Answer 3, Ask 3

McWolf

4 hours ago, Daniel Janser said:

1. How was your season going? Were you under/over-performing?

2. If your player was a drink, which one were they and why?

3. What is your role model player in the VHL and what makes them earn this title?

1. Had a great season in the E, top Dman in many categories, prob over performed. 

2. My player would be a monster energy drink because he is max height and weight

3. Brian Payne before he retired, dude was an absolute beast. 

3 Question:

1. Did you watch the outdoor games this weekend, what'd you think? 

2. Is your team in post season, how are they doing, if not how is your golf game? 

3. What is your players pre-game hype up song? 

35 minutes ago, Girts said:

3 Question:

1. Did you watch the outdoor games this weekend, what'd you think? 

2. Is your team in post season, how are they doing, if not how is your golf game? 

3. What is your players pre-game hype up song?

1. I caught the only one I cared to, which was the Flyers game. Given their track record outdoors, I got exactly what I expected. 

2. The Titans are looking to return to the Finals this season to finish the job!

3. Bulls On Parade by Rage Against the Machine.

1. Do you feel there are enough things going on for those who aren't in the playoffs?

2. What type of cheese has the best chance of being weaponized?

3. Favorite rivalry game in any sport?

1.  No I don't think so, not really.

2.  Goat cheese.

3.  Montreal Canadiens vs anybody in the division.

QUESTIONS:

1.  If any team in any league here were to relocate, which team would go where?

2.  Follow up question to above: what would the team's logo look like?

3.  There is a board of governors here, should there be a player's association?

Edited by mattyIceman

Hmm this is a tough one, I might move one of the swedish VHLE teams (Stockholm/Vasteras) to a country that doesn't have a team like Denmark or something

If you moved Stockholm to Denmark keeping the Vikings branding might also be fitting

I'm not sure the need for one seems obvious to me at the moment but if there is a strong purpose for one then sure!

Questions:
1. The Playoffs are in full swing, any surprises to you thus far?

2. Who do you think will go first overall in the upcoming VHL draft?

3. What would you like your favourite NHL team to do at the upcoming trade deadline?

1 hour ago, Velevra said:

Hmm this is a tough one, I might move one of the swedish VHLE teams (Stockholm/Vasteras) to a country that doesn't have a team like Denmark or something

If you moved Stockholm to Denmark keeping the Vikings branding might also be fitting

I'm not sure the need for one seems obvious to me at the moment but if there is a strong purpose for one then sure!

Questions:
1. The Playoffs are in full swing, any surprises to you thus far?

2. Who do you think will go first overall in the upcoming VHL draft?

3. What would you like your favourite NHL team to do at the upcoming trade deadline?

1. Very shocked with us in Calgary, something is not just clicking. Also my player has been SUPER underwhelming and I need to fix that.

2. Antonia Bucatini will probably be the first pick overall. Yes, I did look at CIA's mock draft but I do think if Seattle gets the first overall pick, Bana may go for Antonia just to have a one-two punch down the middle. Severus has been excellent for the Bears but having another generational center may help Seattle launch into being competitive.

3. Trade Tanev, Markstrom, and Hanifin. I love all three players but it's best to get young players and prospects. I would especially love to see faster skating players as the Flames have always been one of the slower teams. We need some more creative players that can make chances happen. I've already liked the moves by Conroy so far, hoping we see more then.

----

1. Who is your favourite player in the NHL to watch and why?

2. What archetype of player would you say your player fall under? (i.e. checker, playmaker, sniper, etc.)

3. If you had to add another award to the VHL, what award would it be? (also, if you want, what would it be called?)

17 hours ago, SlapshotWrangler said:

1. Who is your favourite player in the NHL to watch and why?

2. What archetype of player would you say your player fall under? (i.e. checker, playmaker, sniper, etc.)

3. If you had to add another award to the VHL, what award would it be? (also, if you want, what would it be called?)

1) right now, Slafkovsky without a doubt!

2) he is definitely a defensive defenseman. The kind of guy you want on your PK.

