Beketov 16K Post Party! [1/2]

Beketov

• Commissioner

Post party time! Been awhile since we've had one of these and I've never been the best at them in the first place so I'm probably not the best person to bring them back but whatever, here we are, so let's get going.

----------

@hedgehog337

qnLsbKw.png

I'm trying to recall if I ever ever been on a team with you, it's been so long that I'm uncertain. Either way you're a great member of the league and a great GM. You really turned Riga around in a hurry. I felt bad about not going there with Holik and do want you to know that had NY not made the deals to grab me I would have likely retired as a member of the Reign.

@Phil

phil31.gif

Ah Phil, what more can I say about you that I haven't said before? Such a great asset to the league and always there to offer some CoDCast questions. As I said in an episode a little while ago, I think you would make an excellent GM even if you never actually want the job. Also, you were instrumental in at least 2/3 of my #Bek campaigns so I thank you for that. Get back to full activity, kay?

@Ahma

djvhl.png

You need to get back to your full activity levels ASAP. You were always a great community member. Would love to see that fire come back again. Legit, you come back to activity and I'll write way more about you. Seem fair?

@Bring Back Chat

luRltJ1.png

One of my favourite seasons in the VHL was my year in Calgary with Miller and that was because of you. Can't thank you enough for bringing me on board with that great group of guys. The process may confuse me now but god damn did it ever work then. Also, I promise, we are trying to bring chat back.

@Beaviss

image.png.d2a0d53313d4683f3a15325c4c9cb9

I've said it before and I'll say it again. You're one of the best new members we have gotten in a long time; along with a few others right now. Keep up the kind of drive you have had in the first few months here and I see you going a long way in the league. Being inducted as a builder feels amazing, trust me. I say that because I can see you getting there one day. Also, you're approaching 1000 posts, so I nominate you for the next post party.

@Bushito

6X4Mxt9.png

I'll admit, I wasn't the biggest fan of your GM appointment because we have butted heads a bit in other sites but you're proving my assumptions about you wrong. Your activity level has been great and you've been pulling the Vikings back up. Not sure how I feel about the possibility of Vasteras returning again but hey, it's fun discussion at least.

@Banackock

K9GPQYr.png

You gave me some of my best chances at a cup with Holik and I damn well know you felt bad about us not winning it. It's not often I have seen GM's here have such faith in their teams and take losses quite so personally. You believed in every single one of us and I assure you that I felt just as bad letting you down as you did letting the team down. You were a great GM and I hope I get a chance to play for you again someday. Also, keep the ideas flowing! they are wonderful discussion.

@Green

4QcG0iw.png

I've always joked that Miller could have been amazing if not for O'Malley running the league while he was around. You've managed to build some of the best players in the league with a consistency that's honestly rather scary; even this time around while being on welfare. You've always been an inspiration as far as your layers are concerned, if not a bit of a thorn in my side, and honestly I'm not sure anyone else but you has a shot at hitting the old records.

@Spade18

azCWdEW.png

You're another of our newer members but no less welcome than Beaviss a bit up there. I've been in this league for 10 years so I may not always notice all the new members but I have definitely taken notice of you, specifically your ideas and work ethic. Don't lose those things. They are what can make you great.

@tfong

q6NAVg3.png

Our resident welfare based asian! You have brought a lot to the VHL over the years. Not only being such a big advocating for welfare rights but also major VHLM changes back in the day if I remember correctly. Even without your Kanou level of activity you've always managed to make solid players; with two awards to your name if I'm not mistaken, and you've been a great precedes for a long time now.

@Devise

Drnmgo3.png

My new partner in crime! There was no one else I would have rather seen get a commish spot alongside me and honestly no one else I would have been okay losing it to. You've given a lot to the VHL over the years and I can see the insane amount of fire you once had burning back up again. You're the exact kind of member the VHL needs more of. Also, just to throw it in there, I will not forget what you did for me with Holik. You gave me a solid chance at a cup when no one else would. I truly feel like I may have ruined your shot at the threepeat but I still appreciate you having enough faith in me to not only run with 1 defenseman but also bench yourself.

