Answer 3, Ask 3

McWolf

55 minutes ago, Smarch said:

1. I don’t remember the other times I was in the league for the Christmas content, so I enjoyed it. I do remember the VHL Christmas scavenger hunt hunt which I hated so this was much better.

2. Everyone that helps the league tick, from commissioners to GMs to updaters, etc.

3. Trying to make enough money to pay for all the formula the next 4-5 months.

Questions:

1. Does Cologne pull off the four peat this year in the VHLM?

2. How many players will break the 100 point threshold in the VHL this season?

3. Will the league see its first 60 goal scorer since  Season Eighty-three this year? If so who? 

1. I believe they can! They have that winning pedigree so I believe they can do it in the VHLE. Let's see it happen!

2. If I had make a guess, I think it'd actually be more than this season. This season I'm pretty sure it was 10. My guess for this upcoming season is 14.

3. Going with Molly the Cat on this one. I absolutely think that it can happen with Molly.

1. IF you had to make up a new advanced stat for hockey, what can it be? Serious and joke answers are both appreciated.

2. Out of all the teams in the VHL, VHLM, VHLE, which do you think would be the most likely to do a jersey where the city name or team name is spelt out on their jersey diagonally?

3. What is your player's personal goal song?

1. IF you had to make up a new advanced stat for hockey, what can it be? Serious and joke answers are both appreciated.
Hydration / 60. Got to see who is drinking the right amount of water for the game

2. Out of all the teams in the VHL, VHLM, VHLE, which do you think would be the most likely to do a jersey where the city name or team name is spelt out on their jersey diagonally?
Hmm not sure, maybe  Davos?

3. What is your player's personal goal song?
The Whereabouts of Light

----

1. Does your player have a New Years Resolution?

2. Early favourite to win the championship in S92? Whatever league you follow

3. Any offseason moves that have surprised you so far?

1. Finish their Career with a Continental Cup

2. I’m biased but the LA Stars forsure !

3. Skor McFluery going to Calgary early in the off season 

….

1. Who do you think is poised to breakout this Season in the VHL ?

2. Who do you got winning the Stanley Cup this year ?

3. Who’s got the best Logo in the VHL and why ?

1 hour ago, KRZY said:

Who do you think is poised to breakout this Season in the VHL ?

2. Who do you got winning the Stanley Cup this year ?

3. Who’s got the best Logo in the VHL and why ?

1. I don’t know many players tbh..

2. Vancouver 

3. Helsinki cause it looks cool

questions

1. Where do you want to visit the most?

2. Who do you think is winning continental cup?

3. How much money should a 1k tpe player make?

On 1/1/2024 at 3:15 PM, jake said:

questions

1. Where do you want to visit the most?

2. Who do you think is winning continental cup?

3. How much money should a 1k tpe player make?

1. I've always wanted to do a Mediterranean trip, see Italy, Greece or even over to Morocco. I'll get there one day.

2. I've got my eye on LA. They've got the talent to do it for sure, and they've got the impetus to do it quickly. Plus it doesn't hurt that North America has more rebuilding teams.

3. I think the salary scale is pretty finely tuned as is. I do like the SBA's idea of a bonus pool based on previous season's finish though, give a bit of a boost for players to chase that out.

Questions:

1. Are you excited for the drafts this week? Why or why not?

2. Who's a player or team that you think everyone is sleeping on this offseason?

3. What are you looking forward to most in 2024?

4 hours ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

Questions:

1. Are you excited for the drafts this week? Why or why not?

2. Who's a player or team that you think everyone is sleeping on this offseason?

3. What are you looking forward to most in 2024?

1 - Yeah of course.  It's always interesting to see which interview paid off and who takes the gamble on your services.

2 - Everyone is sleeping on Kimi, he's scary quick...

3 - Making more money, F1 and WEC season, watching the kids grow up into adults even more.

QUESTIONS:

1 - What adjustments in your player do you have to make to get your player to improve?

2 - What music are you listening to to get pumped up before gametime?

3 - What new skill do you want to acquire in this new year?

On 1/2/2024 at 10:20 PM, mattyIceman said:

1 - What adjustments in your player do you have to make to get your player to improve?

