S64 VHL Hall of Fame Induction

Quik

SIktWHF.png

As is League tradition, every off-season the VHL presents it's Hall of Fame induction. This season, and for at least the next 4 seasons, the Board of Governors has decided that only one Player will be inducted, as opposed to the traditional 2 inductions each season. This season, the league's lone player induction gets in by way of a unanimous vote. There will also be another builder inducted, who received over 90% of the votes to join the league's famed builders. Without further adieu, I present this season's VHL Hall of Fame Entries:

D9T11yr.png

LW - Gabriel McAllister @CowboyinAmerica, S56-S63 :sea::dav:

RS: 576 GP, 397 G, 429 A, 826 P, +286, 721 PIM, 2079 HIT, 302 SB, 68 GW

PO: 62 GP, 44 G, 48 A, 92 P, +33, 100 PIM, 281 HIT, 51 SB, 9 GW

S56 Christian Stolzchweiger Trophy (Top Rookie)

S58 Scott Boulet Trophy (Best 2-Way Forward)

S59 Daisuke Kanou Trophy (Playoff MVP)

S60 Scotty Campbell Trophy (League MVP)

S60 Brett Slobodzian Trophy (Most Outstanding Player)

S60 Mike Szatkowski Trophy (Most Points)

S60 Kevin Brooks Trophy (Most Goals)

S61 Scotty Campbell Trophy (League MVP)

S61 Daisuke Kanou Trophy (Playoff MVP)

S61 Scott Boulet Trophy (Best 2-Way Forward)

S63 Scotty Campbell Trophy (League MVP)

S63 Brett Slobodzian Trophy (Most Outstanding Player)

S63 Mike Szatkowski Trophy (Most Points)

S63 Scott Boulet Trophy (Best 2-Way Forward)

Two Continental Cups (S59, S61)

A quick glance at his Trophy Case shows exactly why this was one of the easiest selections in BOG history. With 14 individual awards to his name, while also Captaining two Continental Cup Champions, McAllister is one of the most decorated players in VHL History. Finishing just 3 goals shy of the fabled 400-mark, McAllister sits in a tie for 7th all-time in goals scored. His 826 Career Points place him 17th all-time, 68 GWGs sit in a tie for 19th all-time, while his 2079 hits place him 22nd among all players to ever play in the VHL. All in all, Gabriel McAllister is one of the best to ever lace up his skates in the VHL, and was an automatic decision for all voters.

fVj7fb6.pngENYThsB.png

Vote

Tyson Kohler - 0/13

Jakab Holik - 0/13

Astrid Moon - 0/13

Gabriel McAllister - 13/13

Ay Ay Ron - 0/13

RXIRoMQ.png

Matt Lynch @Tagger

Someone who has been in the league for several years, Tagger is the man many will credit as being the reason they are here today. In fact, his efforts are the reason you see the Recruitment Crew working with Prospect Updates, Mock Drafts and the weekly Newsletter. Bringing the VHL from a period where recruitment/retainment was at its darkest, the efforts to help shape the future of the league will be felt for generations of VHLers to come!

Vote

Yes - 11/13

No - 1/13

Abstain - 1/13

Congratulations to both on their induction into the Victory Hockey League Hall of Fame!

Inducted into the Hall of Fame as a Builder

Image result for what a time to be alive gif

Thanks to those who voted me for that honour and those who helped me on my way in the VHL, been doing these player leagues for over ten years now and never received something like this before, feels pretty fucking good!

4 hours ago, Tagger said:

Inducted into the Hall of Fame as a Builder

Image result for what a time to be alive gif

Thanks to those who voted me for that honour and those who helped me on my way in the VHL, been doing these player leagues for over ten years now and never received something like this before, feels pretty fucking good!

Wouldnt still be here without your efforts dude

and congrats @CowboyinAmerica!  easiest HOF vote i ever cast!

This is cool. After doing so well with Wingate, HOF wasn't actually my goal with McAllister - I just wanted to score a lot of goals and stay with my draft team (Seattle) for as long as I could. But starting with back-to-back VHLM Playoff MVPs and moving onto the S56 Stolzchweiger, it always seemed like something more was in the cards. I had a lot of fun with McAllister building up a team in Seattle to win it all, being the missing piece in Davos to go on a miracle run, going from a pure scorer to somehow winning three Boulets and most hits in a season, and overall making an impact on every game. For my first player that spent all 8 seasons as a forward, I think he did pretty damn well.

Thanks to my GMs @Banackock and @Tyler for giving me the framework through which to kick ass, the HOF voters for getting McAllister in there (unanimously too, which is crazy to me), and to everyone for making this a fun community to be a part of. I'll be back here soon - maybe for the third HOF player in a row?

Edited by CowboyinAmerica

• Quik unfeatured this topic