Moscow Menace Press Conference

On 8/11/2020 at 9:07 AM, VinCal said:

New Moscow  Press Conference for weekending August 16th:

1) As we head into the backstretch of the season, how do you feel about our chances on making the playoffs?

2) If we make the playoffs, what are your expectations for the team?

3) Do you think the team should be active at the trade deadline?

4) If so, what is the team’s biggest need in your opinion?

5) Changing the subject a bit, who would you consider to be Moscow’s biggest rival?

6) In the NHL, what is your feeling about the NY Rangers winning the draft lottery?

1. Well I wish I knew how many teams actually make the playoffs now lol. But i'm sure we will we are in a great spot!

2. Second round at least. 

3. We are still a growing team, maybe to shuffle futures around. but I wouldn't be buying the farm just yet. 

4. Wingers will be a constant team need for a year or 2 based on my recent analysis.

5. Riga, something about them, something about the name, idk. Prague a close 2nd. 

6. They somewhat deserved/needed it? some teams needed it more then others, but at least were not talking about toronto or edmonton!

1) On a scale of 1 to Kobe, how devastated are you that chat has been taken away from us?

Come on.

2) What are your thoughts on Vegas and the Flyers holding the #1 seed?

Both teams look really good, it doesn't surprise me.

3) What NHL team do you think will win the cup?

Avalanche 

4) What NHL player do you model your VHL player after?

Erik Gudbranson

5) Any surprises so far in the VHL this season?

I think we've been surprising a lot of teams.

6) Who is the most under rated player on Moscow? 

I think Pavlov gets overlooked for how truly great he is.

New Questions:

1) What do you think about the GOMHL Welcome Drive we are doing? Too much tpe or a good way to get new members?

2) In your opinion, is there ever such thing as the VHL having too many members? Like if we get to 32 teams full of members is that good or bad

3) How has playing for Moscow been different from playing for other teams? Or is it pretty similar? 

4) Describe Victor in 3 words

5) While Gritty is obviously your second favorite mascot, who is your 2nd favorite?

6) What is your go to method for scratching that spot in the middle of your back that you can't reach? 

On 8/20/2020 at 5:13 PM, chatfan036 said:

New Questions:

1) What do you think about the GOMHL Welcome Drive we are doing? Too much tpe or a good way to get new members?

2) In your opinion, is there ever such thing as the VHL having too many members? Like if we get to 32 teams full of members is that good or bad

3) How has playing for Moscow been different from playing for other teams? Or is it pretty similar? 

5) While Gritty is obviously your second favorite mascot, who is your 2nd favorite?

6) What is your go to method for scratching that spot in the middle of your back that you can't reach? 

1.i think it was a great idea.

2.No, the more members, the more expansion. It’s good for the league.

3.Management here, shows me more respect then where I was drafted.

4.Respect/Bold/Winner

5.San Diego Chicken in baseball

6. kitchen utensils ? 

On 8/20/2020 at 3:13 PM, chatfan036 said:

New Questions:

1. I don't know what that is so I cannot comment either way.

2. You can never have too many active members. It makes for good competition.

3. This is my first time back here in a while with this player but from other leagues, Moscow does not use discord as much for team chat.

4. Draft steal god.

5. Hunter.

6. Use a wall to scratch it.

On 8/20/2020 at 3:13 PM, chatfan036 said:

New Questions:

1. I am unaware of this way to get new members but I’ll take a look!

2. I think it would be okay as long as it had active and sustained members as apposed to a ton of people leaving and a ton of new people every season.

3. Our youngsters have been showing the core up all year.

4. King of draft

5. Wild Russian bears

6. Well I can reach it so... method is stretching arm far?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2020 at 5:13 PM, chatfan036 said:

it is what it is, I think it’s good to get new players. 

as long as everyone gets the chance to succeed I think it’s fine.

I’ve only played for Moscow so I can’t really comment.

Very old timer 

sabretooth I guess

Remote

Delete if not allowed but I decided to add 6 questions to attempt and keep this press conference going?.

