep up in the playoffs. I am a fan of the Saints, so at the same time the playoffs are probably the worst time to watch them lmao.

5. I don't watch TV shows very often, and I have none that I'm currently following.

6. Been watching a lot of Friends and Seinfeld. Some might say those shows are not that old, but they are to me.

LondonBar_uu5ZE7B.png

Press Conference for the week ending on Sunday September 20th.

1. The VHL Draft was last week, we added high-potential players at every position. What was your favourite selection?

2. Which player did we miss, that you hoped we could have drafted?

3. Give us a non-biased grade for our draft weekend.

4. A once-per-season classic: what's your pre-game ritual?

5. A twist on a once-per-season classic: what's your intermission ritual?

6. What are you mainly working on this offseason?

@TTtheT @MattyIce @SirRupertBarnes @Boragina @Biggreen10 @der meister @Ninjaboi @SeamusSv @okochastar @Enorama @ZP16 @eaglesfan0366 @Nepto @Goliathus

Edited by McWolf

That's a tough call, because all of our picks have so much upside. If I have to pick one, though, it's @chatfan036. Goalie's the most important guy on the ice, right?

I like quite a few players that we couldn't grab, but @Plateis probably tops on that list. He was the Team World GM who pulled me in for the tourney and gave me a chance to shine.

B+. Good value at the spots, but could have used a top notch D prospect.

Pasta lunch and some fast rock. From Diablo Swing Orchestra to Fear Factory.

Drain the bladder. Makes me more aerodynamic.

Shot and defense. I want to retire as London's all time goal leader, which means I gotta build on last season's total.

9 hours ago, McWolf said:

LondonBar_uu5ZE7B.png

1. The VHL Draft was last week, we added high-potential players at every position. What was your favourite selection?

1) My favorite selection was myself because I was kind of hoping to be drafted to an expansion team. It will be awesome to potentially be London's first cup winning goalie and I hope to really help carry this team in crunch time if  ican

2) John Leclair - Flyersfan - He may not have been among the highest tpe wise, but as a longtime member he is one of the most reliable picks you can make and is also my brother so this is completely unbiased

3) B - All the picks seemed to make sense, but nothing I would say is a major steal. I will wait and see how they pan out but I predict good things

4) Real life for this one - finding the right balance of water, peeing, and food. I definitely want to hydrate as much as possible before my game, and I want to time my pee for last second so I can last as long as possible without urinating out there. Food wise I want to have a little something to hold me over, but nothing that will make me be puking out there. Nuts and a banana are my go to

5) Getting a free massage at the trainers expense

6) Finally having a good seasons statistically. Last year I was on a horrible Halifax team, but this year we are legit cup contenders and I have the potential to be the top VHLM goalie

No way.  You can't say it like that.  We stacked up big time and that's my favorite.  It's looking really good.

@Plate Hoped you could've been here man

Solid A

Probably vaping, blazing a fat j or some tunes with banter about the meaning of life and the stream of consciousness, or ladies.

Same as previous answer, next question please

I worked on my defensive skills and positioning, improved my passing and I got little bit faster and fancier.  Participated in some tournaments, took care of business too.

On 9/14/2020 at 3:08 PM, McWolf said:

LondonBar_uu5ZE7B.png

I'm looking forward to all of these guys, it's going to be an exciting year jumping to the big leagues.

I was focused on the VHLM playoffs, and didn't look too carefully at draft predictions.

People seem excited about it, so let's go B+

Gotta take a big dump. No fun in dragging that extra weight around.

Water, one cup of yellow Gatorade, and a stretch

Hand speed and reactions.

@TTtheT @MattyIce @SirRupertBarnes @Boragina @Biggreen10 @der meister @Ninjaboi @SeamusSv @okochastar @Enorama @ZP16 @eaglesfan0366 @Nepto @Goliathus

On 9/14/2020 at 3:08 PM, McWolf said:

LondonBar_uu5ZE7B.png

1. Loving all the new acquisitions equally!

2. Maybe Plate or Reno.

3. A of course.

4. Just preparing for the game mentally.

5. Yell things at the other bench.

6. Scoring and skating. 

On 9/14/2020 at 4:08 PM, McWolf said:

1. I thought every pick was great but getting schwarz at 10 I thought was a bit of a steal. Figured he would’ve been higher than that.

2. Plate, Emi, and Doug Dimmadome but we couldn’t really have taken them so it’s okay.

3. We filled some holes in the roster and got good value. A- I’d say.

4. I miss the poutine back in Ottawa so I’ll have to find something else as a pre-game meal. Still working on it

5. Stay loose, clear my head, watch footage to see what I can do better.

6. Skating and defense. I need to work on my physical aspect a bit more too.

LondonBar_uu5ZE7B.png

Press Conference for the week ending on Sunday September 27th.

1. We have won 2 of our first 12 games. Did you expect us to do better so far?

2. Chicago is the easily the best expansion team at this point. What's their secret?

3. Which player on the team has surprised you so far?

4. Are you satisfied with your own performance?

5. Who are your early favourites to win the Continental Cup?

6. What's the best kind of tea?

1. We have won 2 of our first 12 games. Did you expect us to do better so far?

Yes I did.  We have a good group here.  It's kind of a let down, but it's a long season, we'll improve our play

2. Chicago is the easily the best expansion team at this point. What's their secret?

I have no idea.  They've had success doing things their way, our success is just taking a bit longer that's all.

