Moscow Menace Press Conference

1. It's the halfway mark of the season, if your player matched their production up to now for the rest of the season, would you be happy with your season?

with this being my first season in the pro's its nice to get my career started

2. Likewise, on a team level, do you think there is room for improvement?

There is always room for improvement. If you think theyre isn't then we are in trouble 

3. What is one skill you'd like to be able to borrow from one of your teammates?

I would  probably say hand speed needs to increase

4. I don't think expansion is necessarily on the horizon in either the VHL or VHLM but where would you put the next franchise in either league?

Detroit needs a good team 

5. Other than Moscow of course, what is your favourite VHL franchise?

I would have to say DC. They have a sick logo 

6. Do you think we'll see some trade deadline movement this season?

There is always a team in need of that little extra boost to make it deep in the playoffs

1. It's the halfway mark of the season, if your player matched their production up to now for the rest of the season, would you be happy with your season?

I think compared to last season i have had had a Steller year. I think having the best defense in the league in front of is really helping and man our forwards are damn good too. I think this team is just super and thats why im performing better.

2. Likewise, on a team level, do you think there is room for improvement?

We have a few off games where we just need to tighten up. But really we just need to keep playing our game.

3. What is one skill you'd like to be able to borrow from one of your teammates?

Man give me Mikkos' scoring ability as a goalie and id be unstoppable. (Tonn decides to play the puck, ohh he shoots oh man thats a rocket its in it just went right threw the goalie).

4. I don't think expansion is necessarily on the horizon in either the VHL or VHLM but where would you put the next franchise in either league?

GET ONE IN Hawaii BABY. PLEASE. Just imagine going on a vacation to relax on the beach, then going to watch a hockey game. That franchise would make billions.

5. Other than Moscow of course, what is your favourite VHL franchise?

I really did enjoy my time in Seattle. Bana was a great gm and friend. Seattle was my home and i loved it there.

6. Do you think we'll see some trade deadline movement this season?

Not us specially all to much. But teams are already going hard this season, we'll see if they slow down.

PC ?'s, Week of 2/8:

1. Moscow is on a solid regular season campaign so far. Does being at the top of the Euro Conference make you anxious or confident?

2. We recently dropped a game to Chicago (1st in NA) and Toronto (6th in NA) each. What can we do to shore up the win column?

3. Warsaw and Helsinki are hot on our heels. Who will be our post-season rival in S76?

4. As we were all VHLMers at one point, how is the team that drafted you doing after you left?

5. We're all hockey fans here. How do you feel about the NHL's compact schedule and regional divisions so far?

6. If you had to pick a favorite sandwich to eat everyday for the rest of your life, what would you pick?

• 4 weeks later...

Jeez, we've had no PC up for a month now. Anyways, we're heading into a new season with a lot of change, so let's get some questions out there for y'all!

1. @Victor stepped down as a GM after a long and successful career. What farewell message do you have for our faithful leader?

2. How has this offseason gone for you? Anything around the league spark your interest or grab your attention?

3. We have a lot of fresh faces on the team, and some returners coming back to Moscow for their second stint. What are you most excited for this season?

4. After many seasons of competing, Moscow is undergoing a rebuild. How is your mindset changing for a rebuilding year compared a competing year?

5. It's no secret that I'm looking for an AGM to work alongside me and our advisory committee. Who do you think would be a good fit for the position?

6. What is your personal goal for this upcoming season? It can be related to earning, or player stats, or anything in real life as well!

2 hours ago, Spartan said:

Jeez, we've had no PC up for a month now. Anyways, we're heading into a new season with a lot of change, so let's get some questions out there for y'all!

1. @Victor stepped down as a GM after a long and successful career. What farewell message do you have for our faithful leader?

2. How has this offseason gone for you? Anything around the league spark your interest or grab your attention?

3. We have a lot of fresh faces on the team, and some returners coming back to Moscow for their second stint. What are you most excited for this season?

4. After many seasons of competing, Moscow is undergoing a rebuild. How is your mindset changing for a rebuilding year compared a competing year?

5. It's no secret that I'm looking for an AGM to work alongside me and our advisory committee. Who do you think would be a good fit for the position?

6. What is your personal goal for this upcoming season? It can be related to earning, or player stats, or anything in real life as well!

