TOR/LDN; S74 off-season

VHL Bot

Been a long few days of negotiations, but it's been a stress-free environment @McWolf (it won't let me tag you.) and I appreciate the continued talks while we worked out a deal that benefitted both teams. 

@Corco (also won't let me tag you): It was an honor being your GM, I have the utmost respect for you and your willingness to lead a rebuilding team to two playoff appearances as a user. You sat through some tough seasons and gave me a window to work with, and you were a gentlemen throughout it all. Quiet, but lead by example, something our young guys hopefully learned from. Your understanding in this process was a god-send, even though I feel like a terrible GM I couldn't find you success in Toronto. 

I send you to London with Killinger because I believe they have an opportunity to contend... and certainly had a better opportunity than Toronto heading into season seventy five. 

It'll be tough without Magnum anchoring the top line, and I wish you everything including a cup ring. 

Trading FOR draft picks?

*scratches head*

For real though acquiring two firsts and for all we know trading up since who even knows where teams will be by S77 is crazy. 

Warsaw making the push though is great for the league. Shake it up!

2 minutes ago, Devise said:

Trading FOR draft picks?

*scratches head*

For real though acquiring two firsts and for all we know trading up since who even knows where teams will be by S77 is crazy. 

Warsaw making the push though is great for the league. Shake it up!

Toronto won't be in a competitive position by 77; I'm pretty sure DC and I will be kissing the bottom of the league for a few seasons while the rest climb above us while Toronto rebuilds from this and the following draft, so the TOR S77 first is likely going to be a lottery pick. 

Also... it's London, my friend. 

• Admin

I mean I dont think this version of Toronto had a ceiling higher than what they achieved in S74... but this coming season they still would have an easier fight to get into the playoffs than London will.

Just when @GustavMattiasthought the playoff race would get simpler too. :P

2 minutes ago, Victor said:

I mean I dont think this version of Toronto had a ceiling higher than what they achieved in S74... but this coming season they still would have an easier fight to get into the playoffs than London will.

Eh... no, I've done the TPA and TPE analysis with Toronto's youth and two defenders (Killinger and Anigbogu) and even LA's current roster was better than ours even though they had a TPE deficit. Given that LA is still developing with young players, and Toronto had an aging D core, I made the decision to put my S70(S71) core on the market. The Legion only had three defenders; Killinger, 1005 TPA; Anigbogu, 400 TPA; and G. Gutzilwer, 386 TPA. 

I was still on the fence about signing Elmebeck, and L. Gutzwiler regresses so much that he's a minor player at this point. 

I was hoping to target some of the pending free agents... that didn't work. 

I pondered about trading for some defenders, that didn't quite work. 

So the option to just reset on S73/74/75 prospects was the best choice for a team who's window had closed... by an expansion team, none the less! 

Don't look now, Victor... but London has arguably the third best EU roster after Eagles claims his backlog of updates.