Moscow Menace Press Conference

1. I'm adding tpe to my build as I love to spent it immediately. good thing I don't do that with money LOL. 

2. I think Jags for sure he's a beast

3. Probably Vancouver, there a good 2nd place team for a reason.

4. I have seen some things I can't explain that's for sure haha.

5. yeah probably not lol, however he's getting those dubs so I'm proud of him!

6. popcorn machine thats old school.

1) We're in the home stretch of the regular season and gearing up for playoffs. Are you still adding tpe to your build or just banking since we're performing?

I'm banking because I have to get ready for depreciation.

2) It's a tight race for the goal scoring trophy in S70, and Moscow has three possible top snipers (Jaguar, Tocco, and Randoms). Who's going to have the most goals at the end of the season?

Jaguar

3) Surprisingly, NA is much closer in terms of points than EU is this season. Which NA team do you LEAST want to face in the Continental Cup finals?

Vancouver always seems to give us a tough time.

4) The media in Russia has recently been publishing articles about UFO sightings around Moscow. Do you believe in aliens/UFOs? Have you ever seen something in the sky you couldn't explain?

Yes I do, but no I haven't seen anything like that in real life.

5) Bernard is currently the win leader among VHL goalies. Do you think this will be enough to get him some trophy consideration? Will it override his dreadful save%? ? 

I think he's really turned it around at the end of the season so he should at least get a look.

6) Victor is planning to renovate the Moscow home locker room. Any suggestions on what features the design should have?

Jacuzzi.

On 2/22/2020 at 6:53 PM, gorlab said:

********** NEW QUESTIONS ***********

1) We're in the home stretch of the regular season and gearing up for playoffs. Are you still adding tpe to your build or just banking since we're performing?

2) It's a tight race for the goal scoring trophy in S70, and Moscow has three possible top snipers (Jaguar, Tocco, and Randoms). Who's going to have the most goals at the end of the season?

3) Surprisingly, NA is much closer in terms of points than EU is this season. Which NA team do you LEAST want to face in the Continental Cup finals?

4) The media in Russia has recently been publishing articles about UFO sightings around Moscow. Do you believe in aliens/UFOs? Have you ever seen something in the sky you couldn't explain?

5) Bernard is currently the win leader among VHL goalies. Do you think this will be enough to get him some trophy consideration? Will it override his dreadful save%? ? 

6) Victor is planning to renovate the Moscow home locker room. Any suggestions on what features the design should have?

1.  Banking for my final season hoping everything continues to go right with my current build.

2. Hard to say. I'd love to see randoms go out on top. But Jet is a beast they'll push each other for top spot.

3. Honestly none of them create any kind of fear in me. No disrespect of course.

4. How do you think we get all that Russian gas before games? We've got a pretty sweet deal worked out.

5. That's a great question. I think the % hurts it a bit. But he's still young. These wins are team victories and his play has been a massive part of that.

6.  I would like a picture of myself blown up beside the picture of Putin.

1) Congratulations boys, Moscow has finished S70 top of the league and taken home the Victory Cup. A team meeting was called to decide if the team would touch the cup or not during the presentation. What was your vote?

2) Moscow has been dominant on offence this season. Which teammate do you think your player clicked the best with in S70?

3) The Menace are taking on Prague in the first round of the playoffs. They've been a tricky opponent in the regular season, who do you think is Prague's best player and why?

4) Moscow state-appointed Sports Psychologist has introduced a strict policy of positive visualization. Every morning you are to visualize lifting the Continental Cup on the ice. Which teammate do you envision handing the cup to after you've hoisted it?

5) In an attempt to get Bernard pumped up for playoffs, the team decided that everyone would buy him a present to get him in a good mood. What are you buying him and why?

6) Smitty and Pavlov were 1-2 in the league for dmen scoring. The team is taking them out to celebrate. What drink do you buy for Smitty and what drink do you buy for Pavs?

