New York Americans Press Conference Questions

STZ

On 2/10/2020 at 3:25 PM, ColeMrtz said:

Unexpected press because I have hit a wall on my project

1) As I'm sure we all know by now, teammate and all around great guy Elmebeck has recently passed away. What's your fondest memory of our friend?

2) We are only 5 points out of fourth in the league, do you expect us to make it there?

3) We are only one goal off from last in the league with goals for, how do we fix it?

4) @studentized's breakout season is bolstering our offense, being on pace for around 60 points. Who else is having a breakout season either with us or around the league?

5) If you could move for one player in the league who would you want to see in the red, white and blue?

6) If you weren't playing hockey, what would you be doing?

1. man, just chatting with Elmebeck during the days leading up to his draft into the VHL. he had so much passion and excitement. i was really hoping that we would draft him. i loved his energy and his heart. it was bigger than the moon. 

2. hustle, heart. do what Elmebeck would do.

3. focus on the process, not on results.

4. i love it, big ups young gun @studentized!

5. let's get rid of that bum Boris the Forest and bring in a real Center like @gorlab

6. probably playing a fake hockey sim league online. 

1) As I'm sure we all know by now, teammate and all around great guy Elmebeck has recently passed away. What's your fondest memory of our friend?

I unfortunately didn't have the pleasure to interact with him much but he seemed like a well liked and good guy and will sorely be missed. 

2) We are only 5 points out of fourth in the league, do you expect us to make it there?

I definitely think we can push on an make it into the top 4!

3) We are only one goal off from last in the league with goals for, how do we fix it?

We need to work on our scoring and take more shots, we are probably passing too much currently and not taking the easy shots.

Late Press

1) After going on quite the tear, we now sit 5th in the league and 3rd in the conference, only five points out from Calgary. Do you think we can catch them?

2) After playing our last match against Davos, our series against them comes out to 2-4-0, which may call for a resounding "what happened"?

3) This is the second consecutive season where we've struggled through the first half of the season and pulled it together for the second. Why do we wait to put on the gas?

4) Many veteran players (our @McWolf included) have recreated for the next draft class. Who are you most excited to see in the next few season?

5) If you had to recreate right now, who would your next player be?

6) Who's the scariest team to play against?

1) We should be able to. They've been good all year, but we are just now heated up

2) Better to save our bad games for them than a division rival

3) Coaching, lines, chemistry. Just takes time to gel

4) Excited for the next wave of goalies, whoever on top

5) Pass first centre build. Will finish out my full career though

6) Vancouver has been a tough beat my whole career here, so them

On 2/20/2020 at 9:24 AM, ColeMrtz said:

Late Press

1) After going on quite the tear, we now sit 5th in the league and 3rd in the conference, only five points out from Calgary. Do you think we can catch them?

2) After playing our last match against Davos, our series against them comes out to 2-4-0, which may call for a resounding "what happened"?

3) This is the second consecutive season where we've struggled through the first half of the season and pulled it together for the second. Why do we wait to put on the gas?

4) Many veteran players (our @McWolf included) have recreated for the next draft class. Who are you most excited to see in the next few season?

1. Gotta catch them all.

2. I derped. My bad y'all. 

3. Still shaking off that hangover from last season's Seattle loss.

4. @McWolf is gonna mince the league into McNuggets with his recreate. 

5. I'd love to recreate as a waterboy and get the New York Americans gatorade and towels and stuff. 

6. NEW YORK AMERICANS!!!

On 2/20/2020 at 1:24 PM, ColeMrtz said:

Late Press

1. I think we can try, anyways!

2. Hey, some teams just have your number. No shame in that.

3. It's probably inexperience. It goes one way or the other, good early or good late. Good late is better though.

4. I guess this is the boring answer, but Mr. McWolf himself.

5. The cannonical 'son' of my player. Or maybe the grandson.

6.  *stares intently at Randoms*

The league is a big clump at the top. We're constantly switching with Seattle and now DC's hot on our ass, we need to get hot to stay the course.

Davos was a rough one for us, gotta be able to take advantage of those winable games.

A Red Guy forgets how to play hockey for the first couple weeks of every season.

4) Many veteran players (our @McWolf included) have recreated for the next draft class. Who are you most excited to see in the next few season?

A lot of good recreates in this draft with this being the second big wave of recreates from members that came out of the recruiting boom. I'm excited for them all.

Checking gawd, that's for sure.

6) Who's the scariest team to play against?

Apparently Davos.

Who knows. I think there would be some interesting conversations in the league office if we were to finish sixth in the VHL and miss the playoffs though.

