Bratislava Watchmen Press Conference

FrostBeard

On 8/23/2022 at 3:25 AM, leandrofg said:

:brt: Watchmen Press Conference :brt:

(Week Ending August 28th)

Answering three questions gets you 1 Capped TPE

Answering six questions gets you 2 Capped TPE

1. Would you rather go to the beach, discover a new city, or chill in the countryside?
  2. What's the best food you've ever eaten outside of your hometown/home country?
  3. What super-touristy thing did you do that was surprisingly awesome?
  4. How do you feel about cruises?
  5. What is your most valuable travel possession?
  6. Describe your dream travel experience.

1. Discover a new city or Chill in the countryside for sure.

2. I went to a Luau in Hawaii once and they had some amazing food there.

3. Probably the Luau haha, it was really cool.

4. Idk, I was supposed to go on one like 7 years ago, but I couldn't make it. Never been.

5. I bought a Ukulele in Hawaii at a local Uke shop. I don't play it too much anymore, but it's the most I've ever spent on one thing when traveling.

6. That's tough. A snowboarding trip to Japan would be awesome tho.

1. Would you rather go to the beach, discover a new city, or chill in the countryside?

Discovering a city would be pretty cool, I feel like I can go to the beach whenever I want.

2. What's the best food you've ever eaten outside of your hometown/home country?

I can't really think of something amazing I've had outside of my hometown or country, but an interesting food that was really good that I've tried before is lobster grilled cheese.

When I was in Cuba I went on a guided hike to a fresh water cave and went swimming there and it was supper pretty and fun and surprisingly awesome!

I've never been on one but id imagine they are fun.

My hair straightener and mascara 💅🤣

Going to an all inclusive resort and spa with a beachside front, plus a pool and hot tub, also I would want to spend a few days sightseeing.

On 8/23/2022 at 10:25 AM, leandrofg said:

1. I'd rather discover a new city and just wander about and see what I can find. It's just more fun as you never know what you might find.

2. I had churros the last time I went to Spain and they were honestly amazing.

3. The last time I was in New York, I went up the Rockefeller Centre and night time and the view from the top was unreal.

4. I'm not that much of a fan of cruises. I think they are a bit boring and I don't like the idea of being stuck on a boat for ages.

5. I have a travel pillow that I take on holiday every time I go and I don't think I could survive without it.

6. Somewhere that has a mixture of beach, city exploration and nightlife so I can relax, go exploring and have fun for a week.

:brt: Watchmen Press Conference! :brt:

Answer 3 for one TPE or two for 6 TPE!

1. What do you think if the new AGM hiring?

2. Are you excited by the recent draft and signings for the Watchmen?

3. Do you follow Association Football? If so, which club do you support?

4. What are your early VHLE predictions?

5. What is your favorite kind of soda, if you drink soda?

6. Do you own any game consoles?

1. What do you think if the new AGM hiring?

I approove the idea, always good to have some help managing a team. As for the new AGM, ask me the same question at the end of the season haha!

2. Are you excited by the recent draft and signings for the Watchmen?

Sure I'm one of them :)

3. Do you follow Association Football? If so, which club do you support?

Nope, not a big fan of football.

4. What are your early VHLE predictions?

We win the Cup. What else?

5. What is your favorite kind of soda, if you drink soda?

A cold Pepsi with ice, always good. Crush soda is sweet, but sooooo good!

6. Do you own any game consoles?

Not since my PS3 got a YLED. I got a gaming computer and at 30, I got less time for gaming so I will probably not get another one.

1. Do you follow college football? If so, what surprised you in week 1?

2. What team do you think will be the worst in the VHLE?

3. How about the worst in the VHLM?

4. What's your favorite kind of breakfast food?

5. What do you think of the Watchmen captains? 

6. What is your favorite kind of article?

Edited by WildfireMicro

Nope, in Canada it's not that much popular.

Not us lol! I don't know if Rome and Oslo will be at the bottom gain.

Miami got it hard last season so I hped for them it will not be that bad.

