VSN Presents: VHL`s Future Watch: S93 Top 10 Rookie Ranking (Preseason rankings)

Who will win the Christian Stolzschweiger Trophy this season?  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

RMh8Il0.jpeg

Graphic created by @Triller

Welcome back to a new season in the VHL and last season we had twenty-six rookies start their careers. With a great three-way battle for the Christian Stolzschweiger Trophy handed to the best overall rookie at the season end. This season we have twenty-three rookies looking to make a name for themselves and have a impact in the VHL. Here once again I will try to determine rank the Top 10 Rookies that I feel have a chance at winning this award. So, lets get one with it!!

10th

(S90) C - Eno Velvson @Nykonax

7w9f2U9.png

A bit older rookie as season 90 drafted player but in the past this has helped rookies as they have matured nicely in the VHLE and Velvson should be very similar as he has maintained a point per game pace but the biggest question mark is can this player develop as fast as the others on the list; that I am not sure but if he can maintain a pace per game like he has in other league he will move up this list and see his name at least nominated at the end of the season.  

9th

(S92) LW - Kimi Raikkonen @mattyIceman

7w9f2U9.png

Finds himself in similar situation as his team mate but much younger as season 92 draft pick so has a ton more upside, which has him placed one slot higher but lack of offensive ability at the moment has some scouts wondering if this player will stay on the list with such a strong honorable mention list. Time will tell if he has more offensive game than the scouts suggest and if he can keep up his development to stay on the list.

8th

(S92) G - Giorgiy Costanzov @Mongoose87

sEkoclV.png

Giorgiy Costanzov is one of four goaltenders that will make the rookie debut this season but should have the biggest impact for his team as he starts the season likely sharing duties with Justin Lion @Emperor_Fun but it won`t be long before he claims the net full time. As he goes so likely does the Bears chances to make the playoff this season; no pressure for a rookie right!! I also expect to see him move up this list as the season progresses but is still a long short for the Christian Stolzschweiger Trophy but that could change if Seattle remains in the hunt.

7th

(S92) D - Vlad Von Carstein @Dom

7NXO7mc.png

One of what should be a few Wolves on this list is my guess as the sixth overall pick by Vancouver could quickly move up this list but overall concern similar to Raikkonen @mattyIceman about his offensive game has scout having placed lower on the list than most would expect. Von Carstein has been a point per game player in the minors and if he gets anywhere close to those numbers as rookie in the VHL than he will rocket up this list quickly. His defensive partner might also add him depending on who is get paired with as Vancouver still have Liv Slater @Subject056 in jail after winning a few awards last season and should make whoever she is paired with better.

6th

(S92) LW - Adi Dassler @BOOM

MXuqhUu.png

Very tough ask for this rookie since Dassler was traded for last season Christian Stolzschweiger Trophy winner Grimgor Ironhide @FrostBeard so start the season on the back foot and ton of eyes judging to see if this was a correct move by the Titans. Dassler is a balanced player that slightly leans towards the offensive zone but at the moment seems to lack that wow factor; add in the fact that Dassler struggled last season in VHLE at under a point per game pace leaves most scout wondering what this player will become. Dassler does have the benefit of playing with Super-star Daryl Dixon @Ricer13, if slotted directly into Ironhide slot in the line up. Will be interesting to see if they can duplicate what Ironhide did last season or anything similar.

5th

(S91) C - Theo Allard @InstantRockstar

0beFNki.png

I feel that Theo Allard is a bit under the radar pick and has the nice benefit of joining the defending Champions in the D.C. Dragons but again as an older rookie that struggled his first season in the VHLE putting up only 43pts about half a point per game pace until Allard bounced back with a strong second season in the VHLE instead of moving up to the VHL with the Dragons by posting 83pts season campaign. So, What player are we going to see? The offensive player that the Dragons thought the drafted at 10th overall or the VHLE player that struggled. Luckily for Allard he has benefit of joining an offensive veteran line-up that should aid him in adapting to the VHL this season.