2 - What music are you listening to to get pumped up before gametime?

3 - What new skill do you want to acquire in this new year?

1. I need to get on a team so someone can tell me what to upgrade

2. All the new Carti drops

3. The skill of stopping the ice guys from getting near the goal

Ask

1. Which VHL user has the best forum profile picture?

2. If your player was in a relationship with another VHL player, who would it be?

3. Do you watch the draft shows on Twitch or just catch up on what happened afterwards?

On 1/4/2024 at 2:42 PM, jhatty8 said:

1. Which VHL user has the best forum profile picture?

2. If your player was in a relationship with another VHL player, who would it be?

3. Do you watch the draft shows on Twitch or just catch up on what happened afterwards?

1. You, I love you and your PFP. its so beautiful

2. I would be in a relationship with you, no weird stuff but I think it'd be cool yk. 

3. Afterwards. Lemorse Dm'd me and said he got me and all the Jinn's so I'm happy. 

Ask

1. What do you like more about the VHL, the games or the community?

2. What is one thing that you wish you can change in the VHL

3. What is one cool and interesting fact about your player?

2 hours ago, Adrest245 said:

Ask

1. What do you like more about the VHL, the games or the community?

2. What is one thing that you wish you can change in the VHL

3. What is one cool and interesting fact about your player?

1. For me I like the games because I'm not overly active in the community, but lot of cool people here for sure. 

2. I'd like for all teams to have discussion threads on forum 

3. Might be cool that I am the highest drafted Latvian player in the both the recent drafts. 

Questions:

1. What do you expect from your player this season?

2. What do you expect from your team this season? 

3. What do you think is heaver a pound of feathers or a pound of lead? 

17 hours ago, Girts said:

1. For me I like the games because I'm not overly active in the community, but lot of cool people here for sure. 

2. I'd like for all teams to have discussion threads on forum 

3. Might be cool that I am the highest drafted Latvian player in the both the recent drafts. 

Questions:

1. What do you expect from your player this season?

2. What do you expect from your team this season? 

3. What do you think is heaver a pound of feathers or a pound of lead? 

1. I expect a better season from Raimo in terms of offensive production. I'm aiming for 50-60 points with 20+ goals next season so Raimo can be an offensive option.

2. I expect this team to rebound and start of running! That's Wrangler's hockey for you.

3. a pound of lead because lead is heavier than feathers. "they're both a pound"? yeah right.

1. What has been the biggest positive for your player from last season?

2. Does your player tape their blade from toe to heel or do it the wrong way?

3. What is your player's favourite locker room prank?

1 hour ago, SlapshotWrangler said:

1. What has been the biggest positive for your player from last season?

2. Does your player tape their blade from toe to heel or do it the wrong way?

3. What is your player's favourite locker room prank?

1. Continued defensive growth is what I'm happiest with, I'd like to continue on that front.

2. Toe to heel like any sane person would. Have fun with it though, there are a bunch of tape options.

3. I've never been much of a prank guy, but I've always been a fan of hiding stuff on people. Sticks on top of walls, water bottles underneath the bench, that kind of thing. Ultimately harmless, but it always gets people for a second.

---------------------------------------------------------

1. Since I saw debate on this the other day, what is the best tv sitcom couple?

2. With the season about to start, we've all got roughly 7 weeks worth of TPE to earn here before the playoffs start. With roughly 84 Capped TPE to earn over those 7 weeks, which attribute would you dump all of that TPE into if you had to choose one?

3. Your teammate gets hit from behind and is hurt while you're on the ice, and you're the closest teammate. What is your reaction?

1. Since I saw debate on this the other day, what is the best tv sitcom couple?

Hmm, So many to choose from. But Chandler and Monika is a good one. Cam and  Mitchell from Modern family too. 

2. With the season about to start, we've all got roughly 7 weeks worth of TPE to earn here before the playoffs start. With roughly 84 Capped TPE to earn over those 7 weeks, which attribute would you dump all of that TPE into if you had to choose one?

Hmm, Though one. I'd probably go with Deking. I want to get my defence as high as possible without paying 8's. 

3. Your teammate gets hit from behind and is hurt while you're on the ice, and you're the closest teammate. What is your reaction?