I don't eat a lot for breakfast, but nutella and banana on a slice of bread (toasted) is really good.

I've voted for The Frenchman so I think we will have a good season and he will do good.

The ones that players talk about the life of their player like it's a real person with a real story.

1. Who is your favorite childhood superhero if you had one?

2. What athlete(s) did you love growing up?

3. What do you think of the craziness of the first few sims this season?

4. How do you like our performance in the early season?

5. If you could change your player render to anything else, what would it be?

6. Have you been to a major sporting event? If so, what time was your favorite?

Iron Man. Same name as me, lot of money and women haha

Sydney Crosby. When he comes to Quebec vs the Remparts I was at every game. So dominant.

That we got everything to go far this season. We will fight our way trough the Cup.

Second place. Real close to first so nothing bad to say.

Mario Lemieux maybe! That can give me more skills lol

Memorial Cup in Quebec in 2015. Draisaitl in the final against McCarron :P

On 9/5/2022 at 9:38 AM, WildfireMicro said:

1. I don't really watch any football

2. Stockholm

3. Mexico city

4. Bacon but no eggs. Just nice ol' bacon

5. I'm happy! I got an A which I think is the correct option since I'm a rookie here and shouldn't get a C

6. Sports articles or looking back at drafts

On 9/12/2022 at 1:31 PM, WildfireMicro said:

1. I didn't really watch or get into superheroes when I was younger

2. Yadi Molina

3. I love chaos!!!!!! Bring moar please ;)

4. I think were doing great and have room to still improve

5. I dont think I have one so id have it be jimmy macelroy ofc

6. I go to lots of baseball games and I was at a walkoff win once back in 2018. Was very fun

On 9/12/2022 at 8:31 PM, WildfireMicro said:

1. Hard question, but my first favourite superhero's were the X-Men, so I will probably go with Gambit due to loving him in the animated series.

2. Raul and Fernando Redondo from Real Madrid, Steve McManaman and Michael Owen from Liverpool.

3. I haven't really paid enough attention to comment on this.

4. I think we are doing solid, I had no idea when I signed here how the team would look, so second is definitly great.

5. We can, but I won't The Frenchman will remain Tomer Capon

6. I have been to the european championships soccer in 2000, Netherlands versus Denmark.  But don't really recall much from it anymore.

Bratislava Watchmen 
Press conference

S85 in full swing and so is our press conferences! 
As per usual, 3 answers will give you 1 TPE and 6 answers will get you the Max 2 TPE you can get from PC every week! 

1. After quite a while of being silent - GM Frostbeard has returned to media scene with a message saying "Media are just a group of mosquitos dining on a fisherman's ear who is telling stories of his time in Soviet navy and his many lovers." You comment on that?
2. Dens Oden has been absolutely unstoppable in VHLE this season, do you think he can keep it going all the way and keep this rolling into playoffs too?
3. Bratislava Watchmen main sponsor Viking Brandy has been labeled as a "bad sponsor for a sports team" while beer manufacturers are considered good ones. Do you believe Bratislava needs to look into an opportunity of getting another main sponsor? 
4. With this season well on the way, what has been the most interesting part of playing in VHLE, do you feel pressure coming into this season?
5. How do you feel about the fact that city of Bratislava have released their newest promotion saying "Home to the Watchmen, people who see into everyone's heart and home!"?
6. With Bratislava team making quite a few trades in the off-season, how do you feel these trades impacted the performance of the team this season?

On 9/22/2022 at 10:22 AM, FrostBeard said:

Bratislava Watchmen 
Press conference

S85 in full swing and so is our press conferences! 
As per usual, 3 answers will give you 1 TPE and 6 answers will get you the Max 2 TPE you can get from PC every week! 

