S65 Off-Season Schedule

Beketov

• Admin
2 hours ago, Beketov said:

@Victor Could you please do a final post-draft check to make sure caps are all being met before the season?

I mean NY has been over the cap since trading for Shan.

Davos should be fine as long as the backup rule (50% of salary) is still active, although they can't afford Smeb.

• Commissioner
Just now, Victor said:

Davos should be fine as long as the backup rule (50% of salary) is still active, although they can't afford Smeb.

Davos also has 500k less, just something to keep in mind. I know @ShawnGlade was concerned about signing his draftees.

@Spade18 fix your shit.

• Admin
14 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Davos also has 500k less, just something to keep in mind. I know @ShawnGlade was concerned about signing his draftees.

@Spade18 fix your shit.

Oh right I forgot about that. They're over anyway as Crimson was at $500k lower than he should have been.

And Vancouver is over the prime cap because Harding was on the wrong salary. @Beaviss (they show up as over the overall cap as well on the portal but that's because it's not adding up the goalies correctly)

17 minutes ago, Victor said:

I would assume any transactions made after should be null and void until NY complies with the cap, no?

For the back-up rule, is it 50%, up to $2M, or free up to $2M, and then $2M is deducted? The rule book is pretty vague, and it predates my return.

• Admin
3 minutes ago, Quik said:

I would assume any transactions made after should be null and void until NY complies with the cap, no?

For the back-up rule, is it 50%, up to $2M, or free up to $2M, and then $2M is deducted? The rule book is pretty vague, and it predates my return.

Yeah the rule we've followed before is to not process the transactions that put them over until they clear cap for them. In this case that's the Shan trade and the Nano signing.

I didn't think the rule was that old, it wasn't around when I left in S52.

Oh and Riga is also over @hedgehog337 as garrop should be on $500k more than he was. That's both overall and prime caps. Edit: nope just overall , Garrop doesn't impact prime.

9 minutes ago, Victor said:

Oh and Riga is also over @hedgehog337 as garrop should be on $500k more than he was. That's both overall and prime caps. Edit: nope just overall , Garrop doesn't impact prime.

False. The finance cutoff was on April 28 and Garrop was still at 390 TPE. he should be back at 1.5M. 

• Admin
Just now, hedgehog337 said:

False. The finance cutoff was on April 28 and Garrop was still at 390 TPE. he should be back at 1.5M. 

He has 424 TPE and has earned 19 TPE in the week ending 5th May. Therefore he was at 405 TPE at April 28.

1 minute ago, Victor said:

He has 424 TPE and has earned 19 TPE in the week ending 5th May. Therefore he was at 405 TPE at April 28.

So you're just saying I should predict did he claim TPE at that period or not? Nah, this ain't it. I still stand that he should be 1.5M. 

• Admin
Just now, hedgehog337 said:

So you're just saying I should predict did he claim TPE at that period or not? Nah, this ain't it. I still stand that he should be 1.5M. 

them's the rules.

18 minutes ago, Victor said:

Yeah the rule we've followed before is to not process the transactions that put them over until they clear cap for them. In this case that's the Shan trade and the Nano signing. 

I didn't think the rule was that old, it wasn't around when I left in S52. 

Oh and Riga is also over @hedgehog337 as garrop should be on $500k more than he was. That's both overall and prime caps.

Ok, so if the Shan trade puts NY over the cap, he should also be on Riga's cap still, which would nullify any moves after that trade, I suspect? (Edit: I actually don't know how the Garrop trade would go, by the rulebook. It does reduce cap, so would still make sense as a means of getting under...)

And yeah, I'm not sure when it came in, but between you leaving S52, and me coming back late S55 I think, that's probably when it came in? Unless it's older and you just don't remember lol

• Admin
3 minutes ago, Quik said:

Ok, so if the Shan trade puts NY over the cap, he should also be on Riga's cap still, which would nullify any moves after that trade, I suspect?

If it comes to it yes, but precedent is to allow the team to get out of the current situation before annulling transactions. Especially as that would get a bit messy.

