Official Drunk/High Thread

JardyB10

I drink a lot. Maybe not Jardy a lot. But over the past week and a half I've consumed 5 bottles of wine and over 50 beer.

Granted it's all in pace. However there hasn't been a single night in the last 13 days where I haven't at least drank half a bottle of wine or 4 beers. I've worked tons of those days as well. I don't know. I always want to drink to pair with something. Merlot goes great with red meat and I eat a lot of steak, so I've had some great merlot with steak. And with hockey season back I always want to be drinking beer when I watch a hockey game, it just feels right. 

Does all this make me an alcoholic? Granted I've drank a bottle of wine tonight (I had an excellent steak with finely cut baked potatoes and cheese, a recipe recommended to me by one and only Pavel Koradek!)  

Nope.

But white wine > red wine IMO.

Depends on the occasion. Certain types of white wine are great for hanging out, board games, snacks. But red wine is a great dinner wine. Merlot for red meat. Cabernet for pork/chicken or other. 

Depends on the occasion. Certain types of white wine are great for hanging out, board games, snacks. But red wine is a great dinner wine. Merlot for red meat. Cabernet for pork/chicken or other. 

Technically you're supposed to drink whites with light meat like chicken and fish and etc.  Helps break down the oils or some crazy science shit like that.  Ditto for reds and darker proteinier meats like your steak.

Oh, I don't know about that... In my neck of the woods, the Wine Rack is the source of alcohol with the longest hours. I don't particularly like it, but I have been known to down entire bottles in very short amounts of time and then proceed to have incredible, messed up nights.  

On nights like those, white is definitely the only answer. I can't upend a bottle of red. 

Oh, I don't know about that... In my neck of the woods, the Wine Rack is the source of alcohol with the longest hours. I don't particularly like it, but I have been known to down entire bottles in very short amounts of time and then proceed to have incredible, messed up nights.  

On nights like those, white is definitely the only answer. I can't upend a bottle of red. 

Them litre bottles of Sola. That shit is a slow death. 

That video has Bob Marley as the artist, and then proceeds to put the actual artist in brackets as if they're associated beyond being reggae.  This causes me to cringe more than it should.  Like, are they trying to suggest Marley was a part of UB-40?  Or that he was the original artist?  Like, Jesus.

• 4 weeks later...