VHLM All-star teams-as of right now

fyrefly

So I need to do another media spot, and I got the brilliant idea of doing two all-star teams. This is mostly based on stats, and if you're not included, no hard feelings.

There will be five forwards, two defencemen, and one goalie per team. I made two teams because I think there isn't enough spots for all the exceptional players on only one team. Another big reason for it is that I can't recognize only one goalie. Both Carson and Emerson were deserving, and Sovick was probably deserving, too. I also thought more than two defencemen deserved to be recognized, as lots of them play different styles. And lastly, I figured there are so many forwards capable of being on these teams, I should include as many as possible. 

Team 1

Forwards: 

Cabe McJake, Miami Marauders

Addison McLaren, Philadelphia Reapers

Dolant Fertitta, Halifax 21st

Defencemen: 

Cowboy Prout, San Diego Marlins

Ron World Peace lll, Minnesota Storm

Goalie: 

Jacob Carson, Philadelphia Reapers

This one was almost entirely based on stats, although I didn't just pick the top couple guys from the stats leaderboard.

I'll start with McJake. I was teammates with this guy last season, and the dude is a monster. To start this season, he had 9 goals in 3 games. Now, he has 15 goals in 16 games, which puts him in second in the league for that.

He is at 290 TPE now, with 40 banked because of the VHLM max. What we do know is that next season, he'll be ready to step in as an impact player for Riga. 

My mind was blown when Addison McLaren fell to 7th overall in the draft. Sure, GMs might have been worried that he'd go up to the VHL, but when everyone realized he wasn't, it became clear what a steal this was. I would describe McLaren as a wrecking ball. he can score, he can hit, he can do it all. Beast.

Dolant Fertitta is the third member of the Riga Reign I'm mentioning here. And while Fertitta isn't at the top of any point standings, his reliable two way game has had the 21st leaning on him for success, and he has delivered. He is also maxed out for the VHLM. 

Cowboy Prout was the first overall pick in the dispersal draft, and it has more than paid off. San Diego took a bit of a risk choosing two defencemen with the first two picks, but both him and that other guy have done just fine. Prout is four points above point per game, and he is on the leaderboard for both hits and penalty minutes.

When I was looking at defencemen for this team, the stats screamed at me, 'choose Ron World Peace lll, he is DOMINATING' but I hesitated, because he is only 70 TPE and hasn't earned more than 6 TPE per week. But he has a perfect build, so I put him on the team. He is leading defencemen in points and is on the leaderboard for shots blocked.

For goalies, I don't know anything about their build, so I just look for who's most consistent in showing up on the leaderboard. That guy was Jacob Carson, who is backing the Philadelphia Reapers to the top of the standings. He has 11 wins and only 3 losses, which is pretty damn good.

Team 2

Forwards:

Robert Bouchard, Philadelphia Reapers

Steve Eso, Saskatoon Wild

RJ Thatcher, Mexico City Kings

Defencemen:

Scotty Kaberle, San Diego Marlins

Jolly Greene Giant, Philadelphia Reapers

Goalie:

Markus Emerson Jr.,  Mexico City Kings

Robert Bouchard is currently leading the league in points with 34 points in 16 games. He has five more points than the second place guy. He has more than an assist per game, and is in the top ten in goals, too. Overall, a dominant season, and he might get a championship with the Reapers

Steve Eso is 2nd in points, behind only Bouchard. Eso is another one of those players who doesn't have a ton of TPE(214), but has a great build, so he scores a lot of points and is a force on the ice. He doesn't get a lot of TPE, but that perfect build thing comes in again. He also generates a heck ton of shots.

RJ Thatcher has had much more pressure than some of the other guys here, because he was drafted 5th overall by the New York Americans, so he's a top prospect. He's maxed in the VHLM, and usually earns a lot of TPE. He gets even more shots than Eso, and he's a key player on the dominant Kings.

Scotty Kaberle was drafted by the Marlins 2nd overall in the dispersal draft, and he's that other guy I was talking about with Prout. Kaberle is also near the top of defencemen scoring leaderboards, and is a great earner who will be maxed very soon. He also has a very good build.

Jolly Greene Giant was my final defenceman pick. He was picked 2nd overall in the VHL draft, to the Toronto Legion, the same team as Kaberle. He is well over the VHLM max, and he will step into the Legion lineup next season. But for now, he dominates the VHLM with the Reapers. He is on the leaderboard for defencemen points, plus/minus, hits, and power-play goals, which is hard to do.

Markus Emerson Jr. is the second goalie I picked, and it was close between him and Matthew A Sovick Jr. from the Aces. Emerson is the goalie for the stacked Mexico team, and he is on the goalie leaderboards for save percentage and goals against average. He is over the VHLM max, and will join the Vancouver Wolves next season.

I don't want to see any of that .FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY crap. I don't exactly have a reliable opinion, so if you feel FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY, don't. 

Players mentioned: @Gaikoku-hito, @tcookie25, @Dolant, @jhatty8, @Eso, @RedSus, @stevo, @DoktorFunk, @fromtheinside, @Prout, @Xflexz, @jacobcarson877

1,003 words

Edited by fyrefly

3 hours ago, fyrefly said:

I don't want to see any of that .FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY crap. I don't exactly have a reliable opinion, so if you feel FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY, don't. 

Finally, a man of class around here!!! hahaha

Also FUCK YEAH splitting me up and putting me against my current D partner.... not only that but also PAIRING ME with my FUTURE D PARTNER in the pros (me and Jolly Greene Giant both on Toronto) I love it

Edited by fromtheinside

Review: I love the idea, all-star teams don't come out very often. I like the bold and the spacing, but maybe throw some bold in for the player names when you're writing about them individually. Other than that, great job, and I like your choices

9/10

Definitely a great article, the players you mentioned are all stellar and definitely deserve to be on this roster! We could do a little less Miami though 😝, can’t hate on McJake cause he is a fellow Riga man like myself. However I noticed I am missing on this list so I’m going to have to give you a 9/10 due to the lack of me being there. Great article still. Have a good one

On 11/26/2020 at 10:55 AM, hedgehog337 said:

You know that Riga had a slam dunk draft when our three draftees went to the first team. hhh-237x277.png

tbf Riga has about half the picks that were made in the first round, but yeah there are definitely some good ones in there for sure lol