Answer 3, Ask 3

McWolf

17 minutes ago, Smarch said:

Questions:

1) With the VHLM draft upcoming, where do you see the top goalie Giorgiy Costanza will go?

2) Who will be the worst team in the VHL next season?

3) Whats your favourite VHL moment to date? 

1. Maybe Ottawa who had a rough season in S90. A low TPA goalie at the moment so Costanza could easily take over.

2. I haven't fully understood what Vancouver has been doing since they have a very small roster right now.

3. My favourite VHL moment to date would be my first time raising a Con Cup, S83 with the Bears in my first season there.

1. Who did you like to watch play hockey while growing up?

2. What is your go to pre game meal?

3. Have you won any awards in the VHL? If so, what's your favourite? If not, which award would you like to win? 

Edited by AJW

Growing up, I was a huge fan of Sidney Crosby. His skill on the ice and his leadership with the Penguins really inspired me to pursue hockey.

My go-to pre-game meal is usually grilled chicken with pasta and a side of steamed vegetables. It gives me the energy I need to perform my best.

I haven't won any awards in the VHL yet, but I'm working hard towards it. I'd really like to have won the Rookie of the Year award; but I especially enjoy the awards voted for by my peers, it would be an honor to be recognized for my contributions to the team.

Now, my turn to ask:

What changes have you noticed in the team's dynamic with the new players coming in for this season?
How has the coaching staff helped in preparing you and the team for the upcoming challenges?
Are there any specific areas of your game that you’ve been focusing on improving during this training camp?

On 10/26/2023 at 1:31 PM, LastOneUp said:

Growing up, I was a huge fan of Sidney Crosby. His skill on the ice and his leadership with the Penguins really inspired me to pursue hockey.

My go-to pre-game meal is usually grilled chicken with pasta and a side of steamed vegetables. It gives me the energy I need to perform my best.

I haven't won any awards in the VHL yet, but I'm working hard towards it. I'd really like to have won the Rookie of the Year award; but I especially enjoy the awards voted for by my peers, it would be an honor to be recognized for my contributions to the team.

Now, my turn to ask:

What changes have you noticed in the team's dynamic with the new players coming in for this season?

There is definitely a bigger buzz in the locker room with some of the new additions. We had a rough season last year and we need to avenge that season this season. Everyone in on board and ready to make a cup push

How has the coaching staff helped in preparing you and the team for the upcoming challenges?

The coaching staff is working on our chemistry so that we can feed off each others pro's and con's. Looking forward to the season

Are there any specific areas of your game that you’ve been focusing on improving during this training camp?

Been focusing on my shooting as last year was a bad season for me, looking to bounce back

3 Questions:

Who is your favorite to win the S90 World Cup?

If your player is on a WC team, how is he doing? If your player isn't, what player has impressed you the most in the WC?

What Character in a movie could have been great, but the actor they cast didn't fit the role?

Edited by Greg_Di

On 10/27/2023 at 3:53 PM, Greg_Di said:

3 Questions:

Who is your favorite to win the S90 World Cup?

I'm not really focused on following International events right now as I'm focusing solely on preparing for this season, since it's my draft year.  There will be other times to follow the other series.

If your player is on a WC team, how is he doing? If your player isn't, what player has impressed you the most in the WC?

Again, I haven't been following the World Cup.  May the best players play their best and the best team win!

What Character in a movie could have been great, but the actor they cast didn't fit the role?

I'll say Arnold Shwarzenegger playing Mr. Freeze in Batman & Robin.  That was just wrong.  Dolph Lundgren would have made him more intimidating

3 questions:

1 - What car is your player driving around, with all that money you made?

2 - What car are YOU driving around?  If not, what's your favorite and least favorite way of getting around?

3 - What's the extent of your knowledge on cars?

6 hours ago, mattyIceman said:

3 questions:

1 - What car is your player driving around, with all that money you made?

-My player drives a toyota camry because I haven't got my contract money yet lol

2 - What car are YOU driving around?  If not, what's your favorite and least favorite way of getting around?