I'm down on my kneed looking how he/she is. Waving at the doctor. Protecting the downed player from skates if need be. And on the next shift you better believe someone is going to pay for doin my mate dirty.

1. Using only stuff you have at home right now, How would the best sandwich you can make look like?

2. You can buy one family member one gift without worrying about the money. Who And what do you gift them?

3. If you can lead the VHL s92 in one stat, which would you choose?

1. Using only stuff you have at home right now, How would the best sandwich you can make look like?
I would probably be alright, have bread, mustard, lettuce, onions, and chicken.

2. You can buy one family member one gift without worrying about the money. Who And what do you gift them?
I would buy my brother a new hard drive.

Points seems like a solid option

---

1. Any early season surprises in the standings?

2. Are you happy with your player's individual performance thus far?

3. Who would be your first overall pick in a VHL Fantasy Hockey Draft?

On 1/15/2024 at 11:24 AM, Velevra said:

I would probably be alright, have bread, mustard, lettuce, onions, and chicken.

I would buy my brother a new hard drive.

Points seems like a solid option

---

1. Any early season surprises in the standings?

2. Are you happy with your player's individual performance thus far?

3. Who would be your first overall pick in a VHL Fantasy Hockey Draft?

1. I mean the drop off from the HC Davos Dynamo from leading the conference to literally being the last. I'm not sure if there was a hard rebuild or what is going on but I was pretty shocked. That GD is also pretty shocking.

2. I mean I'm happy with how it is going now but I won't be able to be comfortable with Raimo until I see that he can do it the WHOLE season.

3. Molly the Cat was my pick and I picked first overall in a VHL Fantasy Hockey Draft. Very good player and I personally thing Molly is a really solid pick.

-----

1. If the VHL teams had VHLE affiliates, which current VHL and VHLE team do you think would make the best pairing?

2. Which city do you think should host the VHL all star and why?

3. Which team's logo would look the best on a baseball cap.

On 1/16/2024 at 4:50 PM, SlapshotWrangler said:

1. If the VHL teams had VHLE affiliates, which current VHL and VHLE team do you think would make the best pairing?

2. Which city do you think should host the VHL all star and why?

3. Which team's logo would look the best on a baseball cap.

1. I personally would say Stockholm Vikings and the Helsinki Titans. Something about Scandinavian teams just goes together.

2. Gothenburg, Sweden. They're already in a buzz after the World Juniors, keep the consistency.

3. The Iron Eagles would look pretty dope, simple yet it works.

-----

1. Who do you think is the greatest of all time in hockey?

2. Are there any go to rituals you do before a game?

3. Outside of hockey, do you have any other sports you follow?

1. I hear that Wayne Gretzky guy was pretty good, but I don't follow hockey in real life very closely despite being part of the VHL for over a decade.

2. I feel like everyone has their rituals. I have a very specific meal that will remain unspecified in this thread I eat before every game, which is impressive because each sim day may include 2-3 games for a single team. There's a small collection of gameday underwear that I wear too; it's not a single set because that'd be... really unsanitary.

3. I follow the NFL and (peripherally) the NBA. I follow the MLB when the Orioles are close to or above .500, but when it's bad it's really bad.

------------------------------

1. Do you sing in the shower? And only partially related, do you live with other people (SOs, roommates, dogs/cats/birds, etc)?

2. How often do you tidy your living space? And separate, how often do you clean your living space?

3. Who's going to win the Continental Cup this season? Who's got the most promising future, e.g. 2-4 seasons from now?

23 hours ago, Renomitsu said:

1. I hear that Wayne Gretzky guy was pretty good, but I don't follow hockey in real life very closely despite being part of the VHL for over a decade.

2. I feel like everyone has their rituals. I have a very specific meal that will remain unspecified in this thread I eat before every game, which is impressive because each sim day may include 2-3 games for a single team. There's a small collection of gameday underwear that I wear too; it's not a single set because that'd be... really unsanitary.

3. I follow the NFL and (peripherally) the NBA. I follow the MLB when the Orioles are close to or above .500, but when it's bad it's really bad.

------------------------------

1. Do you sing in the shower? And only partially related, do you live with other people (SOs, roommates, dogs/cats/birds, etc)?