1. Gl on your career

2. I am practicing hard so I can be better than Bahram Kamkar. 

3. I am excited to beat Bahram Kamkar's ass

4. My mindset is the same. Be better than Bahram Kamkar

5. Anyone who is not named EagleEye

6. My personal goal is to be better than Bahram Kamkar and get called up before him

3 hours ago, Spartan said:

I have no clue who this is but they left right when I showed up so they're clearly very smart.

I got traded with basically no heads up so that was crazy but I'm excited to finally play in the VHL and see what I can do.

Getting my first points in the VHL and hopefully playing well overall.

Accepting that the team won't be great but it's ok as long as the team is headed in the right direction.

Me. jk I'd be a terrible GM or AGM. I care more about the LR than winning. Someone who knows how to have a fun and happy LR while also winning.

I'm gonna try to max earn and also I'm gonna try to be active in the LR.

13 hours ago, Spartan said:

1. I am very humbled to have been drafted by @Victor. As a literal no-name player, Victor drafted Angellini late in S72. Angellini played 3 seasons in the VHLM, building his skills to earn a spot in the Bigs with the Menace. Victor helped me a lot through my early career and I appreciate him for that. He will be missed.

2. I've kept it relatively quiet so far this offseason and plan on kicking back into high gear this next week. Pietro is an oddball and needs time away from the stress of professional hockey to read and reflect on the season prior. Here's to another try for the Cup!

3. I'm excited for the new faces and a fresh chance at finding that lineup that gives us the best opportunity for success.

4. My mindset is always the same. Grind TPE, make Angellini the best player he can be, and win as many games as possible. Rebuild or not, I'm always looking to be the best I can.

5. There are a lot of good candidates. I would honestly like to throw my hat in the ring for AGM @Spartan.

6. I'd like to hit 700 TPE if possible. It's a longshot but if I keep earning it is attainable.

13 hours ago, Spartan said:

Sad to see you go. Hope that you find success again. That or become a commish.

Since I'm pretty much done with PTs for about a month I'd say my offseason is going pretty good.

I'm really excited to see how Duncan Idaho and Paul Atreides develop. 

I won't focus as much on overall team performance and more on how I'm developing. 

I think @GrittyIsKing09 would be an awesome fit. 

I want to be able to break fifty points this season. Maybe even ten goals. 

On 3/13/2021 at 10:13 PM, Spartan said:

1) Victor is as close of a friend as you can get on a fake sim league. I have actually met him in real life and am Facebook friends with him. Hope he sticks around cause he is the best

2) Me getting traded from London to Moscow definitely grabbed my interest. Let's hope we can get this rebuild moving and shouting MOSCOW MOSCOW MOSCOW again

3) Being able to shout MOSCOW MOSCOW MOSCOW again. Also, I think Gritty boy is still on the team?

4) As long as I don't suck at stopping goals this year it will be an improvement

5) I think Victor has all the qualities to make an excellent AGM

6) Have a league average goaltender who doesn't suck. Please

•  

1. @Victor stepped down as a GM after a long and successful career. What farewell message do you have for our faithful leader?

Good luck with your career moving forward. and Thank you for taking a chane on me and bringing me here.

For me its been pretty quiet. just doing my thing 

Im looking to be able to contribute a bit more. We have an awesome number one goalie. but I would like to help out  more

Its not. I still want to compete and do the best I can 

I think anybody on this team would be an asset as AGM

Im looking to be a bigger factor in our games. 

On 3/13/2021 at 11:13 PM, Spartan said:

1. Victor is a stud and deserves mad respect for what he's done around the league over his incredible tenure. I hope that he's staying safe and keeps at least a foot in the door in Moscow. 
2. I got signed here, which is incredibly surprising because my player is almost worthless. The only things that have been sparking my interest are old news pieces that people chuckle about and say they happened a while ago. 

3. I'm most excited for the future of this team. Always nice to see talent fill in the roster during a rebuild so the kids can learn a thing or two before the weight fills their shoulders. 

4. Being in a rebuild means that there isn't any pressure on you. For better or worse, some people do better in situations where they think that they have to compete. 

