Calgary Wranglers press conference

diamond_ace

1. Tom Eagles has been exceptional so far as a rookie. Do you think he cracks 60 points this season?

2. Zod has been on fire lately. What do you think is the key to his recent success?

3. How are you doing in VHFL? If you do not participate, who is a player who has impressed you so far on our team?

4. Who would you consider as our team MVP in the early stages of the season?

5. If you could add another attribute to STHS, what would it be?

6. What kind of vehicle does your player drive to the rink?

22 minutes ago, Patrik Tallinder said:

1. Tom Eagles has been exceptional so far as a rookie. Do you think he cracks 60 points this season?

2. Zod has been on fire lately. What do you think is the key to his recent success?

3. How are you doing in VHFL? If you do not participate, who is a player who has impressed you so far on our team?

1. Cracking 60 as a defenseman is tough, but I have faith in our young stud

2. He has been employing his military tactics in game much more often. On a real note, if Zod keeps this up he could be in the running for best defensive defenseman of the year. He is tied for second in blocked shots, he has the 2nd most hits out of all defenseman, and is producing offensively.

3. I'm doing mediocre. SS Hornet really needs to pick it up, and my defenseman have been quite mediocre. I was thinking about picking Zod because I like to pick my own players but unfortunately I changed my mind. He has been spectacular thus far.

4. Honestly, it might be Zod. He has been shutting it down defensively and has been producing as of late.

5. They just should expand the defense category. That's half the game condensed into one category, and with the way that defense works in STHS it is used almost all the time. It should be split a little more. Maybe have stick checking categories, positioning, etc.

6. Zod definitely comes to the rink in his massive monster truck, running over any pedestrians in his way

38 minutes ago, Patrik Tallinder said:

Hard to say competition gets tougher as the season goes on but hopefully he can

Chemistry matter, finding the guys who can benefit each other lifts everyone up

Nope, not a follower enough to bother with VHFL. 

Zod or Eagles likely as they have both been great

Clutch factor, cuz honestly how much fun would it be if players choked or came up clutch depending on this.

Land Rover cuz they are nice, and not too expensive its the nice middle ground type car. Not poor but not loaded. 

I know he has slowed down a bit but I think he can do it. 

2. Zod has been on fire lately. What do you think is the key to his recent success?

He is fueled by adrenaline. If he lands a few big hits, there is no stopping him after that. 

Iam in 2nd place and only 2pts behind 1st.  Id say Zod.  Started off slow but is now killing it. 

Id say Tallinder.  He has had a lot of strong performances. 

"Potential  "  like it 👌 

6. What kind of vehicle does your player drive to the rink?

Like A Boss Car GIF

RJ Jubis bombs around  snow covered Calgary in a AWD station wagon. 

2 hours ago, Patrik Tallinder said:

1. Yeah, I think so. With his hot start, and this team, it'll happen.

2. More people have been kneeling.

3. I don't do fantasy, too lazy. Askarov has given us a lot of reason to believe in the future.

4. Hard to look anywhere but Talinder. 26 goals and a team leading 33pts.

5. Offensive awareness. It's kinda dumb that Defense basically covers all your hockey sense.

6. A popemobile.

I hope so! Have slowed down over the past few games, losing the PPG but I expect to bounce back

He has been putting in the work and really gelling with his linemates. He has been on fire and helping the team win!

With the last update I am sitting in 3rd, not too bad but hope to gain some ground on 2nd

Tallinder so far! What a great start to the season he is having and giving me some VHFL points :P 

Maybe a reaction time for players. Good players have to have great reaction to what is happening around them 

Well since he is a rookie he doesn't have anything too fancy yet. Currently driving the Tesla Y

On 1/31/2021 at 6:26 PM, Patrik Tallinder said:

1. Absolutely. Without a doubt. Tom Eagles in insane.

2. Big hits, big plays, and just being an absolute workhorse. He has definitely been amazing to play with.

3. Vsevolod Askarov for sure, he has me confident that this team will do amazing once I leave.

4. Patrik Tallinder. He is definitely our MVP and I am so glad he is part of our team.

5. More defensive categories because just "Defense" is way too broad. Stick checking, pass blocking, awareness, positioning, et cetera.

6. I drive a good ol' 2008 Kia Sedona van because why not.

1. If you could pick any first round opponent (who actually has a chance of making the playoffs this season), who would it be?

2. If you could choose any EU team to play against us in the finals (again, they must have a chance to make the playoffs), who would it be?

3. The VHL is full of helpful members who spend much time and effort making this league a better place. Give a quick thanks to one of these members, and explain how they helped you out, or how they helped the league as a whole.

4. You’re assembling a pre-game sandwich. What is in it?

5. What other sports do you play in the offseason?

6. Position switches are quite common in the VHL, but rarely seen in the NHL. Who is an NHL player that you would like to see switch positions?

