Desk opinions from the masses

Beketov

• Commissioner

Legit question for the masses: should I swap out my computer desk for one we’re getting rid of at work? This is my is current setup:

B6523FE0-D8C9-4032-B873-1E4F1DA4FE97.jpeg

This is the one from work (plus a set of alex drawers for the other side):

9DB017B1-F9ED-425E-A4DE-75431B231A97.jpeg

It’s about the same width (1” less) but 6” deeper; I’d be able to fenagle it into the same space. Would lose the extra L piece but that kinda makes the space feel claustrophobic as is. Just trying to decide if I’d realistically have enough space. Opinions?

• Commissioner
Just now, BOOM said:

Where are you going to put the lamp and other stuff if losing the L piece? 

Everything in that corner section wouldn’t be an issue, that’s counted in my “same width” part and I have 6 extra inches of depth. So that’s the lamp, 2 external hard drives, an Ethernet switch, and my Astro mixamp.

The actual stuff on the L part is my concern. That’s mainly the PS4, controllers, and some general decoration. I do have a small glass shelf on there ya the PS4 fits under so my hunch says I could put the stuff from the corner on top of the shelf, the PS4 underneath it, and the controllers in a drawer (which I would have but don’t currently) and then decorations could go on a shelf.

• Commissioner
7 hours ago, Eynhallow said:

If the corner of the new desk protrudes beyond the edge of the doorway, you will be gouging yourself on a regular basis.

That’s just a closet full a board games, we almost never go in there.

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, GrittyIsKing09 said:

i'm just staring at all of the signed pucks

Yeah I’ve got a couple, the photo actually only shows a small portion. I have one for each of the episodes of Trajectoires I edited so:

Eric Daze, Matthew Barnaby, Sergio Momesso, Stephane Lebeau, Pierre Turgeon, Martin Gelinas, Stephane Fiset, Martin Biron, Simon Gagné, Stephane Quintal, Alex Tanguay, Marc-Andre Bergeron, Eric Belanger, and Sylvain Turgeon.

Most of them aren’t really big name guys but I’m fond of them.

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, bigAL said:

Does the work desk, uhhh, work? It looks like it’s a few legs short of a relay race. 

512BCA49-402D-42A7-942C-06029D875BD8.jpeg

This goes under the other side, we just propped it on the couch for now haha

4 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Yeah I’ve got a couple, the photo actually only shows a small portion. I have one for each of the episodes of Trajectoires I edited so:

Eric Daze, Matthew Barnaby, Sergio Momesso, Stephane Lebeau, Pierre Turgeon, Martin Gelinas, Stephane Fiset, Martin Biron, Simon Gagné, Stephane Quintal, Alex Tanguay, Marc-Andre Bergeron, Eric Belanger, and Sylvain Turgeon.

Most of them aren’t really big name guys but I’m fond of them.

i've got fucking ville leino and matt moulson and you got pierre turgeon and marty biron lmao

• Commissioner
29 minutes ago, GrittyIsKing09 said:

i've got fucking ville leino and matt moulson and you got pierre turgeon and marty biron lmao

Biron’s episode was at least good. The puck is the best thing to come out of Turgeon’s episode. Great career, boring story.

But yes, working in an NHL based doc does have its perks. Sadly I haven’t gotten to cut any episodes the last couple of seasons or I’d potentially have the likes of Alex Burrows in there. There are some other big name guys (Dan Boyle for example) that we did but I didn’t cut so I don’t have a puck for him.

Personally I'd keep what you've got, but if you're looking for more space and the work desk accomplishes that, I'd suggest floating shelves for the stuff that you need to migrate, if you can (I'm big on using walls to free up floor space lol)

3 hours ago, GrittyIsKing09 said:

At this point the next logical step is to get yourself a Skinner.

• Commissioner

@GrittyIsKing09 since you mentioned the pucks, here’s all of them:

7004A984-88F0-47E2-ACE1-2AEC00E7F08B.jpeg

I do have an extra case for the three on top now, I just need to actually get them into it. Turgeon is two to the right of the big case, Biron is one to the left. The three in the big case probably aren’t the most valuable by far (Barnaby on the left, Daze in the middle, Momesso on the right) but they are from the first three episodes I ever cut so they get preferential treatment.