1. What is your most memorable moment in the vhl so far?

2. How do you feel about our post season, disappointed or somewhat expected?

3. What are your players individual goals for next season?

4. Riga have been a big rival of ours for a while, if we meet in the post season next year, can we win?

5. If there’s one thing that the vhl could do that would keep you more engaged and interested, what would you suggest?

6. Telker has a small chance of holding the all time lead for Moscow in playoff points, will he achieve this record before he retires?

10 hours ago, Telkster said:

Delete if not allowed but I decided to add 6 questions to attempt and keep this press conference going?.

4. Riga have been a big rival of ours for a while, if we meet in the post season next year, can we win?

5. If there’s one thing that the vhl could do that would keep you more engaged and interested, what would you suggest?

6. Telker has a small chance of holding the all time lead for Moscow in playoff points, will he achieve this record before he retires?

1. Beating up Dil in the finals.

2. Moscow needs to be winning the chip every season.

3. I'm not sure, just aiming to make a name for myself.

4. Easily, Moscow a winning franchise.

5. Nothing really, everything is fine.

6. Yes of course he's amazing.

On 9/6/2020 at 10:53 AM, Telkster said:

I will go ahead and attempt to answer my own questions haha.

1. Probably winning the cup with Moscow. we had such a great team, it was the playoffs we won that Nate Telker turned a corner.

2. I wish we would have gone out in 6 or 7 rather then 5, but so be it. We were not the favorites for any series we might've ended up in if we had won.

3. I'm probably hoping for 60+ points, plus a hopefully lengthy playoff run as well. 

4. I think we can as the off-season has not been so kind to Riga.

5. Maybe something like a daily check in, even if you just browse through stats or something for a few minutes. then if you check in every day of the week, you gain 1 uncapped tpe or something like that, I think it would encourage people to explore the site more. 

6. I sure hope so, and it will be for GRITTY THE BEAST my second line prodigy that I played alongside the most during the glory days. and I hope I can do the same thing this year on the second line ?

On 9/6/2020 at 10:53 AM, Telkster said:

1. Scoring the game winning OT winner in game 7 of the Continental Cup Finals with Helsinki and my first player, Anatoli Zhumbayev.

2. It was expected. We will only get stronger in the coming seasons.

3. 300 hits would be nice and get closer to leading VHL defensemen in points.

4. Yes. We will be a stronger team next season.

5. There's nothing that I can think of at the moment.

6. It would be nice to see. Time will tell.

Since its been 9 days, I will add another 6 questions! Anyone, feel free to add some more questions early next week if they so choose.?

1. With the addition of Lahtinen last week, Do you think Moscow's offense will take a big turn around this year?

2. Who is your favourite NHL team, and why are they the best?

3. Who was your first ever VHLM team?

4. A&W vs Barq's vs Mug root beer. Choose wisely, because i'll judge your choice based on my reaction to your responses lol. 

5. With the loss of Pavlov, is Moscow's Defense still up to the task in your opinion?

6. Why is Barq's root beer the best, and why will it always be the best for eternity?

On 9/15/2020 at 6:34 PM, Telkster said:

Since its been 9 days, I will add another 6 questions! Anyone, feel free to add some more questions early next week if they so choose.?

1. With the addition of Lahtinen last week, Do you think Moscow's offense will take a big turn around this year?

2. Who is your favourite NHL team, and why are they the best?

3. Who was your first ever VHLM team?

4. A&W vs Barq's vs Mug root beer. Choose wisely, because i'll judge your choice based on my reaction to your responses lol. 

5. With the loss of Pavlov, is Moscow's Defense still up to the task in your opinion?

6. Why is Barq's root beer the best, and why will it always be the best for eternity?

1. Yes, I think so. I think we will be one of the strongest competitors in Europe.

2. Edmonton because my late father was the one who got me cheering for them and I have done the same with my kids.

3. Hmm, I believe it was the Bratislava Watchmen.

4. A&W without a doubt.

5. We'll be good to go. We have some good young guys getting better all the time and Lagesson as a veteran presence.

6. It's not and never will be.

NEW QUESTIONS

1. How can you evaluate our team performance thus far in the season?

2. Has your player performed up to par, below your expectations or above your expectations thus far this season?

3. What are your go-to pizza toppings?

4. Who is your favourite VHL member you have never been teammates with?

5. Who is the most underrated Menace player and why?

6. What are your team expectations for this season?

1 hour ago, fever95 said:

NEW QUESTIONS

2. Has your player performed up to par, below your expectations or above your expectations thus far this season?

1. Underperforming and I’m part the blame.

2.Below expectations for sure. I thought I’d be scoring more by now.