17 hours ago, gorlab said:

1) Congratulations boys, Moscow has finished S70 top of the league and taken home the Victory Cup. A team meeting was called to decide if the team would touch the cup or not during the presentation. What was your vote?

2) Moscow has been dominant on offence this season. Which teammate do you think your player clicked the best with in S70?

3) The Menace are taking on Prague in the first round of the playoffs. They've been a tricky opponent in the regular season, who do you think is Prague's best player and why?

4) Moscow state-appointed Sports Psychologist has introduced a strict policy of positive visualization. Every morning you are to visualize lifting the Continental Cup on the ice. Which teammate do you envision handing the cup to after you've hoisted it?

5) In an attempt to get Bernard pumped up for playoffs, the team decided that everyone would buy him a present to get him in a good mood. What are you buying him and why?

6) Smitty and Pavlov were 1-2 in the league for dmen scoring. The team is taking them out to celebrate. What drink do you buy for Smitty and what drink do you buy for Pavs?

1. Hmmmm, I'd say no, because half of our team are idiots.

2. No one, I'm really a loner guy, although I did really like that guy @gorlab.

3. I don't think they have a best player, that's how trash they are.

4. Uh me of course, I'm the best. 

5. I'm buying him Skittles, they make everyone happy. 

6. Both the strongest drinks possible, they deserve a good time ya know?

1) Congratulations boys, Moscow has finished S70 top of the league and taken home the Victory Cup. A team meeting was called to decide if the team would touch the cup or not during the presentation. What was your vote?

Nah I feel like that's just bad luck.

I think Gritty and I really worked out well together on the second line this season. 

3) The Menace are taking on Prague in the first round of the playoffs. They've been a tricky opponent in the regular season, who do you think is Prague's best player and why?

I probably should've answered this sooner, they didnt turn out to be a very tricky opponent at all.

Well I'm wearing an A this season so I imagine Jet will hand it off to me. I'd for sure hand it off to Bernard if he already hadn't held it.

5) In an attempt to get Bernard pumped up for playoffs, the team decided that everyone would buy him a present to get him in a good mood. What are you buying him and why?

I'm not sure, goalies are an odd sort, I wouldn't know what to get the guy, if he wants a round of shots it's on me though.

Smitty is getting the strongest thing they have behind the bar, and my slavic brother Pavlov is downing a shot of Slivovitz with me.

Edited by Matmenzinger

20 hours ago, gorlab said:

Of course. We earned the trophy, we should show it off. Those "curses" aren't even real...it's not like the 3-1 curse.

Probably Gritty. We have some sort of connection like the Sedins did...pretty uncanny.

I couldn't even tell you. I only pay attention to the top teams in the league.

Well, I'm not a captain, so it can't be any of them...probably either Bernard or Gritty.

21 hours ago, gorlab said:

I'm gonna get him some bricks, cause he's going to be a brick wall.

22 hours ago, gorlab said:

Smitty is buying himself a long island ice team, and I forget what @eaglesfan036 said @Victor "his friend from school" drinks, if he drinks at all.

23 hours ago, gorlab said:

1) All superstitions are dumb and not necessary. I will go even further than touching the cup and I will lick it to fully show my confidence. 

2) Definitely Smitty, ever since we both got to Moscow we have just been racking up the points

3) LOL we just swept them best what again? 

4) Smitty probably gets it before me so he is off the list. I would hand it to our GM, Victor, who I have had a great relationship with for many years and even got to meet in person! It's been a blast playing with him

5) NHL 20 but set so you can only play on rookie mode but it tells you you are playing the hardest difficulty so he feels good about himself

6) Smitty gets Makers Mark whiskey (Flyersfan low-key loves this), and Pavs gets a bud light because I am not spending much on that noob

On 2/29/2020 at 10:48 PM, gorlab said:

1. Yeah because superstitions are dumb. We should show it off big.

2. I think I assisted a few of Tocco's goals and vice versa, so probably him.

3. Probably Willie Dredge, he's come up a lot offensively and doesn't take a lot of penalties. 

4. Probably Raymond Bernard. Such a good goalie already and still young in his VHL career. Performed big in round 1.

5. A brand new goalie stick!

6. Double shot of spiced rum and coke with a lime for Smitty, a pint of Ricards red for Pavs

Don't touch.

