Mississauga Hounds Press Conference

Gustav

1. Today alone, the Hounds made FOUR waiver signings, including our very own league commissioner @Beketov as our second center. Does this put us up in the league's top tier? Why or why not?

We are definitely a contender.

2. Which of our new signings will have the largest impact: Lahtinen, Kachur, Aleksandrov, or Olsen? Why?

I think Lahtinen will have the largest impact as it will allow me to take some shifts off

3. If you've been here a while, explain the Hounds experience in 10 words or less. If you haven't, what would you like to know about the Hounds experience?

Good squad

4. Mikko Lahtinen needs a place to stay while he's looking for an apartment in Mississauga. Whose house should he stay at, and whose do you recommend he doesn't?

He should definitely stay with our capt. Louth

5. Will your stat line be better or worse for the rest of the season? Why? If you're new, predict your stat line for the rest of the season.

I hopefully should only get better.

6. What's your favorite NHL team and how do you think they'll do this season?
Habs, clearly they will win the cup

1. Today alone, the Hounds made FOUR waiver signings, including our very own league commissioner beketov as our second center. Does this put us up in the league's top tier? Why or why not? 

no because Aleksandra Olsen is a plug

2. Which of our new signings will have the largest impact: Lahtinen, Kachur, Aleksandrov, or Olsen? Why?

Aleksandrov because going from 0 goalies to 1 goalie is very easily the largest impact

3. If you've been here a while, explain the Hounds experience in 10 words or less. If you haven't, what would you like to know about the Hounds experience?

kind of, ever so slightly better than the houston bulls

4. Mikko Lahtinen needs a place to stay while he's looking for an apartment in Mississauga. Whose house should he stay at, and whose do you recommend he doesn't?

Not Aleksandra Olsen thats for sure but Aleksandr's is pretty cool

5. Will your stat line be better or worse for the rest of the season? Why? If you're new, predict your stat line for the rest of the season.

1.000 sv%, never lose a game

6. What's your favorite NHL team and how do you think they'll do this season?

Vancouver Canucks, we're gonna miss playoffs, pick 8th, benning gets fired

2 hours ago, aleks said:

1. Today alone, the Hounds made FOUR waiver signings, including our very own league commissioner beketov as our second center. Does this put us up in the league's top tier? Why or why not? 

no because Aleksandra Olsen is a plug

Not Aleksandra Olsen thats for sure but Aleksandr's is pretty cool

Looks like sexism to me, chief

I know I said I'd do this last night but WHATEVER 

For the week ending 10/20:

1. After going on a hot streak last week after the deadline, we've inexplicably run up a string of losses, despite running the same lines. Is this a concern?

2. There's been a lot of talk about VSN and the obvious issues currently affecting it--they've got only a couple active writers at the moment, and it's been that way for months. What do you think is the best way to fix this?

3. Balentine Kidd and Jerry Wang are now TIED at 89 points apiece. Who takes the Hounds' points title?

4. Our points leaders have also dropped a bit on the overall points leaderboard, with Kidd and Wang tied for 6th and Louth losing his lead among defensemen. Is this a concern, or do you think it can be fully explained by the fact that our roster has filled out a bit more since the signings at the deadline?

5. The Hounds officially cliched the playoffs today! Who do you think we'll match up against, and what do you think will happen?

6. Last but not least--our regular season is likely set to come to an end by the end of this week. What's been your favorite memory or moment of the regular season?

@ColeMrtz21 @Cxsquared @Patrik Tallinder @Creative Name2 @GlowyGoat @Tigris @Krice13 @TukTukTheGreat @Radcow  @Ckbruinfan @DizzyWithLogic @Beketov @aleks @Reverb

1. After going on a hot streak last week after the deadline, we've inexplicably run up a string of losses, despite running the same lines. Is this a concern?

1. It is a little concerning because we have been hot and cold. We have just recently hit another hot stretch so let’s see how it goes.

2. There's been a lot of talk about VSN and the obvious issues currently affecting it--they've got only a couple active writers at the moment, and it's been that way for months. What do you think is the best way to fix this?

I am not sure what VSN is.