3) I'm already overwhelmed with the thousands awards, we don't need more.

questions:

1) where would you travel?

2) If you could move a team to an other city, which one would it be and where?

3) What song should be played when you score a goal?

1) where would you travel?

Vancouver for the playoffs this year. Would love too see a homegame and a playoff game at that! And it seems wonderful with it's mountains and closeness to the ocean.

2) If you could move a team to an other city, which one would it be and where?

Hmm, Good question. Somewhere rainy because i love the name "Rain City Bitch Pigeons" that i read somewhere from when Seattle was coming into NHL. Maybe Gothenburg in Sweden.

3) What song should be played when you score a goal?

Kiss - Rock'N'Roll All Night

Questions!
1.Are you high? Have you ever been high? On what? how was it?
2. Do you have a crush on anyone? Who? 
3. Would you rather answer my 3 questions or the 3 questions i answered?

Edited by Trazan

23 hours ago, Trazan said:

Questions!
1.Are you high? Have you ever been high? On what? how was it?
2. Do you have a crush on anyone? Who? 
3. Would you rather answer my 3 questions or the 3 questions i answered?

1. Being high at a school is incredibly frowned upon, so no. I also have never done drugs because I know if I would try them, I'd never be able to stop.

2. I have the absolute biggest crush on my wife, she rules.

3. Yours, I love weird questions, especially when I can answer them perfectly straight.

1. You've foolishly been granted the ability to change one aspect of the VHL in any way with no questions asked, what would it be?

2. If you could experience the fictional world of any work of media, what would it be?

3. Have you ever been to a... a Turkish prison?

On 2/22/2024 at 9:56 AM, Doomsday said:

1. You've foolishly been granted the ability to change one aspect of the VHL in any way with no questions asked, what would it be?

2. If you could experience the fictional world of any work of media, what would it be?

3. Have you ever been to a... a Turkish prison?

1. no more offsides

2. one of my favorite movies when I was a kid: Willow

3. No I can't say that I have.

Questions

1. what are your hopes for the upcoming VHL season

2. If you could add a team to any of the VHL leagues where would it be

3. if you could pick a goal song for your player what would it be.

1. Uh, I guess I'm mostly hoping that the team doesn't totally fall apart. New GM, bunch of players retiring these next two seasons... a little worried I'm going to be all alone here on Prague.

2. I dunno. Probably would add another Scandinavian team since they're relatively prolific in hockey.

3. Knights of Cydonia. That bass line is something else.

-------------

1. What's the most obscure/rare fact you know about hockey?

2. There have been a few punishments from the head office recently. What do you think about the Spirit of Competition ruling on Seattle?

3. If any one GM job suddenly became available, which opportunity would you leap for first?

1 hour ago, Renomitsu said:

1. Uh, I guess I'm mostly hoping that the team doesn't totally fall apart. New GM, bunch of players retiring these next two seasons... a little worried I'm going to be all alone here on Prague.

2. I dunno. Probably would add another Scandinavian team since they're relatively prolific in hockey.

3. Knights of Cydonia. That bass line is something else.

-------------

1. What's the most obscure/rare fact you know about hockey?

2. There have been a few punishments from the head office recently. What do you think about the Spirit of Competition ruling on Seattle?

3. If any one GM job suddenly became available, which opportunity would you leap for first?

1. Since I'm a Sabres fan, it would have to be the Taro Tsujimoto draft pick.

2. I won't say too much as I'm also a GM in the VHL, but just don't break the rules and nothing bad will happen.

3. Well, I GM Chicago, and as I am from there, I probably wouldn't leap at another job GMing wise.

Ask 3

1. What are you looking forward to next season for your player, regardless what league you're in?

2. How is your NHL team doing that you support? Above expectations, meeting expectations, or below expectations and why?

3. If you could change one rule about anything in the VHL, what would you change and why?

40 minutes ago, badcolethetitan said:

1. What are you looking forward to next season for your player, regardless what league you're in?

2. How is your NHL team doing that you support? Above expectations, meeting expectations, or below expectations and why?

3. If you could change one rule about anything in the VHL, what would you change and why?

1.) A little bit of a cop out answer, but I'm just happy to be back in the league. Haven't had a player in a minute.