I was connecting with a lot of guys this year, can't pick one in particular.

I don't know much about their team to be honest.

I'm just worried about the next series.

Probably a cake or soemthing.

Beer for all.

On 3/1/2020 at 12:48 AM, gorlab said:

1. I'm good either way. I'll respect the no touching if that's the general consensus. But, I'll touch that thing like strippers in the VIP room.

2. Being on a line with gritty and tocco has no doubt been a huge reason that I've had a career year.

3. To be honest we rolled them so quickly I didn't get a good look but obviously fizzlebeef is a big part of the reason they made it in the first place.

4. The first player that came to mind was Bernard.

5. As my present to him I will be spending extra hours at practice relentlessly firing pucks at him. When it's all said and done there's going to be cold beverages and plenty of women. Maybe a new ride if he's lucky.

6. Whatever they'd like and a lot of it. It's on me. 

Edited by wcats

### new questions ###  (condensed since gorlab is on vaca rn) 

1. Moscow has made the finals. A 7 game series with Calgary stands between us and the cup. Who do you think is Calgary's most dangerous player? 

2. Two of the coldest climates in the VHL are playing for the cup. Win or lose, where are you going for summer vacation? 

3. Who is your early choice for playoff MVP when we win the cup? 

4. Are you altering your player build at all before the finals or just keeping it as-is? 

5. Smitty and Gritty are really hungry for the cup, but who is going to party harder when we win it? 

6. Can you recommend gorlab another movie to watch? 

On 3/7/2020 at 3:44 PM, gorlab said:

1. Moscow has made the finals. A 7 game series with Calgary stands between us and the cup. Who do you think is Calgary's most dangerous player? 

2. Two of the coldest climates in the VHL are playing for the cup. Win or lose, where are you going for summer vacation? 

4. Are you altering your player build at all before the finals or just keeping it as-is? 

5. Smitty and Gritty are really hungry for the cup, but who is going to party harder when we win it? 

1. No one, they aren't good, we are going to destroy them.

2. I'm going to Minnesota, my hometown, I need to see my momma.

3. No idea, I only pay attention to how I play.

4. Going for more scoring opportunities.

5. Gritty for sure.

6. Avengers, ENDGAME BABY

On 3/7/2020 at 4:44 PM, gorlab said:

1.) Probably Bushito's main player, whose name is escaping me right now.

2.) Well we're going to win, so...I'M GOING TO DISNEY WORLD

3.) Probably Jet Jaguar...guy seems like he gets a lot of points.

4.) Just as it...since I've been banking for over a season now.

5.) Gritty...just look at the eyes...he knows how to party.

6.) Shrek! But for an actual adult level movie...Top Gun.

Where is @gorlab on vacation?

1) No one because I have 0 worry they can beat us with that forward core

2) My friend's dad lets us all use his beach house for memorial day weekend before shore weather opens up so that should be fun

3) Bernard is having an outstanding playoffs for us, we finally have the goalie we need to take us all the way!

4) I updated my faceoffs a little bit before playoffs but other than that am banking for next season

5) Gritty. Smitty is never one to emote too much, he will just do a fist bump and say that was ideal) 

6) The Joker - it's not a typical super hero movie but instead explores the why of how the Joker became the Joker. One of the best movies I have ever seen IMO

l

1.  If there's anyone it's probably barabash.

2. I actually love the cold weather. But seeing the sun for more than a couple hours would be great. So maybe somewhere like Spain.