3. Balentine Kidd and Jerry Wang are now TIED at 89 points apiece. Who takes the Hounds' points title?

3. Jerry Wang is going to take it.

4. Our points leaders have also dropped a bit on the overall points leaderboard, with Kidd and Wang tied for 6th and Louth losing his lead among defensemen. Is this a concern, or do you think it can be fully explained by the fact that our roster has filled out a bit more since the signings at the deadline?

4. It has to do with a few of our other players having late season surges in point production as well as other teams players are just getting better. 

5. The Hounds officially cliched the playoffs today! Who do you think we'll match up against, and what do you think will happen?

5. It’ll be Missisauga Vs. Yukon. 4-2 series win for The Hounds.

6. Last but not least--our regular season is likely set to come to an end by the end of this week. What's been your favorite memory or moment of the regular season?

6. Favorite memory for me is getting start in this league with my very first build. It’s been fun and I’m ready to keep the momentum rolling.

3 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

6. Last but not least--our regular season is likely set to come to an end by the end of this week. What's been your favorite memory or moment of the regular season?

1. It feels like it should be but it doesn’t seem all that bad, we’re kind of running out of time to test lines so if a change is made it needs to be changed now.

2. Give VSN to @FrostBeard and let him fix it. He knows what’s up.

3. BOLD prediction, Guy Saskamoose pulls away and takes it all.

4. I think it’s due to depth but still looks wack.

5. Doesn’t matter we’re winning th cup baybee.

6. Overthrowing Gustav.

1. I'm not really concerned. It's late in the season and we've already clinched a playoff spot. I think we just need to take it easy and get pucks in deep.

2. Well first off, we've gotta get pucks in deep. Second #BanADV. Third #OverthrowGustav. I think that'll really show signs of growth of pulled off correctly.

3. Wang for sure. His name alone means he gets pucks in deep.

4. Well I think more people are getting pucks in deep. We are spreading our production so we're bound to see some of the top guys dip a bit.

5. I think we'll end up facing the Storm. But it'll be an easy series win because Halle Berry is a wack X-Men and we'll get lots of pucks in deep.

6. #OverthrowGustav and when we got pucks in deep.

3 hours ago, Krice13 said:

I am not sure what VSN is.

Funnily enough, this just proves the argument that something should be done about it...

I'll leave the specifics of my opinion out of this though.

1 hour ago, GustavMattias said:

Funnily enough, this just proves the argument that something should be done about it...

I'll leave the specifics of my opinion out of this though.

#banADV?

6 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

1. I don't think so, seeing as we've recently turned it around with three straight wins.

2. Maybe more TPE benefits? Can't say much about it because I don't know much about it.

3. I'll go with Wang

4. I think everyone will go through droughts, but it says a lot about our depth if we can keep winning. A combination of top end players and depth is needed for a championship run, and I think we have it.

5. I think it'll be Minnesota, and we'll win 4-3 in a generally low scoring series.

6. My favourite memory is probably scoring my first goal. It took me a few games and I was checking all the scores to see if I could score one.

On 10/16/2019 at 11:03 AM, GustavMattias said:

1.) I think Changing up certain parts of a line after a stagnant run is a good mentality to adopt. You never know you might stroke gold and find an interesting pairing you never thought of before 

2.)Reboot the VSN with new Leadership and new Writers. Get some fresh eyes on the product make sure someone is in charge who will motivate creativity.

3.) I don't know...let's say Kids. Honestly I'm more focused on my own play and production, whoever gets it cool good for them.

4.) Easily explained by the fact you rounded out the roster at the deadline. New faces coming in filling in and passing around the puck. It gives the older guys new looks and the younger guys some experience. Nothing to worry about. 

5.) Don't matter who we are matched up against..  we winning the Ship baby

6.) Coming back and being signed by you all. The reception I had in the LR wasn't the best but it's a good group of people.

I don't think so, I think we're all just tired and getting ready for playoffs. I think once we get there, we'll play well.

Get new staff, get people who are passionate about it to run it, really get some people writing and focusing on it.

Wang.

More players, less icetime. If you look at me, I started out red hot, which meant less opportunity for Louth, so I think it's just due to a more crowded roster.

Doesn't matter, we'll win.

Signing here with Aleksandrov, great moment and I look forward to the future.

