S65 Off-Season Schedule

Beketov

3 minutes ago, ShawnGlade said:

So what I'm hearing is that half the teams are over the cap one way or another

I heard 3/10

Shouldnt I be on the cap exactly? I was told that backup under 2M was exempt. If I'm at 41M, have a 39.5M cap, and my backup is on a 1.5M deal, that should mean that without him I'm on the cap. Obviously I still have to sign Smeb but I shouldn't be over

Edited by ShawnGlade

• Commissioner
8 minutes ago, Esso2264 said:

so you're saying that im losing a player that wants to stay down because TC rule is not clear?

Pretty sure @Quik just said if they want to forgo the TC TPE we can remove it from them and they can choose to stay down.

19 minutes ago, ShawnGlade said:

Shouldnt I be on the cap exactly? I was told that backup under 2M was exempt. If I'm at 41M, have a 39.5M cap, and my backup is on a 1.5M deal, that should mean that without him I'm on the cap. Obviously I still have to sign Smeb but I shouldn't be over

With his contract counting on the cap, you're at $41M. With him not counting, you're $500k below...

4 minutes ago, Quik said:

With his contract counting on the cap, you're at $41M. With him not counting, you're $500k below...

.........and? His contract shouldn't count. I've been told a few times by different people that backups under 2M dont count, so i should be under the cap or at least on it

Just now, ShawnGlade said:

.........and? His contract shouldn't count. I've been told a few times by different people that backups under 2M dont count, so i should be under the cap or at least on it

I think you're getting confused. I'm saying that, yes, right now, you're at $39.5M..................................................

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, ShawnGlade said:

I could be wrong but I believe @Quik is referring to Chico’s contract, not your backup. Without signing Chico you’re dead on as you said. It’s signing him that’s the issue.

Just now, Quik said:

I think you're getting confused. I'm saying that, yes, right now, you're at $39.5M..................................................

I thought you were telling me I'm over anyways

But yes, not sure why everywhere shows me as over the cap when I'm not. I obviously still have the Smeb contract to worry about but currently I am good cap-wise

1 minute ago, Beketov said:

I could be wrong but I believe @Quik is referring to Chico’s contract, not your backup. Without signing Chico you’re dead on as you said. It’s signing him that’s the issue.

Right and I notice that. I just wanna clear it up as the portal and spreadsheet both show me over when I'm really not

1 minute ago, ShawnGlade said:

I thought you were telling me I'm over anyways

But yes, not sure why everywhere shows me as over the cap when I'm not. I obviously still have the Smeb contract to worry about but currently I am good cap-wise 

The portal doesn't have the ability to identify backup goalies as not counting. The spreadsheet shows, above your cap numbers, that with the backup rule in place, you're at $39.5M right now. It's just keeping track of your backup's salary for book-keeping purposes

2 minutes ago, Quik said:

The portal doesn't have the ability to identify backup goalies as not counting. The spreadsheet shows, above your cap numbers, that with the backup rule in place, you're at $39.5M right now. It's just keeping track of your backup's salary for book-keeping purposes

I could be wrong but I think that's there because I only have a 39.5M cap this season due to the backup fiasco at the end of last season

7 minutes ago, ShawnGlade said:

I could be wrong but I think that's there because I only have a 39.5M cap this season due to the backup fiasco at the end of last season

Oh, right. Then yeah, you're right at your cap.

• Admin

Yup, Davos and Riga are fine now.

@Beaviss, I've put Nixon to $0 as well but you're still over the prime cap (just a bit more wiggle room on the overall). New York is still over on both overall and prime (500k and 4.5mil respectively).

1 minute ago, Victor said:

Yup, Davos and Riga are fine now.

@Beaviss, I've put Nixon to $0 as well but you're still over the prime cap (just a bit more wiggle room on the overall). New York is still over on both overall and prime (500k and 4.5mil respectively).

Im trying to find a partner will hopefully be ready to go by tonight.

5 hours ago, Quik said:

Training Camp is TPE earned prior to the VHLM cutoff, so whether they claimed it yesterday or today, it counts towards the 200 TPE limit. If they were under the cutoff yesterday, they are eligible to claim whatever will get them to 200 at the cutoff (i.e. if they were at 193 at the cutoff, they may claim 7 TPE from TC).

