Should I Step Down.

Gooningitup

Should i Step down  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In 5 season, i took Davos to the cup. Once, the playoffs 4 times. For some reason people think i have stopped trying. In S51 i started the rebuild after taking a core no one liked KingRobbie and Da Trifecta to a cup final. Almost winning on 7 games, winning GM of the year award.

Next year i had to rebuild, part to retirement and part to, players wishing to move on to teams with friends. So i aquired the S51 1st, 2nd and 3rd overall pick. The 3rd was always a risk i knew it but i tried. Skye and Jelen were supposed to be my core. 1 season in Jelen disapeared i tried reaching him many times in SHL he never came back.

Leaving me only Skye, with no picks i did the same thing i did the previous offseason. Throw money at every active free agent possible. They all went to North America. 

So i was left to fend, i turned down a few offer that would have made me a contender in a weak Euro for long term gain. 

S53 i decided it was time to start fresh, i moved Skye for 2 2nds in a somewhat deep draft by VHL standards. I drafted who i hoped would be my goalie of the future in Mist4ke. 

Thats when i got something that really hurt me, despite overcoming the odds of two hated members on the same team and bringing them almost to a cup 2 seasons after i fully took over. With a roster that had been abandoned by 2 GMs previous. Ive had alot of hateful things said by members in trade threads. Always doubted, despite bleeding purple and doing everything i can to win and build a fun place to be. Yet here was a member insulting my GM tenure, calling it a dump. From what ive heard hes even considering retirement.

This disapoints me, hurts me even. The only reason i come here every day is because i love being a GM. Its been a tough two seasons, waiting to really become something again. But if the league feels i should step down i will. This likely means i disapear from the league, as its what drives me but if thats what is hurting this franchise i will do whats best for it and step down.

Edited by Gooningitup

In my opinion, stick with it. Making playoffs is bogus in a weak conference year after year and the cup run was a miracle on ice, however, you're a determined GM who evidently has passion and that's exactly what we need leading these teams. If your players are doubting you, work your ass off to show them reasons to believe in you - to not doubt you. Sit yourself down, look at your roster, assets and then look for a path for your organization to take and commit to it. It may lead you somewhere great, somewhere good or shit. Follow the path though. Get a vision and take the team there.

I do not think much great has come from your tenure aside from the one season. However, a fair amount of this is due to poor luck and maybe inexperience. I got a decent taste in a previous league, as well as 5 or so seasons in the VHLM prior to stepping up. If you enjoy GMing and think you can do good for the organization, why would you step down? There will always be people who criticize your moves, what you do, what you say etc. Don't take it personal. Ignore it if it's from the same old followers who tend to follow you, or learn if it's worthy of such.

You have a player who is unhappy and doubtful in your organization and leadership. You can give up and leave something you really enjoy and have passion for - OR, you can give him a reason to be happy and believe in your leadership. The jobs not easy, but your passion shows you're a good GM. I'd play for you!

I say take it up a notch, find a vision for the team and roll with it! Best of luck, mate :cheers: 

Edited by Banackock

For what it's worth I was planning to apologize for the things I said. I do think the team is in a trash situation, but I'd like to see it get better. Any talk of me retiring is not true, but whether or not I stick around after my rookie contract is another question. I have had plans to be a free agent every season with my goalie long before I even created him, and I have been public about that. I'll have more to say to you after work this morning. 

you were great when i was there, im sorry we couldnt win a cup together. but with everyone wanting t move on from Davos i had no choice but to move on too because i wanted a cup with my best player ever. if we had won a cup i would have stuck around and would have gladly been a trade chip for you or even something to build around, you are a great guy i hope you stick around. if you ever draft my 2nd guy i will stick around for the long term ;)

I think you should keep on going. Even though I only played in Davos for one season before the retirement, I enjoyed my time there.

There is not much you can do when the people who you drafted go inactive, if the drafts are weaker around the same time, you might not find a replacement just like that. Free agency is a option, but cant really build with that either when people run around the league and hop from team to team.

You are not a wizard or a mind reader, if the players you have don´t put any effort in making it a positive experience for everybody and talk to you if there is something that concerns them,  they should perhaps tone down the criticism little bit. From what I can remember, everything worked just fine during the time I was there. Few not so good drafts can knock the wind out of your rebuild quite nicely.

If you still enjoy being a GM, stay and fight is what I say ;) 

Take these people on this site with a grain of salt. From my experience here off and on since season 1, we have a lot of members that suffer from mental diseases and tend to make mountains out of molehills with stuff they don't agree or appreciate. 

Brush them off and keep on doing what your doing. 

4 hours ago, Smarch said:

Take these people on this site with a grain of salt. From my experience here off and on since season 1, we have a lot of members that suffer from mental diseases and tend to make mountains out of molehills with stuff they don't agree or appreciate. 

Brush them off and keep on doing what your doing. 

Shit he's onto us. 

You should stay on.

To a degree, I can understand why someone may look at the Davos situation and think that you "stopped trying". In terms of posting outside of updates and transactions, you are probably the most reserved GM in the league (not a criticism, I've seen similar GMs go on to have great success), so when you combine that with having the same roster and picks the last couple of seasons, I could see why someone on the outside would wonder what was going on with the team. 

In reality though, you were very unfortunate with the way the draft classes pannned out. Having the first draft class after you begin your rebuild only having one player still active to this point after only two seasons and having already traded your S52 picks to compete in S50, I guess there wasn't really that much you could do. At least now you have a good young prospect in Mist4ke along with picks in considerably better draft classes than S51 so that you can build the team up in your vision.