2.) Flyers - going by the standings "above expectations" but this is supposed to be a re-build. Until I actually see rebuilding trades being made I can't say "meeting expectations". And as I'm typing this seems like Drysdale just injured his shoulder again!

3.) I'd go back to 8 season careers only.

1.) What's something you've recently enjoyed more than you thought you would?

2.) What's something you've recently enjoyed less than you thought you would?

3.) Is re-creating at the trade deadline too advantageous?

6 hours ago, Fire Tortorella said:

1.) A little bit of a cop out answer, but I'm just happy to be back in the league. Haven't had a player in a minute.

2.) Flyers - going by the standings "above expectations" but this is supposed to be a re-build. Until I actually see rebuilding trades being made I can't say "meeting expectations". And as I'm typing this seems like Drysdale just injured his shoulder again!

3.) I'd go back to 8 season careers only.

1.) What's something you've recently enjoyed more than you thought you would?

2.) What's something you've recently enjoyed less than you thought you would?

3.) Is re-creating at the trade deadline too advantageous?

1. i started DMing in dungeons & dragons and i'm finding it extremely rewarding.

2. video games. i'm not sure if it's me getting older or majority of the games out these days are just worse than they used to be but it sucks!

3. i dont think so. sure the waivers sometimes tend to pile on one team but i really don't mind it.

1. what is something you are looking forward to in the near future?

2. what is something you are grateful for today?

3. if you could time travel, would you go into the past or the future?

Playing my sophomore season in the VHL! Hoping for a good one and our young team should improve!

My good health and all the wonderful people in my life. Very fortunate to be where I am. 

Hmm I would say the future, would be cool to see what technology has evolved to. Hopefully nothing too apocalyptic though in the near future haha

-----
Questions

1. Is there anything specifically you like about VHL off seasons? Drafts, FA, Tourneys? 

2. Do you think VHL should something specific for the 100th season? 

3. Who do you think the best player in the league will be next season?

16 hours ago, Velevra said:

Playing my sophomore season in the VHL! Hoping for a good one and our young team should improve!

My good health and all the wonderful people in my life. Very fortunate to be where I am. 

Hmm I would say the future, would be cool to see what technology has evolved to. Hopefully nothing too apocalyptic though in the near future haha

-----
Questions

1. Is there anything specifically you like about VHL off seasons? Drafts, FA, Tourneys? 

2. Do you think VHL should something specific for the 100th season? 

3. Who do you think the best player in the league will be next season?

1. the off-season for me used to be hella boring but till i started max earning and seeing how much of a boost my player would get after the off-season I really enjoy it
2. top 100 VHL players 1 for best 100 for worst
3. not to be biased...BUT savaisk Tzesar..

1. what's your favourite genre of music?
2. Best movie you've watched?
3. water or soda? 

7 hours ago, comrade cat said:

1. what's your favourite genre of music?
2. Best movie you've watched?
3. water or soda? 

1 - Metal, Progressive Metal, EDM, Industrial Hardbass, Phonk, plenty of other stuff.

2 - Shawshank Redemption.  Hard to top that movie.

3 - Water, duh.  I loathe soda, plus it isn't healthy

QUESTIONS:

1 - What new skills or new projects are you working on in your personal life?

2 - New season coming soon, new paycheck coming in.  What is your player gonna splurge their money on?

3 - Nice juicy slices of pizza or juicy BBQ burgers??

On 2/27/2024 at 9:16 PM, mattyIceman said:

1 - Metal, Progressive Metal, EDM, Industrial Hardbass, Phonk, plenty of other stuff.

2 - Shawshank Redemption.  Hard to top that movie.

3 - Water, duh.  I loathe soda, plus it isn't healthy

QUESTIONS:

1 - What new skills or new projects are you working on in your personal life?