1. After quite a while of being silent - GM Frostbeard has returned to media scene with a message saying "Media are just a group of mosquitos dining on a fisherman's ear who is telling stories of his time in Soviet navy and his many lovers." You comment on that?
2. Dens Oden has been absolutely unstoppable in VHLE this season, do you think he can keep it going all the way and keep this rolling into playoffs too?
3. Bratislava Watchmen main sponsor Viking Brandy has been labeled as a "bad sponsor for a sports team" while beer manufacturers are considered good ones. Do you believe Bratislava needs to look into an opportunity of getting another main sponsor? 
4. With this season well on the way, what has been the most interesting part of playing in VHLE, do you feel pressure coming into this season?
5. How do you feel about the fact that city of Bratislava have released their newest promotion saying "Home to the Watchmen, people who see into everyone's heart and home!"?
6. With Bratislava team making quite a few trades in the off-season, how do you feel these trades impacted the performance of the team this season?

1. Maybe media should stay away from you

2. With hopes to win the cup I sure hope we all get hot and stay hot

3. No, They hate is cuz they aint us

4. I wasn't really expecting much since I was on a meh team then got traded here which made my cup hopes spike!

5. Very deep man

6. I came in in one of those trades and being a top D man it helped the team and the goalie

I was not aware of that, but I kinda agree with him. 

I have abosolutely no doubt about the season part, but we all know that the playoffs are completely diferent. We shall se, but I hope it will continue.

I have no problem with our actual sponsor, but if we can get a deal with a "A" grade one, it would be a plus for our team.

Yeah I felt some pressure because of my draft rank, but so far I think I have a good rookie season. The priority is help the team win, and we are in second place so I'd like to feal that I doing something good.

It's a down to hearth publicity so I think it will work in a city like Bratislava. People love their team and their city by helping them in some public event, so I feel the promotion will work really well.

I was not there last season so everybody is new to me, but like I said earlier, we are in second place so I imagine the trades did had a good impact.

On 8/23/2022 at 4:25 AM, leandrofg said:

1. Chill in the countryside

2. Uhh Im a very boring person so when I do go out of state I dont really get anything special.

3. Like the last one when I do go other places im a very boring person

4. Ive never been on one and idk how I would do on open ocean

5. My grandparents used to collect sea shells and they gave them to me. I didnt get them myself on a vacation but still

6. I really want to go to Germany but ive never been on a plane and I think I would freak tf out

• 1 month later...

Bratislava Watchmen 
Press conference

S86 off-season is coming to an end! 

1. In the latest edition of Bratislava Gossip there was a article about GM John Frostbeard and VHLE Commissioner Thadius Sales having an open argument and it was speculated that Bratislava GM is involved in some kind of conspiracy targetted at overthrowing Mr Sales. Any thoughts on that?
2. Bratislava managed to resign Dens Oden for his last season in VHLE, how important this signing has been for the team this off-season?
3. Babay Shrimp and Womp Womp Womp Womp Womp Jr have been seen going out for drinks to a place called "The Leaky Cauldron" in London this off-season. Isn't it magical that two teammates can go out and have a wonderful time together off-ice?   
4. Bratislava GM has said that this season is going to be an important season to see how well a team can move resources to have a decent chance to compete. Do you feel like the team needs a huge improvement to be considered a contender or are Watchmen contenders already?
5. Bratislava city Council has offered all players a chance to spend the end of the off-season somewhere in Europe relaxing together doing team building excercises - where do you think the team should go and what kind of activities you think we could partake in? 
6. Do you feel like there is a lot of pressure for you to come and play in VHLE this season? 

Bratislava Watchmen 
Press conference

S86 is here, dominating is here! 

1. GM John Frostbeard has been called out after he claimed that this season's Bratislava Watchmen are the best roster ever assembled in VHLE, your thoughts on the matter?
2. A monstrous trade was made with Istanbul Red Wolves in which Bratislava received two first line calibre players Rick Grimes and Daryl Dixon - how much of an influence they will be this season for Watchemn?
3. Rex Wolfe Gregor and Dens Oden were seen going out for quite a few drinks last night, a day before the opening game - do you feel like that is the way for 2 teammates to act with so little time left before the puckdrop?   
4. What are your goals for this upcoming season, do you focus more on personal achievement or more on the team's overall performance?
5. Bratislava Watchmen have been one of the most consistent if not the most consistent team in VHLE, do you think that is important for a team to have a continued success that might not necessarily mean that team has the ultimate roster? 
6. Considering that most of the players on Bratislava roster have not played here before, is there a player with whom you are excited to have that chance of sharing ice-time? 