5. I think that KC15 would be a great add to the AGM role. Fresh eyes in the VHL never hurt, we've seen guys like Laine and Jiggly step up to their respective jobs so maybe give him a try. ;)
6. I've been a point per game for the past two seasons and I really hope that coming here doesn't crush that streak. Fingers crossed for that ice time!

On 3/13/2021 at 9:13 PM, Spartan said:

1. I didn't know victor very well but he did a great job with the franchise and just to have a good retirement if that's what he plans on doing from the league.

2. I played in the WJC this offseason, my stats were pretty consistent to my previous season so I looks like it could be a good or even better year for me.

3. To see how we perform against other teams this season.

4. Obviously I still want to win and I'll trust the process, I just hope that we can do it before I retire, but that should not happen for a while.

5. As of now they have hired an AGM, I think KC15 will do a great job and really step up to the role.

6. My goal is to try and get closer to taking the team's PIM record.

On 11/8/2020 at 1:24 PM, Telkster said:

New questions!

1. The Moscow discord really drops off in activity in the off-season. in your opinion, is it important to keep activity up during these times?

I definitely think keeping activity up is important but of course there will be more activity during the regular season.

2. What's the first thing you wanna watch during a snowstorm?

Not sure if you mean outside or inside but outside would be my dog playing in the snow and inside would be watching football in the snow.

3. What's your player's favorite work out during the off-season?

Anything Cardio. Weightlifting is evil.

4. Favorite CHL team? if you aren't from Canada ill take answer's from other countries too!

There are no semi-pro hockey teams where I live so I root for the US NTDP team.

5. What's your favorite sport besides hockey?

Football. Steelers all the way.

6. Telker really needs to run to the pooper so he's typing this last question out really fast. what will his top speed be on the way in KM/H?

Let me get a calculator to figure out the MPH to KM/H change. 24.1402 KM/H I was very scientific and definitely did not pull that number out of nowhere.

On 3/13/2021 at 10:13 PM, Spartan said:

1. It was a short time knowing you, but thanks for giving me a great season with Moscow.

2. Not really, just enjoying the offseason in general.

3. Making another run at the cup hopefully or at least improving my personal numbers.

4. Well...disregard question #3 then. All stat padding. I'm on the tail end of my career so let's make it fun.

5. Maybe Fat Palloon. I don't really know.

6. To finish off the school year decently and keep it going next year.

Here they are comrades - new press conference questions!

1.  We are on the eve of the new season.  Any predictions for Moscow?

2.  Defense is key to winning in the VHL.  What qualities do you think are most important in a D player?

3.  What is your favorite thing in Russian culture?

4.  What did you do in the off-season that you think will turn out to be the most helpful to you?

5.  What do you love most about our fearless leader, Spartan?

6.  Who is your all-time favorite NHL player and why?

4 hours ago, KC15 said:

2.  Defense is key to winning in the VHL.  What qualities do you think are most important in a D player?

4.  What did you do in the off-season that you think will turn out to be the most helpful to you?

1) We don't come in last place?

2) The best defense is a good offense - get the puck out of your zone with good transition passes and keeping the puck in at the point

3) They sure know how to drink

4) Got some time in the sun which is smart before heading to Russia

5) After playing Town of Salem I know he is smart and can think logically, so let's hope that translates over to his GMing

6) Sean Couturier because he is sooo under rated in driving plays and plays like I play in NHL

15 hours ago, KC15 said:

Moscow Wins, that's it.

Brute force, next question.

Fuck you mentality, next.

Lift weight get dates, next question.

He put me first line with goonsquad.

Chris Kunitz, I like him.

17 hours ago, KC15 said:

I predict that we are going to be tanking this season and attempting to acquire another strong prospect, maybe a goalie or D prospect.

High defense and PH/SK are the most important aspects to a defenseman.

The Food

I finally finished a media spot.

His encouraging nature.

My favorite all-time player is Burakovsky because of the two goals he scored in the conference final.

22 hours ago, KC15 said:

1. I want us to fight for a spot in the playoffs. Trailing most of the season, keep us on our toes. We get in, last seed. And make a run for the Cup. Unprecedented.

2. Puck movement, puck possession, and d-zone responsibility. They have to maintain puck possession, neutralize the big scorers on the opposing squad, and move the puck in the offensive zone to create scoring chances.