1. Seattle, since their goaltending isn't as strong as other teams.

2. Prague, since they have weaker goaltending. Same thing as Seattle, sometimes a great goalie just steals a series.

3. I believe I mentioned this before but Nyko helped me with english homework a couple times with the book To Kill A Mockingbird, which was pretty cool.

4. Roast beef, salami, and cheese. It also has to be on toasted cinnamon bread.

5. Roller and deck hockey, if that counts as different than ice hockey. Sometimes Zod likes to suit up as a goalie for fun.

6. They should move John Carlson to forward.

On 1/31/2021 at 8:26 PM, Patrik Tallinder said:

1. For sure. He's a great player, and he has a bright future

2. I like some of the above answers, he's an absolute workhorse and he gels real well with his linemates

3. Well, I've been sucking since I banked big on John Merrick, and it hasn't worked out so far.

4. Tallinder for sure. What a beast of a player

5. Honestly, it would be clutch. I think clutch is quite valuable

6. Used 2012 toyota corolla. Saving up for an apartment in downtown Calgary 

8 hours ago, Patrik Tallinder said:

1. If you could pick any first round opponent (who actually has a chance of making the playoffs this season), who would it be?

2. If you could choose any EU team to play against us in the finals (again, they must have a chance to make the playoffs), who would it be?

3. The VHL is full of helpful members who spend much time and effort making this league a better place. Give a quick thanks to one of these members, and explain how they helped you out, or how they helped the league as a whole.

6. Position switches are quite common in the VHL, but rarely seen in the NHL. Who is an NHL player that you would like to see switch positions?

Chicago id love to knock out those smug guys after last year.

Moscow cuz beating russia would be great for a russian goalie.

Uhhh its been a long time since ive needed help 😂 but i guess slapshot for some goalie advice even if i didnt follow it.

Bacon, chicken, more bacon with like chipotle.

Gymnastics cuz its good to be flexable as a goalie

Tony Deangelo maybe then hed be wanted dudes not a defensemen haha. 

On 1/31/2021 at 5:26 PM, Patrik Tallinder said:

1. It'll be close, but I think that he can do it/

2. All the work he puts in behind the scenes. 

3. Patrik has been impressive.

4. Really Patrik or Edwin.

5. Speed.

6. A Camaro.

I would pick Vancouver. I always like playing against previous teams I have been on and its always fun to see an all Canadian matchup in the VHL.

Probably Warsaw, I like to compete against the best and Warsaw has been on fire this season.

I would thank InstantRockstar. He was the first VHLM gm I had with Greg Eagles and he helped me a lot with getting settled into this league. He has always been very helpful and was a great GM. I hope he one day gets a VHL GM job!

A simple BLT. A delicious quick sandwhich that anyone can make pre-game and helps give that little extra boost of energy

Being from Poland, I play soccer in the offseason.

Hmm that's an interesting question. I would like to see Morgan Reilly play on the wing. I think he would be a good fit.

Seattle 'cuz it's the only team that we are doing well against this year.

Malmo 'cuz back to back are almost impossible.

Ricer, amazing GM for the newer players.

Just a simple chicken sandwish is enough for me.

Basketball

Romanov is looking like a guy that could be a winger in the NHL. Maybe not a big point producer, but  a good two way game

On 2/7/2021 at 12:55 PM, Patrik Tallinder said:

1. Ya know what, let's shoot for the stars. Give me the Wolves

2. Well, Riga looks kinda good now, so I guess London still has a chance

3. Fromtheinside was a fantastic AGM for my in Yukon, and he's bound to get a GM job soon.

4. A BELT from Timmies. Best of all four worlds

5. Soccer, and a bit of golf if we get knocked

6. Quinn Hughes as a winger tbh. He'd be like a Marner

On 2/7/2021 at 10:55 AM, Patrik Tallinder said:

1. Chicago. I want revenge for last season.

2. Riga, revenge for the last time we were in the finals.

3. Shoutout to my man, Gooningitup. First GM when I had Ryuu in the VHLM and is a great teammate.

4. Good ol' Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato. I love myself a good BLT.

5. Other than roller hockey, I fancy myself some volleyball.

6. I kinda wanna to see Quinn Hughes as a forward.

1. Kosmo Kramerev has an outstanding 10 powerplay goals. What allows him to be such a weapon with the man advantage?

2. Who do you think will have the biggest breakout season on our team next season?

3. What is the best part about being a Calgary Wrangler?

4. We seem to be turning it around lately, what changed between our bad stretch and the past few games?

5. What is more important to you — Hits or shots blocked?

6. How excited are you for Magnus Verlander, Chris Foley and Mikey Harris to likely join us next season? What kind of impact will they have on our team?

1. Kramerev has a beauty one timer, like Ovi.

2. Askarov. He has been solid over the past couple years, but next year will be his first as a full time starter I believe, and I'm sure he will be elite.

3. Having a GM that always puts us in a position to contend is pretty sweet.

4. To be honest, I'm not sure. I have noticed Zod's stats have gone down recently, so perhaps we have better balance of scoring, which is fine as long as we win games.

