A Free Agency Decision

Spartan

Its Time Sport GIF by UFC

When I started on this journey with Nico, I had a few distinct goals in mind. First, I wanted to test free agency at some point in his career, as I've never hit free agency with any player in any sim league. I felt like it'd be a pretty cool experience especially if there were teams with cap space to make it interesting and a genuine tough decision. Second, I wanted to win a championship (or a few). I can be pretty grateful as to have one in every other sim league as a small reward for my time and effort, but the VHL is still the only league where I don't have a cup at any level. Nico was going to be my avenue to always end up on a team that gave me the best possible option to compete.

After 4 seasons of Nico's career, he and I are still without a championship. While Helsinki had a talented young roster with a lot of great people, it just wasn't working out and it seemed best to part ways. I am grateful to have had a career-best season over there along with the possibility to win some hardware this offseason. That being said though, this was one of the best offseasons to hit FA in due to the plethora of teams with cap space to make moves, and an abundance of quality fellow free agents to make the league-wide moves. I'm happy to have heard some pitches from a bunch of teams and there were some really good ones out there. Thank you all to @Dil, @Enorama, @Dom, @frescoelmo, @Frank, @Alex and @Acydburn for reaching out and showing interest, I appreciate your time and efforts. 

That being said, I have come to a decision after scoping out where some other FA's have signed and some more trades have been made. I've been really impressed with some of the recent moves of this team and think they have a really bright future under a talented GM. I'd like to now announce that I will be joining:

Spoiler

yoVmeFE.png

Vancouver Wolves - @Frank

I was actually really impressed by Frank's moves to acquire Biggie Cheese (@a_Ferk ) and Alexandre Lemorse (@Lemorse7), and then his follow-up moves to sign Anze Miklavz (@kelvi) and then to trade for Nathan Powers (@JB123). Of course, they already have one of the rising stars in net in Brandt Fuhr (@Tate) and other rookie and sophomore players that have a lot of talent and potential. I'm pretty excited to play with this great group of guys and look forward to how this next season will go!

3 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Damn Frank making moves!

What a scary first line, and all of the low TPE players on the team under 600 TPE are max earners. Going to be interesting to see this roster come playoffs.

The fact that 2/3 of the 2nd line still has banked to spend is insane. Vancouver is set up to be really good, had to try and be a part of it and make a cup run!

Welcome to the @Spartan

Happy to have you join the Wolves pack and we will try to do everything we can to get you that cup. Frank made a lot of great moves this off season and I am excited to see if they all play off the way I hope they will. Either way it will be a great season and we should have some fun. 

wolves GIF

5 minutes ago, ThePerfectNut said:

They are now destined to choke.

What can go wrong, will go wrong - Stephen A. Smith 

Or "Think positive, be positive and positive things will happen."

image.jpeg.6f84fb97e11daf70b44444a4683f1186.jpeg