4 minutes ago, Victor said:

them's the rules.

He didn't claim TPE like since mid April, like now I should know how many TPE hes gonna have at the finance cutoff. Aha jokes. 

4 minutes ago, Quik said:

Ok, so if the Shan trade puts NY over the cap, he should also be on Riga's cap still, which would nullify any moves after that trade, I suspect?

I'm not taking him back. I'm not gonna deal with this over the cap bullshit just cause other GM didn't prolly know about the prime cap thing. I made the deal, that's it. After that, it's not my problems.

33 minutes ago, Victor said:

Oh right I forgot about that. They're over anyway as Crimson was at $500k lower than he should have been.

And Vancouver is over the prime cap because Harding was on the wrong salary. @Beaviss (they show up as over the overall cap as well on the portal but that's because it's not adding up the goalies correctly)

Im over the prime cap? I did the math and it seemed like I was in the clear? Are you sure?

On 5/4/2019 at 5:37 PM, Peace said:

@Beketov
@Quik

Hey, just a question, but the TPE cutoff is Sunday. 

Training camps end Monday. 

Can players staying down this season still claim training camp after the TPE cutoff and stay down? 

Say R. Peace is at 199 TPE and got drafted today, waits until Monday to claim the +10 (which is after the cutoff, so he's eligible for VHLM play still), and the +10 to gets him to 209 on that Monday. 

Is this an oversight or a one-time deal this season because of how late the draft is? 

Once again... 

@Quik
@Beketov

Answer would be appreciated. Have a few players wanting to know, can't tell them shit because nothing is being communicated to me (or Bana for that fact). 

Edited by Peace

2 minutes ago, Peace said:

Once again... 

@Quik
@Beketov

Answer would be appreciated. Have a few players wanting to know, can't tell them shit because nothing is being communicated to me (or Bana for that fact). 

Training Camp is TPE earned prior to the VHLM cutoff, so whether they claimed it yesterday or today, it counts towards the 200 TPE limit. If they were under the cutoff yesterday, they are eligible to claim whatever will get them to 200 at the cutoff (i.e. if they were at 193 at the cutoff, they may claim 7 TPE from TC).

@VHL GM @VHLM GM tagging both so you can answer any questions your players/prospects may have.

4 minutes ago, Quik said:

Training Camp is TPE earned prior to the VHLM cutoff, so whether they claimed it yesterday or today, it counts towards the 200 TPE limit. If they were under the cutoff yesterday, they are eligible to claim whatever will get them to 200 at the cutoff (i.e. if they were at 193 at the cutoff, they may claim 7 TPE from TC).

@VHL GM @VHLM GM tagging both so you can answer any questions your players/prospects may have.

So the two prospects on my team that now have 200+ because of this have to come up? This cap is turning into a nightmare.

8 minutes ago, Quik said:

Since you have perms in portal, cut 9 TPE off of Aleksander Rodriguez. He already claimed TC 5h ago which would put him at 209, but he wants to stay down in minors.

P.S l assume he claimed these cause he still has 199. If so just deny his update if he put it already.

Edited by hedgehog337

5 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

So the two prospects on my team that now have 200+ because of this have to come up? This cap is turning into a nightmare. 

Talk to him, get him to PM me and it can be reverted if he wants to pass up the 9 TPE and stay down.

2 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

Since you have perms in portal, cut 9 TPE off of Aleksander Rodriguez. He already claimed TC 5h ago which would put him at 209, but he wants to stay down in minors.

Same thing, get them to PM me and I can cut the TPE. I won't take TPE away from players who aren't confirming they want it gone.

Just now, Quik said:

Talk to him, get him to PM me and it can be reverted if he wants to pass up the 9 TPE and stay down.

Same thing, get them to PM me and I can cut the TPE. I won't take TPE away from players who aren't confirming they want it gone.

I feel like this is alot of work I assumed the VHLM cut off was the same as the VHL one.... but now I see it at the bottom. RIP my cap