Moscow Menace Press Conference

On 5/8/2020 at 1:45 PM, ContinentalCup036 said:

1) Where do you think we match up best and worst against Seattle?

We definitely match up best in the fisticuffs department, but apparently not in the "win a game" department.

2)  Hypothetical Question - How much money would it take for you to permanently leave the VHL? Like if I paid you x dollars to leave for good

$60,000. 

3) When opening up the game thread for these playoff games, what is your strategy? Go right to the comments and guess of that if we won or lost, open up the game and close eyes to all eyes, or view the live stream on twitch?

Twitch if possible. If not possible (and it's usually not), then I close eyes to all comments and open up the game to look at the box score.

4) Can you think of a more exciting catch phrase for us to use than MOSCOW MOSCOW MOSCOW?

Nah. I like "Moscow Moscow Moscow", response "OI OI OI".

5) When we won the cup last year how did you celebrate? If we win again will celebrations be same or something different?

I'm pretty sure you started texting me gifs first. Then I checked the box score and did 1 fist pump. Then I posted something in the game thread.

6) What is your favorite way to earn tpe on here? VHL.com, media spot, graphics, etc?

I actually think press conferences are pretty fun. They're a good way to get a good number of member's opinions/responses about something either VHL or non-VHL related.

On 5/8/2020 at 12:45 PM, ContinentalCup036 said:

New Questions:

2)  Hypothetical Question - How much money would it take for you to permanently leave the VHL? Like if I paid you x dollars to leave for good

3) When opening up the game thread for these playoff games, what is your strategy? Go right to the comments and guess of that if we won or lost, open up the game and close eyes to all eyes, or view the live stream on twitch?

4) Can you think of a more exciting catch phrase for us to use than MOSCOW MOSCOW MOSCOW?

5) When we won the cup last year how did you celebrate? If we win again will celebrations be same or something different?

6) What is your favorite way to earn tpe on here? VHL.com, media spot, graphics, etc?

1. No Idea to be honest, I just do whatever Victor tells me to do.

2. Uhm, at least 500,000 man, I gotta get my shit down.

3. I open up the game, and then just look at the score.

4. GORLABISABULLY to be honest.

5. I went out and partied all night, though this time, I'd like to go to a fancy restaurant. 

6. Welfare, easily.

Well I think they were just better than us all around but I'm proud of our guys making it back again.

Enough to cover my rent for a few months probably to be honest. NYC is expensive. 

3) When opening up the game thread for these playoff games, what is your strategy? Go right to the comments and guess of that if we won or lost, open up the game and close

eyes to all eyes, or view the live stream on twitch?

Open up the game first.

No

I poured champagne on my teammates.

Welfare

On 5/8/2020 at 11:45 AM, ContinentalCup036 said:

New Questions:

1. They were the better team, but proud of the boys for going far.

2. Probably minimum 800$, it would take some bribe to get me to leave.

3. I don't look at the comments at all until I've seen the game summary, then after I will go to the comments lol.

4. Go get'em menace!

5. I went to bed before working a 10 hour shift, but did have a few drinks haha. 

6. Media spots, VHL.com. trivia, I honestly love it all, ive been focusing hard on getting more lately. 

NEW QUESTIONS:

1. Disappointing finals series against SEA but a very successful season regardless. Which SEA player do you like the most, or thought played the best in the finals?

2. Smitty and Gritty have finished their stay in Moscow and accomplished a lot here. They will play their last season in Vancouver. WHICH BROTHER WILL YOU MISS MORE?!?!?!  *drama alert*

3. Have you signed up for the S72 VHFL where you can earn tpe?? What VHL forward do you think is a must-draft fantasy-wise for S72?

4. Victor & eagles were active players in the S72 entry draft. How do you think draft day went for Moscow?

5. I haven't played close attention to VHL roster moves, but after free agency and the draft, which European team looks to be our biggest competition this season, in your opinion?

6. Aleelee Kiak and Vin Calia will be joining Moscow for the S72 campaign. Both had 120+ point campaigns in the VHLM last season and should add a new exciting dynamic to the Moscow forward core. Welcome them to the team and give them a piece of VHL advice as they make their debuts this season. 

1. Disappointing finals series against SEA but a very successful season regardless. Which SEA player do you like the most, or thought played the best in the finals?

I don't really know any players on Seattle to be honest.

2. Smitty and Gritty have finished their stay in Moscow and accomplished a lot here. They will play their last season in Vancouver. WHICH BROTHER WILL YOU MISS MORE?!?!?!  *drama alert*

Smitty on the ice for sure.

3. Have you signed up for the S72 VHFL where you can earn tpe?? What VHL forward do you think is a must-draft fantasy-wise for S72?

No I haven't. Jet Jaguar.

4. Victor & eagles were active players in the S72 entry draft. How do you think draft day went for Moscow?

I think we did a great job and I trust Victor.