I propose that there are some shady Davos back room dealings that kept us from winning. It's all about the deep state, man.

It's a good question, and one I wish we had the answer for. I think it just takes us more time to figure out lines, apparently.

4) Many veteran players (our @McWolf included) have recreated for the next draft class. Who are you most excited to see in the next few season?

The honest answer is none of the veterans at all. I always like to see who the new blood coming in will be, and I hope there's a lot of them to be excited for.

Probably back to offense, a goal scorer. I like to hop around with my player types, but I did like that one with McAllister.

6) Who's the scariest team to play against?

A team where you have everything to lose and nothing to gain. So yeah, Davos.

Prees

1) Despite being 6th in the league, we are currently 5th in the NA conference, out of the playoffs by 1 point. How do we cope to overcome this tight race?

2) Although still one of the strongest teams in the league, Vancouver has been trending down lately, and should we make playoffs we'd likely face them in the first round. How do we feel about this series?

3) In light of the theme week, who's the most likely to get their first HOFer in the next couple of classes?

4) With playoffs coming up, offseason is quick to follow. How do you plan to beat the offseason slump?

5) If you've been following the VSN Australia podcasts, who's "voice reveal" was the most shocking?

6) Who is your favorite NHL goalie and why is it David Ayres?

1) Despite being 6th in the league, we are currently 5th in the NA conference, out of the playoffs by 1 point. How do we cope to overcome this tight race?

We just need to keep fighting to make it in to the top 4 of the tough conference. 

2) Although still one of the strongest teams in the league, Vancouver has been trending down lately, and should we make playoffs we'd likely face them in the first round. How do we feel about this series?

I think we would definitely be the underdog but that being said anything can happen come playoff time and you can still win with a low probability. 

3) In light of the theme week, who's the most likely to get their first HOFer in the next couple of classes?

Hard to say, I'm sure there are a lot of deserving candidates. I want my boy Jet Jaguar to get in though.

4) With playoffs coming up, offseason is quick to follow. How do you plan to beat the offseason slump?

Just the usual training to keep improving and getting better. 

5) If you've been following the VSN Australia podcasts, who's "voice reveal" was the most shocking?

I unfortunately have not been following along with this and am unable to comment. 

Haha always love a nice feel good story and that was definitely fun to watch! So yes he would be my favourite goalie currently.

Just give me the puck boys.  I got this.

We'll be trending up by then so we'll give them a run for their money.

There's lots.  Borwin? Freeman? Randoms? Jet Jaguar? I don't even know...

Drinking, and lots of it.

Haven't listened but it is always jarring to listen to your own voice so its probably shocking to everybody.

This just shows that anyone can step between the pipes and beat the Maple Leafs.

On 2/24/2020 at 4:08 PM, ColeMrtz said:

Prees

1. always living on the edge

2. would be dope for sure.

3. jet jaguar to the top

4. disco inferno loves disco

5. idk don't listen to that.

6. gotta go with my underdog Ayres. it's never too late in life to become a hero.

On 2/24/2020 at 7:08 PM, ColeMrtz said:

Prees

1) Needed a bit of luck, and we didn't get it. Onto next year

2) Still Vancouver's to lose, even with their rough start to these playoffs.

3) If our group gets a cup (or two), then I would love to see Boris get in. Super underrated and the consistent bright spot

4) Have to start earning again. Been on a bit of a leave of absence lately

5) Only listened to brief part of Esso and Gustav episode. Esso sounds exactly as expected lol

6) Nabokov was my ? but always happy to see leafs lose

Was not a good finish for us. ?

They're pooping the bed right now against Seattle, so we probably would've swept them.

Aside from Cast and Thompson I can't really think of anyone coming up, but I'd say McWolf and Jubo will probably get their first HOFers shortly after being eligible.

Keep the nose to the grindstone and pull off dope grind combos in Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2.

I have not been following. Muff's voice reveal shocks me every time.

Officer Bobrovsky.

Questions for New York Americans

1. What's your favorite memory in the VHL so far?

2. How do you unwind after a game?

3. New York Americans have an early offseason - how are you spending the extra time off? 

4. Which players do you admire the most in the league?

5. What's your spirit animal?

6. McWolf is retiring this season - what tips do you have for his retirement?

7. VHL Draft is approaching - what kind of player do we most need to draft?

8. What kind of offseason moves do you hope to see the New York American do?

9. What's the best part about playing for New York?

10. What quote do you live by?

We've only had one playoff trip, but it was a fun one. Even if we didn't win, the atmosphere in that Game 7 against Seattle last year was electric.

