People who have caught my attention: July 2020 Edition

Laine

I remember doing one of these a month ago, and it did pretty well. I've met with new members in the community who I have never talked to before and I've had a lot of fun. So, who has caught my eye this month?

A Trio of Bulls

I thought I would put these 3 together because they all happen to play for my former team. The first member is one I have been talking with a lot and he happens to be an excellent writer, just like me. Of course, I am talking about the one and only @Plate! The final two, I don't talk to as much, but we still chat and they seem like pretty cool people to talk with. I am talking about the duo of @Renomitsu and @BladeMaiden!

The second coming of Hasek

I was introduced to this gem of a person when I was playing for Houston last season. We signed him off of waivers and he helped us win 6 games that year in the last half of the season. He also happens to be playing with another great friend of mine on an expansion team. I am talking about the second coming of Dominik Hasek himself, @DreMin15!

An assortment of GMs

I came in contact with 2 of these GMs through the VHL Draft and the other 2 through where my VHL journey takes me. One happens to be leading an expansion team into it's first season of existence and the other one is one I'll be playing with in about 8 weeks. Of course, I am talking about @McWolf and @Jubo07! That leaves us with 2 more general managers on the board. One is the GM of my current VHLM team, and the other one is someone I am working with. You expected both of these names and they are @Motzaburger and @Ricer13!

New teammates

I was of course nervous joining my new teammates over in Miami, but a few of them stood out to me immediately. All very kinds to me the moment I stepped into that locker room and great on the ice as well. I'm talking about these wonderful people: @Andre LeBastard @dlamb @Bacon @KaleebtheMighty @LatinViking @IamMOOSE @bigAL @ahockeyguy!

Writing partner

Last, but certainly not least is a person who I am fortunate enough to work on a VHL series with in the near future. They were extremely fun to talk to before I got to work with them and now we get to do a series together which is amazing. I am talking about the man, the myth, the legend, the one and only @Hylands

I'll do another one of these if you guys want near the end of August. If you have any suggestions or ideas you would want to see me write, feel free to message me on the VHL site or via reply on this post!

Cheers!

- Patrik Laine

Edited by PatrikLaine

It's good to know we're all meeting new people and building new rapports! I'm interesting in meeting this new Dominator myself #BestGoalieAllTime

I like how you're putting your feelings into writing about your meetings with your new personnel. Keep up the good work and it was nice meeting you in our VHFL group! 9/10