Claimed: Looking at recent Trades [1/2]

I like to look at trades and try my best to see who 'won' the trade. Without further adieu here are some of the most recent trades in VHL History.

To :sea:

RW Darryl Dortch 370 TPE

To :sto:

Season 58 Seattle 2nd Round Pick - 15th Overall

Season 59 Davos 2nd Round Pick - Probably around the 11th to 14th Overall mark

Verdict:

On the surface this looks likes a pretty even trade and may even be in Seattle's favor as the 2nd round picks likely won't produce a 370 TPE player. So depending on what the 15th Overall pick and possibly 11th to 14th overall pick in Season 59, it should be to no surprise this favors Seattle. Dortch was acquired to be a piece in the playoff push for Seattle.

With the offense starved Stockholm Vikings, Dortch had a respectable 11 goals and 7 assists for 18 points in 53 games. In the 18 games that followed after the trade to Seattle, Dortch didn't exactly have the impact GM Bananadick wanted. Dortch only had 3 assists in 18 games which brought his point total to 21 points. Still, depending on what happens this season in Seattle with Dortch, it might still be a win. It all matters on how those two draft picks turn out. In recent seasons Drafts haven't been to strong in terms of 2nd round talent so despite Dorth's struggles, the Bears still might come out as winners.

Winner: @Banackock

Loser: @Bushito 

To :tor:

D Guntis Petenis 738 TPE

To :dav:

Season 58 Toronto 2nd Round Draft Pick - 17th Overall

Season 59 Toronto 2nd Round Draft Pick - Probably around the 17th to 20th Overall mark

Verdict:

This was quite the coup for the Toronto Legion even if it was just for half a season and the playoffs with Petenis as he is retiring at seasons end. The draft picks won't be very high for the Dynamo although they might be used as trade chips. The Season 58 pick will be 17th overall as the 2nd round of the draft isn't affected by the Draft lottery. Season 59 will likely be another late pick depending on what happens to the Legion but they seem to be on the way up. 

Before the trade, the Petenis played in 23 games for the Dynamo and he scored 6 goals and assisted on 5 goals for 11 points. After the trade he scored 17 goals and assisted on 22 goals for 39 points for a total of 23 goals and 27 assists for 50 points. In the playoffs, Petenis helped the Legion over a 7 game victory over the Calgary Wranglers. In the playoffs overall, he scored 5 goals and assisted on 9 goals for 14 points. Petenis had a good career and it's to bad it ended after a 6 game series loss to the Quebec City Meute who look to win their 2nd Continental Cup in a row.

Winner: @DollarAndADream

Loser: @Tyler

C Peter Quill 380 TPE

D Augustus Gloop 141 TPE

Season 58 1st Round Draft Pick - Lottery Pick 1st to 4th Overall

This trade was supposed to be one that put the Bears over the edge and push them to the playoffs. It didn't quite work out that way. Gloop spent the season in the VHLM with the Yukon Rush. It doesn't look like he will pan out for the Dynamo. However, the pick was supposed to be anywhere from 5th overall to 10th overall. The Bears though missed the playoffs and now their draft pick with give the Dynamo a nice building block for the team as they have their pick of two of the top 4 draft picks. With their own pick and Seattle's pick we can see the Dynamo pick 1st and 2nd overall after all is said and done. The big names in the draft are @solas with Ivan Morozov, Aksel McKnight @Kesler and Dragon McDragon @JardyB10 and Adam Warlock @Green. So chances are they will get two of these players? damn that's a pretty nice trade for the Dynamo.

That goes without saying though that the Bears didn't get a good player out of it. The Bears got Peter Quill and his agent Green who is blessed by the STHS gods to always have a good player no matter how much work he puts into the player. Quill enjoyed his first season in Seattle with 41 goals and 38 assists for 79 points which is pretty decent and should only get better from here on out. However, with the trade, the Bears are missing out on a nice building block but I'm sure the Bears wouldn't even have challenged for a playoff spot without Quill.

Verdict:

It is a pretty decent trade to be honest but with the Bears missing the playoffs and giving the Dynamo a lottery pick, I have to give this trade in favor of the Dynamo. Having two picks in the top 4 with the possibility of 1st and 2nd overall, it will be nice for the Dynamo after the great fire sale.

Winner: @Tyler

Loser: @Banackock

C Fook Yu 556 TPE

Season 59 Davos 2nd Round Pick - Probably 11th to 14th overall

To :que:

Season 57 1st Round Pick - 4th overall

This trade comes out to be decent on paper. The Meute needed a cap dump and unfortunately it had to be Fook Yu who had to be traded away after winning a cup with the Meute. Fook Yu brought his usual defensive style of game but he did chip in very well offensively with 30 goals and 40 assists for 70 points in 72 games with the Bears. The Bears couldn't be happier with Yu and he should also be getting better in the coming seasons. The Bears also acquired Davos' 2nd Round Pick in Season 59 in which they traded to the Stockholm Vikings for Darryl Dortch.

The 4th overall pick that  Quebec acquired turned out to be Keaton Louth a defenseman from Las Vegas. He stepped right into the lineup and contributed with 15 goals and 25 assists for 40 points. It was a decent rookie season for sure and right now the defenseman finds himself in the Continental Cup final.

