Moscow Menace Press Conference

29 minutes ago, okifenoki said:

Questions; Week of 11/23:

1. We are off to a slow start this season. How do we get back on track?

Keep the lines the same for a bit, the constant changes may keep the players from finding a foothold.

2. We have some new faces in the LR, how are they fitting in so far?

I think they're fitting in great. 

3. After our early exit last playoffs, how do you think Moscow will end up this season?

Probably either another early exit or a second round one.

4. How do you feel about the Bot lately? Are we being shafted?

I think we're getting unusually unlucky but it should even out as the season goes on. 

5. If your player is off to a slow start this season (like mine), how do you plan to get back in the groove?

I'm just gonna keep improving my tpa in defense passing and scoring.

6. It's Thanksgiving week in the US. What are you thankful for?

I am thankful that I have not gotten sick.

On 11/23/2020 at 12:04 PM, okifenoki said:

3. After our early exit last playoffs, how do you think Moscow will end up this season?

5. If your player is off to a slow start this season (like mine), how do you plan to get back in the groove?

1. Give it time. We got off slow last year and turned it on.

2. Fine. It’s takes time to make the adjustment 

3.I expect a deep run in the playoffs 

4. Confused

5. Only takes one game to get hot

6. Family, and Sports

On 11/23/2020 at 10:04 AM, okifenoki said:

1. A better defense and a maintained offense is all we really need. 

2. They are friendly new faces that I have great hope in for the future!

3. I think we can grow the most as a team this season. we have a decent prospect pool, and plenty of young high end talent on the starting roster. 

4. We might be. I also think our regular season was a bit of an overperformance last season, followed by a heavy underperformance in the playoffs.

5. My player is doing what I hoped he would in his current condition. I'd maybe ask for a bit more consistency production wise but that's about it. 

6. I'm thankful I have things like the VHL to keep me interested in my day to day routine. I may work 50 hours a week, but there's still lots of downtime to fill in despite that.

• 2 weeks later...

Some new questions!

1. Despite the joyous rocket ride now, We have a terrible habit hitting random slumps. what can we do to change that?

2. How early is too early for Christmas decorations?

3. Who is you're guess for captain once I leave?

4. Who has made the biggest stride in your opinion since this time last season?

5. What is your favorite mobile phone game?

6. What is the best meme player name you've seen in the VHL?

16 minutes ago, Telkster said:

Some new questions!

1. Despite the joyous rocket ride now, We have a terrible habit hitting random slumps. what can we do to change that?

1. It's nice to finally get on a hot streak. Nothing we can really change here, I think this is how we are supposed to play, minus the STHS shaft. I think that's beyond us now.

2. Christmas decorations go up after Thanksgiving, no sooner.

3. I could see @Beketov getting the captaincy, if he re-signs with the squad ❤️.

4. He's our only rookie, but @UnkemptCL4PTP has stepped into a big role. Props to you buddy.

5. Used to be Madden Mobile, but that gave sucks now lol. Don't have a favorite rn, hoping to find a favorite that sticks.

6. RaRa Rasputin, or Muffbeav

1 hour ago, Telkster said:

Some new questions!

1. Boom, Flip it. Let's try out consistency instead!

2. It is always too early. (I am a Grinch). Not really, anytime in December is fine. Just... fuck christmas music.

3. I'd say @Beketov. He is a solid player and active in the LR.

4. Fat Palloon @UnkemptCL4PTPhas come out of nowhere. I see him getting on the scoresheet almost every game. Solid for a D-Man.

5. I'm a numbers guy so I like boring stuff like 2048.

6. I'm very jealous of the hilarious Randy Marsh @oilmandan

On 12/5/2020 at 1:33 PM, Telkster said:

Some new questions!

