New York Americans Press Conference Questions

STZ

1. Tomorrow we play an elimination game against Seattle, with Seattle being on the ropes. What’s the game plan?

Our game plan should be to not go to OT. We're 3-0 in regulation and 0-2 in OT, so I'll take a nice 3-0 win without having to deal with stress, please.

2. Any predictions for tomorrow?

I predict a fun game, where both teams try their hardest, and nothing happens that predicting it would result in me jinxing the team.

4. Who’s been the more dangerous Esso, Keven Foreskin or Joel Ylonen?

I'm going GM Esso. Given LeGrande, I'm still not putting it out of the realm of possibility that A Red Guy will be changing jerseys at the second intermission of Game 6.

5. Bana has been seen rioting in the streets of Seattle after the latest loss to the Americans. Does this affect your psyche at all?

To be honest, I'd kind of like to see this. What does a one person riot look like anyway? Just one person trying to push a car while everyone else looked at him worried?

7. Who has grown the best playoff beard so far?

I don't like to brag, but my Hitler-esque mustache and my patchy 21 year old beard looks rather dashing, if I do say so myself.

10. How do you feel about the current playoff format?

I do think too many teams make the playoffs, honestly. I wouldn't mind three teams from each conference, with the best record getting a bye. That's the old system, and I think it worked just fine.

1. Kick ass, chew bubblegum.

2. The Tuesday Mega Million numbers are 17, 21, 43, 67, 89.

3. Lucky Charms cereal. 

4. New York Esso >

5. Nah, I don’t think about that. That just lets my guard down. They’ll come in hungry next game, we gotta be hungrier. 

7. A Red Guy’s vibrant, glowing beard. It’s like Ferrari red.

1. Tomorrow we play an elimination game against Seattle, with Seattle being on the ropes. What’s the game plan?

Hopefully we can get on the board early and hold the lead!

2. Any predictions for tomorrow?
NYA wins in Overtime with a goal by Soren Jensen

3. What’s everyone’s pregame rituals during the playoffs?
A big bowl of pasta and listening to some pump up music!

16 hours ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

Our game plan should be to not go to OT. We're 3-0 in regulation and 0-2 in OT, so I'll take a nice 3-0 win without having to deal with stress, please.

Nostradamus.

3. What’s everyone’s pregame rituals during the playoffs?

Cottage cheese and boat fuel, of course.

A key ingredient to any esso player is danger, so I don't think it's possible to pick one of the two.

5. @Banackock has been seen rioting in the streets of Seattle after the latest loss to the Americans. Does this affect your psyche at all?

Hard to call one man smacking Starbucks cups to the ground a riot.

7. Who has grown the best playoff beard so far?

A Red Guy has an invisible red beard that he has grown since birth. It is 51 feet long.

9. How do you think as a team we can improve for next season?

Just gotta keep plugging away and developing as a group.

10. How do you feel about the current playoff format?

It's fine. I'm more a fan of less teams making the playoffs to make all playoff spots feel like they matter more but I've been bored as shit since NY got knocked out of the playoffs so I understand the other side of it.

On 12/29/2019 at 9:29 PM, ColeMrtz said:

5. @Banackock has been seen rioting in the streets of Seattle after the latest loss to the Americans. Does this affect your psyche at all?

4. Foreskin. Even still.

5. Every time I turn off my lights at night, I lay in bed hopelessly trying to fall asleep as the visions and memories of this loss still haunts me. I toss and I turn all night with the feeling of extreme loss and sadness keeping my eyes wetly awake. Then I get a strong whiff of fresh brewed coffee and waffles, open my eyes and realize it's just a dream. That in reality, this is actually NYA watching Seattle make their way to the finals for the 2nd straight season:

sad will ferrell GIF

1 hour ago, Banackock said:

4. Foreskin. Even still.

5. Every time I turn off my lights at night, I lay in bed hopelessly trying to fall asleep as the visions and memories of this loss still haunts me. I toss and I turn all night with the feeling of extreme loss and sadness keeping my eyes wetly awake. Then I get a strong whiff of fresh brewed coffee and waffles, open my eyes and realize it's just a dream. That in reality, this is actually NYA watching Seattle make their way to the finals for the 2nd straight season:

sad will ferrell GIF

Bana must be protected at all costs. National treasure.

