Official Movie Discussion

Devise

• Commissioner
45 minutes ago, gorlab said:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0368226/

thank me later

You can thank me actually: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0462485/

Honestly the Room isn't even a good bad movie IMO. It feels like it's taking itself too seriously while simultaneously being awful. Plus everyone knows it's awful at this point so there's barely any humor left.

Poultrygeist, on the other hand, is just delightful. Also massively offensive to everyone but that's okay.

I'm still a Sharknado guy. Plus birdemic. Gotta love the classics.

Anyone else watch John Wick 2? I'm pretty sure I jizzed myself multiple times during that. Keanu finally pulled off making a not-terrible sequel haha

2 hours ago, The Bread Man said:

I'm still a Sharknado guy. Plus birdemic. Gotta love the classics.

Anyone else watch John Wick 2? I'm pretty sure I jizzed myself multiple times during that. Keanu finally pulled off making a not-terrible sequel haha

I liked the first John Wick film, but I'm not really a fan of that kind of action movie where it's just shooting, killing. Although I thought the first movie was very well done and am a general fan of Keanu as an actor.

16 hours ago, Beketov said:

You can thank me actually: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0462485/

Honestly the Room isn't even a good bad movie IMO. It feels like it's taking itself too seriously while simultaneously being awful. Plus everyone knows it's awful at this point so there's barely any humor left.

Poultrygeist, on the other hand, is just delightful. Also massively offensive to everyone but that's okay.

There's like a negative chance I will watch a movie with the name Poultrygeist :mellow:

6 minutes ago, Higgins said:

I liked the first John Wick film, but I'm not really a fan of that kind of action movie where it's just shooting, killing. Although I thought the first movie was very well done and am a general fan of Keanu as an actor.

See, I do like that kinda movie. Maybe it's just because I'm brutal haha, but i just like the no nonsense stuff like that, instead of the over the top fast & furious blowing up helicopters and driving cars out of skyscrapers bs.

Also, the movie cinematography is awesome. I'm no film snob so I don't know much, but they don't use many jump cuts so you can actually tell what's going on, and when they do cut you can tell where they are. That way I can actually understand what's happening instead of taken having 15 cuts of him jumping a fence haha

5 minutes ago, The Bread Man said:

See, I do like that kinda movie. Maybe it's just because I'm brutal haha, but i just like the no nonsense stuff like that, instead of the over the top fast & furious blowing up helicopters and driving cars out of skyscrapers bs.

Also, the movie cinematography is awesome. I'm no film snob so I don't know much, but they don't use many jump cuts so you can actually tell what's going on, and when they do cut you can tell where they are. That way I can actually understand what's happening instead of taken having 15 cuts of him jumping a fence haha

I'd definately take John Wick any day of the week over Fast n Furious or Transformers etc. Wick is at least entertaining and more realistic :D

20 hours ago, Beketov said:

I think that's why it was so good, because it wasn't trying to be bad or silly. It's like the difference between watching Jackass or watching someone legitimately trying to skateboard well but just eating shit and quite possibly dying. As much as I like Jackass, I prefer the genuine fuck-ups, haha.

Listen, The Room isn't great. You people are just wrong. You are. I refuse to believe this many people think that thing is great. It's not funny, it tries WAY TOO FUCKING HARD. LIKE TRY HARD SO MUCH OMG LIKE SERIOUSLY Ugh. UGH! @Advantage and I watched some other Tommy Wisuea short film to completion what was it The Walls and Bleeding or something? It was so fucking bad. I mean not funny bad, just your sitting there wondering how someone not only hit play but looked at any shot afterwords and decided to release that product. 

Being self aware isn't in and of itself funny. Otherwise Adam Sandlers movies wouldn't suck fucking ass all the time to the extreme degree like they always have. 

Anyway I finally got around to seeing Snowpiercer, which I didn't realize was so much of an action movie haha. I enjoyed it, thought the ending was a bit...I would of liked to see some more resolution I guess but the story itself was so focused. Good film though, some underrated performances in that thing. John Hurt too, which you can never go wrong with. 

1 hour ago, Devise said:

Listen, The Room isn't great. You people are just wrong. You are. I refuse to believe this many people think that thing is great. It's not funny, it tries WAY TOO FUCKING HARD. LIKE TRY HARD SO MUCH OMG LIKE SERIOUSLY Ugh. UGH!

It's not trying to be funny though. At all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey.

Long time no chat.

For the Canadians, there are a few days left to see this thingy in theatres.

It's the first feature I've worked on.

Go check it out. ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Head Moderator

Wonder Woman is the first DC superhero movie I think was done really well (other than the first Christian Bale Batman). They really made it more entertaining with the fight sequences and damnnnn GG is so beautiful.