Semi-Finals 2 - Game 5: Toronto vs Riga

Devise

This is hands down one of the most disgusting series I've ever had in my GM career so far. 

You can't just tell that a sub 500 TPE suddenly from just a good goalie in regular season turned into a total brick wall. You can't just tell a goalie that has 300 plus TPE more than is constantly being shit in playoffs. I won't believe in this crap. You can't just tell that a team that definitely has a better roster than TOR is losing series in 5. That's a bullshit and yall know that. 

Pathetic. Fuck this season and I wanna this end asap. Useless makes-no-sense garbage head ass sim engine. 

Edited by hedgehog337

Just now, hedgehog337 said:

This is hands down one if the most disgusting series I've ever had in my GM career so far. 

You can't just tell that a sub 500 TPE suddenly from just a good goalie in regular season turned into a total brick wall. You can't just tell a goalie that has 300 plus TPE more than is constantly being shit in playoffs. I won't believe in this crap. You can't just tell that a team that definitely has a better roster than TOR is losing series in 5. That's a bullshit and yall know that. 

Pathetic. Fuck this season and I wanna this end asap. Useless makes-no-sense garbage head ass sim engine. 

its better to just accept the fact STHS is STHS and makes no sense come playoff time. @Banackock knows this best. constantly putting together such great teams but somehow always loses in the playoffs.

7 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

This is hands down one of the most disgusting series I've ever had in my GM career so far. 

Its fair to bitch that the better team on paper should win in the playoffs but then whats the point of the sim. If we look at the NHL playoffs this year we can see that the paper doesn't always show who the better team really is when it's crunch time. 

2 minutes ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

its better to just accept the fact STHS is STHS and makes no sense come playoff time. @Banackock knows this best. constantly putting together such great teams but somehow always loses in the playoffs.

And this is a real problem. How many times stacked teams actually won?

I'll wait.

Brb coming into next season with just a few superstars left and filling other spots with 200 TPE rookies and winning a championship. Cause it appears that's what this no logic thing likes. And of course we have a goalie who is being hottest trash in the world in playoff season after playoff season after playoff season. Does it even makes sense to update him? Cause prolly hes still gonna be awful even with 99 attys. I wouldn't be surprised if I put like Iseult to the net and he would turn into even a better goalie than JHC was this series. 

10 minutes ago, Rayzor_7 said:

Its fair to bitch that the better team on paper should win in the playoffs but then whats the point of the sim. If we look at the NHL playoffs this year we can see that the paper doesn't always show who the better team really is when it's crunch time. 

Sometimes the sim feels too random especially in the playoffs, what is the point in building a good team if i bad team can take it all. Sure it happen occasionally but this should not be a regular occurrence. I think @hedgehog337 has every right to be upset and ask questions. I know i would be upset and have been upset over things. As a good GM he cares what happens to his team and this displays his passion. I don't really think it is fair for you to make light of it, this would be tough for anyone to deal with. That being said everyone is entitled to their opinions and I'll leave it at that. 

Edited by BladeMaiden
format

1 minute ago, BladeMaiden said:

Sometimes the sim feels too random especially in the playoffs, what is the point in building a good team if i bad team can take it all. Sure it happen occasionally but this should not be a regular occurrence. I think @hedgehog337 has every right to be upset and ask questions. I know i would be upset and have been upset over things. As a good GM he cares what happens to his team and this displays his passion. I don't really think it is fair for you to make light of it, this would be tough for anyone to deal with. That being said everyone is entitles to their opinions and i'll leave it at that. 

I wasn't trying to take away from his anger. I would be upset too if its season after season. I actually like his passion. Looking at some of the previous seasons I can see why he would be so pissed off about the situation. Especially in the VHL. Just seemed over the top at the time. Looking at it again and taking history into account, I totally see why he is so pissed off about the playoff sim.

Toronto knows a thing or two about winning.

I wouldn't be surprised seeing an underdog team go into the playoffs and crush. hello?? LA Kings for their two years were wildly different. first year was nearly 7 game series's every time, while they dominated the 2nd cup year.

toronto just are beasts lmao

4 hours ago, hedgehog337 said:

Honestly, people need to feel my pain. VVA took Torstein Ironside to school in that Seattle/Toronto series seasons ago. Ironside was miles better than him in the regular season and like double his TPE. Ironside fucking sucked in that series and Axelberry stood on his head.

4 hours ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

I do know this best but I do stand by what Hedge says. It’s bull shit year after year! Toronto won because of Stopko last year and this year I honestly couldn’t tell you why. They’re the worst team other than NYA on paper imo in the playoffs.their goalie is mediocre and other than Orroya and Malenko - who else do they have? (I’m not looking at rosters - just going off the top of my head). 

HSK is decent so can’t speak too much there but I expected a series win against HSK. Likely another season where I lose out earlier then I should and will get called a bad GM again :) 

It does get sickening after awhile though - especially when you have assholes around the league saying you’re a bad GM when you’re really not and STHS is just shit sometimes. 

@hedgehog337 unfortunate dude. I feel your pain (more than you do lol)

4 hours ago, pennypenny said:

Toronto knows a thing or two about winning.

I wouldn't be surprised seeing an underdog team go into the playoffs and crush. hello?? LA Kings for their two years were wildly different. first year was nearly 7 game series's every time, while they dominated the 2nd cup year.

toronto just are beasts lmao

LMAO

Comparing a simulation team on a computer to real life human beings playing hockey. 

Based off simulation and ratings and how how it works,  Riga should have stomped Toronto. 

Just now, Banackock said:

LMAO

Comparing a simulation team on a computer to real life human beings playing hockey. 

Based off simulation and ratings and how how it works,  Riga should have stomped Toronto. 

Based off simulation and ratings and how how it works, Toronto is just a better team because they know a thing or two about winning.

Go back to your 1st round exits.

• Commissioner
4 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

Honestly, people need to feel my pain. VVA took Torstein Ironside to school in that Seattle/Toronto series seasons ago. Ironside was miles better than him in the regular season and like double his TPE. Ironside fucking sucked in that series and Axelberry stood on his head.

My entire career with Holik in a nutshell.

Sim randomness definitely gets turned up to 11 in the playoffs there’s no doubt and I think it’s just to make things more interesting but it goes too far, especially with the goalies and especially since it seems to pick and choose from the point of creation which ones will be good playoff goalies and which ones won’t because it’s far more consistent than you’d expect it to be.

1 hour ago, Beketov said:

My entire career with Holik in a nutshell.

Sim randomness definitely gets turned up to 11 in the playoffs there’s no doubt and I think it’s just to make things more interesting but it goes too far, especially with the goalies and especially since it seems to pick and choose from the point of creation which ones will be good playoff goalies and which ones won’t because it’s far more consistent than you’d expect it to be.

I had you in mind, for sure. I was just being dramatic. :P

4 hours ago, Banackock said:

LMAO

Underdogs should never win in a system that's based on numbered attributes, really. If you got 90s facing 70s, why would the 70s ever win? It's not like they can turn it on and be better in the playoffs like middle six guys in the NHL in real life.

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, DollarAndADream said:

Underdogs should never win in a system that's based on numbered attributes, really. If you got 90s facing 70s, why would the 70s ever win? It's not like they can turn it on and be better in the playoffs like middle six guys in the NHL in real life.

Thing is, that would be boring. You’d always have the better teams on paper winning.

I get why a bit of extra randomness seems to be introduced in the playoffs. It’s just infuriating how strong that randomness tends to be and how much it seems to favour certain people. For example, the playoffs hate @Banackock and I but they love @Devise.