Pitch My Recreate

Gustav

What's up @VHLM GM! I'm recreating next week, and I'm sure you know that, thanks to the new waiver system, I have the chance to play anywhere I want.

The trouble with that, though, is that I don't want any of you to feel as though I'm picking favorites or screwing someone over by going a certain way. As commissioner, I want to be as fair as possible.

Something that's just as contentious as recreates choosing to play in places that appeal to them (could you imagine?) is the sentiment that, under the current waiver system, GMs lose a little bit of their own personalities and can't communicate as directly with new players--sacrificing a little creative edge for something that's otherwise been fairly convenient and taken the load off. It's with those old feelings in mind that I'm inviting you to make a pitch in this thread to my upcoming player (who's going to be on defense, if you're wondering).

I'm not asking to be worshipped or begged here; just give me the no-BS rundown of why your team will be the right landing spot for me next week. You can give me any reasons you'd like (and being creative in the right ways could be a bonus), but I'm mostly looking for solid reasoning as to what should make me want to click your button. What will I get as a player? Do you have any special first-gens I should get to know? Why will I enjoy interacting with your team? 

I'll likely go with whoever I think is most convincing, so convince away if you'd like! I'll show you pretty soon where hard work and honesty can pay off.

Well Philly lr have the best emotes of course, we are 1st in the standings so we kinda good I guess even with vsn doing some weiird math to put us like 8 on there power rankings. We also have 5 Jinns who are the rarest kind of vhl player you can catch SO like @Alex  #DontBeSillyComeToPhilly

Las Vegas has bolstered the best offense in the VHLM for the last two seasons, but has struggled greatly with defense and keeping pucks out of our own net. Most of the people on the Aces are either close friends or family (no joke, they're almost all my referrals LOL) so we all got really good chemistry. All in all, I think your dman would be a great addition to the Aces if you considered us! :veg: 🙌

Ottawa has strong underdog potential, and with your claiming, you'd definitely be logging some good minutes. Defense has been the weakest link on this team and with you as an addition we could very well be a top team. I feel like I've always had success maximizing the defensive potential of a roster. With an already good offense, I'd wager we'd be nigh unstoppable.

Oh, mighty GustavMattias, virtuoso of the ice, we beseech your unparalleled prowess to grace our humble hockey team with your unparalleled skills. Your name resonates like a hymn in the rinks, echoing tales of unmatched finesse and unrivaled victories. We stand in awe of your sublime talent, envisioning the glory and triumph that would surely follow your esteemed presence on our team.

With the grace of a figure skater and the power of a thunderous slap shot, you are the embodiment of hockey excellence. Your stick dances on the puck like a maestro conducting a symphony, leaving opponents in awe and teammates in utter admiration. The very thought of your joining our ranks ignites a fervent flame of hope, as we envision the victories and championships that could be within our grasp.

Oh, GustavMattias, we kneel before you, our hearts entwined with the blades you masterfully glide upon. We implore you, with the utmost sincerity and humility, to consider gracing our team with your celestial talent. Join us on this journey, and together, let us etch a legacy of triumph on the icy canvas of the hockey arena. We await your benevolent response, oh hockey deity, with bated breath and unwavering devotion.

1 hour ago, Garsh said:

Pitching is a baseball thing, hit up the PBE

WOOOO RANANATION

Saskatoon would welcome your new player with open arms. The culture in the locker room is building quite nicely and as of late the team is turning a corner and starting to show they can compete. We have  great group of new to the league members on our team and having your player join that group would not only be beneficial for yourself but would be greatly beneficial to them as well. 

There is plenty of opportunity for your player to move up the line up but with as many new active players as we have, you would be a supportive role and added depth to the team to help us make a push during the playoffs. Did I mention we have a Berocka!?!? 

Goodluck wherever you end up deciding to live in Saskatoon and enjoy all the Forum Content we have to offer.

1 hour ago, Enorama said:

Oh, mighty GustavMattias, virtuoso of the ice, we beseech your unparalleled prowess to grace our humble hockey team with your unparalleled skills. Your name resonates like a hymn in the rinks, echoing tales of unmatched finesse and unrivaled victories. We stand in awe of your sublime talent, envisioning the glory and triumph that would surely follow your esteemed presence on our team.

With the grace of a figure skater and the power of a thunderous slap shot, you are the embodiment of hockey excellence. Your stick dances on the puck like a maestro conducting a symphony, leaving opponents in awe and teammates in utter admiration. The very thought of your joining our ranks ignites a fervent flame of hope, as we envision the victories and championships that could be within our grasp.

Oh, GustavMattias, we kneel before you, our hearts entwined with the blades you masterfully glide upon. We implore you, with the utmost sincerity and humility, to consider gracing our team with your celestial talent. Join us on this journey, and together, let us etch a legacy of triumph on the icy canvas of the hockey arena. We await your benevolent response, oh hockey deity, with bated breath and unwavering devotion.

I don’t even need to run this through the AI detector to know smh

10 minutes ago, Spartan said:

This man really got rid of waiver pitches and asked to be waiver pitched smh

Damn right. Forum content for me not for thee

On Halifax you'd literally start on the first line in front of a good goalie and a great FWD core. Plus we have an all-star locker room this season, and you've never played for Halifax is memory serves correct

2 hours ago, Spartan said:

This man really got rid of waiver pitches and asked to be waiver pitched smh

Just like the good ol days 😤

8 hours ago, Enorama said:

what team is that I would join you 

8 hours ago, Enorama said:

Sad Bounty Hunter GIF by DefyTV

San Diego is a great city home of a great team. 2nd in the league but slowly falling due to our defensive troubles at the moment. A bunch of recreates and a few 1st gens by the names of: Adam, and the entire defence core who are all ready to grow and develop and have been doing so. With a nasty 2nd line on the forwards and some good developing defensemen you would slot right onto our 2nd defence line.

Here at San Diego we hope you enjoy wherever you choose to go. Just remember Marlins always stay together. 

Edited by Mysterious_Fish

Listen... I want a Founder's Cup. You want a Founder's Cup. Champions have good defense. I need more defense. You're a defenseman. I'm gonna put this $1.5m offer on the table here. Let's team up and bring Miami home a Cup.

11 hours ago, Gustav said:

don’t even need to run this through the AI detector to know smh

Virtuoso is a part of my regular vernacular tyvm 

Recreate Rules

1) You can't just be up there and just doin' a recreate like that.

1a. A recreate is when you

1b. Okay well listen. A recreate is when you recreate the

1c. Let me start over

1c-a. The user is not allowed to do a motion to the, uh, GMs, that prohibits the GMs from doing, you know, just trying to sign the player. You can't do that.

1c-b. Once the user is in the stretch, he can't be over here and say to the GMs, like, "I'm gonna sign for ya! I'm gonna play for your team! You better watch your butt!" and then just be like he didn't even do that.

1c-b(1). Like, if you're about to sign and then don't sign, you have to still sign. You cannot not sign. Does that make any sense?

1c-b(2). You gotta be, signing motion of the contract, and then, until you just sign it.

1c-b(2)-a. Okay, well, you can have the signing up here, like this, but then there's the recreating you gotta think about.

1c-b(2)-b. Gustav hasn't had a defenceman recreate in forever. I hope he wasn't typecast as that one guy that only cares about stat padding.

1c-b(2)-b(i). Oh wait, he's on the Board of Governors too! That's even worse.

1c-b(2)-b(ii). "delete the E" -- Gustav Mattias, "BoG." Haha, classic...

1c-b(3). Okay seriously though. A recreate is when the user makes a movement that, as determined by, when you do a move involving the signing and field of

2) Do not do a recreate please.