15 hours ago, FrostBeard said:

Bratislava Watchmen 
Press conference

1. GM John Frostbeard has been called out after he claimed that this season's Bratislava Watchmen are the best roster ever assembled in VHLE, your thoughts on the matter?
2. A monstrous trade was made with Istanbul Red Wolves in which Bratislava received two first line calibre players Rick Grimes and Daryl Dixon - how much of an influence they will be this season for Watchemn?
3. Rex Wolfe Gregor and Dens Oden were seen going out for quite a few drinks last night, a day before the opening game - do you feel like that is the way for 2 teammates to act with so little time left before the puckdrop?   
4. What are your goals for this upcoming season, do you focus more on personal achievement or more on the team's overall performance?
5. Bratislava Watchmen have been one of the most consistent if not the most consistent team in VHLE, do you think that is important for a team to have a continued success that might not necessarily mean that team has the ultimate roster? 
6. Considering that most of the players on Bratislava roster have not played here before, is there a player with whom you are excited to have that chance of sharing ice-time? 

1. In Frosty we trust, when you’re outspoken like that there will always been a portion of people who will deny and argue your point but all we have to do is show them.

2. I’m hoping personally a huge influence! But as a team we are built! Once we find chemistry and we continue to all bring our all every game it’s going to work just fine!

3. There’s always a few of those boys on the team! Everyone’s got different approaches and until it starts affecting their on ice play… drink up boys!

4. Team for sure! I expect us to compete and I want nothing but the ultimate goal for myself and my teammates.

5. I think we are the best of both worlds right now, but so new into their existence having a new team in a new city it’s important to attract fans with a winning product and ownership and management have done a nice job with that here.

6. Dens Oden, I definitely don’t mind some post game beers or a dozen and his name is cool, I’d like to get to know him more.

I think they are about to find out just how good we are! Let's get some wins this season! 

Grimes has some great FO stats so he should help us to get the puck more often, and Daryl looks like he can certainly score some goals!

Eh wouldn't be my first choice before a game but we all have our rituals and it looks like their drinking habits are helping so far! 

I like to focus on both. Last season in the M I performed well individually in a way that helped the team make it to the playoffs. I look to be an offensive force that can help the team win games

I think being consistently good is important, but if it doesn't lead to championships then more risks may need to be taken

I played with Womp and Bezos a bit in the M so I am happy to be playing with them again in the E! 

On 11/14/2022 at 5:51 PM, FrostBeard said:

1. I think there isn't any calling out because this is pretty much frosty stating facts. We have the best roster in the VHLE and we're gonna go strong through the season.

2. These players have been a big corner stone for the team. We've all gotten better because of their presence and we as a team are now stronger

3. A few drinks are okay in my opinion but i hope they didn't get wasted otherwise it is very irresponsible. Sometimes we need to take a breather and have a drink but too much before game day is not a good look for the team.

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/14/2022 at 4:51 AM, FrostBeard said:

Bratislava Watchmen 
Press conference

over the last 12 games , the team has taken 23 of 24 points.  It may be true!!!

huge!!!  They have helped get the team to 2nd place. 

What if their performances are good it won't matter. 

i want to be the best goalie i can ,so i can hrlp my team win 

wait till they ses whatcwe do in the playoffs 
6. Considering that most of the

players on Bratislava roster have not played here before, is there a player with whom you are excited to have that chance of sharing ice-time?

all the Helsinki prospects:)  

Nonsense! Any Watchmen roster not including Hammar Voss is incapable of being called the best ever.

2. A monstrous trade was made with Istanbul Red Wolves in which Bratislava received two first line calibre players Rick Grimes and Daryl Dixon - how much of an influence they will be this season for Watchmen?