1. Maybe mixing up lines?

2. It’s never to early in my house.

3. I wouldn’t mind being a Captain. I have no problems sticking up for my mates on the ice and in the locker room

4. Tough question.  I think so far I’ve stepped up my game

5. Dont have one

6. Groovy Dood

My last ever question set for you lads😭

1. What is your favorite memory of Nate Telker? (If your newer you can pick something as recent as you want)

2. With my captaincy being passed down to someone in the near future, who is your vote for the next assistant captain? 

3. What is your favorite and least favorite Christmas song?

4. How many days have you missed for the 12 days of Christmas? (I've missed 1-2 lol)

5. What was the temperature of the coldest weather you ever braced? (I'm in Canada, so probably a few -40 wind chills at the minimum haha)

6. Where is the furthest north you have ever been in your life?

2 hours ago, Telkster said:

1. What is your favorite memory of Nate Telker? (If your newer you can pick something as recent as you want)

2. With my captaincy being passed down to someone in the near future, who is your vote for the next assistant captain? 

4. How many days have you missed for the 12 days of Christmas? (I've missed 1-2 lol)

5. What was the temperature of the coldest weather you ever braced? (I'm in Canada, so probably a few -40 wind chills at the minimum haha)

1. Just getting to play with such a GOAT is an honor. Its been 2 short seasons but I am humbled!

2. I vote for Newhook

3. Best Christmas Song is "Christmas in Hollis" by RUN DMC. Worst Christmas song is ALL OF THEM (especially "All I want for christmas is you"

4. I have missed 3 or 4 I think

5. I am from Pennsylvania but grew up in Florida. The lowest I've probably been in is -2 or -3.

6. Toronto, CA on a college trip

8 hours ago, Telkster said:

Your fight win.

Pietro if he isn't already.

Favorite is also Christmas in the Hollis. Least favorite is probably Wonderful Christmastime

When are those again?

-17 in my pajamas.

The other side of Ottawa river from Ottawa

• 3 weeks later...
  • Admin

Happy Saturday fellow Muscovites!

1. How did you celebrate the end of the monstrosity that was 2020?

2. We were down 5-4 with less than 2 minutes to go in Game 7 against Helsinki - did you think we could still turn it around?

3. What do you think we owe Lahtinen as a team for his clutch heroics in those last 2 minutes?

4. It's down to no more than 14 games in a Moscow jersey for our veterans Telker and Bernard. What will you miss the most about them?

5. With Telker retiring after 2 seasons of leading the Menace, who do you think would make a good captain for S76?

6. How terrified are you about the prospect of Rara Rasputin replacing Bernard in net next season?

@GrittyIsKing09 @Telkster @okifenoki @VinCal @Spartan @UnkemptCL4PTP @fever95 @Mr_Hatter

3 hours ago, Victor said:

2. We were down 5-4 with less than 2 minutes to go in Game 7 against Helsinki - did you think we could still turn it around?

3. What do you think we owe Lahtinen as a team for his clutch heroics in those last 2 minutes?

4. It's down to no more than 14 games in a Moscow jersey for our veterans Telker and Bernard. What will you miss the most about them?

5. With Telker retiring after 2 seasons of leading the Menace, who do you think would make a good captain for S76?

6. How terrified are you about the prospect of Rara Rasputin replacing Bernard in net next season?

@GrittyIsKing09 @Telkster @okifenoki @VinCal @Spartan @UnkemptCL4PTP @fever95 @Mr_Hatter

1. I cooked a very large amount of food and hung out at home, watching sports and playing video games.

2. Never lose faith in the Russian Machine. Moscow has the power!

3. Nothing short of Playoff MVP Honors. Lahtinen was able to bury the biscuit and propel us into the semifinals.

4. Their on-ice contributions as well as their locker room presence. As a newer addition, it has been an honor playing with such awesome veterans.

5. I think Alex Letang could be a good captain. He anchors our blueline and keeps things manageable.

6. I have faith in Rara. He may not be Simon's favorite but he will get better as time goes on!

Very quietly. Crying into my beer and wishing that the clock would tick over already. Good riddance 2020.