3. New York Americans have an early offseason - how are you spending the extra time off? 

When we didn't make the playoffs in Season 68, it was about rest and relaxation. But this time, I'm just too anxious. I thought we should've made the playoffs, and that's pushing me to only train harder.

I'm going to go with a panda. They look cuddly, sure, but did you know those things are truly vicious if you try and attack them first? That's me - I won't start a fight, but I'll finish it.

Due to retirements and unfortunate circumstances, our defensive core looks to be a bit lacking. I think that's clear to most, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a defenseman in New York.

It may sound odd after missing the playoffs, but I really don't think we need to do much. We're still a young team, and another year of growth will do us well.

There really is no city in the world that has New York's electricity. They'll get on you if you're playing poorly, but if you're winning, it's a better feeling knowing that this loyal fanbase is behind you.

Probably the multiple MVPs my former player Apollo Skye won!

Just relax a bit by listening to some music and perhaps having a glass of wine. 

Spending it relaxing for a bit but also training for next season. 

1. What's your favorite memory in the VHL so far?

S69 playoffs vs Seattle. Really proud of how we showed up even though we ended up giving the game away with 30 seconds to go

Fine tuning my skills. I know the type of player I want to be, so just improving small aspects of my game to compete more next year.

4. Which players do you admire the most in the league?

Julius Freeman on forward because it's a similar game to how I want to play. For defence, Smitty is the easy pick because fantasy. 

Don't pull a Favre and un-retire two more times.

Couple big re-signings needed. I don't think we need anything flashy. Lets give this group one more season to see if they've got it.

The city. Never bored in NY. Good food too.

On 3/8/2020 at 10:28 PM, chillzone said:

Questions for New York Americans

2. Cat cuddles, a good ol' bottle of water and some danke M E M E S . 

3. Golfing. It might be typical - but it's a sport of precision and skill, and I can't lose the reputation of the best back home. 

4. Those who manage to keep writing articles every week. I just can't keep that up. 

5. Koala's. Not because they're cute, because they're lazy

9. The history of the city, the team, the fan's.

and that a bird is my GM :^)

10. But in the end, it's only a passing thing. This shadow, even darkness, must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines, it will shine out the clearer

Draf press

1. NY is set to pick at #4, what do you want to see come from this pick?

2. Who's the most exciting prospect in this draft?

3. How have you spent your offseason so far?

4. After a disappointing finish last year, what do you expect to see from us this year?

5. Any hot takes for the upcoming season?

6. NYA Longest Drive Competition, who wins?

As A Red Guy, our playoff series against Seattle. It was good to nearly beat the eventual champs.

I watch Leonardo DiCaprio movies to continue my work as his understudy.

Performing all of Leo's scenes while the bastard chills in his trailer.

All my Americans baby!

An animal from my planet called a flumpo. It's like a cross between a lobster and a giraffe.

"That's not an all-you-can-eat buffet, that's my wife!"

Def the playoff series against Seattle. Was heartbreaking but thrilling.

I dress up as a mime and perform on the New York subway.

Gonna learn how to tame wolves.

Got love for the New York squad.

Billy Zane.

Go Vegan.

Edited by chillzone

My time in Philly as a rookie back in S65. Great LR.

Cup of coffee and a good book

Avoiding the plague 

Smitty W. The top defender I aspire to be.

A sloth

Take a nice long trip!

A little late on this one, but I think the trade back worked well. With so many S73 seconds it should kick off a potential rebuild in grand fashion, plus we still got who we wanted.

Hugh Jass, of course! Seriously, I think he'll be an impact player on our blue line right away, and similar to past players like myself and Jensen could very easily be in the ROY mix.

Hanging out. I've done some cap work for the team to make sure we can fit everybody, but in general seems a bit sleepier than last offseason. Figure that may pick up when the World Cup starts.

4. After a disappointing finish last year, what do you expect to see from us this year?

The playoffs is an obvious answer, but I really expect to see New York as a championship contender this year. We've got the depth, got the hunger after last year, and all we need is the gameplanning.

My hot take for about three years running now is that Boris the Forest is going to transform into an MVP contender. I'm not going away from it now.

I do, of course. Come on now, you thought I'd pick somebody else? I'm made for the game of... (what sport is that? oh, ok)... golf. I'm made for golf.

On 3/15/2020 at 1:40 PM, ColeMrtz said:

Draf press

1) Flash was the right pick because we need some help at defence. Moving back and getting him was even better.

2) To be determined. I think Jass should have a good year with us.

3) Nice and quarantined in.

4) Expect to break this NY curse. Let's make it deep.

5) battle of the expansions. Prague vs DC finals.

6) is that a golf thing? I'd be good at any golf cart competition, but not actual golf.