4th

(S92) D - Guntis Gavilrovs @Girts

7NXO7mc.png

Finally the second of what I was expecting to be many of the Vancouver Wolves rookies make an appearance and this one is an interesting case since Guntis Gavilrovs is more of a defensive defenceman that has put up a point per game pace in the minors that seen Vancouver draft this giant of a defender at 7th overall in season ninety-two. Not to mention ability to throw around his 6’8” frame to punish the opposing forwards. It will be hard to judge this player since hits and shots blocked are more likely be this players main stat lines but if he can find the same touch as he had in the minors than he could easily find himself higher on this list.

3rd

(S92) RW - Riley Martin @Smarch

7NXO7mc.png

The 6’2” American forward has all the skill set to score a ton of goals as he showed last season in the VHLE scoring an impressive thirty-two. Vancouver has an interesting problem after trading for a veteran forwards but one I don`t think they hate too much in the fact that they need to try to integrate their rookies into the line-up will giving them enough ice time to continue to develop. Depending on placement within the Vancouver line-up will determine if Martin has real chance at the Christian Stolzschweiger Trophy by season end. Issue might also be with Rookies taking points off each other in Vancouver or they could also lift each other up. We will see what happens.

2nd

(S92) C - George Richmond @badcolethetitan

8gziSIs.png

Another big American at 6’6” in George Richmond ranks in at second to start the season and will look to bring his offensive tough to the VHL as similar to Riley Martin @Smarch has the skill set to score a ton of goals also scoring thirty-two last season but Richmond at the moment is more of two way power forward, which gives him a slight edge in the rankings. Not 100% sure where Richmond slot into a young and fast improving Menace team but it will likely see him start on the wing as Axle Gunner @Steve and Jarmo Ruutu @jRuutu seem to have the center positions locked down. So how will the young American transition to the wing is one of the biggest questions entering the season. Not to mention who will his line mates be? Either way clearly one of the favorites for the Christian Stolzschweiger Trophy to start the season.  

1st

(S92) RW - Logan Ninefingers @Scurvy

7NXO7mc.png

A lot of eyes on Vancouver this season due to the 1st overall pick in season ninety-two all but set to break into the league with the Wolves this season but it is also coming on the back of what some might consider a down season in the VHLE with only a point per game pace after lighting up the VHLM for 152pts, yup, that isn`t a typo!! Most have a ton of expectations that Ninefingers might easily claim this trophy but he will need to find his spot in what is a much improved Vancouver line-up. Likely Ninefingers will line-up long side fellow rookies Mikko Borisyuk @Minebro and Riley Martin @Smarch to at least start the season. If this trio struggle expect them to move around the line-up to be insulated by the veteran players in Larry Abass Jr @RileyL, Left Alone @okochastar and Sunglasses Joyo @JetsGoalie101, the whole reason why Vancouver brought these players in during the off-season.

Honorable Mentions:

(S89) C - Mikko Borisyuk @Minebro– Vancouver Wolves

(S89) LW - Chris Sanzone @handfullofbubba – Prague Phantoms

(S92) D - Karol Lamb @dlamb – Chicago Phoenix

(S91) LW - Behrens Minion @UnknownMinion– Warsaw Predators

(S91) LW - Isaac mclflopper @sportexperts show– Helsinki Titans

(S91) RW - Bryce Woodworth @SirRupertBarnes- Chicago Phoenix

Final Thoughts:

It should be another interesting race this season and since the season has started already, I know that some of these players have had amazing starts to their rookie season and well, some have rather struggled at the start. As mentioned at the end of last season I will cover Christian Stolzschweiger Trophy race every twenty-four games or so and I expect to see another surprise player jump up and grab the award like Ironhide did last season as Ironhide moved up from 6th on my first ranking last season to finish 2nd by the end of the season but was my pick to win the Christian Stolzschweiger Trophy as did the league.

So who will win the Christian Stolzschweiger Trophy this season?