5. I haven't played close attention to VHL roster moves, but after free agency and the draft, which European team looks to be our biggest competition this season, in your opinion?

Prague for sure.

6. Aleelee Kiak and Vin Calia will be joining Moscow for the S72 campaign. Both had 120+ point campaigns in the VHLM last season and should add a new exciting dynamic to the Moscow forward core. Welcome them to the team and give them a piece of VHL advice as they make their debuts this season. 

Looking forward to us playing together.

1 hour ago, gorlab said:

NEW QUESTIONS:

1. I don't  know many of their players, I know @Banackock is associated with them though, and I like him a lot.

2.  I will not say haha, they both had a huge impact on Moscow, and are First Ballot HOFers!

3. Yes I have, I don't know positions but @Da Trifecta should do some damage.

4. Amazing tbh, we got a bunch of new talent in the LR, new culture coming for Moscow!

5. Me either lol, what do you expect me to say smh ?

6. Just keep your head down, and trust the process!

2 hours ago, gorlab said:

NEW QUESTIONS:

1. I didn't pay attention

2. Smitty

3. I have not and I have no idea

4. Great

5. Still have no idea lol

6. Don't let the low point total worry you

14 hours ago, gorlab said:

NEW QUESTIONS:

1. I like Stark a lot for them, great center.

2. I will miss Gritty more because we played on the same line for a while!

3. I haven't signed up for the VHFL , but ill look into it!

4. I think it went really well, we get a surprise 2 1sts which is really nice. Our prospect pool just got a big boost in a day!

5. I think Riga could still do some damage this season.

6. Excited to have you guys here! Grind that tpe and enjoy your rookie seasons!

22 hours ago, gorlab said:

NEW QUESTIONS:

1. I was busy in the VHLM finals so I didn’t follow much but it looks like Scott Greene was solid.

2. I’m sorry that I didn’t get the chance to play with them.

3.I did sign up and I’d love to stay local and draft Zoiderberg.

4. Solid. From what I can see is Moscow is a well run organization.

5. I think we should get some competition from Prague.

6. I’ll sit out this question and take all the advice I can get. Thank you in advice.

NEW QUESTIONS:

1. Moscow Discord has been popping lately with the addition of Doomsday and our S72 draftees. Have you posted any eyes in the eyes channel?

2. What was the biggest S72 free agency move? Vancouver signing Gritty & Smitty, Davos signing ACL Tear, or Moscow signing backup goaltender Clayton Park?

3. VHL has done a big recruitment push again. Has there been any new VHL members who have made an impression on you?

4. Are you playing any video games lately? What was the last game you sank significant time into?

5. Moscow is off to a 3-2 start for the S72 season. We're still playing well and beating Malmo. Who's going to have the most PIMs on Moscow this season?

6. Do you think Victor will be able to travel again in 2020? Where do you think Vic should take his next vacation?

2 hours ago, gorlab said:

NEW QUESTIONS:

1. Moscow Discord has been popping lately with the addition of Doomsday and our S72 draftees. Have you posted any eyes in the eyes channel?

2. What was the biggest S72 free agency move? Vancouver signing Gritty & Smitty, Davos signing ACL Tear, or Moscow signing backup goaltender Clayton Park?

3. VHL has done a big recruitment push again. Has there been any new VHL members who have made an impression on you?

4. Are you playing any video games lately? What was the last game you sank significant time into?

5. Moscow is off to a 3-2 start for the S72 season. We're still playing well and beating Malmo. Who's going to have the most PIMs on Moscow this season?

6. Do you think Victor will be able to travel again in 2020? Where do you think Vic should take his next vacation?

1. Of course

2. Moscow

3. Haven't seen yet

4. I always play, also sports games

5. No idea

6. He will and no idea

On 5/23/2020 at 5:17 PM, gorlab said:

NEW QUESTIONS:

1. You guys have an eyes channel? Cool story bro. Is that to keep your eyes on the prize? 

2. It's clearly Gritty/Smitty deciding to grace Beavvs with another cup chance. Awful they left though after a cup win and another finals figure you could get some home team favouritism. Fucking Quebec City Wolves.

3. Elijah aka Fongs Son just because of that player name. 

4. Yeah a bit of a few things, Days Gone, Bloodstained, Dragon Quest Builder's 2, Fallen Order trophies and some league with Pajod crew off/on. 

5. You will you scrub goon get it going already.

6. He clearly needs to finish his bucket list of every VHL city before old age takes him.

On 5/23/2020 at 6:17 PM, gorlab said:

NEW QUESTIONS:

1. No I haven't, too lazy.

2. Vancouver for sure.

3. Yes, Elijah, he's a dumbass.

4. Madden, 2k usually.

5. No idea to be honest, matter of team fit.

6. Yes, To Texas!

On 5/23/2020 at 7:17 PM, gorlab said:

NEW QUESTIONS:

no

Gritty+ Smitty.

No, not really.

Lots of NHL 20.

