S76 Brett Slobodzian Trophy Voting

Victor

S76 Brett Slobodzian Trophy Voting   

171 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think was individually the most outstanding player in the VHL in S75?

• Mikko Lahtinen (MOS) - 61G, 60A, 121P, 45, 160PIM, 329HIT, 27SB
    • Roque Davis (MOS) - 17G, 86A, 103P, 43, 138PIM, 206HIT, 161SB
    • Andrew Su (VAN) - 47G, 74A, 121P, 20, 43PIM, 84HIT, 37SB
    • Jacob Tonn (MOS) - 64GP, 46-12-6, 0.927SV%, 2.46GAA, 4SO, 2189SA

This poll is closed to new votes

Hahaha not surprised by this bullshit league. Same shit, different season? But of course!!

I feel like a broken record saying the same thing again and again after every season, so I’m done. The bias in this community will never end but honestly I couldn’t care less about the VHL anymore. The joy in this league was torn away many seasons ago when I realized how this community works and that there was little place for me in it. I’m sick of this and oh yeah fuuuuuuuck Moscow. :)

4 hours ago, DarkSpyro said:

Hahaha not surprised by this bullshit league. Same shit, different season? But of course!!

I feel like a broken record saying the same thing again and again after every season, so I’m done. The bias in this community will never end but honestly I couldn’t care less about the VHL anymore. The joy in this league was torn away many seasons ago when I realized how this community works and that there was little place for me in it. I’m sick of this and oh yeah fuuuuuuuck Moscow. :)

it's okay spyro, there's like 3 goalie-specific awards you can win.

• Admin
4 hours ago, DarkSpyro said:

Realistic Slobo winners:

Top scorer

Top goalscorer

Top defenceman

Top goalie

Boulet favourite

And they're all on the ballot. Don't let the door hit you on the way out though.

4 minutes ago, Quik said:

I could cast some doubt on that :kekw:

I thought to edit in a disclaimer to disregard the statement in reference to his GM tenure as well but misplayed it all together. 

:dead: 

• Admin
14 hours ago, gorlab said:

I don't think anyone will say this to Victor because he has shown through his time on the VHL to not be completely self-absorbed and obsessed with his own player

Correct- why be obsessed with my players who come and go when I can be obsessed with a higher being - myself.

• Commissioner

Can I just say that it’s crazy to me how many votes we’re getting in these now? 169 votes in this and it was only open like 2 days. Go back just 10 seasons and the Slobo only had 105 (in a longer but uncertain amount of time). Go back 18 seasons (can’t actually find 20 seasons) and there was only 14 votes. Really shows how active the league is and I love it.

• Commissioner
16 minutes ago, Tate said:

Bek is an expert at this game, look at how he builds his players. It’s of little surprise to see him constantly at the to of the league.

Only when I make power forwards tbh. This “mastery” of the game is a reputation I would rather didn’t persist or you will all be sorely disappointed. Just most members around now only know me for Thompson and Lahtinen, not the 9 other players I have, most of whom are average at best.

17 minutes ago, Tate said:

I won a bunch of awards with my player AFTER I caused a big stir against the commissioner. If anything I should have had a bias against me, but that wasn’t the case. 

Who says it wasn’t :P

On 3/9/2021 at 8:50 AM, DarkSpyro said:

Actually explain your belief in bias and why the league is not for you.

I'd just like to know how you would change the group that's here or you would vote for.  Cause really you aren't saying anything.

• Commissioner
10 minutes ago, Advantage said:

And also yeah @Beketov has actually had a pretty awful group of players prior to Thompson at least compared to his activity and role.

I mean awful is a bit harsh, I’m not @Devise. I would say Average.

Beketov was pretty solid and Holik was amazing by modern standards (outside of the playoffs anyway) but not above any other of the amazing goalies of the era. Everyone else was kinda middle of the pack.

• Commissioner

Also I only just read the actual poll question...

“1. Who do you think was individually the most outstanding player in the VHL in S75?”

So does this mean I get it for S75 as well?

On 3/9/2021 at 5:50 AM, DarkSpyro said:

mr rogers clown GIF

2 hours ago, Beketov said:

I mean awful is a bit harsh, I’m not @Devise. I would say Average.

Beketov was pretty solid and Holik was amazing by modern standards (outside of the playoffs anyway) but not above any other of the amazing goalies of the era. Everyone else was kinda middle of the pack.

That's not a very high bar 🤣

• Quik unfeatured this topic