Helsinki Titans GM Change

Higgins

I took over the Helsinki Titans in Season 30 and built up an empire I am very proud of. It all started with my first overall draft pick is Season 30 which was Ethan Osborne and it grew from there. People have come and gone in Helsinki, but I'll remember them all fondly no matter what. It's been an amazing ride as a GM in the VHL and I could have never predicted it to have turned out like this. All my motivation came from my teammates to make Helsinki what it was and to win them all a cup.

There are many, many things I am proud of, but I think these might be the three best:

1) Season 30 Entry Draft (Osborne, Jive, Guido, Rock Star)

2) Season 33 Team (Best record since Season 5 in the whole VHL with 61-6-5)

3) Season 34 Team (Continental Cup winners)

The list of people who have helped me in some way along this journey is long, but I can narrow it down to a few special ones to shout out, these users shaped my time as GM of Helsinki more than they know:

Tylar (Brody 'BroHo' Hodgson)

Fever (Anatoli 'AZ' Zhumbayev)

Snipesallday (WiIlie Weber)

701 (Smooth Jive)

STZ (Ethan Osborne)

With an overall record of 325-144-35 over seven seasons and six playoff appearances, two finals and one Continental Cup it is time for me to say good bye to Helsinki.

If someone has to take over and protect the Titans legacy, I am very happy to say it will be STZ. You are the new protector of the Helsinki Titans.

For the final time... Hardballer out!

HARDBALL1_zpscbcc0ae6.gif

• Admin

Probably the most natural GMing passing of the torch in VHL history. Great run Higgins, S32-S36 Helsinki will be seen as one of the best teams ever and you've set STZ up for a quick turnaround. Not that he needs any help, the track record with Bratislava is brilliant.

This is a very bittersweet announcement. I've had so much fun over the course of Osborne's career in the VHL - heavily due to the fact that I was playing the past seven (well, kinda eight) alongside Higgins. Not only has it been great being on the same team as you, but you always had a way of getting the Titans to be competitive while bringing in quality members/players to play with.

It's been an amazing journey watching first hand, and at the same time it's actually kind of sad to see the era pass.

I owe so much to Higgins, but I'll save that for another time. I think right now is a time to really reflect on the teams he was able to put together over the past seven seasons.

:cheers:

This is a very bittersweet announcement. I've had so much fun over the course of Osborne's career in the VHL - heavily due to the fact that I was playing the past seven (well, kinda eight) alongside Higgins. Not only has it been great being on the same team as you, but you always had a way of getting the Titans to be competitive while bringing in quality members/players to play with.

It's been an amazing journey watching first hand, and at the same time it's actually kind of sad to see the era pass.

I owe so much to Higgins, but I'll save that for another time. I think right now is a time to really reflect on the teams he was able to put together over the past seven seasons.

:cheers:

You look weird in orange.

Coming out of partial hiding to congratulate Steezy on his new position. You deserve it more than anyone else on this site, good luck buddy. Also Higgy did an amazing job in Helsinki, but I'm gonna like him more here in Quebec. ;)

Way to go STZ. You deserve to be a GM no doubt and happy it could be in your forever VHL home in Helsinki. Congrats on a great run as GM Higgins. I remember looking forward to what you could do when you took over and you certainly exceeded my expectations. Way to go sir and I hope to see you retiring and creating a new player in the future.