3. Meatball

4. Kris Rice

5. Raymond Bernard. Everyone talks about goals being scored but not about the ones being kept out of the net.

6. I really thought we could compete for the cup and I’ll stand by it.

17 hours ago, fever95 said:

NEW QUESTIONS

1. It’s been under expectations. Hoping we can get into a good groove!

2. I’d say at par. Telker is going at a solid pace, but par won’t be good enough for him if we wanna get into the top 2.

3. Sausage, pepperoni, green peppers

4. Jubis probably, when us and Calgary were going back and forth a few seasons back he played well.

5. Probably @VinCal, was always looked at as the other prospect center behind Brandt. Now it looks like he’s the better player!

6. Make it to the conf finals, fingers crossed!

Been a little over a week so here’s some new questions!

1. Moscow have turned it around big time for the 2nd quarter of the season. Can we maintain top 2 heading into the playoffs?

2. What is the best vegetable on a pizza?

3. Of the 38 games remaining at the time of writing, how many of those will be wins?

4. After beating malmo the other day on a sim, does this give you confidence if we have to play them in the postseason?

5. I’m cooking homemade bacon Mac n cheese in my buddies smoker today, how jealous are you?

6. Can the current roster get the cup this year or do we need another addition?

• Admin
10 minutes ago, Telkster said:

1. Moscow have turned it around big time for the 2nd quarter of the season. Can we maintain top 2 heading into the playoffs?

3. Of the 38 games remaining at the time of writing, how many of those will be wins?

4. After beating malmo the other day on a sim, does this give you confidence if we have to play them in the postseason?

5. I’m cooking homemade bacon Mac n cheese in my buddies smoker today, how jealous are you?

1. I certainly hope so and see no reason why we couldn't. In fact we should be aiming for 1st place.

2. Ain't no vegetables on my pizza. But actually potato works remarkably well, had some in Sicily.

3. Given how competitive the league is these days, we should be aiming for 25 I think.

4. It's always good to know we can beat anyone on our day and especially against our old expansion rivals.

5. That sounds fucking delightful, where was my invite?

6. I wish we had a bit more defensive depth but I think we've proven so far this season we can outscore anyone on most nights. If Bernard finds his old playoff form, absolutely, but most importantly we know this is just the beginning and will be back next season regardless.

On 10/3/2020 at 9:29 AM, Telkster said:

1.Definitely. Lines are clicking now and we are ready for a run.

2.Broccoli?

4.I had confidence before we beat them

5.Thanks for the invite.

6.I think we’re ready!

On 10/3/2020 at 7:29 AM, Telkster said:

1. Yes, I think so. We are on a roll and should keep that going.

2. Mushrooms.

3. 25-30.

4. Yes, I believe we can beat them in a playoff series.

5. Pretty jelly haha.

6. Yes. This roster has what it takes to win a cup.

NEW QUESTIONS

1. 47 games into the season and we sit at 33 wins. How many will we finish the season with?

2. We currently sit first place in the league, one point up on Malmo. Can we hold onto that lead through the final 25 games?

3. How has the addition of Mikko Lahtinen affected our team success?

4. Speaking of Lahtinen, he is three goals back of Patrick Tallinder for the goals lead with a game in hand. Can Mikko leapfrog him by season’s end and how many goals will he finish with?

5. Our powerplay has been decent, clicking at almost 23% for sixth in the league. What can we do to get that to top five or three?

6. Our PK unit has been decent as well but not elite, killing nearly 80% of powerplays against. How can we improve to get that into one of the elite PK units?

NEW QUESTIONS

1. 47 games into the season and we sit at 33 wins. How many will we finish the season with?

Hopefully we can crack 60. That would be sweet. Looks like we've been on a bit of a roll lately, as well.

2. We currently sit first place in the league, one point up on Malmo. Can we hold onto that lead through the final 25 games?