-I am currently driving around an older toyota highlander

6 hours ago, mattyIceman said:

3 - What's the extent of your knowledge on cars?

-I'd say it's better than how to correctly put these answers into quotes lol, but I do have general knowledge of cars and engines

1. What been the biggest surprise for you in the NHL so far this season? 

2. What are some goals of your player this season in the VHL/E/M?

3. What is your pre-game hype up song in the locker room? 

14 minutes ago, Girts said:

1. What been the biggest surprise for you in the NHL so far this season? 

2. What are some goals of your player this season in the VHL/E/M?

3. What is your pre-game hype up song in the locker room? 

1. Wild not being undefeated, wtf

2. At least 90 points, 150 hits, 150 shots blocked

3. Right now, it's Outta My Way by Damone

1. Would you ever vote for a player to win MVP if their team didn't make the playoffs?

2. Do you feel more or less invested in the VHL than you thought you would be when you first joined?

3. Favorite thing to do with a day off?

2 hours ago, scoop said:

1. Would you ever vote for a player to win MVP if their team didn't make the playoffs?

1A. I dont think you can be called the Most Valuable Player in the league if you cant drag your team into a playoff position. So no I wouldnt

2. Do you feel more or less invested in the VHL than you thought you would be when you first joined?

2A. Wayyyyy more invested. Player development and team involvement with the discord groups makes it so much fun

3. Favorite thing to do with a day off?

3A. Golf

1. Whats your go to music genre?

2. If you had to do this kind of forum for another sport what would it be?

3. Do you think your player is performing as expected heading into this season?

5 hours ago, Ktoms22 said:

1. Whats your go to music genre?

2. If you had to do this kind of forum for another sport what would it be?

3. Do you think your player is performing as expected heading into this season?

1 - Some rock/metal, progressive stuff hits different, some edm/phonk type thing.  Riff and hook type music.

2 - Racing sim league.  That sounds so daunting

3 - Yeah with all the training I'm putting in there should be an improvement.

3 questions

1 - What did your player do for work before joining the vhl?

2 - What do YOU do for a living at the moment?  What's your short term goal, job-wise?

3 - Kind of a dark question, but I had this in a recent nightmare that replayed itself... if you jumped out of a plane and your chute didn't open, what/who would you think about on the way down?

1 - What did your player do for work before joining the vhl?

Some really questionable stuff. Let's not go into it to deep but he had a rough going before pulling himself back together just in time for the draft.

Some say that the veteran club in Malmö still talks about the evenings they had with Tord in the sauna. 

2 - What do YOU do for a living at the moment?  What's your short term goal, job-wise?

I'm a technician at a heating plant, Been for about two years now. So my short term goal is to just learn everything there is to know about our boilers and how to maintain them efficiently. It will take a few more years since we have a lot of different brands and we've had alot of turnover so it has been try and fail kinda education. But that's step one.

Then somewhere in the future i think i want to become more of a technical/project-manager or something like that :)

3 - Kind of a dark question, but I had this in a recent nightmare that replayed itself... if you jumped out of a plane and your chute didn't open, what/who would you think about on the way down?

My family i think, I would be sad that i didn't get to know them through their life and be there for all of their accomplishments and/or though times. And fear i think. I've already had some anxiety about the inevitable so i don't like to think about it too much :P

1. If you had to choose one brand of car to drive for the rest of you'r life. What brand and why?

2.If you had to put yourself in a stereotype based on yourself in real life, Which would you fall into?

3.What's the story behind the naming of your VHL-Player?

Edited by Trazan

14 hours ago, Trazan said:

1. If you had to choose one brand of car to drive for the rest of you'r life. What brand and why?

2.If you had to put yourself in a stereotype based on yourself in real life, Which would you fall into?

3.What's the story behind the naming of your VHL-Player?

1. Lambo because I dont really like cars and it is the main one I know.

2. Canadian because I love hockey, play it, watch it you name it, just not betting on it.

3. My name and just added Jr.

1. Who do you think will win each division in the NHL?
2. What is your favourite European country and why?
3. Should the Yukon Rush be a VHLM team again?