1. After going on a hot streak last week after the deadline, we've inexplicably run up a string of losses, despite running the same lines. Is this a concern?

no we have an elite goaltender

I don't pay attention to vsn, evidently I'm not the only one 

3. Balentine Kidd and Jerry Wang are now TIED at 89 points apiece. Who takes the Hounds' points title?

Kidd, because Wang is annoying. Kidd > Wang,  change my mind. You can't. 

4. Our points leaders have also dropped a bit on the overall points leaderboard, with Kidd and Wang tied for 6th and Louth losing his lead among defensemen. Is this a concern, or do you think it can be fully explained by the fact that our roster has filled out a bit more since the signings at the deadline?

our roster got deeper so it's obvious that our top end scoring takes a hit. We can rely on the rest of the roster this way, and come next season the benefits will be clear.

doesn't matter we'll win either way 

got a couple shutouts, that's pretty cool. Definitely not signing with aleksandra tho 

Hey Hounds, long time since I have done one of these. You only need to answer 6 of the 10 questions but if you want go ahead and do them all.

1.       With the WJC going on right now, are you following it, and why?

2.       Are you excited for Halloween?

3.       How do you feel about our chances against Yukon?

4.       Are you happy with our 4th place finishing?

5.       Are you looking forward to the draft or worried about Playoffs?

6.       Who do you want to get drafted by in the VHL or VHLM depending on your draft class?

7.       What is one thing you would change about this season?

8.       Who do you think will make the finals for the VHL?

9.       Who do you think will make the VHLM final?

10.    Who should be overthrown first Gustav or Berocka?

@ColeMrtz21 @Cxsquared @Patrik Tallinder @Creative Name2 @GlowyGoat @Tigris @Krice13 @TukTukTheGreat @Radcow  @Ckbruinfan @DizzyWithLogic @Beketov @aleks @Reverb

2.       Are you excited for Halloween?

Yea

3.       How do you feel about our chances against Yukon?

Good

4.       Are you happy with our 4th place finishing?

Obviously not. I'm sure we all want to finish at the top, and I do think we're capable of doing so, but we've always got next season.

5.       Are you looking forward to the draft or worried about Playoffs?

The draft, mostly.

6.       Who do you want to get drafted by in the VHL or VHLM depending on your draft class?

Not entirely sure. Haven't kept up as much as previous seasons. Just gonna play the way I am regardless of where I go.

7.       What is one thing you would change about this season?

Win more 

10.    Who should be overthrown first Gustav or Berocka?

Gustav needs to be in a position of power to be overthrown 

1.       With the WJC going on right now, are you following it, and why?

1. I haven’t been because my life is busy and I’m not in it hahah.

2.       Are you excited for Halloween?

2. No

3.       How do you feel about our chances against Yukon?

3. 4-0 sweep

4.       Are you happy with our 4th place finishing?

4. I am happy knowing that it’s the best the Hounds have ever done but we could have done better.

5.       Are you looking forward to the draft or worried about Playoffs?

5. This is a confusing question haha. I’m worried about the playoffs I guess. 

6.       Who do you want to get drafted by in the VHL or VHLM depending on your draft class?

6. I probably won’t be drafted into the VHL yet. I’m already a member of the Hounds so I’m excited about that. I’ll do more research when I get closer to actually being drafted.

7. Pass

8.       Who do you think will make the finals for the VHL?

8. Pass

9.       Who do you think will make the VHLM final? 

9. Mississauga and Vegas

10.    Who should be overthrown first Gustav or Berocka?

10. Pass ?

11 hours ago, Berocka said:

6.       Who do you want to get drafted by in the VHL or VHLM depending on your draft class?

2. Pretty excited, cause I’ll probably get all the leftover treats.

3. I feel confident, given that we finished with the same amount of points, and that we only got better as the season went along.

4. Somewhat, I mean finishing first is always ideal but I won’t dwell on it too much cause we’re in the playoffs either way.

5. I’m definitely looking forward to the draft, but playoffs is my priority for sure. I think that winning would be great for not only myself and my teammates, but the franchise as well.

6. Honestly I think it would be cool to be drafted by an expansion team, so either DC or Prague. I know it’s not a place we’d win right away but it’s somewhere I’d like to be an important part of the solution.

7. I would probably change the slow start. Early in the season, we weren’t winning many games, and I wasn’t producing either, so I think it would be nice to go back and change that.