I am always confident that a team from Russia can do anything. History has shown that they have rugged determination.

Nothing. As team superstar, it's his job to excel in difficult situations. That's why he's paid the big money.

Not having had much exposure to either of them, I'll just wish them the best in retirement and thank them for their contributions to the Menace.

I'd be looking at Letang. Quality player who will be influencing the Moscow Menace for several seasons to come.

From a possible opposing team perspective, a failed monk and self proclaimed mystic healer holds no fear for me. 

On 1/2/2021 at 6:25 AM, Victor said:

1. I just spent Christmas and New Years with immediate family and the girlfriend!

2. I would’ve thought there is no chance, but never count out Lahtinen😁.

3. Pour water over him after the game in the dressing room, we’ll save the keg for the cup😉.

4. I’ll miss Bernard for his insane goaltending!

5. There’s definitely a couple candidates I think, Letang would probably be 1 on my list due to skill and length of time combined here, but there’s more who could do the job too!

6. It’s kinda scary to think about, with enough development I’m sure he’ll be up to a high caliber in 2 seasons, but that requires time.

• Admin

1. Well, we're out of the playoffs but it was our best run in the while. What are you doing to work on in the off-season to take the next step in S76?

2. What's one area of the team you'd be looking to improve in S76 based on our S75 performance?

3. What lovely gift should we give the VHL's refereeing team after their outstanding work during our series with Malmo?

4. Who do you want to win between D.C. and Malmo?

5. Any prospects catch your eye in the upcoming S76 entry draft?

6. What was your favourite VHL city to visit this past season?

@GrittyIsKing09 @Kelsier @Telkster @okifenoki @VinCal @Spartan @UnkemptCL4PTP @fever95 @Mr_Hatter

44 minutes ago, Victor said:

1. Well, we're out of the playoffs but it was our best run in the while. What are you doing to work on in the off-season to take the next step in S76?

2. What's one area of the team you'd be looking to improve in S76 based on our S75 performance?

3. What lovely gift should we give the VHL's refereeing team after their outstanding work during our series with Malmo?

1. Shoot for 10 capped a week

2. Man, i dunno. Offense?? I think we are pretty solid overall.

3. A vacation to wherever they'd like for 1 week

4. i like both teams, malmo cuz of colors, and D.C. because. But D.C., for my man groovy dood

5. I haven't payed much attention, but whoever is 2nd in the tpe rankings

6. Vancouver and Toronto are always lovely

11 minutes ago, Victor said:

I'm going to try and get my defense and skating up. Hopefully I can break 500 tpe next season. That and some more shotblocking.

We need to lower the amount of penalties we take as that's the main reason we lost the series against Malmo.

I will be writing a handwitten apology to the officials for any abuse they may have received at my hands.

DC all the way. Where even is Malmo.

I like the look of Evgeny Bernov or maybe a Napoleon Bonaparte. A new center would help fill the Telker shaped hole.

DC because of its great food and the fact that its 40 minutes away.

@GrittyIsKing09 @Kelsier @Telkster @okifenoki @VinCal @Spartan @UnkemptCL4PTP @fever95 @Mr_Hatter

Getting back in the Cap-Out TPE Groove. 2nd half of 2020 I got a bit off track. I plan to be back in business ASAP.

We lost a lot of close games. I feel that defensive responsibility is an area we could work on. We were pretty solid after a slow start. I think we can do even better in S76.

I feel they deserve a nice vacation. Maybe something in the south of France. Get those boys a Yacht.

I'd like to see DC win. If it can't be us from the Euro side, I'd rather see a USA team take the cup.

I will need to look into that. We need to replace Telker. I am hoping to help fill the void myself but any new prospects who can chip in are more than welcome.

I was a big fan of Prague. Historic city, beautiful libraries, and an old-world culture. 