Um, I have no idea.

Yes, and don't know.

On 5/23/2020 at 5:17 PM, gorlab said:

NEW QUESTIONS:

1. If you mean a private moscow discord, then I didn' know we had one! In the VHL discord I talk pretty little, but once for maybe 20 mins every few days or so. 

2. Its gotta be Vancouver signing Gritty and Smitty, I know clayton park has looked god like, but still!

3. I haven't found much down time to really go in depth and study players in the VHLM that are new, but I'm excited for the young new Moscow fellas!

4. Fifa, Minecraft, maybe if im feeling saucy Ill play a 10x speed pokemon emulator on my computer and play full screen. 

5. Pavlov is gonna have to take a lot for the team with all those minutes.

6. South eastern Europe, dirt cheap and beautiful.

NEW QUESTIONS:

1. I’m still a bit confused with the ? I saw a run of them going the other day, so I said, what the hell and post a ?. Someone posted right after me a “NO” , so I think I made a rookie mistake. If someone can explain it to this newbie, much appreciate it. :)

2.Moscow signing goalie Clayton Park because it’s the only team that means anything to me.

3. Nobody stands out but the bigger the push the better out league will be.

4.I love all simulation games and role playing sports games. OOTP21 and Franchise Hockey6

5. Well if my is to play grinder and agitate and protect, I’m not afraid to drop the gloves like I did against Prague. So maybe Vin Calia will.

6. Haha. I’m not sure but he better stay safe because he had a franchise to run.

I haven't recently but i'll start to look again. 

Clayton Park imo

Not that I've seen but I haven't been keeping a super close eye.

I've been playing Warzone quite a bit.

Probably me

Croatia

1. How do you think about how Moscow is doing this year?

2. Who's the team MVP so far?

3. What do you think of our rising stars so far?

4. Who's your VHL Mentor?

5. What's your favorite part of being on Moscow?

6. What do you think of the city itself?

10 hours ago, Aye my name jeff said:

1. This confused me

2. Uh Jaguar?

3. Well I'm not one so they are good?

4. @gorlab

5. MOSCOW MOSCOW MOSCOW

6. It's lit

thank you for the beautiful questions @Aye my name jeff

I think we are underperforming pretty badly. I went into depression yesterday when I saw we are literally at the bottom of the standings. We won't be there for long, but it hurt. 

Probably Zoiderberg or Tacco. Jaguar has been an absolute disgrace. Bernard has been slightly better than that, but he's had a tough go of it as well.

Definitely Killy and Laggeson. I think in the next season or two we'll see the new core of Moscow emerge and begin to dominate with Brandt and Letang coming into the league.

I have a few people who have played the role of mentor for me in the VHL. Boubabi and Victor both come to mind for different, but equally important reasons. 

It used to be winning and having a strong shot at the cup every season, but now it's all the friends I've made along the way. 

The weather is cold but the women are hot. The people in Russia really love hockey, so that's cool. 

On 5/31/2020 at 10:26 AM, Aye my name jeff said:

Not awesome at all.

Jet Jaguar

Who would that be? Whatever, they are great.

Victor.

The help from other members (Vic, Gorlab)

Its cool.

Edit: As soon as I say all of this, Gorlab leaves.?

Edited by GrittyIsKing09

On 5/31/2020 at 8:26 AM, Aye my name jeff said:

1. Were doing pretty bad, but hey there's no better time then to start up the rebuild early!

2. Zoiderberg is still having a great season on the wing so I think him right now. 

3. They look like a great group so far, and the best part is there's a whole bunch more to come the next couple season's. 

4. I'd have to say @Victor haha, but it's still close between a bunch of others who have helped me along the way!

5. It's really made me love the team, and it would be a joy to be drafted by them again someday with my future players.

6. It's nice, they have Vodka right?.

:mos:More press conference questions!:mos:

(For the week starting 6/8)

1. The Victator made a massive trade on June 1st that has been the talk of the league. What are your thoughts on it?

2. After a few trades by Victor this week, what do you think about the state of this Moscow team for both the present, and the future?

3. With both Gorlab and Zeke, two of the largest personalities in sim leagues, gone from the team, how do you plan to make up the hole in our locker room?

4. How scared are you of being traded away before/by the trade deadline? As a reminder, no one is safe.

5. I like to finish up PC's with some fun questions. This week, I'd love to hear some of your music recommendations!

6. In the theme of music, what has been your favorite concert that you've been to? If you haven't been to one yet, who would you like to see live?

On 5/31/2020 at 9:26 AM, Aye my name jeff said:

1. I think we're doing alright, considering we are in a rebuild phase now

2. I just got here, but our goalies looked really good since ive been here

3. So far I have nothing bad to say, we just got to keep grinding and the results will come

4. My VHL mentor is @Cusemode

5. I'd have to say the people. Especially the Russian babes

6. I think its a good city. I've enjoyed my time here, thats for sure