Moscow Menace Press Conference

8 hours ago, Spartan said:

Alright, alright. I know @fever95 just posted questions a couple days ago but I'll consider that for last week. Here are some more questions for the week of 10/18!

:mos:MOSCOW MOSCOW MOSCOW:mos:

1. Moscow is currently AGM-less after the departure of Eagles. Do you think it's time for Moscow to hire a new AGM? Does Victor need one?

2. Raymond @Mr_Hatter Bernard has his sights set on the Hall of Fame. What can we do as a team to help him get some accolades this season so he can get in?

3. Newhook, Angellini, and Stansson have been our rookies this season. How have they been doing? If you're one of these three rookies, how would you assess your performance?

4. Last week was theme week, and the theme was Dream Team. Who was someone you wanted to add on your dream team, but just narrowly missed the cut? (Here's your chance to recognize someone you may not have been able to!)

5. Vladimir @Victor Pavlov is having a career year. What have you seen from him both on and off the ice that could have led to this amazing late-career surge?

6. Alex Letang seems to have too much confidence and swagger right now. Roast him so his head doesn't get too big.

1. I think things are going smoothly for now. I’m sure if he needs some more help he will ask.

2. Winning the cup would be one thing! 

3. They’ve been having great seasons, really knocking on the door for even better seasons next year!

4. @KyleDean Clarke 100% was around every season I spent in Moscow

5. In the past Moscow have had another defencemen close or on pavlovs level. I think the balance allows him to put up tons of points while still playing defence well.

6. Pavlov is still your daddy?

• 2 weeks later...

Wow does this page need some new questions or what!

1. Who scares you the most going into the playoffs?

2. Moscow had a weirdly shaky end to the season, can we get back to top form for the playoffs?

3. Whats one team that you have to tie yourself towards as the team that got you interested or more excited about the VHL? (Don’t worry, if you don’t say Moscow then @Victor won’t hit you too hard?)

4. Would you say you do more, less, or the same amount of sports on TV since the pandemic hit around March?

5. I am in need of a new Netflix show to binge, suggestions?

6. Whether you retire have to retire next year or have a newer player now, do you plan on recreating?

1. Probably Riga considering they've been our playoff weakness for a bit now.

2. Absolutely. We were just conserving our energy for the playoffs since we had the Victory Cup locked down.

3. I think it might actually have been DC since Eno was the first one to reach out to me for draft scouting purposes. Victor was the very last GM to talk to me, which was 10 minutes before the draft and he didn't even ask me scouting questions smh.

4. Probably about the same now that sports are generally back. I watch the Steelers every Sunday, and I watched all the Pens games that happened. Sometimes I watch extra games of football on Sundays, but with school projects increasing in number, my Sunday's after football are dedicated to meetings.

5. I watched Naruto recently, a good show. Money Heist was also interesting, but it's a Spanish show dubbed in English. If you have Prime Video though, The Expanse is a great show if you're interested in sci-fi and action.

6. Most likely, yeah, I will. I made Letang to replicate Kris Letang in the NHL, so I'll probably make a RW to replicate Phil Kessel with my next player.

5 hours ago, Telkster said:

2. Moscow had a weirdly shaky end to the season, can we get back to top form for the playoffs?

3. Whats one team that you have to tie yourself towards as the team that got you interested or more excited about the VHL? (Don’t worry, if you don’t say Moscow then @Victor won’t hit you too hard?)

4. Would you say you do more, less, or the same amount of sports on TV since the pandemic hit around March?

6. Whether you retire have to retire next year or have a newer player now, do you plan on recreating?

1. I fear nobody in this league.

2. we'll be fine. Clinching it early might have been a bad thing.

3.  Its Moscow cause they brought me in and gave me the opportunity

4. The same

5. QB1 

6. not much thought. I'm fairly a young player still.

Malmo looks strong on a 3 game win streak into the playoffs. Looks like we need to get back on track.

I am hoping so. We were riding high for so long it was bound to come down a bit. I think we can turn it on now that the games matter most.

3. Whats one team that you have to tie yourself towards as the team that got you interested or more excited about the VHL? (Don’t worry, if you don’t say Moscow then @Victor won’t hit you too hard)

Moscow has been my destination since the start. @Victor claimed Angellini very early on and I've only been interested in playing for the Motherland since.

I am watching as much as I can. I binged the NHL playoffs (Sad Pens fan :( ), been following MLB playoffs (Go Rays), and now I'm right back into NFL as usual (Go Steelers)

I have been watching all the Star Trek series since the pandemic started. I finished TNG, Deep Space 9, and Voyager. I am now watching Enterprise (definitely not as good as the others). I recommend all of the series as they are full of content and much better than the regurgitated crap coming out currently.