@ADV

6XYGxvd.jpg

I'll admit, I always confuse you and STZ, don't ask me why. I was very glad to see you come to Toronto to be my D pairing with Sokolov and I always look forward to your insight on things with the Pajodcast. If I'm not mistaken you have the most wins ever as a GM (or is it most top GM awards?) as well which is pretty impressive. Even if I'm wrong you've been a hell of a GM several times. I wish you could have found more success with Stockholm; you deserved it.

@boubabi

redphoenix.gif

We butt heads sometimes, it happens with all members, but at the end of the day you're probably the best GFX guy we have ever had around. Logos, skinning, cutting, banners, the whole nine yards. It makes GFX contests a little dull but you keep the whole community on it's toes.

@Corco

SdDNr8Z.png

I'll admit, I haven't talked to you over the years as much as I would like. I know you have a pretty thankless job as backup simmer and didn't get nearly enough recognition for how much you did with the anniversary tournament. It always amazes me to find how many things you do behind the scenes that don't necessarily get noticed but are always vital.

@KGR

2vjemhw.jpg

First off, damn you for making my last couple of season's with Holik more stressful. I'll admit you made many of us eat our words with your second season with Moon and I wouldn't have dared vote anyone else for most improved. Second, you somehow manage to be the perfect troll that I can argue with but not completely hate. I don't and probably never will understand how you do it.

@TheLastOlympian07

Gretzky.png

You are probably the most under the radar early member we have. Everyone thinks of myself and Sterling and Kendrick but here you have been for so long just cruising by with decent; if never quite spectacular, players. I was really hoping Toronto was going to pick you up this off-season but alas Calgary beat us to the punch. Honestly if you apply yourself a bit more I think you'll find the league very willing to give you as much responsibility as you want. You have more respect around here than I think you realize.

@BOOM

boomer.gif

You have brought more tits to the VHL than anyone else. Honestly I think several times we received warnings from our old hosts because of your beautiful antics. I know I have accidentally opened posts at work before and immediately had to close them because of you. Also, you make some pretty awesome players. Never change.

@DollarAndADream

d9uOA3N.png

I'm definitely glad to be getting you a bit more responsibility as head of PT. I feel the role has gotten a bit boring for you as of late and it'll be great to see you doing what you did well before. Speaking of which, you've been a great GM to me in Toronto. I don't know if I would have been your choice as I was fold Molholt but you have welcomed me graciously in and have been quietly building a pretty fantastic and tightly knit team. I see you being able to go as far in this league, both player wise and as a member, as you ever care to go.

@scøtty

2YmXfXB.png

First off, change your name back for god sake, it's just confusing. Hell just become anderson, we know who you are anyway haha. You kept the league distracted a bit from me in the early seasons so I actually partly thank you for keeping me around. Had I taken the full brunt of the rage I may not have kept going. You have managed to cross the line a few times in this VHL stint and I hope that lessons have been learned somewhat from it. But even with that you've been a relatively solid member the majority of the time now and I hope you can fully put your past where it belongs. Also, stop retiring so damn early. You get enough TPE that you could build decent players that GM's trust but you need to stick with something long enough. I know there could be a great member in there somewhere, I heard him the morning you came on the CoDCast. Just stop hiding.

----------

With that I end my post party. Admittedly this was going to be a 590 but I've written so much more than I anticipated that I'm posting it as an MS. I hope you all enjoyed being present.

• Commissioner
2 minutes ago, Gudnason said:

Changing to Gudnason like you changed it to Beketov :/ 

Beketov was my second player though. Do you even recall who you're second player was :P

Also, congrats. You just hit 3000 commenting on my 16 000.

34 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Beketov was my second player though. Do you even recall who you're second player was :P

Also, congrats. You just hit 3000 commenting on my 16 000.

I do realize the 3000, thanks. Heman Ho, my college roommate, was my second guy. :rolleyes: Who still remembers manyin5?

Gudnason is like my most successful guy lol

Edited by Gudnason

• Commissioner
2 minutes ago, BOOM said:

What the hell happened to that Odin Sig? :lol:

Not sure, happened to a few of them. I think when I copied his from 590 to MS the ones with randomizers kinda got locked to the aspect ratio they were at but when I copied them and they changed the new ratio didn't come with it so they got squished or stretched. It's weird but that seems to be the case.

Review

Good ol fashioned post parties. Like I said we need more of these because they are fun to read. Everyone loves to read about themselves and it is interesting to even read about the other members. Like I said we need more of them. This was well written of course and all the sigs are nice.