Mississauga Hounds Press Conference

Gustav

1) We're 32-3, 10 points up on the rest of the VHLM. Are we going to hold onto that and remain the #1 seed?

For sure. We are too strong, too deep, and have too much of a lead not to finish in 1st.

2) What do we need to do as a team to hoist the Founders Cup at season's end?

Keep it going, stay consistent. We have a lot of guys who should hit the 250 TPE Cap, if that happens, there's nothing more that we can do.

3) Name 1 thing you're happy with about your performance this year and 1 you think needs work.

I'm happy about my physicality. My hit total and defensive performance has been really good. I'd like to lower the amount of PIM I take, but I think that is just part of having high checking.

4) What teams have surprised you the most this season?

I think our team has been most surprising even to me. I mean I knew we would be good, but we have been nearly perfect which is saying something.

5) Do you follow any other sports besides hockey and which ones?

I follow Baseball, Football, Basketball, and Golf..

6) What's your favourite kind of pizza?

Big fan of the margharita pizza

:mis: MISSISSAUGA HOUNDS PRESS CONFERENCE :mis:

1) Kirby Pandora has been added to the lineup to solidify our blueline. What do you think of the pickup?

2) We've slid a bit over the last few games. Have you noticed anything different with the team that led to this stretch?

3) Do you think we need to make any more moves to re-assert ourselves as the VHLM's top team, or just ride out the cold streak?

4) What do you do to stay mentally focused every shift?

5) We've got a few games left against Saskatoon, the second best VHLM team so far this season and top team in the other conference. How important is it to rebound and put up some wins against them?

6) Tell us about the best locker room prank that you've seen pulled in your hockey career.

On 4/14/2021 at 8:22 PM, tcookie said:

1) Kirby Pandora has been added to the lineup to solidify our blueline. What do you think of the pickup?

2) We've slid a bit over the last few games. Have you noticed anything different with the team that led to this stretch?

3) Do you think we need to make any more moves to re-assert ourselves as the VHLM's top team, or just ride out the cold streak?

5) We've got a few games left against Saskatoon, the second best VHLM team so far this season and top team in the other conference. How important is it to rebound and put up some wins against them?

6) Tell us about the best locker room prank that you've seen pulled in your hockey career.

1. I think it was a very solid pick up.

2. I think it's just been some bad luck. some games we definitely should have won.

3. I think we just gotta hold on.

4. I remember to take it one shift and play at a time.

5.It is super important so they can't make up ground on us.

6. they all usually suck 😛

Edited by Brewins15

I think Kirby Pandora was a great pick up. 

Can't say I have noticed any major changes. We're bound to lose some on the way to glory so it is what it is. 

Ride it out. We got this still.

Taking every opportunity I have and making the best of it. 

Super important. Especially if we want to remain on top. 

Jersey swaps. Definitely leaves some confusion on the ice and for the players. 

Great addition to our depth.

Not really, just a few games we have been going down and just not capitalizing.

That's not a decision that is up to me, it all depends on what the front office will want to decide.

Concentrate on warming up and minding my own.

Stay focus and don't let the pressure get to us, if we keep grinding and then we should be rewarded.

I can't say there's way too many good ones to list off.

1) We've clinched 1st overall in the VHLM ... how's it feel to officially be a 1st place team?
2) Which of your teammates would you say has improved the most over the course of the season?
3) Although we've clinched 1st place, we have 5 games left to play. Will your approach be any different for the rest of the season?
4) If you could play in any city that doesn't currently have a VHL or VHLM team, where would you play?
5) What team has your favourite logo in the VHL / VHLM?
6) What's your favourite movie of all time?

1 hour ago, tcookie said:

1) We've clinched 1st overall in the VHLM ... how's it feel to officially be a 1st place team?
2) Which of your teammates would you say has improved the most over the course of the season?
3) Although we've clinched 1st place, we have 5 games left to play. Will your approach be any different for the rest of the season?
4) If you could play in any city that doesn't currently have a VHL or VHLM team, where would you play?

It feels awesome, all of you hard work is paying off and we are ready to make a playoff push.

Many people have improved tons this season but Tobias Reinhart came in mid season and now has a 10-1 W/L as a goalie.

i will take it a bit easier but i will still do a ton to help us get the dub

Rögle, Sweden

I really like Yukon's as it is simple yet good looking

I have many favourites but Forrest Gump tops my list.

On 4/21/2021 at 11:12 AM, tcookie said:

1. it feels incredible! super happy with the team!