2. How often do you tidy your living space? And separate, how often do you clean your living space?

3. Who's going to win the Continental Cup this season? Who's got the most promising future, e.g. 2-4 seasons from now?

1. well no I don't really enjoy singing but since I'm young I still live with my parents a few cats and a dog
2. well I try to clean a bit every day since I don't really like to have a dirty or unclean space
3. honestly maybe because I'm mega biased Malmo has a lot of talent and could run for it this season and for the next others I can see it work

1. What would be your dream car if you could get it?
2. How is your team in real life doing? (NHL NBA NFL etc)
3. If you had the chance to make an expansion team in the VHL what city would the team be in?

On 1/22/2024 at 11:22 AM, comrade cat said:

1. What would be your dream car if you could get it?
2. How is your team in real life doing? (NHL NBA NFL etc)
3. If you had the chance to make an expansion team in the VHL what city would the team be in?

1. I want the Acura NSX

2. After years of mediocrity they're all doing amazing... Vancouver Canucks and Tottenham in the Premier League!!!

3. Give me an expansion team in Istanbul 🫣 or when the VHLE disappears then bring back Stockholm.

Questions

1. Do you believe we are alone in the universe? 🫣

2. What is the secret ingredient to a successful VHL Sim?

3. Who is your favourite VHL player other than your own?

On 1/23/2024 at 1:55 PM, RJMW said:

1. I want the Acura NSX

2. After years of mediocrity they're all doing amazing... Vancouver Canucks and Tottenham in the Premier League!!!

3. Give me an expansion team in Istanbul 🫣 or when the VHLE disappears then bring back Stockholm.

Questions

1. Do you believe we are alone in the universe? 🫣

2. What is the secret ingredient to a successful VHL Sim?

3. Who is your favourite VHL player other than your own?

1. It's not entirely impossible. With 100 billion or so galaxies in a universe and then eventually coming down to tiny little us, it is definitely possible that there are others out there. Maybe they are 100 billion galaxies away or maybe closer but I believe there's a chance we aren't.

2. The secret ingredient to a successful VHL sim is a cunning GM, well formed lines, a balanced team, and then throw those first things out of the window and replace it with having a good relationship with Simon T. (i.e., if two even-strength teams face off, it can be a matter of luck.)

3. Without a second thought it would be Randy Bobandy... but Toby Kadachi would be close second if he wasn't a BEAR. Randy is a top tier center. Love playing under him.

------

1. If you could create a new award for the Victory Hockey League, what would it be for and what would you call it?

2. Between which two leagues would you think a "relegation/promotion" system would be the most interesting? (VHL and VHLE, or VHLM and VHLE. Disregard the TPE limits for purposes of this hypothetical.)

3. Your player has their own personal goal song! If you are a goalie, your player has their own theme song! What is the song that your player is choosing?

1. If you could create a new award for the Victory Hockey League, what would it be for and what would you call it?

"TrailBlazer Of the Year" would only be awarded every 2 seasons and would be given to a member of the forum who has contributed ideas/time or anything else to make the community/game/League be better in any way, shape or form.

2. Between which two leagues would you think a "relegation/promotion" system would be the most interesting? (VHL and VHLE, or VHLM and VHLE. Disregard the TPE limits for purposes of this hypothetical.)

Hmm, i don't think that will work, the VHLM and VHLE are too volatile to make it work.  As for VHL the idea of maybe make the VHLE a lesser VHL would be fun, Remove the tpe cap and make it very expensive and maybe something else if they want to recruit the best of the best. 

3. Your player has their own personal goal song! If you are a goalie, your player has their own theme song! What is the song that your player is choosing?

"Lars Winnerbäck - Något som verkligen är bra" (Something that's really good) 
but i would change the lyrics to something like

"could be a breakfast by the ocean
could be a kiss on a train
could be a night on Debaser
that you barely remember
Could be a car to Halland
Like Yvel in New York.
Something that's really good."

1.If you have to recommend one spot on the planet to travel to, where and why?
2.Have you thought about getting an electric car? Why not or Which one and why that one?
3. What kind of car would you'r player drive? 