Oh man, that is great to see. I think we have what it takes to stay on top. It would be great to go into postseason as the #1 seed.

Mikko coming in hot. Topping the score sheet most games. Great add, on the cusp of 1000TPE. MOSCOWMOSCOWMOSCOW

4. Speaking of Lahtinen, he is three goals back of Patrick Tallinder for the goals lead with a game in hand. Can Mikko leapfrog him by season’s end and how many goals will he finish with?

Anytime we're discussing two guys with a 60 goal season in their sights it is a good sign. I hope they tie with 62 each!

5. Our powerplay has been decent, clicking at almost 23% for sixth in the league. What can we do to get that to top five or

three?

Angellini is back in action and looking to make up for some low cap weeks. I hope to contribute going forward. Gotta get those shots on net and make sure to win as many faceoffs as possible!

6. Our PK unit has been decent as well but not elite, killing nearly 80% of powerplays against. How can we improve to get that into one of the elite PK units?

Defense, baby. Playing at the disadvantage can define a team and I think an 80% kill rate is fantastic. If we could tighten up and get to 90% we would be pretty unstoppable.

On 10/10/2020 at 9:34 AM, fever95 said:

NEW QUESTIONS

5. Our powerplay has been decent, clicking at almost 23% for sixth in the league. What can we do to get that to top five or three?

1. I would say around 50 wins, anymore is just a bonus.

2. I think we can but it won’t be easy. Should be close right to the final day.

3. It has helped us tremendously. Without him we may not even be in the plofs!

4. I can see him finishing with close to 60 goals, he’s been an absolute tank!

5. I’m not sure there is much more we can do, maybe tactic shuffling but I wouldn’t wanna mess around with this current form.

6. Guys adding tpe on defence and checking, that would help out in theory.

Alright, alright. I know @fever95 just posted questions a couple days ago but I'll consider that for last week. Here are some more questions for the week of 10/18!

:mos:MOSCOW MOSCOW MOSCOW:mos:

1. Moscow is currently AGM-less after the departure of Eagles. Do you think it's time for Moscow to hire a new AGM? Does Victor need one?

2. Raymond @Mr_Hatter Bernard has his sights set on the Hall of Fame. What can we do as a team to help him get some accolades this season so he can get in?

3. Newhook, Angellini, and Stansson have been our rookies this season. How have they been doing? If you're one of these three rookies, how would you assess your performance?

4. Last week was theme week, and the theme was Dream Team. Who was someone you wanted to add on your dream team, but just narrowly missed the cut? (Here's your chance to recognize someone you may not have been able to!)

5. Vladimir @Victor Pavlov is having a career year. What have you seen from him both on and off the ice that could have led to this amazing late-career surge?

6. Alex Letang seems to have too much confidence and swagger right now. Roast him so his head doesn't get too big.

3 hours ago, Spartan said:

Alright, alright. I know @fever95 just posted questions a couple days ago but I'll consider that for last week. Here are some more questions for the week of 10/18!

:mos:MOSCOW MOSCOW MOSCOW:mos:

1. Moscow is currently AGM-less after the departure of Eagles. Do you think it's time for Moscow to hire a new AGM? Does Victor need one?

2. Raymond @Mr_Hatter Bernard has his sights set on the Hall of Fame. What can we do as a team to help him get some accolades this season so he can get in?

3. Newhook, Angellini, and Stansson have been our rookies this season. How have they been doing? If you're one of these three rookies, how would you assess your performance?

4. Last week was theme week, and the theme was Dream Team. Who was someone you wanted to add on your dream team, but just narrowly missed the cut? (Here's your chance to recognize someone you may not have been able to!)

5. Vladimir @Victor Pavlov is having a career year. What have you seen from him both on and off the ice that could have led to this amazing late-career surge?

6. Alex Letang seems to have too much confidence and swagger right now. Roast him so his head doesn't get too big.

1. I’m not saying Victor needs one but with everyday life, it might be a good idea.

2.Hoist the Cup this season.

3. I think they are fitting right in and part of our success.

4.Last week was theme week? Ugh, I missed out on 6 TPE. That sucks.

5. The will to win.

6. I like the confidence he has, If he puts up they shut up and he can talk all he wants.