On 11/2/2023 at 4:33 PM, Mysterious_Fish said:

1. Lambo because I dont really like cars and it is the main one I know.

2. Canadian because I love hockey, play it, watch it you name it, just not betting on it.

3. My name and just added Jr.

1. Who do you think will win each division in the NHL?
2. What is your favourite European country and why?
3. Should the Yukon Rush be a VHLM team again?

1. Pacific Division, Vegas are the clear run-away favourites. I mean, 0 regulation losses and 11 wins with only one OTL, wow.

Central Division, I'd like to say it's the Stars turn to win as much as Colorado makes sense. Oettinger is crazy and their young stars are getting better and better.

Metropolitan Division, It's gonna be the Devils in my eyes. Jack Hughes has been popping off and will continue that when he comes back, they have Tyler Toffoli now, just great depth and a good looking lineup.

Atlantic Division, I mean, we all know it's realistically Boston BUT I'm going to throw a curveball and say that the Red Wings will tin the division!

2. I haven't actually gone to any European country but in terms of international hockey, I'm going to have to go with Sweden. That and I'm a Flames fan; we love our Swedish kings.

3. They never should have left in my eyes. I always associate the Rush franchise with the VHLM and I have fond memories of playing against the Yukon Rush.

1. Which NHL player would you compare your VHL player to?

2. Who do you think is a very underappreciated player in the NHL?

3. What is your player's pregame routine like?

On 11/5/2023 at 7:20 AM, SlapshotWrangler said:

1. Which NHL player would you compare your VHL player to?

2. Who do you think is a very underappreciated player in the NHL?

3. What is your player's pregame routine like?

1. Nikita Kucherov, hopefully I can compare myself to him after I get more assists though. 

2. Jared Spurgeon I think is still underrated.

3. Pregame meal of steak and then a nap. Take public transit when I can to the arena as well. 

Questions:

1. How are you feeling about your players season so far?

2. How are you feeling about your teams chances at making the playoffs this season.

3. Do you think you’ll retire early or go the full career length with your player? 

18 hours ago, Smarch said:

1. Nikita Kucherov, hopefully I can compare myself to him after I get more assists though. 

2. Jared Spurgeon I think is still underrated.

3. Pregame meal of steak and then a nap. Take public transit when I can to the arena as well. 

Questions:

1. How are you feeling about your players season so far?

2. How are you feeling about your teams chances at making the playoffs this season.

3. Do you think you’ll retire early or go the full career length with your player? 

1. a bit down thought he would score more but has sadly just continue to dissapoint and just hoping for him to get a boost

2. quite high actually Malmo has been doing quite decent and in my opinion can only get better.

3. I'm gonna try to go a full career retiring early isn't that fun

1. whos your guess for the most wins this reg season?

2. who do you think will have the most goals this season?

3. if you could choose for the final matchup for the cup which teams would you like to see go at it?

On 11/7/2023 at 12:26 PM, comrade cat said:

1. a bit down thought he would score more but has sadly just continue to dissapoint and just hoping for him to get a boost

2. quite high actually Malmo has been doing quite decent and in my opinion can only get better.

3. I'm gonna try to go a full career retiring early isn't that fun

1. whos your guess for the most wins this reg season?

2. who do you think will have the most goals this season?

3. if you could choose for the final matchup for the cup which teams would you like to see go at it?