3. Which player on the team has surprised you so far?

Active, Krestanovich.  Kresty is getting involved and I like it.

Inactive, Slavik.  I hate getting outscored by an inactive!

4. Are you satisfied with your own performance?

Somewhat, yes.  I know I can play much better though.  I'll get to where i want to be

5. Who are your early favourites to win the Continental Cup?

We do.  If not, probably Riga or Calgary

6. What's the best kind of tea?

Lemon tea.  I don't know why it just tastes good

52 minutes ago, McWolf said:

2. Chicago is the easily the best expansion team at this point. What's their secret?

1. Not at all. We’re a rebuilding team and it’s gonna take time. Give it another season or two and we’ll be hopeful to make the playoffs. For now we just have to keep growing.

2. Drafting well is easily the most important aspect. They’ve done a good job with asset management and have made some smart moves. They’re just ahead on the timetable but give it time for our prospects to grow more and we’ll be better than them.

3. All of our players are doing quite well individually. We’re growing as a team and getting chemistry built. I’m surprised we’re scoring as much as we are honestly. I would’ve thought we’d get shut down a little more but our weakest point right now isn’t our offence.

4. I feel I’m living up to the expectations I had for myself so far along with the expectations fans and management had for me as well. It’s been a good start to my rookie year and I look forward to growing and just getting better from here.

5. Vancouver and Riga are tearing it up right now but Seattle has a good roster and I feel they have a good chance at winning back-to-back cups.

6. I don’t drink tea too often but when I do it’s either mint green tea or honey lemon. I do like blueberry as well which is good for breakfasts I find

Better, yes, but not much. I'd have liked to be a 500 team at this point, but we have faced some stiff competition.

They'll flame out by the time we hit our stride. They do them, we do us.

Krestanovich has put up great numbers. Hard to argue with the success he's having.

Personally my point total is fine. Not having great puck luck finding the back of the net, but at least I'm getting some helpers.

Probably Riga.

Earl Grey is my go to, but I enjoy English Breakfast, Irish Breakfast, and the like. We're a big tea drinking household.

10 hours ago, McWolf said:

LondonBar_uu5ZE7B.png

1. Of course I did. This is a pretty bad start.

2. Maybe the mafia.

3. Krestonavich has been good.

4. Besides the +/- I've been alright, I guess.

5. Riga has been great so far.

6. Green tea is pretty good.

On 9/22/2020 at 11:15 PM, McWolf said:

LondonBar_uu5ZE7B.png

Tbh no. I knew coming in that it was gonna be rough. Gotta get through the rough times to see the good ones.

don't watch other teams. only concerned with how we do

Not really surprised, but James Rose has been amazing for us so far. 

definitely. If you would have told me I would be leading the team in goalscoring at this point, I wouldn't believe you.

I haven't looked at the standings once. RIG v CGY?

Honey lemon from Tim's.

Edited by Boragina

Press Conference for the week ending on Sunday October 4th.

1. We have a 6-3-1 record in our last 10 games. What are some things we’ve done to get this recent success?

2. With our recent success we’ve been able to pull ahead of both Warsaw and LA in the standings. Do you think we can keep climbing the ranks a bit or fall down to last again?

3. After a somewhat shaky start Seattle has bounced back up the standings. What do you think the chances are they win back-to-back cups?

4. With the news our AGM Sonnet is stepping away from the league, what kind of effect does that have on you?

5. Do you use a certain jersey number and why?

6. What’s your favourite thing about London?

1) developing chemistry is big. Personally I've been shooting a lot more, and while the percentage isn't as high as I'd like, it feels good to contribute 

2) I think we're still a bottom 6 team league wide. There will be fluctuations, but let's let it roll as long as we can.

3) seattle is always a threat. They've got a great group and I wouldn't be surprised to see them win the league.

4) personally not much, but sonnet has a good reputation around here and it's always tough to lose someone people like.

5) 77, because they look like T's and my name is The Terrible Trivium.

6) Yo. Legit impossible to answer. I had a blast when I was in London a few years ago. Walking everywhere, free museums, great meals (vegan fish and chips at the pub!). So much fun and a super clean city as well.

On 9/30/2020 at 9:32 AM, SirRupertBarnes said:

Press Conference for the week ending on Sunday October 4th.

1. We have a 6-3-1 record in our last 10 games. What are some things we’ve done to get this recent success?

2. With our recent success we’ve been able to pull ahead of both Warsaw and LA in the standings. Do you think we can keep climbing the ranks a bit or fall down to last again?

3. After a somewhat shaky start Seattle has bounced back up the standings. What do you think the chances are they win back-to-back cups?

4. With the news our AGM Sonnet is stepping away from the league, what kind of effect does that have on you?

5. Do you use a certain jersey number and why?

6. What’s your favourite thing about London?

1. Just tired of being bad, I guess.

2. We can keep moving up. I believe in us!

3. I think they have a solid chance, but anything could happen.

4. It's sad to see a friendly face go.

5. (I don't remember my jersey number) Let's say that it's my birthday.

6. My teammates make the team a great place to play.