On 1/8/2021 at 12:04 PM, Victor said:

1. Since Nate is retiring, Brendan is working on improving almost everything for next season!

2. Consistency from the forwards, too many 2-1 and 2-0 games where we didn’t show up.

3. A 5$ discount coupon to referee refresher school.😂

4. Malmo, always cheer the team on that you lost to.

5. Ive been seeing Abe Roque’s name around quite a bit, maybe check him out?

6. Vegas, always a good time.😁 

• Admin

Don't know who needs PC TPE of our new players so tagging everyone: 

@Enorama @TTtheT @MexicanCow123 @Ricer13 @MSO94  @Kelsier @Beketov @Josh @Spartan @UnkemptCL4PTP @okifenoki @GrittyIsKing09 @Owen Taylor @correllvincent @BiPsen @BigZouzou @Anthony Suzuki @KingMortie @Grapes-Tophat_Clan- @Jakefufu @BrutalBoost

1. We decided to make some big moves on the first day of the off-season. Which of Kris Rice, Jacob Tonn, Ryan Schwarz, Jay Jones, and Michael Olson are you most excited to see in Moscow?

2. What will you miss the most about our esteemed S75 backup Rara Rasputin?

3. What's a personal goal to achieve this season for you, in the VHL or VHLM?

4. How have you welcome our new S76 prospects, Mortie, Bowman, and Tipton?

5. What's your favourite thing about Moscow at this time of year?

6. Who do you think is the biggest menace to the Menace this coming season / or who do you think the favourite in the VHLM is?

40 minutes ago, Victor said:

1. We decided to make some big moves on the first day of the off-season. Which of Kris Rice, Jacob Tonn, Ryan Schwarz, Jay Jones, and Michael Olson are you most excited to see in Moscow?

2. What will you miss the most about our esteemed S75 backup Rara Rasputin?

3. What's a personal goal to achieve this season for you, in the VHL or VHLM?

4. How have you welcome our new S76 prospects, Mortie, Bowman, and Tipton?

5. What's your favourite thing about Moscow at this time of year?

6. Who do you think is the biggest menace to the Menace this coming season / or who do you think the favourite in the VHLM is?

1. I don't know. All of them seem great! Probably Tonn or Rice

2. the great love machine showing me how to find a gf

3. 25 G and 35 A

4. Welcome Mortie, Bowman and Tipton!!

5. the snow (i think). here in buffalo it should be but nope! Its pouring

6. The biggest menace to the menace is the dragons. 

1 hour ago, Victor said:

@Enorama @TTtheT @MexicanCow123 @Ricer13 @MSO94  @Kelsier @Beketov @Josh @Spartan @UnkemptCL4PTP @okifenoki @GrittyIsKing09 @Owen Taylor @correllvincent @BiPsen @BigZouzou @Anthony Suzuki @KingMortie @Grapes-Tophat_Clan- @Jakefufu @BrutalBoost

1. I don’t know much about Moscow’s offseason moves, but I’m sure they are going to help the team out!

2. I never got to meet the backup rara rasputin, but I’m sure he will be missed.

3. I want to help out the Aces more, Shaggy didn’t show up much last season and I want that to change.

4. Well I’m one of the new prospects (Tipton), but I’ll make sure to give myself and my fellow prospects a warm welcome.

5. My favorite thing about Moscow is obviously the hockey, #hockey4lyfe

6. My personal favorite is the Las Vegas Aces, I believe they definitely have the potential to make another deep playoff run in the VHLM.

2 hours ago, Victor said:

2. What will you miss the most about our esteemed S75 backup Rara Rasputin? He was a good guy in the locker room, great tendie too, he'll be missed.

3. What's a personal goal to achieve this season for you, in the VHL or VHLM? Score 50

4. How have you welcome our new S76 prospects, Mortie, Bowman, and Tipton? They'll welcome me soon

5. What's your favourite thing about Moscow at this time of year? Snow, it's so nice.

6. Who do you think is the biggest menace to the Menace this coming season / or who do you think the favourite in the VHLM is? You know, I think the reapers are hungry