Real sad hours PC

1. After a hard-fought series, the Bears come out ahead in Game 7. How do we feel about the series?

2. With the season officially over, it's golf season. Who's the best golfer on the team?

3. Is it better to lose to the cup champs or watch the team that beat you also lose it all?

4. What do you want to improve in the offseason?

5. What are you most excited about for S70?

6. How was everyone's New Year's?

51 minutes ago, ColeMrtz said:

Real sad hours PC

1. After a hard-fought series, the Bears come out ahead in Game 7. How do we feel about the series?

2. With the season officially over, it's golf season. Who's the best golfer on the team?

3. Is it better to lose to the cup champs or watch the team that beat you also lose it all?

1. It hurts to lose. We gotta put the frustration into our work and come back strong next season. 

2. Not me haha.

3. Neither, man. 

4. Everything, I played a disappointing playoffs and just gotta get better.

5. Watching our team grow. Excited to see what our talented young core does next.

6. Just another day ?

2 hours ago, ColeMrtz said:

Real sad hours PC

1. I'm still bitter. It was a fun season overall though

2. Foreskin seems like a great golf name. Lets go with him.

3. When it's Seattle, it's better to watch them lose (did I mention I'm still bitter).

4. Lots. Get stronger, faster, smarter. Expecting a big year

5. The chance to win it all. Can't wait to get started

6. Quiet, which was awesome. Our families can be a bit much sometimes.

Sucks because we were so close and could have been in the final ourselves!

Definitely my scoring and a defensive play to become better at both ends of the ice. 

We have a young team and everyone should get better which makes next season exciting. 

On 1/7/2020 at 1:50 AM, ColeMrtz said:

Real sad hours PC

Nothing sad here.

1. I mean you have to feel good. We picked up our regular season games and then went on to game seven overtime with Seattle. Sure, maybe we could have been in the finals now, but we did a proper showing.

2. Wood chopping, golf is for sissy's.

3. I kind of want Seattle to lose, but I don't think they will. So yeah, I want the guys who beat us to be beaten. Add LeGrande to that. 

4. I'm going against the grain, I'm putting points into Leadership and Discipline. Roleplaying.

5. Just this team growing. We still seem to have good picks too. My hope is that this will be a long-running, top-contender franchise from now on.

6. Uneventful. It's kind of arbitrary isn't it? Doesn't even line up with the winter solstice.... But yeah, it was... normal.

Edited by Elmebeck

Turns out we took the eventual champions further to the brink than anyone else in the VHL. Personally, I think we should be feeling pretty good about ourselves and our chances.

It's all about the power and the hand-eye coordination. A Red Guy's got those in spades, so it doesn't really surprise me to see his golf game.

Depends on the team, honestly. Our series with Seattle was pretty cordial, all things considered. I was fine to see them win.

I think we just need one more scoring threat to put us over the top. Whether that comes in FA, a trade or even the draft, I trust our management to pull it off.

This was the year we were targeting for real contention all along, and I do think we'll be there in the mix. It'll be fun to go into the season with real expectations.

It was solid - went to an NHL game while the VHL is out of season. Man, after watching our games, those guys move so slow on the ice.

I think we showed the league that we're for real and not to be taken lightly.  Watch out for us next season.

Me, without a doubt.  I've got the msot athleticism and charisma.

It's fine.  It just shows how clsoe we were when we took them 7 games.

Probably my decision making.  Need to be better informed on which PEDs are detectable or not.

To win the VHL Championship.

I'm alive, so that's nice.

1. After a hard-fought series, the Bears come out ahead in Game 7. How do we feel about the series?

It is definitely weird watching a team you started the season with win in all while you sit at home after your current team was bounce by them in the playoffs. At the same time, the guys in that locker-room are world class and deserve the back to back championships they just pulled off.  

