S75 Brett Slobodzian Trophy Voting

Victor

S75 Brett Slobodzian Trophy Voting   

166 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think was individually the most outstanding player in the VHL in S75?

• Stone Wolski (DCD) - 65GP, 36-21-7, 0.930SV%, 2.45GAA, 5SO, 2273SA
    • John Merrick (TOR) - 45G, 62A, 107P, 10, 41PIM, 109HIT, 42SB
    • Guy Lesieur (DCD) - 47G, 43A, 90P, 28, 10PIM, 23HIT, 54SB
    • Mikko Lahtinen (MOS) - 36G, 63A, 99P, 13, 165PIM, 374HIT, 31SB
    • Andrew Su (VAN) - 43G, 63A, 106P, 27, 58PIM, 79HIT, 25SB
    • Condor Adrienne (MAL) - 20G, 70A, 90P, 29, 192PIM, 291HIT, 142SB

This poll is closed to new votes

• Victor featured this topic
17 minutes ago, Victor said:

I think I actually always did but forgot. But everyone but Adrienne and Wolski is a forward.

Yeah, and it definitely isn't too hard to look up but its a nice value add

Tough vote, nobody really stands out far and wide ahead of the others. Lahts has the hits and his points aren't bad but 36 goals isn't nearly as impressive as it could be. I'd consider the hit advantage more if he was at the 40+ tier there. I went with Su but I was pretty conflicted between Su, Condor, Guy, Lahts and Merrick. I'd love to give it to the goalie here especially with a .930 save percentage but the goals against is hard to call "outstanding" even in the context of the era. 

34 minutes ago, Devise said:

Tough vote, nobody really stands out far and wide ahead of the others. Lahts has the hits and his points aren't bad but 36 goals isn't nearly as impressive as it could be. I'd consider the hit advantage more if he was at the 40+ tier there. I went with Su but I was pretty conflicted between Su, Condor, Guy, Lahts and Merrick. I'd love to give it to the goalie here especially with a .930 save percentage but the goals against is hard to call "outstanding" even in the context of the era. 

My argument against Su is that it is basically the worse version of Merrick. His only positive stat is that he had a higher +/-, but he should given that he was on Vancouver (though that could be a knock against Merrick's SB, considering he was on Toronto). They are really close for me tbf, but I think Merrick is just mathematically a bit better. 

• Victor unfeatured this topic