2 - New season coming soon, new paycheck coming in.  What is your player gonna splurge their money on?

3 - Nice juicy slices of pizza or juicy BBQ burgers??

1. I am working on a computer science group project so there's that. I'm also trying to go out and play more floor hockey as well; I've never played competitive hockey so I want to actually get somewhat good at the sport I am a fan of.

2. Raimo is gonna splurge his money on materials so that he can build his own sauna outside.

3. Pizzas are nice but I'm pizza'd out considering I was having a whole bunch here at campus so BBQ burgers!!!!

1) Your player is playing for their national team but their jersey number has already been taken! What jersey number is your player taking instead?

2) What does your player prefer? A lower flex stick or a higher flex stick?

3) Your player buys a new ride! Which car does your player buy?

19 hours ago, SlapshotWrangler said:

1. I am working on a computer science group project so there's that. I'm also trying to go out and play more floor hockey as well; I've never played competitive hockey so I want to actually get somewhat good at the sport I am a fan of.

2. Raimo is gonna splurge his money on materials so that he can build his own sauna outside.

3. Pizzas are nice but I'm pizza'd out considering I was having a whole bunch here at campus so BBQ burgers!!!!

1) Your player is playing for their national team but their jersey number has already been taken! What jersey number is your player taking instead?

2) What does your player prefer? A lower flex stick or a higher flex stick?

3) Your player buys a new ride! Which car does your player buy?

1. I'm gonna go with 92. Not sure why, but I like the look of it.

2. A sweet spot right in the middle is perfect. Probably leaning toward high flex if I had to choose.

3. A rusty, musty, dusty, crusty 2001 Honda civic that someone gave him for $5.

1) What motivates your player to succeed in their career?

2) Would you rather play your whole career with one team or move around to experience different team cultures?
3) What is your pre-game meal?

On 3/1/2024 at 1:07 PM, Patrik Tallinder said:

1) What motivates your player to succeed in their career?

2) Would you rather play your whole career with one team or move around to experience different team cultures?
3) What is your pre-game meal?

1. To inspire the next generation of Hungarian VHL players!

2. I typically am the type to stick with a team until they decide to rebuild.

3. As long as it's loaded with carbs, it's the way to go!

1. What is the most annoying ad campaign you've been subjected to?

2. Early S93 prediction for the Continental Cup?

3. What's your go-to snack?

50 minutes ago, Doomsday said:

1. To inspire the next generation of Hungarian VHL players!

2. I typically am the type to stick with a team until they decide to rebuild.

3. As long as it's loaded with carbs, it's the way to go!

1. What is the most annoying ad campaign you've been subjected to?

2. Early S93 prediction for the Continental Cup?

3. What's your go-to snack?

1. Definitely the burger king singing commercials, but it’s kind a love-to-hate-them relationship lmao

2. I’ll honestly have to brush back up with who’s competing at who’s rebuilding as I’ve been away for awhile lol but I’ll go with an optimistic guess of Calgary, my former team with both of my previous players.

3. I’m a big fan of ice cream or sun chips tbh

1) A world class chef offers to cook you one meal for free, no matter how basic or luxurious. What do you choose?

2) What brand of equipment does your player use?

3) if your player could have one major brand deal, what would it be? 

54 minutes ago, Patrik Tallinder said:

1) A world class chef offers to cook you one meal for free, no matter how basic or luxurious. What do you choose?

2) What brand of equipment does your player use?

3) if your player could have one major brand deal, what would it be? 

1.) Honestly? I'm asking the world class chef to cook me their favorite meal. They're going to be able to come up with something better than I can.

2.) CCM - why? It's one of the few I remember and I think the default for your player in NHL?

3.) Hm - let's go with State Farm since they usually do a pretty good job with their commercials and athletes.

1.) What's your biggest surprise in the VHL(E)(M) this season?

2.) What is your unpopular opinion that's actually unpopular?

3.) What's the least fun way to earn TPE?

• Senior Admin
3 minutes ago, Fire Tortorella said:

.) What's your biggest surprise in the VHL(E)(M) this season?