I admit to not knowing who the hell they are, but with two players from The Walking Dead, I'd be careful of upsetting them, so great move!

It's the way that hockey is meant to be played....drunk. Should be more of it, especially at the VHLE level.

Well considering the season is almost done, anything above what I scored this season tbh. I'm slightly more of a "me" player, but not at the expense of a teams success.

It depends if you value tradition/franchise history over championship numbers I guess. A balanced approach is probably preferable imo.

I'm not allowed back in Bratislava, so the answering of this question is impossible for me to answer. I'm sure the current players will excel.

• 5 months later...

Bratislava Watchmen 
Press conference

Couldn’t find a good presser to do so as the AGM of the Watchmen I’m making one for all 0 of my players 
As per usual, 3 answers will give you 1 TPE and 6 answers will get you the Max 2 TPE you can get from PC every week! 

1. Our supreme bot leader Minion is stepping down unfortunately, who do you think will replace him and why won’t it be @Viper?

2. Oslo just won the whatever it’s called cup for the 245th time, why couldn’t a cool team  with a good looking logo be that successful?

3. Personally I think the Geneva rush experiment was a colossal failure and should move back to Yukon where they belong, how long do you think it takes for the league to do this? 

4. Some people like to think of the VHLE as a bot league because teams have very little active players?

I like to ask more personal questions for the final two questions,

5. Why do you think @vincentlg2007 sucks?

6. If you had any superpower what would it be and why?

7 hours ago, Zetterberg said:

Bratislava Watchmen 
Press conference

Couldn’t find a good presser to do so as the AGM of the Watchmen I’m making one for all 0 of my players 
As per usual, 3 answers will give you 1 TPE and 6 answers will get you the Max 2 TPE you can get from PC every week! 

1. Our supreme bot leader Minion is stepping down unfortunately, who do you think will replace him and why won’t it be @Viper?

I think it's going to be Tet. 

2. Oslo just won the whatever it’s called cup for the 245th time, why couldn’t a cool team  with a good looking logo be that successful?

For once in my life i'll agree with you but i'll also remind you about Cologne's win last season.

3. Personally I think the Geneva rush experiment was a colossal failure and should move back to Yukon where they belong, how long do you think it takes for the league to do this? 

Yukon is definitely not a good place for an hockey team I know it's hard to acknowledge for you who's attached to the team but it's the truth

4. Some people like to think of the VHLE as a bot league because teams have very little active players?

Is this even a question ? I mean yes I can't really respond to that otherwise. While I was tired of the E as AGM I still loved the league and it's overhated. But I still think it's much better to be a gm in the M 

I like to ask more personal questions for the final two questions,

5. Why do you think @vincentlg2007 sucks?

Cause you're salty you didn't get the hounds job, cause of jealousy because I hold the record for the best season of all time in the E as AGM a title you don't hold, cause you're scared that you'll lose in the pro-am to a team with a trash goalie gmed by me, Cause I eliminated you from the playoffs in 86, cause I live in the bear's head rent free and you don't and the list goes on

6. If you had any superpower what would it be and why?

for me the list is definitely read minds, go back in time, teleport, fly, see every possibillties in the future based on every decisions like doctor strange, possibillity manipulations and reality manipulation. To start off i'd eliminate go back in go back in time, teleport and fly. While go back in time is fun it's not always useful for teleport and fly they're useful but i'm still gonna put them in the elimination zone. Now reality manipulation is dope but I still want to live an human life and live our world mostly has it is. Possibillity manipulation, read minds and see every outcome of all decisions like doctor strange would be the one i'm thinking about the most. All 3 of them would be very useful and are probably as useful one other imo. the doctor strange one because it ruins the surprise but it saves you from regrets, embarrasment or bad decisions. Read minds is kind of a personal life invasion but you know better what people think about you to become a better person and it would be very useful as a police officer but it could also hurt a lot knowing how people see you. Possibillity manipulations is similar to the strange one except you don't know if the decisions ends up being good or not. So i'd say the strange one