HOF x3: VHL/SBA/EFL Hall of Fame Members

The Hall of Fame | Rock & Roll Hall of Fame

Hall of Famers Across Leagues: Who's Reached the Top in the VHL, SBA and EFL?

About a year ago, I had an epiphany. At that time, I wasn’t yet back in the VHL, but I was kicking around the SBA and the EFL, the two leagues that are perhaps considered the closest to the VHL in terms of member crossover, affiliate TPE and more. It was then that my SBA player, Solomon Serrano, was winning his first MVP, while my EFL player, Jurgen Flugel-Hagendorfen won Wide Receiver of the Year and an EFL title in just his fourth season. And when both happened, I started to think: Wait, could I have a Hall of Fame player in all three leagues?

It became my sim league goal right away. I already had two Hall of Fame players in the VHL in Hans Wingate and Gabriel McAllister, but most of my attempts in other leagues had previously crashed and burned for various life-related reasons. But if I could get a Hall of Famer in all three, I reasoned, it would be something that not many others had done and would be a feather in my cap. I didn’t know who exactly had done it, but I knew it was an exclusive club.

Yesterday, Serrano entered the SBA Hall of Fame. And with three WRotY awards and three EFL titles, Flugel-Hagendorfen is on a solid trajectory as well. So with that in mind, I decided to do some research to see who exactly had accomplished the Hall of Fame trifecta and, to my surprise, it’s even fewer people than I thought. There are a number of people with Hall of Famers in 2 out of 3, but I believe there’s only two members with Hall of Famers in all three of the close leagues.

Of course, this could be 100% wrong, especially with people changing usernames fairly frequently. Also, while the VHL and EFL have pretty easy Hall of Fame indexes (props to Victor and NSG), I was doing a lot of manual searching on the SBA, so there could be something I missed. Still, I tried to check everybody with at least one VHL and EFL Hall of Famer from what I can see, and here’s what I came up with.

(Also I'm aware this is leaving out the SHL, PBE and other leagues, but I've always considered these three the tightest, and they're the ones I've been in, so I'm rolling with it.)

@OrbitingDeath

VHL: 4 (Remy LeBeau, Thomas O’Malley, Pietro Maximoff, Condor Adrienne)

SBA: 2 (Miles Muad'Dib, Oberyn Martell)

EFL: 1 (Bryce Larkin)

OD is the first name I would have figured before compiling the list, so this one didn’t shock me at all. Green/OrbitingDeath didn’t enter the VHL until Season 30, but he’s been a force since then, with most of his players (including the current Duncan Idaho) being Hall of Fame worthy. In the SBA, OD was a force from the beginning, with his first two players making the HOF and Miles Muad'Dib going in the third ever HOF class. It actually kind of surprised me, then, that he only had one EFL Hall of Famer, and a kicker at that in Larkin (granted, the player the EFL’s Kicker of the Year award is now named after). I wouldn’t be surprised if third time’s the charm for his linebackers.

@.sniffuM

VHL: 1 (Tukka Reikkinen)

SBA: 1 (L’Royal Stokes)

EFL: 1 (Joplo Crittenden)

Especially as the other name alongside OD, this one actually did surprise me a bitI’ve always considered Muffins a pretty VHL-centric member. But perhaps I shouldn’t have. Alongside all of his accomplishments in the VHL that led to him being named a Builder a few seasons ago, including Reikkinen’s career as an Americans star, his SBA point guard Stokes was part of a mid-30s SBA dynasty under Shaka that saw him win four titles and be named first-team all-SBA four separate times. The most successful of the Crittenden line, meanwhile, became the namesake of the EFL’s Tight End of the Year award after winning four straight awards between S9 and S12. Only one HOFer a piece, but it’s good to for the trifecta for Muffins.