I am very early on in my VHL career but I would recreate once the time came. I am still in my first calendar year but I'm in my 3rd VHL season (first VHL, had 2 in VHLM). It is a nice hobby to have!

Happy Movember boys! Let’s kick off the new month with some more questions.

1. It was a very disappointing end to the season, can we go further next year?

2. The discord is understandably more quiet due to the shorter then expected off-season, how important is it to keep up communication?

3. Do you prefer white noise when you sleep or pure silence?

4. What’s your favourite show to watch on a rainy day?

5. Name a second player you think could get 100 points next year besides Lahtinen.

6. Telker needs some motivation to write a media spot since he retires next year. What do you yell at him to wake up?

3 hours ago, Telkster said:

1. It was a very disappointing end to the season, can we go further next year?

2. The discord is understandably more quiet due to the shorter then expected off-season, how important is it to keep up communication?

3. Do you prefer white noise when you sleep or pure silence?

4. What’s your favourite show to watch on a rainy day?

5. Name a second player you think could get 100 points next year besides Lahtinen.

6. Telker needs some motivation to write a media spot since he retires next year. What do you yell at him to wake up?

1.Tough, real tough but we have no choice to lace them up and get back at it.

2.Everyone is devastated. We’ll be alright.

3.Silience.

4. Binge watch an old MeTV show from 70’s and 80’s

5. Calia ?

6. Wake up bro, we can do good things 

On 10/25/2020 at 3:52 PM, Telkster said:

1. I'm not scared of anyone.

2. For sure, never doubt the core Moscow group.

3. Moscow for sure, they blossomed me into who I am today, Saskatoon as well.

4. More Sports.

5. The Arrow! Or Naruto

6. Depends on my work load.

New questions!

1. The Moscow discord really drops off in activity in the off-season. in your opinion, is it important to keep activity up during these times?

2. What's the first thing you wanna watch during a snowstorm?

3. What's your player's favorite work out during the off-season?

4. Favorite CHL team? if you aren't from Canada ill take answer's from other countries too!

5. What's your favorite sport besides hockey?

6. Telker really needs to run to the pooper so he's typing this last question out really fast. what will his top speed be on the way in KM/H?

On 10/12/2020 at 3:12 AM, Spartan said:

Alright, alright. I know @fever95 just posted questions a couple days ago but I'll consider that for last week. Here are some more questions for the week of 10/18!

:mos:MOSCOW MOSCOW MOSCOW:mos:

1. Moscow is currently AGM-less after the departure of Eagles. Do you think it's time for Moscow to hire a new AGM? Does Victor need one?

2. Raymond @Mr_Hatter Bernard has his sights set on the Hall of Fame. What can we do as a team to help him get some accolades this season so he can get in?

3. Newhook, Angellini, and Stansson have been our rookies this season. How have they been doing? If you're one of these three rookies, how would you assess your performance?

4. Last week was theme week, and the theme was Dream Team. Who was someone you wanted to add on your dream team, but just narrowly missed the cut? (Here's your chance to recognize someone you may not have been able to!)

5. Vladimir @Victor Pavlov is having a career year. What have you seen from him both on and off the ice that could have led to this amazing late-career surge?

6. Alex Letang seems to have too much confidence and swagger right now. Roast him so his head doesn't get too big.

1. No, Victor is perfectly fine on his own.

2. Just pass him the puck and let him do his own thing!

3. I think they are doing fine, as all Moscow rookies usually do.

4. Hmm, I didn't do that, but if I had to say, it would be Beaviss.

5. His work ethic is admirable!

6. You need some milk young man.

On 11/1/2020 at 6:58 AM, Telkster said:

1. It was a very disappointing end to the season, can we go further next year? Yeah I hope we can get all the way.

2. The discord is understandably more quiet due to the shorter then expected off-season, how important is it to keep up communication? I think the rookies will need to get acclimated to their new environment

3. Do you prefer white noise when you sleep or pure silence? I used to say silence but now I like listening to hurricanes

4. What’s your favourite show to watch on a rainy day? Transformers G1

5. Name a second player you think could get 100 points next year besides Lahtinen. I have no clue

Get up old man

On 11/8/2020 at 1:24 PM, Telkster said:

New questions!

1. The Moscow discord really drops off in activity in the off-season. in your opinion, is it important to keep activity up during these times?

