S75 Chess Tournament Sign-Up Thread

bigAL

It’s been a while, so let’s do it again! Inspired by an intense series between @Zetterbergand I in the Miami LR, I’m going to revive the VHL Chess Tournament.

If you’re interested in being a big brain, 2D chess competitor, sign up in here.

Please also share (and be honest) about your skill level. If possible, I’d like a rec and a comp division (+/- 1000 ELO) I know I got curbstomped last time by some legitimate professionals, and no one really has fun in ruthless blowouts. 

So me and my 800-900 ELO will start this thing off!

Play will start kinda whenever we get enough people. If I had the power, I’d like to make a CHESS tag in the discord so we can play and practice a bit more. The one-off games are so intense and disappointing if you lost and can’t try again. A chess club would be dope.

Who's in?

- Ledge n Dairy

- Riceroni

- Thad

- GrittyIsKing

- Dil

- Rory

- Lilpfighter

- Cwalker

- dlamb

- ZP16 (?)

- hedgehog

- fromtheinside

- eagles/chatfan

Wow that's a good crowd after only a few hours. Let's gooooooo

Edited by bigAL

I'll join

I'd say I'm a decent player. Not a guy who would beat anyone actually good, but a guy who would wipe the floor with a beginner

56 minutes ago, bigAL said:

It’s been a while, so let’s do it again! Inspired by an intense series between @Zetterbergand I in the Miami LR, I’m going to revive the VHL Chess Tournament.

If you’re interested in being a big brain, 2D chess competitor, sign up in here.

Please also share (and be honest) about your skill level. If possible, I’d like a rec and a comp division (+/- 1000 ELO) I know I got curbstomped last time by some legitimate professionals, and no one really has fun in ruthless blowouts. 

So me and my 800-900 ELO will start this thing off!

Play will start kinda whenever we get enough people. If I had the power, I’d like to make a CHESS tag in the discord so we can play and practice a bit more. The one-off games are so intense and disappointing if you lost and can’t try again. A chess club would be dope.

Il Join

My Skill Level is a Casuel Tryhard

I will play I have no idea what my skill level is

I can beat any of my friends or family pretty easily, but then I thought I was hot shit and tried playing chess on facebook and got crushed by a bunch of middle eastern guys