1. Ooh, unfortunately I'm horribly traveled. Oddly, I loved going to Chicago and just walking around to bakeries, touristy stuff like museums and parks, etc. The Bean is awesome. There are obviously some places that aren't great in Chicago but I personally loved the downtown area.

2. Nope, I don't have the money for one at the moment. Hopefully that'll change very significantly in the next 3-5 years, because I would love to help the environment out.

3. My player would probably drive a Prius but try their best not to be snooty about it.

---------

1. What's your favorite party game? It can be alcoholic, non-alcoholic, word-based, board game, anything!

2. As someone who's never followed a hockey team before (yes, seriously), which franchise would you recommend to me?

3. Who's your player's rival, if anyone? How did it get that way?

5 hours ago, Renomitsu said:

1. What's your favorite party game? It can be alcoholic, non-alcoholic, word-based, board game, anything!

2. As someone who's never followed a hockey team before (yes, seriously), which franchise would you recommend to me?

Answering 3 

1. Play 9, which is a card game - I play this mostly with my in laws but we always have great time. It is our go to game at every get together! It can take a long time but it is a lot of fun.

2. Oh man I feel like I'm steering you in the wrong direction here! I don't really have a team I follow. At one point I followed the Canucks because I grew up watching them (but never really paid attention) So I'm probably not the best person to recommend a franchise. The San Jose Sharks have some awesome graphics but I wouldn't suggest following a team for good graphics on socials lol. My partner would most likely recommend the Oilers.

3. Hmmm I'm not sure I feel like I have a full fledged VHL rival yet. I want to say Triller for the time being since he is my husband so there is some rivalry there!

----------

1. Do you already have your next player position and name picked out when your player eventually retires?

2. What book, tv show or movie would you recommend and why?

3. What keeps you coming back to the VHL? 

4 hours ago, Renomitsu said:

1 - Card games like cards vs humanity and stuff

2 - Probably nothing above the border unless you like drama and biased failure, so maybe Florida or Colorado.

3 - I don't have rivals they're not fast enough as Kimi.

QUESTIONS

1 - How's your player doing this season?  Playing more or less to your expectations?

2 - What new food have you tried and liked recently?

3 - What new music genres have you discovered lately?

31 minutes ago, mattyIceman said:

QUESTIONS

1 - How's your player doing this season?  Playing more or less to your expectations?

2 - What new food have you tried and liked recently?

3 - What new music genres have you discovered lately?

1. not very good but looking to stay positive, Wish he was doing a little bit better. so less than expectations

2. Hummus and different kinds of it, surprisingly good.

3. I don't listen to many different genres to be honest, for the most part it is hiphop but I have been enjoying hyperpop! 

QUESTIONS 

1. If you could relocate one team in any of the VHL leagues what team and why?

2 What has been keeping you busy during your free time? video games, school, sports etc.

3. What was your favorite subject in school and why?

16 hours ago, Kisslinger said:

QUESTIONS 

1. If you could relocate one team in any of the VHL leagues what team and why?

2 What has been keeping you busy during your free time? video games, school, sports etc.

3. What was your favorite subject in school and why?

1. Nothing against Mississauga, but I would relocate the Hounds to Quebec City.  It's odd to me that there isn't a Quebec team in any of the leagues.  Maybe they could be called the Voyageurs or something. I don't know, I probably need to brush up on my French Canadian history before I try my hand at naming a team from there.  But it seems kinda silly that there isn't one yet.  

2. I've been busy with school. I'm a college student so readings and papers have been occupying a lot of my time lately.  Studying English literature seemed like a good idea on paper, but in practice it can sometimes make a chore out of a passion.  

3. My favorite subject in school was always English/Language Arts.  I always loved creative writing, especially poetry, and I was lucky to have some great teachers growing up that really encouraged that passion.  I really just love being able to experiment and have fun with language, using word play, creating new worlds ands stories.  The possibilities are only ever limited by your own creativity and that part of it is really liberating for me. 

QUESTIONS:

1. Which VHL team has the best logo and why do you think it's the best? 

2. Besides playing sports, what is your favorite thing to do for fun or entertainment?

3. Your player is going out with someone for the first time, where are you going? And who is your ideal date?