Verdict:

This trade ended up being Fook Yu and Darryl Dortch for Keaton Louth. Yu and Dortch missed the playoffs for Bears and combined for 73 points in a Seattle uni while Louth as a rookie contributed in a big way with 40 points and playing heavy minutes and finds himself playing for the Continental Cup. I would have to give this to the Meute right now BUT when we revist in the future chances are this could turn into a even trade in the end.

Winner: @Frank

Loser: @Banackock

To :que:

D Pablo 384 TPE

Season 57 Quebec 3rd Round Pick - 30th Overall

Season 58 Stockholm 2nd Round Pick - 11th Overall

The Meute were able to gain a pretty decent defender for the price of a 11th and 30th overall pick. That right there should be a good indication on how the off-season for the Dynamo went. Pablo has played an integral part of the Meute so far this season with 11 goals and 34 assists for 45 points. He is one of their three defenseman for the season so the Meute have been counting on him heavily.

The Season 57 3rd rounder was the last pick in the draft and the Dynamo Zach Weise and he has been here and there practicing but so far he might be busting. The 11th overall pick is interesting but it doesn't seem like it will turn out because the Draft doesn't seem that deep this year. Last season we saw Launchpad McQuack and Mats Johnsson go 11th and 12th and they will be great VHL players but that doesn't seem to be the case this season with the draft as it is very top heavy.

Verdict:

The QC Meute won this trade without a doubt. Sorry Tyler but you sold to fast to soon. However, you can probably flip the pick if you want maybe, but in the end, I think this is a win for the Meute no matter what. If the draft class was better this could have been a wash.

Winner: @Frank

To :col:

Season 57 Calgary 1st Round Pick - 7th Overall

Season 57 Davos 1st Round Pick - 9th Overall

Season 57 Cologne 2nd Round Pick - 13th Overall

Cologne wanted to move up here because they had someone in mind that would help their franchise. With the 7th overall pick, the team selected franchise goaltender Shawn Brodeur who had a very strong start to his career with a 21-36-6 record and a 3.09 G.A.A with a .920 save percentage. Brodeur was everything the Express hoped for after drafting him.

That isn't to say that the Dynamo didn't get a good prospect. The Dynamo took defenseman Ko Kane with the 9th overall pick and slotted him into the lineup right away. He scored 14 goals and assisted on 27 goals for 41 points. Pretty good for a rookie with just Jeff Gow as a major scoring threat to be honest. The Dynamo also took David Kiaskov with the 13th overall pick and he has been in the VHLM since the draft. He has shown signs of taking his game to the next level but as it seems right now he is on the cusp of being a VHL player.

Verdict:

It is hard to say who won so far because Ko Kane is a good defenseman and has a bright future in the league and Kiaskov has potential to at least be a VHL player. However do those two have more potential than Brodeur? Maybe I am bias but I would like to say no. So this is a win by the slightest of margins for Cologne.

Winner: @ADV

D Mathieu Bourdon 255 TPE

To :col:

Season 59 Seattle 1st Round Pick

This is a hard trade to judge because the Season 59 Draft class hasn't manifested yet. The only interesting prospects of note are Tigertank Williams and the return of Austin Dwyer however, he plans on being a goon in this draft. I am sure the draft will get better prospects as those from the Season 51 draft class start to retire and hopefully recreate.

Bourdon on the other hand has been a decent if somewhat underwhelming player since being drafted. He just played in his rookie season for the Seattle Bears and scored 6 goals while assisting on 33 goals for 39 points. A very decent rookie season for a defenseman.

Verdict:

Overall, I think we can chalk this up up as a win for the Seattle Bears mostly because they seem to be fighting for a playoff spot while the Express might not get that good of a draft pick when all is said and done.

Winner: @Banackock

Loser: @ADV

To :nya:

Rights to Takashi Fujimoto

Season 57 Davos 3rd Round Pick - 29th Overall

While the Dynamo got what they could for Fujimoto who was leaving as a free agent anyway, it still doesn't look that great. I mean Fujimoto scored 59 goals and assisted on 64 assists for 129 points which led the team in scoring. He should only get better from here on out and the future iws looking bright in New York.

The Dynamo on the other hand received their own pick at 29th overall back and selected Shelton Kenzie who has not panned out at all.

Verdict:

He was leaving anyway and to get even a 3rd pick for him was pretty decent so, this is a win for Davos right? I mean he was leaving. Draw perhaps?

Draw

Overall there have been some interesting trades by the GM's in the recent seasons, can't wait to see what happens this offseason as it looks to be almost as crazy as the last. 

loses every trade but still has too many lottery pricks 

all sarcasm aside it's wild how the one trade i won is the one trade i thought i lost

tho i do think the cologne trade was useless and i could have managed it better and could have been smarter but i was very stoned 

Edited by Tyler

3 minutes ago, Bring Back Chat said:

ctfl f Calgary

0 results found

0/10

To Calgary:

Shawn Gretzky @TheLastOlympian07

Motherfucker Sharpe @JardyB10

To Davos:

S57 CGY 1st

S58 CGY 1st

S59 CGY 1st

Calgary was supposed to win the cup. However, they didn't even pass the first round. 

Winner: @Tyler

Loser: @Bring Back Chat

• 1 month later...
  • DollarAndADream changed the title to Claimed: Looking at recent Trades [1/2]