2. With the season officially over, it's golf season. Who's the best golfer on the team?

I will go out of my way and pat myself on the back here. In my younger days, I golfed 18 holes in the morning go home eat lunch and then played 18 holes in the afternoon. I have kept it up like that in the past few years, but with a little practice I would be back at that top end level.

3. Is it better to lose to the cup champs or watch the team that beat you also lose it all?

Really depends in my opinion. I never want to see someone in the same conference of my team I play for or any team I cheer for lose to a team in their division or conference. If we can’t win it all, then I cheer for Europe.

4. What do you want to improve in the offseason?

I want to make sure I continue to work on my skating and get stronger on my skates. I may not have any suitor this off-season so I may be working a long time.

5. What are you most excited about for S70?

The unknown. I am excited to see how comes forward during free-agency as a possible suitor.

6. How was everyone's New Year's?

It was nice and quiet, just the way I enjoy it. I was in bed at 12:05 and asleep by 12:30

Overall it felt good to give the strongest push to the eventual champions.

Keven Foreskin, he grips the club real good.

Depends on who it is, if they're a rival you definitely don't wanna see them win.

I need to get better at being a goalie.

Our core continuing to grow and push up the standings.

6. How was everyone's New Year's?

Mine was good. Went out to a bar and then got high and watched superbad, nbd.

Off Szn Press Stuff

1. A lot of moves were made this offseason, some bigger than others, but overall who do you feel had the best offseason?

2. One of the aforementioned moves brought @McWolf back home to the Americans, how do you feel about his addition to the squad?

3. Young guns Ristenen (@Maasa) and the Gutzwiler brothers (@Gwdjohnson & @DaftRaincloud) join the squad as well via the VHL Draft. How do we feel about the rookie additions?

4. Although you never really know with our lord Simon, we look poised to make a run at the cup this season. How far do you think we'll go?

5. With training camps now open, who pushes you to work the hardest off the ice?

6. Does Flowers set a career high in hits and/or PIMs this season?

1. A lot of moves were made this offseason, some bigger than others, but overall who do you feel had the best offseason?

Sure, I'll be biased as hell here and say us. I do feel like we were a couple of big pieces away from being true contenders, and we picked those up early. Calgary with their picks and Vancouver re-loading could be included here too.

2. One of the aforementioned moves brought McWolf back home to the Americans, how do you feel about his addition to the squad?

It's spectacular. We need another top-flight defenseman on the ice anyway, but picking up one that knows the team and blends so seamlessly into the locker room is the cherry on top.

3. Young guns Ristenen and the Gutzwiler brothers join the squad as well via the VHL Draft. How do we feel about the rookie additions?

Extremely positively. I honestly didn't have any expectations for this draft, but picking up young offensive pieces that will be able to contribute as soon as next season (when we start to run into cap trouble) is exactly what we needed. I'm hoping and praying they stick with the activity.

4. Although you never really know with our lord Simon, we look poised to make a run at the cup this season. How far do you think we'll go?

I'm not going to jinx anything with predictions, but I do think we'll have a chance to win it all. Just need a couple of lucky breaks to bounce our way.

5. With training camps now open, who pushes you to work the hardest off the ice?

I've always been my own worst critic. That can be both a positive (working hard) and a negative (easy to get down), but nobody's going to tell me anything that I haven't already thought through twice.

Neither actually. Since the team's better, I think we're going be holding the puck a lot more, which gives me fewer opportunities for both. And I think that's a good thing.

1 hour ago, ColeMrtz said:

Off Szn Press Stuff

2. One of the aforementioned moves brought @McWolf back home to the Americans, how do you feel about his addition to the squad?

3. Young guns Ristenen (@Maasa) and the Gutzwiler brothers (@Gwdjohnson & @DaftRaincloud) join the squad as well via the VHL Draft. How do we feel about the rookie additions?

1. Mine was shit, I believe I lead Scrotum in TPA at a point but it's just been too busy for me.... that said, Scrotum is at 589 now so it's hard not to say he went to Thailand for "training".