1. LA Stars in the North America Conference and Helsinki Titans in the European Conference, with LA at most overall.

2. I'll take John Jameson, although I think that Jameson and Todd Cooke will go back and forth all season.

3. Definitely Toronto from North America for sure, no real preference from Europe.

-----------------------------------------------------------

1. Which NHL team has gotten off to the most surprising start, good or bad?

2. Do you have any hockey jerseys? If so, how many, and do you have a favourite?

3. If you could max out one attribute regardless of the TPE needed, which attribute would it be and why?

21 hours ago, dstevensonjr said:

1. LA Stars in the North America Conference and Helsinki Titans in the European Conference, with LA at most overall.

2. I'll take John Jameson, although I think that Jameson and Todd Cooke will go back and forth all season.

3. Definitely Toronto from North America for sure, no real preference from Europe.

-----------------------------------------------------------

1. Which NHL team has gotten off to the most surprising start, good or bad?

2. Do you have any hockey jerseys? If so, how many, and do you have a favourite?

3. If you could max out one attribute regardless of the TPE needed, which attribute would it be and why?

1. I would honestly have to say the Vancouver canucks have gotten to a very good start and the oilers have gotten to a very bad start considering their goaltending problem.

2. I have two. One is the VGK one I wear to games and the other is my jersey back from high school when I played. 

3. As a goalie, i would have to say reaction time since the goalie has to be alert to stop pucks. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Which position do you think is the toughest to play in hockey and why?

2. Which team do you believe is going to win the Stanley cup?

3. Which player do you like best from a rival NHL team? 

1. Goaltender, the backbone of the team with all the pressure on the shoulders.

2. Realistically Colorado or Boston.

3. Adam Fox from the New York Rangers.

1. How has your player faired in the early goings of the season?

2. How has your NHL team faired in the young NHL season?

3. Favorite weekend activity?

22 hours ago, Arce said:

1. How has your player faired in the early goings of the season?

2. How has your NHL team faired in the young NHL season?

3. Favorite weekend activity?

1. YaBoi Oven is doing alright, on pace for a similar point production to his rookie season, but definitely much better defensively as well. Continuing to improve!

2. The Flyers aren't as much of a dumpster fire as I thought, and some of the kids are looking really good. Really encouraging, being honest. 

3. Playing CHEL with the boys!

1. How many points are you looking to score this season in your respective league?

2. Who is a veteran you're proud of?

3. Have you ever ridden on a zamboni before?

16 hours ago, Doomsday said:

1. How many points are you looking to score this season in your respective league?

Hoping for 100+ points in the VHL, this has been the goal since I created this guy

2. Who is a veteran you're proud of?

We should be proud of all our veterans!  Can't single out just one

3. Have you ever ridden on a zamboni before?

Nope I haven't but would seem pretty fun!

3 Questions

1. Christmas is coming up fast, what is your usual Christmas tradition?

2. Will you be going away for the holiday season or staying at home this year?

3) What is one sport that you would like to learn and become good at?

8 hours ago, Greg_Di said:

I put up my Xmas tree on my mom’s bday every year because I’ve been doing that since I was a kid.

Staying home for the most part, my kids are still very young some I’m excited to give them a good Xmas.

The only sport I’m terrible at is basketball and I don’t even need to be good at it, I’d just like to be good enough to play if I felt like it 😂 

3 Questions

1. What NHL team do you cheer for the most, and how are they doing this season?

2. What is your favourite player (or goalie) attribute in the VHL?

3. If you could pick a goal song for your player, what would it be?

8 hours ago, Greg_Di said:

3 Questions

1. It changes a bit here and there but we always do a movie list for November and December. 

2. Staying at home.  My job requires me here sadly as much as I’d love to go somewhere warmer. 

3. I would say golf for sure.  I love the sport but never was good at it. 

—-

1. Biggest guilty pleasure when it comes to music?

2. Are you happy with the play of your current player this year?

3. I mainly collect sports memorabilia.  Is there anything you collect or would like to start collecting if not?

1. Biggest guilty pleasure when it comes to music?

Not sure how I got into it, but recently I've gone into full Beatbox/Loopstation mode(MB14,Dlow,Saro etc). 

2. Are you happy with the play of your current player this year?

Sure. It's just the VHLM but Dassler doesn't suck so it's OK by me.

3. I mainly collect sports memorabilia.  Is there anything you collect or would like to start collecting if not?

I am a boobies connoisseur, as is well known. I have no need to collect anything else.