In addition, there were a number of people that have two out of three, including names that I could have sworn had completed the trio but hadn’t actually done so. For members who had VHL and EFL Hall of Famers but not SBA (that I could find), there were three: @Advantage, @solas and @Bushito. All three members are VHL primary members with multiple VHL Hall of Famers who also picked up Hall of Famers early in the EFL’s lifespan as it picked up steam. But for one reason or another, none have had a breakthrough in the SBA—even including Advantage’s time as an SBA GM. I’m not sure I see an SBA Hall of Famer coming from any of them imminently, but you never know.

There are a few members that have SBA and EFL HOFers but no VHL Hall of Famers, which makes sense as those two leagues shared affiliate TPE early and are built off the same portal. One in particular stands out to me as VHL relevant though: @Cornholio, the agency behind current London lifer That Dude. A longtime sim league member coming from the olden MSFL days like myself and Doomsday, Cornholio’s had a few bites at the VHL apple, with Dude being one of his most successful at 100+ points each of the past two seasons. Dude has no award wins to his name, however, and my conversations with Corn have intimated that a future VHL Hall of Famer probably won’t be in the cards. (Shout out @MMFLEX who I wrote about here as well before double checking - do you not have an SBA HOFer? Would not have guessed that.)

And finally, I’m sure there are probably a few members with VHL and SBA HOFers but no EFL HOF player, given the longevity of the two leagues and how they shared members in the early days. But there’s one name in this category I would have bet 100% was on the above list of triple winners: @Molholt. The owner of the SBA, his players there have rewritten the league’s record books up and down, with multiple Hall of Famers. In the VHL, his Max Molholt helped lead what is for the next few days the only threepeat in VHL history. But to date, Molholt doesn’t have an EFL HOF player. His recently retired kicker Mowannabe Bad will be a very interesting test case thenhe has three Kicker of the Year awards, but will that be enough to become only the fourth Hall of Fame kicker in EFL history? I think he has the best shot of adding his name to the above list regardless.

Edited by CowboyinAmerica

Super cool article, I think I will fall under the camp of VHL and EFL HOF but no SBA HOF since I have my first SBA player right now, and he is just a rookie. Letang made the HOF here, and I think Markstrom will make the Hall in the EFL after he retires. Hope I make the list!

Definitely surprised Molholt isn't in the EFL HoF, I remember him leaving early on but would've expected him to have a HoF player there at some point. Also if you want to count additional leagues OD/Green is at 4 with an SHL HoFer which is even more impressive.

If only Hugo Dubois had a better career, then I could've been at least closer to making this list :P

1 minute ago, Victor said:

VHL+SHL gang. Waiting for a functioning (association) football league.

VHL+SHL gang.

Also the SSL is decent from what I can tell so far but not perfect. Definitely better than some of the leagues in the past. But I've also only been there for like two weeks lmao.

• Admin
40 minutes ago, solas said:

Also the SSL is decent from what I can tell so far but not perfect. Definitely better than some of the leagues in the past. But I've also only been there for like two weeks lmao.

I feel like someone sent me a link once and I got confused.

1 hour ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

Shout out @MMFLEX who I wrote about here as well before double checking - do you not have an SBA HOFer? Would not have guessed that.)

I do not. I've been a GM during at least all of my players careers except for now so I've been pretty selfless with my players.

10 hours ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

(Also I'm aware this is leaving out the SHL, PBE and other leagues, but I've always considered these three the tightest, and they're the ones I've been in, so I'm rolling with it.)

When talking about the same topic in these leagues, my accolades here are not accepted as being part of a trifecta of hall of famers, so its only fair to leave em out here as well :D

As i only have one player in the SHL HoF next to the leagues mentioned as solas said, i always try to bring in the other leagues to show I got hof in 4 different major leagues ❤️

And @Victor there was an older soccer sim that you might refer too, as i remember that one confused the hell out of me as well. SSL now is just link a point task from any other league your in + activity check / predictions basically. Definitly worth the try :)

I must say, i did expect this list to be longer as me and damien...

Edited by OrbitingDeath

5 hours ago, scoop said:

Huh, I didn't know until now that OrbitingDeath is Green. I just assume they were some new member who joined while I was inactive.

same old me indeed, i just grew tired of the old nickname after ~ 20 years of using it online in different kinds of fashion :)