2. Don't know him, but like him, happy he's here.

3. Maasa is a gem and I hope to get to know the other two.

4. Seriously, going to game 7 OT last season with the ultimate winner... we could win this season. STHS may have other thoughts, but I really think we have a great chance of placing top two in the regular season and then bring home the cup to where it belongs.

5. You do, very happy with a presser to answer.

6. YES!

Edited by Elmebeck

1 hour ago, ColeMrtz said:

Off Szn Press Stuff

1) we've got to be up there for one of the best. I also liked D.C's

2) love it. One of the best of this era and someone we can all learn from

3) go tear up the VHLM guys. We'll all be waiting for them to join us in S71

4) scared to be favourites. Much better to be underdog. 2nd round exit is my pessimistic answer

5) the mirror cause if I don't work hard I just look fat and ugly

6) yes to hits. No to pims. Got to share the pim load across the team

2. One of the aforementioned moves brought @McWolf back home to the Americans, how do you feel about his addition to the squad?

McWolf is a veteran member who should bring us a huge boost on the blueline. Looking forward to him joining the team.

3. Young guns Ristenen (@Maasa) and the Gutzwiler brothers (@Gwdjohnson & @DaftRaincloud) join the squad as well via the VHL Draft. How do we feel about the rookie additions?

A couple of familiar names there that I'm happy to have join the team! Hoping they can find good success in the VHL. 

We had a hard fought series with the cup champions so I don't see why we can't win the cup this season. 

•  

Ours was pretty good.  We got Ylonen, whos going to be a big boost to our top six.

2. One of the aforementioned moves brought @McWolf back home to the Americans, how do you feel about his addition to the squad?

Always good to add veteran dmen to the team.  Looking forward to see what he can add to our back end.

3. Young guns Ristenen (@Maasa) and the Gutzwiler brothers (@Gwdjohnson & @DaftRaincloud) join the squad as well via the VHL Draft. How do we feel about the rookie additions?

We always have a great group of rookies.  Not expecting anything different from these guys.

Championship or bust.  We're a force to be reckoned with now.

5. With training camps now open, who pushes you to work thehardest off the ice?

All my teammates.  We have great depth now and we all push each other to be better.

Hopefully hits.  I'll be upping my vchecking so hope to get up there too.

On 1/13/2020 at 4:01 PM, ColeMrtz said:

Off Szn Press Stuff

1. Prague is probably the team that improved the most this offseason. Adding Wahl and Fizzlebeef is huge for them.

2. That's me! I'm glad to be back on the team. I left unfinished business here when I was traded in S66, so I'm here to clear it all now.

3. Obviously 3 great picks, and 3 good LR presences. I won't be here anymore when they play their first VHL game, but I wish them the best in their respective careers.

4. We should make the playoffs. That's as far as I'm willing to go. Once the playoffs start, it's a whole different thing and that's where STHS' randomness truly shows. So let's just make sure we make the playoffs so we have a shot at it.

5. Myself. I set some high standards for myself. There are certain marks I'd like to reach before retiring and I only got 72 games left to achieve that so I gotta work towards that.

6. I'm probably going to steal a good chunk of hits, PIMs and also steals from Flowers. Hope he doesn't hold it against me.

On 1/14/2020 at 2:31 AM, ColeMrtz said:

Off Szn Press Stuff

1. DC, Prague, New York all did good moves this offseason.

2. League is not ready for the McWereWolf

3. Happy to have them. I teamed up with Masaa before in the SBA. Work hard, hustle, help us build a dynasty. 

4. To the moon and back.

5. The whole squad works hard. It’s inspiring. 

6. Always bet on Flowers.

DC made a ton of big moves, Seattle re-tooled their team very well as well.

It's great to bring back a great former American, he's one of the best defensemen in the league and will be a big help for us this season.

Great additions. It's nice to tighten up our core with some more strong prospects.

I think we can push for it all for sure.

My dad, A Purple Guy.

Yes to both. I don't wanna see him out on the ice at all, only in the penalty box.