Stockholm Announcing new Co-GM

boubabi

Stockholm is proud to announce that @jack is the new co-gm of the franchise and will officially be name GM of Stockholm at the end of Karnage's career. Therefore, the official transition will be done at the end of S49 or whenever Lord Karnage is traded to another team.

Good luck in the GM game @jack

:cheers: 

oh. last year... well regardless decent tenure boubs!! ... you raped a couple of trades and tried hard to shake the stigma that is vasteras... but rejoice... for stockholm will always be vasteras... and sometimes madrid. 

1 minute ago, Kendrick said:

He'll probably still give up a 2nd.

Jack's retirement and GM naming was all in the same deadline week (or at least was supposed to have been, but there was annoying detail snag), so he won't have to give up anything. Which SHOULD NOT BE AN ISSUE. If he was named GM on a Tuesday and retired Sunday that same week, no one would have batted an eye. The fact that it happened the other way around (rather, was supposed to but was delayed), really shouldn't make much of a difference.

Not to mention, he could still legally unretire even right now, if that would make people feel better. But it shouldn't because that's just an unnecessary headache. The fact that this wasn't done last week was already a headache, and I'm just glad it was done before the deadline. I really don't want an uprising about something stupid like this, because that will only end in us "unretiring" Jeltz for one second, making this perfectly legal by every standard we've ever followed, but cutting his TPE by 25% for no reason at all, just to appease a room full of complainers. It's stupid and unnecessary and I don't want to do it. This GM succession was fine. Everything is fine. Please no one make us do that.

I wonder how @Gooningitup feels about Stockholm getting their GM for free when he had to give up a high 1st for himself. Still makes absolutely no sense to me, especially since Stockholm will now be able to trade Boubabi for a good pick if they desire. So Davos GM succession = -1 1st rounder, while Stockholm succession = +1 1st rounder.

21 hours ago, eaglesfan036 said:

I wonder how @Gooningitup feels about Stockholm getting their GM for free when he had to give up a high 1st for himself. Still makes absolutely no sense to me, especially since Stockholm will now be able to trade Boubabi for a good pick if they desire. So Davos GM succession = -1 1st rounder, while Stockholm succession = +1 1st rounder.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. Jack was named GM of Stockholm. Boubabi is helping him out for a season or two. What is the fucking big deal? How is it any different than how 95% of league GM switches have always worked? If AIM-11 was active and you named him GM, his player would automatically go to Calgary when he re-created. Would have that been an issue?

I'm hiring Solas then and I'll give him the job in a couple seasons 

You're just opening up a loop hole you don't have to. Jack is the GM now and boubabi can help him but is not the GM 

Edited by gregreg