5. As a defensive defenseman, I value them both. However, with Zod I value hits more because I want people to kneel before him.

6. They are going to be a big part of the very bright Wranglers future. Maybe they will get to win a cup for Calgary

1. Kosmo Kramerev has an outstanding 10 powerplay goals. What allows him to be such a weapon with the man advantage?

He has a great clap bomb when he decides to one time it. Goalies can't keep up with it.

2. Who do you think will have the biggest breakout season on our team next season?

I don't wanna play favorites, but Thornton at +700 TPE leading the forward group. The next one is at 550 so I would be shocked if my player does bad. Or else, I see Tom eagles or Askarov should be much improved.

Very chill team and there is almost no drama...well once we are in a playoff spot.

4. We seem to be turning it around lately, what changed between our bad stretch and the past few games?

We went back to our basics and some players took a step back for the team so that the others players that are hot can perform for us.

Hits.

6. How excited are you for Magnus Verlander, Chris Foley and Mikey Harris to likely join us next season? What kind of impact will they have on our team?

We gonna have a lot of depth up front next season. After looking at Chicago and Vancouver forward core in the NA, good forward depth aint bad with good builds.

On 2/13/2021 at 1:21 PM, Patrik Tallinder said:

1. He's incredibly selfish and will only pass if forced to. Those goals come at the cost of many odd man rushes.

2. Pretty easy - Askarov, the new G.

3. The chicks are great.

4. I started spiking the Gatorade with meth.

5. Shots blocked. Hits lead to penalties.

6. They're going to be a big part of the new look Wranglers. The speed at which they pick things up will determine the course of the season.

Definitely his booming shot. I would be scared as a goalie if I saw his shot come flying at me

I am hoping that my guy has a breakout season but I also know Askarov should have a very solid season as the new starting G

The great atmosphere in the locker room and being surrounded by some great team-mates

I think we have been gelling better the more we play with each other. Lately our communication has been on point and we have been playing better as a result of that

As a defenseman both stats are important but for me, Shots blocked are more  important. This helps out our goalie from being bombarded by shots.

It is great to get some new blood on the team and there enthusiasm will be a great boost to the team

On 2/13/2021 at 11:21 AM, Patrik Tallinder said:

1. Kramer[ev] has a rocket of a shot. Always scary to deal with during practice. It just goes in and out so quickly.

2. Vsevolod Askarov is going to be an absolute star next season. He is definitely one of the best backups in the league and should really be a starter by now. He's ready for a starting job.

3. I just love the community. Our locker room is great and I love the close culture we have on our team. Plus, Calgary is a great hockey city. The fans are amazing.

4. I actually made more than 3 saves a game.

5. Well, definitely shots blocked. I'm always thankful for my teammates sacrificing their bodies. Plus, shot blocking is my job.

6. Not gonna be here to play alongside them but I am excited to see how they do. I wish them the best of luck.

1. We made the huge addition of Prout recently. What has he brought to the team as a player?

2. We just heard the news that Jubis will be stepping down as GM after this season. Explain the impact that you think he has had on this organization during his time here.

3. We are closing in on playoff time, who will be our playoff hero?

4. What is your favourite fast food place?

5. Do you enjoy making graphics or media spots more, and why?

6. Who is your pick for league MVP this season?

15 minutes ago, Patrik Tallinder said:

1. We made the huge addition of Prout recently. What has he brought to the team as a player?

2. We just heard the news that Jubis will be stepping down as GM after this season. Explain the impact that you think he has had on this organization during his time here.

1) he sucks!! Trade him back!! (Joking) 

but i should and wish to be better in all reality.. sorry team!

2) heard a lot of good things about him from members in the community. Definitely was glad he took a chance on me on deadline and has been nothing short of a great guy. I wish him the best and hope we do something special in his last season.

3) the whole team! We’re all in this together!

4) probably go with the good ol Mr Sub/ little ceasers combo- the ones in my area are good so I can’t complain:) 

5) media spots I guess? Haven’t tried a graphic tbh. But a media spot can just be something silly and simple to get some nice tpe! 

6) our gm :) 

13 hours ago, Patrik Tallinder said:

1. It's great for the team, it helps us secure another young defenseman for the future.

2. He definitely changed the Wranglers culture. When I was drafted to Calgary, I wasn't happy. It was pretty much the only place I didn't want to go. I was already set on leaving after my rookie deal. But, things greatly changed and I stayed. The Wranglers are a very different team compared to when I first joined the team, and that isn't about the roster.

3. General Zod baby. Probably not, Lafontaine will have to step up and steal some games.

4. That's a tough one. Taco bell and KFC are great when I'm in the mood for it, but I think wendy's is the best overall.

5. Media spots. I can't make graphics, I'm horrendous. Plus, I like writing a lot and think that I'm pretty good at it, I enjoy doing research with stats and stuff like that.

6. Personally I'd probably go with Lahtinen. Leads the league and team in points, one of the best two way forwards in the league, and Moscow is first place in the league.