2. I think overall as a whole we have improved alot!

3. No we have to keep the same mindset that we have had all year.

4. Boston

5. I like moscows and Calgarys the best right now but that changes everyday

6. 5 feet apart is a super good and powerful movie so I would say probably that. 

Edited by Brewins15

On 4/21/2021 at 11:12 AM, tcookie said:

1. It feels awesome to see our hard work pay off in the end

2. Everyone improved but I would say Tobias Reinhart improved the most overall

3. No but we need to keep the same mindset that we have
4. Probably Montreal, Quebec

5. I would say Calgary's logo is my favourite

6. Pulp Fiction is my favourite so far  

:mis: MISSISSAUGA HOUNDS PRESS CONFERENCE :mis:

1. Feels great. This is what we knew we could do, and now we really need to push forward and get that ultimate goal.

2. Nasherove went from a 19 point season to 95 points this year. He had a huge leap and proved he is the real deal.

3. Go hard every game.

4. I'd love to play close to home. East coast of the USA. 

5. I like Houston and Miami in VHLM in terms of technicals. I like Phoenic and DC as well. Vancouver has always been a cool simplistic concept.

6. Groundhog Day, Happy Gilmour, Goodfellas... I dunno too many classics.

1) We've clinched 1st overall in the VHLM ... how's it feel to officially be a 1st place team?

Feels great but the job isn’t done just yet!
2) Which of your teammates would you say has improved the most over the course of the season?

Definitely Nasherove. 

Nope. Gotta go into every game with the same mentality.

Denver, Colorado.
5) What team has your favourite logo in the VHL / VHLM?

Prague Phantoms logo is pretty dope

Honestly I don’t really have a sole favorite..

1) Onto the second round! What's your mindset going into the Semis?
2) If we could magically get one player from the VHL to help up in playoffs who would you want?
3) Jonny Pacheco @jpach has had a hot start to the playoffs do you think he can keep up the pace?
4) Who in the VHL (not VHLM) do you think is taking home the continental cup?
5) What do you think about the Mexico City Kings logo?
6) Is cereal a soup? Why or Why not?

8 hours ago, Zetterberg said:

2) If we could magically get one player from the VHL to help up in playoffs who would you want?
3) Jonny Pacheco @jpach has had a hot start to the playoffs do you think he can keep up the pace?

1) I think we certainly can. this team is an absolute wagon.

2) Honestly, I hardly follow the VHL, I'm always too focused on us.

3) Most certainly. if anyone can, it's him.

4) I'd have to pull for my club Moscow

5) Frankly, I have no clue what it is. good graphic design though

6) No. Due to the fact I am not a sociopath, it is not a soup.

12 hours ago, Zetterberg said:

1. The mindset won't change going into the second round of the playoffs

2. Honestly, I don't really know who to choose

3. He most certainly can  

4. I would say Seattle can win it 

5. It is way better than the old one for sure

6. Cereal is not a soup because it just isn't the same thing at all  

12 hours ago, Zetterberg said:

Don't over look them, it definitely won't be easy any team we face

Anybody but ray sheilds

For sure he's a goat 🐐🐐🐐

Hopefully HELSINKI bois

Wack

Is hotdog a sandwich? is the real question

On 4/28/2021 at 10:56 PM, Zetterberg said:

1. Keep the pace, don't stop working. I think we are all set and ready for the next round as we eye up our opponent Halifax.

2. Hate to say it, but Peffery Jines has been playing very well in the VHL Playoffs currently. Why not take the hottest player in the league..

3. It will be hard, only because I think our top line is ready to pop-off soon. Teams can only contain that line for so long. If their focus stays on the first line, then Pacheco should have a lot of opportunity to keep putting up points.

4. I think we will see a Warsaw/LA final, with Warsaw taking home the cup.

5. It's alright. I actually personally liked the old one. I don't think the logo was made with the intention of offending people, but we live in a world where you have to be very vanila and generic so you don't hurt feelings.

6. I think of Soup as something that can be heated up. Hot milk sounds horrible.

On 4/29/2021 at 4:56 AM, Zetterberg said:

to keep playing our game and getting those W

Groovydood, he would make the LR all groovy n' stuff which is fun

Absoloutely

Juice

Sick tbh

No, because if a soup is defined as a liquid with or without stuff in it water mights as well be soup, if you define soup as a liquid with stuff in it then water with ice cubers are also soup.

On 4/28/2021 at 10:56 PM, Zetterberg said:

1. Keep playing how we have all year.

2. groovydood. good overall player 

3. I think it will get harder but I think they can still do it. 

4. I have to say LA

5. I don't mind it. Either one was fine with me.

6. No. soups are not cereal is not.

• 3 weeks later...

