Season 56 Quebec and Davos Finals Preview [1/2]

Frank

:que: Quebec City Meute :que:

VS.

:dav: HC Davos Dynamo :dav:

Season 56 VHL Finals Preview

Image result for colorado avalanche la kings

Rusty Trombone tries a rap around on Apollo Skye during the Season 56 Regular Season. 

Regular Season Match-Up

In the regular season Davos took the series 5-3 with two of their victories coming in a shootout win and over time win. All regular season wins were quite lopsided for both sides. The Meute owned the Dynamo early on and then even before the acquisition of Petenis, Davos seemed to turn things around. With the acquisition of Petenis, Davos looks to have the depth to over power the quality of players the Meute possess. 

@hedgehog337 @JardyB10 @Smarch @jRuutu @tfong @Will @Green @Strtlght @solas @Bushito @TheLastOlympian07 @Pablo @Ahma @BOOM

Key Head to Head Match-Up

5Zeqqed.png
One of the two goalies will be hoisting the cup shortly. @Velevra @STZ 

Right now I'm predicting that the goalies will be the deciding factor in the series. Both goalies are practically the same age and same TPE level. Both are franchise goalies in their primes who have had ups and downs but can be regularly counted on to steal their team wins. Apollo Skye currently boasts the best goalie stats in the playoffs with Degrath following closely behind. Degrath has played more games but over came the offensive catalysts on the Riga Reign.

Who do you think will have the higher save percentage at the end of the series?  (reply below for the fun of it)

Line Up Comparisons

Meute

Forwards

Pietro Maximoff - Lukas Muller - Pierre Gaudette

John Locke - Fook Yu

Defense 

Fabio Jokinen - Hudson Abbott

Goalie(s)

Apollo Skye

Dynamo

Forwards

Rusty Trombone - Shawn Gretzky - Diana Maxwell

Motherfucker Sharpe - Peter Quill -Takashi Fujimoto

Defense 

Lee King Snatch - Diego Jokinen

Pablo - Guntis Petenis

Grigory Kopraikov

Goalie(s)

Rhett Degrath

Just by comparing the rosters above the depth on Davos is substantial. Quebec has the higher TPE earners based off mean. But Fujimoto, Gretzky, Trombone and Sharpe are all hovering around that 500 TPE sweet spot. I think Davos might be too much for Quebec to handle if they take penalties, once the CPU's play their minutes that will be advantage Davos. Looking at player overalls, Quebec again boasts higher overalls. I think the Dynamo depth will be too much to over come though as we've seen with New York after their two cup wins, star power doesn't always win cups. The Meute took them down far sooner then I thought they would. 

What Past Series Have Told Us?

Absolutely nothing. If the Season 43 Seattle Bears can win anyone can @DollarAndADream can agree with me on this. STHS tends to be a bit random in the post season. After all Felix Savard is currently the leading scorer. Last season Quebec lost to Helsinki in the finals even though they boasted a better regular season record. This season Riga lost to Davos after boasting a inferior regular season record. What does all this mean? I have no fucking clue. So this should be a fun series and hopefully a close one that does it justice. 

Series prediction is Davos in 7 Games, I think their depth and even goaltending will be our (the Meute's) demise. 

Good luck to everyone involved! :cheers:

For Gaudette

Edited by Frank

4 minutes ago, Frank said:

Depends what skin ur using.  :3

The proper black skin! I also was using the original black draft skin for way too long, before I realized there was a refined VHL anniversary version.

• TheLastOlympian07 changed the title to Season 56 Quebec and Davos Finals Preview [1/2]

Review

Hindsight is 20/20 and I think you Frank played the good reverse psychology game. Said we would win so they would win. Clever. Anyway, great article although I am not sure whats going on with the formatting near the end. Other than that it was a good insight at both team's strengths and weaknesses heading into the series. Hopefully this all changes coming into this season with Calgary vs Quebec ;) if not next season