Claimed: Favorite VHL Memories

Favorite VHL Memories

Image result for old man

@Victor

I first joined this league in May of my Freshman year of high school, which if my calculations are correct means we have been in the VHL since 2012, or 5 years. Is that correct @Fire Hakstol, has it really been 5 years? That is crazy. I remember when Flyersfan first introduced me to the league, I thought the concept of writing papers to upgrade my player was stupid because I thought my 2 page papers at the time were too much (while college now has 20 page papers :( ). I quit for a while, but eventually came back, and I think GMing has been the big thing that has kept me around. Now time for me to ramble about some of my favorite memories.

1) Yukon Rush GM

This might have been the peak of my activity on this website. I like to think I did a great job as VHLM GM, as I was on this board for hours a day and always posted in the locker room and chatted up my new members. I drafted @Will and got to know him before he became popular, and got to troll people with @Munk. In addition, I spammed "Yukon 2 gud" across the boards, a phrase you still hear today from my spam in the Season 30s. I won a lot and hope that I did a good job developing my prospects, and I know I had a great time. I also had a great time with @BOOM as my co-GM! Miss having that guy around.

2) Being on Riga with @Mike, Flyersfan, and Jaime

Mike was a really funny guy, and should really come back. I miss spamming him in chat, and spamming the Riga locker room with giraffes. Jaime was a great sassy young lady. And it was fun to get to play on the same team as my brother for a while. I enjoyed when we all finally won our cup together. Also, I thought it was funny way back when I lost the cup with Riga against New York, then got traded to New York and lost the cup to Riga.

3) VHLM Commish

It eventually came to wear me out after a while, but I think I was a VHLM commish for at least one and a half years, and overall had a great experience with it. @Smarch and @Fire Hakstol were great side kicks for this gig. I hope that my activity made the VHLM a better place, and all this talk of the VHLM sucking now saddens me. I hope we can come up with a solution to make the VHLM great again.

4) Winning the cup with Calgary in S44

This one might be my favorite. The trash talk between @Ball and me vs. @The Trollfecta and whatever ridiculous name Brovy has now. Also @CowboyinAmerica  WinGod being WinGod (and being a better goalie than DT might I add). Then also the lols that happened when I went full Wrangler bias on voting awards the one year. That was a great squad, @Jala and @Caillean as well!

Thanks for providing me with lots of fun VHL!

Image result for victory hockey league

Also now a long list of short things:

Long trade negotiations with @boubabi but never actually making a trade

Chatting with @Phil and calling him phil nye the science guy

having @Tylar randomly message me and say "rude"

When @Jala screwed @boubabi out of picks

When @Devise and co started their "gentleman" thing when they were all MR. Power and stuff

When @Victor banned me for a day cause I always post my xm radios in the vhl radio section

6 hours ago, YEAH!stlemania said:

My favourite moment was when Encarnacion beat up noted pacifist Tom Slaughter in the sim after @sterling had posted a thread calling Encarnacion a pussy in response to me making a thread calling Slaughter a pussy for not PIMing. 

You didn't beat Tom up you pussy, it was a no decision (which proved my point)

2 hours ago, sterling said:

You didn't beat Tom up you pussy, it was a no decision (which proved my point)

Edwin Encarnacion beats up Tom Slaughter at 4:34 of 3rd period
Edwin Encarnacion ejected from game at 4:34 of 3rd period