Get rid of fantasy leagues?

scoop

We hate TPE inflation, right? Personally, I think we should do away with the fantasy leagues for TPE, for a few *good reasons.

1) It seems at least half of the people in the leagues don't even do anything.

2) They are a hassle to get started, and people who want to join can easily be left out because the leagues are full and we can't start another one just for one person. This always bothers me.

3) Reduces some of the TPE going around

*imo

And don't get me wrong, I know I'm posting this right after suggestion reduction in recruitment TPE, but this isn't some ploy by me to get rid of all the TPE that I'm not going to get; I've won fantasy leagues in the league before, and I'll get TPE from them, but I just feel that they don't really provide anything for the league. They don't really promote league activity in any way, and since (I believe) we want people getting less TPE, this seems like a highly logical move.

• Senior Admin

Imo, with such drastic changes to the player store, nobody can definitively say how much of an inflation issue remains, for a couple of seasons at least.

So, I think we should wait and see how things play out with the changes already made before removing more league activities regardless of how high the participation rate is, because there is some who do actively participate and enjoy it.

I personally would prefer getting rid of fantasy leagues over lower recruitment compensation. With TPE-inflation still being a thing, I don't think that we should hand out rewards for non VHL-related activities. We could still have the fantasy leagues, just without any money/TPE reward, should make it more fun for the people playing as well because then you will only have people in the league that are actually interested in it.

Personally I think recruitment TPE is a much, much, much bigger problem than fantasy leagues. The absolute most you can earn from those in a season is about 40, while being able to earn as much TPE as you can from recruiting without any cap whatsoever is just not conducive to a good system. Both systems are flawed, recruitment TPE needs to be capped and fantasy league TPE needs to be lowered, but imo recruitment TPE is a much bigger issue.

Why settle so small? Then we can take away fan590s and then make point tasks worth 3 tpe. Then we can adjust the update scale to 5 tpe after 60. 

Edited by Beaver Fever

I really don't think the fantasy leagues are a huge concern. You could just not give TPE to people who are inactive if you want to curb that aspect. Otherwise, you're taking something away that a lot of people enjoy for no real reason.

TPE inflation is a really exaggerated concern at best.

• Senior Admin

I really don't think the fantasy leagues are a huge concern. You could just not give TPE to people who are inactive if you want to curb that aspect. Otherwise, you're taking something away that a lot of people enjoy for no real reason.

TPE inflation is a really exaggerated concern at best.

Yeah sterlings got my back you bums

Why settle so small? Then we can take away fan590s and then make point tasks worth 3 tpe. Then we can adjust the update scale to 5 tpe after 60. 

Well, we could actually increase the update scale at higher levels. Something like:

40-70 is the same

71-80 is the same

80-85 is 3 TPE

85-90 is 4 TPE

90-95 is 5 TPE

95-99 is 6 TPE

Well, we could actually increase the update scale at higher levels. Something like:

40-70 is the same

71-80 is the same

80-85 is 3 TPE

85-90 is 4 TPE

90-95 is 5 TPE

95-99 is 6 TPE

This is seriously all it would take, but no, let's just axe as many things as possible because the TEEPS ARE TOO DAMN HIGH!

I'd like to see the proof that TPE is too high. As I see it, we've just made things more fair for more people as opposed to a few people being elite like the old days. It's hard to have parity and not have more people earning high TPE levels.

why do you hate everything? get rid of point tasks!  to much TPE going around. just bugging you of course. 

Half of the people in the leagues just forget about them. What I tell people when fantasy league season roles around is "join a league, and you don't even have to anything if you don't want. You could still get multiple TPE." But my biggest concern is whenever we have two full leagues and another person wants to join, we always have to tell them they can't until enough people commit. It bugs me that people can be excluded from it.

But Fan590s and Point Tasks promote activity on the forum, so I would not suggest such activities.

I don't understand why people think making update scale is gunnar help with tpe infLatin. Either way your gunnar have the guys on top who do everything you can to gget tpe. And you'll still have tpe inflation upping the update scale just makes it harder for us who don't have as much time as you tpe whores