2.) What is your unpopular opinion that's actually unpopular?

3.) What's the least fun way to earn TPE?

1. Of course, the introduction of Tommy fokin' Shelby 

2. I came here looking for easy questions bro... my unpopular opinion, particularly relevant here, is that I just don't find sports all that interesting to watch or follow. Honestly haven't watched a NHL game in a couple years. Going to a game in person is obviously a different story but I'm definitely not paying for a sportsnet subscription anytime soon. 

3. I guess partly it comes down to personal taste like I think graphics is definitely not fun but overall I feel like reviewing is kind of bottom of the barrel activity. 

1. You can go anywhere in the world, where are you and you're player spending the off-season?

2. What's the funnest way to earn TPE? 

3. Whose your VHL hero? 

46 minutes ago, Will said:

1. Of course, the introduction of Tommy fokin' Shelby 

2. I came here looking for easy questions bro... my unpopular opinion, particularly relevant here, is that I just don't find sports all that interesting to watch or follow. Honestly haven't watched a NHL game in a couple years. Going to a game in person is obviously a different story but I'm definitely not paying for a sportsnet subscription anytime soon. 

3. I guess partly it comes down to personal taste like I think graphics is definitely not fun but overall I feel like reviewing is kind of bottom of the barrel activity. 

1. You can go anywhere in the world, where are you and you're player spending the off-season?

2. What's the funnest way to earn TPE? 

3. Whose your VHL hero? 

Answers:

1.  Hawaii! It's pretty dreary in Vancouver and both of us could use some sun and sand. Not to mention some drinks on the beach!

2. I enjoy making graphics but I actually would say the PC answer 3, ask three. I find it fun coming up with questions and answering others questions. Some people have really fun responses. 

3. Hmm I haven't been in the VHL long enough to have one but I admire Lachlan Summers and Jesse Teno! They are inspiring me to recreate as a goalie in the future. 

Questions

1. If you were GMing a Pro AM team this offseason what would you pick as your team name? (If you are currently a Pro AM GM what was your fall back team name?)

2. Do you enjoy theme week? Why or why not?

3. What are you enjoying in your spare time this offseason when your not checking out the VHL?

1. Since I know overall very little about hockey outside of these little attributes we upgrade on a weekly basis, I'd probably pick "Beginner's Luck" as a team name in hopes of making more experienced GMs squirm.

2. I generally enjoy theme week, but my time available to be able to contribute to it is pretty limited.

3. I'm definitely enjoying having less to pay attention to - it's a nice break even though I generally really enjoy my time here.

-----------

1. What would you say are the biggest hockey stories of this VHL (or NHL) season to someone who doesn't regularly watch?

2. What do you think needs to happen for hockey to become as mainstream as things like American football and basketball in the United States? When do you think that will happen?

3. Do you participate in the league Discord? What channels are your favorites?

7 minutes ago, Renomitsu said:

1. What would you say are the biggest hockey stories of this VHL (or NHL) season to someone who doesn't regularly watch?

2. What do you think needs to happen for hockey to become as mainstream as things like American football and basketball in the United States? When do you think that will happen?

3. Do you participate in the league Discord? What channels are your favorites?

1. Maybe it's because the playoffs are fresh on my mind and I am on one of the teams involved, but I think the collapse of the best regular season teams in the playoffs is up there. The lower seeds won 3/4 of the matchups in Round 2. The Victory Cup-winning Nighthawks didn't win a single playoff game, and neither of NA's top two teams were able to get to a Game 7.

2. It can be kind of hard to follow the action when watching NHL games. If broadcasts would highlight the puck with a glow, I think it would attract more viewers. Yeah, for sure. That would definitely be a good idea. Honestly though, I just don't think it ever will be. Hockey is far less accessible, so I don't see it happening.

3. Nah.

1. What are your goals for your player next season?

2. Are there any teams in the VHL that you always want to see succeed?

3. Do you think there are any ways in which the off-season could be improved? Such as shortening it if possible, or adding any sort of activities?