4. Favorite CHL team? if you aren't from Canada ill take answer's from other countries too!

6. Telker really needs to run to the pooper so he's typing this last question out really fast. what will his top speed be on the way in KM/H?

1. Where it's important to stay in touch, player do have busy lives outside the game.

2. a Movie

3. Like going on a 5 mile run in the morning.

4. London Knights

5. Football

6.  Wow bro, your reaching  :)

New questions!

1 uh, not on discord

2 Nailed It

3 Pullups 

4 im american, but im a big fan of the Mississauga Steelheads. Dunno why. Also like Vancouver giants and Rimouski Oceanic

5 Baseball

6 59.127654 km/h

I think moderate activity is good but team communication should definitely be present.

Don't get many snowstorms where I live but I'd be watching some Star Trek regardless

Bulgarian Split Squats and tire flips

I am an American (I know, pretty awful these days). But I do support the Penguins AHL Affiliate, the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Baby Penguins

Football, probably. Big Steelers Fan.

I'd say about 7.5 kph.

• Admin
8 hours ago, GrittyIsKing09 said:

Also like Vancouver giants

My first or second ever hockey game I went to was the Giants. There were like 11 goals and 2 fights and they won the cup either that season or the next. Forever have a special place in my heart.

New questions!

1. I think it's always important to keep activity up. We're all on this team together, and we can have a great experience all together.

2. Home Alone, for sure. That's my snow movie.

3. One-timer practice. Gotta work on those slapshots to get my scoring up.

4. Uh well, I don't follow leagues outside the NHL much lol. Too many players to keep track of.

5. Football! Pittsburgh Steelers, 8-0 season!

6. Going to guess 6.4 KM/H, you're running in a house and I'm guessing it's not a straight line to the shitter.

New questions!

It is important to have some activity but keeping it at the same level it is during the season is unnecesary.

The snow outside.

Ass-building squats.

The Peterborough Petes cause I have a Petes shirt.

Baseball

30 KM/H. He's gotta go fast.

On 11/8/2020 at 11:24 AM, Telkster said:

New questions!

1. I think more activity means a more stronger team overall, so I think it is important to try.

2. Winchester

3. The beep test 

4. Lethbridge hurricanes 

5. soccer

6. I’ll guess 15km/h, I do have some longer hallways in the house?

Can I do questions?

1. What will our record be this year?

2.  Who will grab the most points on Moscow?

3. Most Goals on Moscow?

4. Where did you're player go to relax during the off season?

5. In the M, who will win the championships?

6. Powerade or Gatorade?

Edited by GrittyIsKing09

On 11/18/2020 at 10:54 AM, GrittyIsKing09 said:

Can I do questions?

1. What will our record be this year?

2.  Who will grab the most points on Moscow?

3. Most Goals on Moscow?

4. Where did you're player go to relax during the off season?

5. In the M, who will win the championships?

6. Powerade or Gatorade?

Thanks for the questions!

1. I’ll go with 45-20-6.

2. Lahtinen.

3. Lahtinen again haha.

4. He went to a 5 star resort in Mexico 

5. That’s a tough question. I haven’t been keeping up with the M too much.

6. Gatorade, better flavours!

Questions; Week of 11/23:

1. We are off to a slow start this season. How do we get back on track?

2. We have some new faces in the LR, how are they fitting in so far?

3. After our early exit last playoffs, how do you think Moscow will end up this season?

4. How do you feel about the Bot lately? Are we being shafted?

5. If your player is off to a slow start this season (like mine), how do you plan to get back in the groove?

6. It's Thanksgiving week in the US. What are you thankful for?

5 minutes ago, okifenoki said:

Questions; Week of 11/23:

1. We are off to a slow start this season. How do we get back on track?

Just gotta get back to our game. We're playing some sloppy hockey.

2. We have some new faces in the LR, how are they fitting in so far?

Some good folks in here, loving their activity so far, but more activity wouldn't hurt either.

3. After our early exit last playoffs, how do you think Moscow will end up this season?

Well, hopefully not another early exit. I'm fine with getting losses out of the way now than in the playoffs.

4. How do you feel about the Bot lately? Are we being shafted?

Dunno if it's the bot or forums or the poster, but technology just isn't on our side this month. 

5. If your player is off to a slow start this season (like mine), how do you plan to get back in the groove?

letang is doing alright, and I think he just needs some time to get used to his new D partner @UnkemptCL4PTP

6. It's Thanksgiving week in the US. What are you thankful for?

Being done with most of my finals for this semester. Online classes, and classes in general, suck.