@VHL GM @VHLM GM tagging both so you can answer any questions your players/prospects may have.

So my thoughts on the situation are this --> The draft changed a lot of things this off-season and I understand with expansion and how the portal can be, things get silly - off track and what not. The schedule was a little messed up - especially with cut-off dates being in the middle of the week and being moved to Sunday, Training Camp opening and at one point closing prior to the draft and then being moved. You name it - it was basically an obstacle. It had zero to do with the VHLM. The off-season has been done for a week. Therefor, they shouldn't be punished for potentially poor scheduling, a little bit of a messy off-season and lack of maybe experience on the site. Please, do not take this as hostile as it's the furthest thing and I am 100% not cutting you or Beketov down. I'm just the VHLM commissioner and know the daily stress, struggles and frustrating moments. We appreciate what you both do when you find the time in your lives. :cheers: 

I'm sure new members wouldn't understand the concept the best. The cut-off date was this previous Sunday and they knew they were unable to claim anything that would put them over the cap for that week. IF any did say a media spot or something that deliberately did it, can't really say much or help. That's your problem basically. However, Training Camp did extend into this week - could easily be claimed for this week instead of last week because of it. This week is not last week and does follow after the TPE Cut-Off Point. However, the start date for it was last week.

IF anything, any player that was put over the potentially due to the training camp that claimed this week - I'd erase some TPE from them if they agree to it and wish to stay down. If they're at 207 TPE, they drop to 200. If they're at 201 --> 200 etc. Those are my thoughts. Any player who abided by the Sunday "Cut-off" TPE deadline should be good in my eyes as long as the situations are appropriate etc. I'd hate to see members - who really maybe enjoy the VHLM, do not wish to play up and really did their best to stay under - get fucked and then it affect the levels of enjoyment in these leagues or themselves as members. 

I'm glad we basically agree on this.  @VHLM GM  I too can help in situations with removing TPE and confirmation. Get in contact ASAP. 

@diamond_ace

1 minute ago, Banackock said:

I'm sure new members wouldn't understand the concept the best.

Can confirm, I most definitely would have screwed this up had I been in this situation.

4 minutes ago, Banackock said:

So my thoughts on the situation are this --> The draft changed a lot of things this off-season and I understand with expansion and how the portal can be, things get silly - off track and what not. The schedule was a little messed up - especially with cut-off dates being in the middle of the week and being moved to Sunday, Training Camp opening and at one point closing prior to the draft and then being moved. You name it - it was basically an obstacle. It had zero to do with the VHLM. The off-season has been done for a week. Therefor, they shouldn't be punished for potentially poor scheduling, a little bit of a messy off-season and lack of maybe experience on the site. Please, do not take this as hostile as it's the furthest thing and I am 100% not cutting you or Beketov down. I'm just the VHLM commissioner and know the daily stress, struggles and frustrating moments. We appreciate what you both do when you find the time in your lives. :cheers: 

I'm sure new members wouldn't understand the concept the best. The cut-off date was this previous Sunday and they knew they were unable to claim anything that would put them over the cap for that week. IF any did say a media spot or something that deliberately did it, can't really say much or help. That's your problem basically. However, Training Camp did extend into this week - could easily be claimed for this week instead of last week because of it. This week is not last week and does follow after the TPE Cut-Off Point. However, the start date for it was last week.

IF anything, any player that was put over the potentially due to the training camp that claimed this week - I'd erase some TPE from them if they agree to it and wish to stay down. If they're at 207 TPE, they drop to 200. If they're at 201 --> 200 etc. Those are my thoughts. Any player who abided by the Sunday "Cut-off" TPE deadline should be good in my eyes as long as the situations are appropriate etc. I'd hate to see members - who really maybe enjoy the VHLM, do not wish to play up and really did their best to stay under - get fucked and then it affect the levels of enjoyment in these leagues or themselves as members. 

I'm glad we basically agree on this.  @VHLM GM  I too can help in situations with removing TPE and confirmation. Get in contact ASAP. 

@diamond_ace

definitely agree

• Commissioner

We’ve said several times if players want to forgo TC and have it be removed to stay down we’ll accommodate that but we need to hear from the players.