MISSISSAUGA HOUNDS PRESS CONFERENCE

1. What are you getting up to during the Off-season?

2. Who wins the cup? Who is finishing last? (The VHLM or VHL)

3. What is a personal goal you'd like to achieve this year?

4. If your new to the team, what excited you the most when you were drafted/traded or signed to the Hounds? If you're not new, is there someone who's new to the squad you're interested in playing with?

5. Looking at the guys around you in the locker room, who seems to be the most hungry to win?

6. What logo is your least favourite? Why?

LETS GO HOUNDS

I was Boating in halifax when I got the call that I was trade so I'm trying to get a plane to Mississauga about now. and I should be their tonight for opening night on tomorrow 

2. Who wins the cup? Who is finishing last? (The VHLM or VHL)

I would like to say the hounds win the cup, however I think my old team in 21st will win it.

I think las Vegas finishes last

3. What is a personal goal you'd like to achieve this year?

While first off my first goal and second a point per game I want at less 30 goals this year

4. If your new to the team, what excited you the most when you were drafted/traded or signed to the Hounds? If you're not new, is there someone who's new to the squad you're interested in playing with?

I think its all the new team mates and faces that excite me and the chance to play on the top line with some very talented wingers. plus I like Z

5. Looking at the guys around you in the locker room, who seems to be the most hungry to win?

I mean me. I want a cup and I think this may be my last chance all tho I can stay around next year I don't know for sure if I will even tho I do plane too

6. What logo is your least favourite? Why?

the hounds logo I find is too simple just a dog I want it to be more hockey like and have a bit more too it. even just a hockey stick in it's mouth 

On 5/17/2021 at 9:20 PM, MexicanCow123 said:

This offseason, I spent time with my family and worked every day with my trainer.

2. Who wins the cup? Who is finishing last? (The VHLM or VHL)
I think we have a good chance to win the cup, and there are alot of teams that could be really bad, so I dont know who will finish last.

3. What is a personal goal you'd like to achieve this year?
Im just trying to get to know the guys and get comfortable with the team

4. If your new to the team, what excited you the most when you were drafted/traded or signed to the Hounds? If you're not new, is there someone who's new to the squad you're interested in playing with?
I was exited to join the squad because I only ever heard good things about them I was exited when I got the call and joined the team

5. Looking at the guys around you in the locker room, who seems to be the most hungry to win?
Thats a tough one. I think everyone wants to win, but I think Minion has the biggest stomach and is always hungry

6. What logo is your least favourite? Why?
I think the Seattle Bears logo is absolutely terrible. The color scheme looks like the rug at my grandmas house (sorry grandma)

LETS GO HOUNDS

1. During the off-season i was training a lot and i was also waiting for the draft, because i was very excited to see who would draft me

2. I think the Yukon Rush are the favorite for the Cup right now with zero regular defeat and based on our start of the season, i think that we will finish last, but we still can finish fourth in our conference.

3. I would like to be drafted top 10 overall in the next VHL draft.

4. Last year, the team did really good, so i was excited to play for a big team.

5. I will definitely go with Minion, he is obviously the guy who want to win the most.

6. Clearly the HC Davos Dynamo logo, because the logo does not mean anything, you can not really identify to this logo.

1. What's the biggest hot take you've heard this season?

2. Who would you say is the biggest surprise in the VHL/M this year? (Player or Team)

3. If you had the opportunity to change positions from/to F,D or G, Would you?

4. What's something a new league member can do to make a positive first impression?

5. We haven't gotten off to the best start. Do you think sneaking into the playoffs is realistic, or is it clear that this season should just be development? 

6. How's your NHL Playoff Bracket looking? Mines looking pretty rough right now?

LETS GO HOUNDS

2 hours ago, MexicanCow123 said:

1. What's the biggest hot take you've heard this season?

2. Who would you say is the biggest surprise in the VHL/M this year? (Player or Team)

3. If you had the opportunity to change positions from/to F,D or G, Would you?

4. What's something a new league member can do to make a positive first impression?

5. We haven't gotten off to the best start. Do you think sneaking into the playoffs is realistic, or is it clear that this season should just be development? 

6. How's your NHL Playoff Bracket looking? Mines looking pretty rough right now?

LETS GO HOUNDS

1. Me going in the first round of the VHL draft.

2. The impressive lack of defense in the M.

3. I would go to a D since there is a strong need for defenders.

4. The VHLE, they'll have a chance at setting a league-record

5. Hell no! We suck!

6. Mine is absolutely horrible.