3. Russians are a unique breed. Very proud heritage. I enjoy their love for a good drink and a nice Adidas tracksuit. Personally, I love their Authors the most, Tolstoy and Dostoyevsky being the two most famous and for good reason.

4. I focused on getting back to earning TPE. Writing more media spots and honing my skills in photoshop for sig generation. So any of you new guys on the squad, hit me up for a new sig!

5. The fact that @Spartanis a fan of the best NHL team, the Pittsburgh Penguins. We have had many a game play-by-play on discord. We both recognize the greatness that is Bryan Rust and that alone is enough for me.

6. Mario Lemieux. Hands down. Had his career not been cut short I believe he would have given Gretzky's records a run for their money. He is a down-to-earth dude and a great part of the Pittsburgh management team.

On 3/21/2021 at 9:01 PM, KC15 said:

1. We are going to do a lot better than people think we are. The Playoffs are not an impossible task.

2. Patience, Selflessness, and communication.

3. I love the videos of Russian Soldiers doing crazy things.

4. I do cardio to stay in shape.

5. He's very easy to communicate with.

6. Mario Lemieux because I grew up in Pittsburgh and he's basically a hero in Pittsburgh.

squeak into the playoffs in 4th

Responsibility and awareness on the ice

tank and bear

got more responsible with training.

He is nice, hard working and enjoys some of the same games as me

Jack Eichel, because he is/was seen as the savior for my Buffalo Sabres.

On 3/22/2021 at 6:31 AM, KC15 said:

1. we are gonna be great

2. Maybe PH

3. The Vodka

4. Being better than Bahram Kamkar

5. He helps me be better than Bahram Kamkar

6. Don't really watch NHL but Patrick Kane is my favorite  

1. That we find a way into the playoffs.

2. G O O N I N G of course.

3. Those furry hats are pretty cool.

4. I sold my soul in the VHL shop to keep my hockey skills.

5. He's always helpful and on discord.

6. I'm just an SBA affiliate guy and don't watch hockey that much but let's say Connor Mcdavid because of his good looks.

On 3/21/2021 at 10:01 PM, KC15 said:

1. Fringe playoff team that probably has the capability of an upset, but might not pull it together the deeper the run goes. 

2. Most important quality of a D man is decision making, decision making, decision making. Defensemen are the ones that stand between the first line of defense and the goalposts. Stopping shots and making sure shots never happen is the most important part of a defenseman. 

3. Руссиа хас а греат цултуре анд то наме оне тхинг ин партицулар wоулд бе ан инсулт то оур глориоус натион. Водка ис тхе онлы релевант ансwер. (Russia has a great culture and to name one thing in particular would be an insult to our glorious nation. Vodka is the only relevant answer. "You're welcome for the translation updater")
4. I worked on my skating a bit more so I can get to loose pucks faster and help the breakout transitions be a bit smoother. 

5. He signed me and I know he's a part of the Russian mob so the only answer I can give is Spartan has no flaws he is a perfect human being. 

6. I have to give that torch to Patrice Bergeron. He's an incredible hockey player that plays every aspect of the game at an elite level. There is literally nothing wrong with him and I'm so glad he finally got the C on his sweater.

3 hours ago, Plate said:

1. Fringe playoff team that probably has the capability of an upset, but might not pull it together the deeper the run goes. 

2. Most important quality of a D man is decision making, decision making, decision making. Defensemen are the ones that stand between the first line of defense and the goalposts. Stopping shots and making sure shots never happen is the most important part of a defenseman. 

3. Руссиа хас а греат цултуре анд то наме оне тхинг ин партицулар wоулд бе ан инсулт то оур глориоус натион. Водка ис тхе онлы релевант ансwер. (Russia has a great culture and to name one thing in particular would be an insult to our glorious nation. Vodka is the only relevant answer. "You're welcome for the translation updater")
4. I worked on my skating a bit more so I can get to loose pucks faster and help the breakout transitions be a bit smoother. 

5. He signed me and I know he's a part of the Russian mob so the only answer I can give is Spartan has no flaws he is a perfect human being. 

6. I have to give that torch to Patrice Bergeron. He's an incredible hockey player that plays every aspect of the game at an elite level. There is literally nothing wrong with him and I'm so glad he finally got the C on his sweater.

This has to be one of my favorite presser responses ever.  Especially the Russian response!