Questions:

1. If there was a VHL Exchange program, what user would you swap locations with?

2. Who has been the best GM you've played for in the VHL?

3. If you could bring back a Forward line from the past, who/what would it be?

3 hours ago, BOOM said:

Questions:

1. If there was a VHL Exchange program, what user would you swap locations with?

2. Who has been the best GM you've played for in the VHL?

3. If you could bring back a Forward line from the past, who/what would it be?

1. Someone in Australia, which I believe could be you? You, or Berocka. Though if there are any New Zealanders, I think I would prefer them instead, but I'm less sure if we have anyone from New Zealand.

2. I suppose I have played for Banackock with Samuel Gate, but I don't remember particularly if he was a great GM at the time. I'm going to say Devise, from both of his stints as New York GM.

3. Easily the Tom Lincoln / Unassisted / Diana Maxwell line from the early-to-mid S50's New York Americans

1. Who do you think misses the playoffs from the European Conference?

2. Vancouver currently holds five S92 first round picks (DAV, SEA, CGY, HSK, VAN); how many of those picks do you think will be lottery picks?

3. Do you think the Top GM award could ever justifiably be awarded to the GM of a team that finished with the worst record in the league?

10 hours ago, scoop said:

1. Someone in Australia, which I believe could be you? You, or Berocka. Though if there are any New Zealanders, I think I would prefer them instead, but I'm less sure if we have anyone from New Zealand.

2. I suppose I have played for Banackock with Samuel Gate, but I don't remember particularly if he was a great GM at the time. I'm going to say Devise, from both of his stints as New York GM.

3. Easily the Tom Lincoln / Unassisted / Diana Maxwell line from the early-to-mid S50's New York Americans

1. Who do you think misses the playoffs from the European Conference?

2. Vancouver currently holds five S92 first round picks (DAV, SEA, CGY, HSK, VAN); how many of those picks do you think will be lottery picks?

3. Do you think the Top GM award could ever justifiably be awarded to the GM of a team that finished with the worst record in the league?

1. 100% moscow and maybe its a tight maybe but i think prague is gonna go under
2. im gonna say atleast 2
3. best GM award should go to GM's who are active and can talk players to earning well aswell making good lines so in a very very rare perfect case I think so

1. your top rookies for this season?
2. desired game you always wanted to play but never had the time?
3. a real life job that you are interested in?

11 hours ago, comrade cat said:
1. your top rookies for this season?
2. desired game you always wanted to play but never had the time?
3. a real life job that you are interested in?

1. In no particular order, Severus Targaryen, Axle Gunner, Shubham Anand.

2. I would like to try pickle ball cause I’m getting to the age where playing it is acceptable.

3. I only have one position above me at work, outside management which I tried for six months and hated, so I guess I would like to try my hand as a policy analyst to help shape the outlook at my work and for my province. 

Questions defense related: 

1. Who will win the Sterling Labatte trophy at seasons end in the VHL. 

2. Who will win the Jake Thunder trophy at seasons end in the VHLE.

3. Who will win the Ryan Sullivan trophy at season end in the VHLM. 

8 hours ago, Smarch said:

1. Who will win the Sterling Labatte trophy at seasons end in the VHL. 

2. Who will win the Jake Thunder trophy at seasons end in the VHLE.

3. Who will win the Ryan Sullivan trophy at season end in the VHLM. 

1. Jake Thunder of Davos is having a really strong season offensively, and is still hitting and blocking shots at a good pace so far as well. He's definitely in the running for the Labatte.

2. This is a tough one, as there isn't really a clear standout that excels at everything. CGY Janser is killing it with hits and blocked shots, but isn't a top ten in points. Leif Reingaard leads all defensemen in points, but doesn't have a lot of hits and just cracks the top ten in shots blocked. Tyler Swift is probably the most balanced of the candidates so far.

3. Petit Hughie has been showing out in points, hits, and shots blocked, and looks to be the front-runner in my opinion so far.

1. We're already about halfway through the season, what's the biggest surprise so far?

2. What's a topping that needs to be banned from pizzas?

3. If a zoo would inexplicably allow you to take one of their animals home with you, which one would you pick?