3.       How do you feel about our chances against Yukon?

No threat... We winning 4-2

6.       Who do you want to get drafted by in the VHL or VHLM depending on your draft class?

In Season 70 I want to be drafted by whoever wants me. I don't have any preference. I'm not a dick

Nothing frankly. It worked out well..

8.       Who do you think will make the finals for the VHL?

I don't care ..it's not us, so congrats to whoever makes it and wins. 

9.       Who do you think will make the VHLM final?

Well Us.. I mean hell we going all the way baby

10.    Who should be overthrown first Gustav or Berocka?

Firstly...I don't understand this Joke and frankly I don't find it funny. I'm tired if seeing it. 

13 hours ago, Berocka said:

1. Yes because not only am I playing in it I’m the highest scoring player in the tournament.

3. Who?

4. 5th*, we finished with a lower goal differential than the team we tied with, and we should’ve been better.

7. Not breaking 100 points.

8. I want to say Malmo from EUR but not a clue for NA.

9. THE MUHFUCKIN SAUGA HOUNDSSSSSSSSS BAYBEE

10. Overthrow Gustav

15 hours ago, Berocka said:

Hey Hounds, long time since I have done one of these. You only need to answer 6 of the 10 questions but if you want go ahead and do them all.

3. I feel like we stand a good chance against Yukon. We've been battling them in the standings all season and finally at the end we pushed ahead of them.

4. You always wish you could have done better but I think 4th place puts us in a nice position to make a run for the cup.

5. I'm both. I really hope we can do well in the playoffs but I'm excited to get a shot at the VHL.

6. I think both Riga and Helsinki would be great places to land. But it's also exciting to think about making an impact in the new expansion teams.

9. I think it will be us and the Bulls in the finals. It'll be a great series.

10. Why not yeet them both.

For the week ending 11/3:

1. We're officially out of the playoffs, after being shut down by Yukon. Your thoughts on the series?

2. Now that we're out of the playoffs, is there any team you'd like to see win the cup?

3. You're approached by a VHL team with a few questions about your player (who knows, you might have been already). What do you tell them?

4. The VHL cup final has come down to a matchup between Malmo (my team) and Seattle (the team with almost every active S66 alum). Who wins?

5. How does your player plan to spend the offseason?

6. Where will your player be next season? Staying here, going back into the draft, or going up to the VHL? If you're being drafted (at the VHL or VHLM level), where do you hope to end up?

1. We're officially out of the playoffs, after being shut down by Yukon. Your thoughts on the series?

1. Tough series, felt like we controlled a lot of the play in games we lost but we ran into a hot goaltender in the oppositions net.

2. Now that we're out of the playoffs, is there any team you'd like to see win the cup?

2. No, Hounds or nothing.

3. You're approached by a VHL team with a few questions about your player (who knows, you might have been already). What do you tell them?

3. I give them honest answers with full transparency. I may ask a few of my own. 

4. The VHL cup final has come down to a matchup between Malmo (my team) and Seattle (the team with almost every active S66 alum). Who wins?

4. Malmo takes it this year.

5. I will continue to add TPE every week. I want to be a top player in the VHLM this upcoming season.

6. Where will your player be next season? Staying here, going back into the draft, or going up to the VHL? If you're being drafted (at the VHL or VHLM level), where do you hope to end up?

6. More than likely I will be staying. I won’t have enough TPE to move up. I hope to end up on the top line of the Hounds to win that elusive title.

2 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 11/3:

2. Now that we're out of the playoffs, is there any team you'd like to see win the cup?

1. I thought we played good. It really came down to a battle of goalies and Yukon came out on top.

2. It always feels better when the team that eliminated you ends up winning so I'm pulling for Yukon.

3. I'm just hoping that I get drafted by a team where I can fit into their current lineup. I'm excited to get some ice time in the VHL next season.

4. Almost all the European teams have been crazy good this year so I'm putting my money on Malmo.

5. I'll probably watch some Cricket games in the off-season and maybe take a short vacation. Mostly it's going to be a lot of training and conditioning to get ready for the VHL draft.

6. I'm not entirely sure where I'll be playing next year. It kinda saddens me that I won't be spending next season with the Hounds but I'm grateful for all the memories the Hounds have given me this season. As for the VHL draft I think both DC and Riga look like really promising options but ultimately it's anyone's guess as to when I'll be drafted.