3. Well any one of either Jet, Smitty, or Randoms could take it home and I'd be happy. 

4. No I won't be. I did that earlier in the season. At this point I'm stocking up for my final season.

5. Gritty is a party animal year round. I don't expect that to change.

6. I watched Spenser Confidential last night. Thought it was pretty killer.  Worth a watch if you're into action movies.

On 3/7/2020 at 2:44 PM, gorlab said:

1. Barabash jr was dangerous.

2. A resort in the Caribbean, 5 star for sure all inclusive.

3. Jet Jaguar for me, but knowing we've won now Smitty is real close as well.

4. I'm always adding to my build no matter what.

5. Gritty hands down.

6. Ozark on netflix, yes its a show not a movie, but I highly recommend it!

1. Moscow has made the finals. A 7 game series with Calgary stands between us and the cup. Who do you think is Calgary's most dangerous player? 

Who cares? We fucking won boys!!!!

Staying right here in Moscow, and will probably visit home since I'll be pretty close. 

I think Smitty takes it home.

Kept it the same. Stocking up for my first bout of regression.

I mean.... have you ever seen Gritty?

Vanilla Sky. I've recommended this movie to basically everyone for over a decade.

NEW QUESTIONS

1.) MOSCOW HAS WON THE CONTINENTAL CUP? Be honest - did you think we had a chance this season?

2.) You get one day with the cup - where are you taking it?

3.) Do you believe we are early favorites to go back to back next season?

4.) What type of championship merch is your player going to buy/wear?

5.) Do you like amusement parks? BECAUSE WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!!!

6.) Recommend @gorlab a book to read!

6 hours ago, flyersfan1453 said:

NEW QUESTIONS

1.) MOSCOW HAS WON THE CONTINENTAL CUP? Be honest - did you think we had a chance this season?

wow, ty for doing questions. Much appreciated.  I was on vacation in Vancouver, seeing Avs vs Nucks before the NHL shut down and the Vancouver leg of the Rugby 7s tour.

1) I'd say I started believing at about the half-way point of the season. I'm accustom to sim league heartbreak, but I did think we had a good chance once we took a stranglehold on 1st place in the league during reg season.

2) Naturally, I'm taking it to Fuddruckers in Saskatoon, SK, and inviting all the good people of Saskatoon to come and see the cup while enjoying a fine hamburger.

3) I think so. As long as depreciation doesn't kill Gritty too hard, I think we'll be the favourites for the S71 cup.

4) T-shirt with stretched out collar and snapback hat with all the snaps undone. Peak party animal look.

5) I don't. I often get sick going on amusement park rides, but I do enjoy some of the attractions like unhealthy carnival food and like, the haunted house. Stuff like that.

6) I can't read, but years ago I did read a book called 'GUMP & CO.' which was the sequel to Forrest Gump. Thought it was pretty dope.

7 hours ago, flyersfan1453 said:

NEW QUESTIONS

1. YESSSIR, I knew all the way we were about to win it all.

2. In my bed, sleeping with it all day baby.

3. Easily, we retooled a bit and are ready to go back at it.

4. Probably a watch and a hat.

5. Nah they kind of suck.

6. The Jenna Fox Chronicles, a 3 book series, great read.

11 hours ago, flyersfan1453 said:

NEW QUESTIONS

1) I definitely knew we would be playoff contenders, but I was worried it could be a continuation of last season. The difference this year was we finally got some great goaltending to pair along with our goal scoring

2) I am leaving it inside of my house with me so I can practice social distancing and flatten out the corona virus curve

3) Yes, the majority of our roster is intact and we can definitely run it back.

4) I actually promised that if Moscow won the cup I would buy Moscow merch, and I will hold myself to that. Not sure what I want to get, I am thinking perhaps a t shirt

5) I love amusement parks especially Disney World but I am afraid we would find it empty due to the corona virus

6) Read all of the books in the freakonomics series. They do a good job of writing nerdy economics topics about more real world related experimental stuff in a way that is still interesting to non-economics nerds such as myself

On 3/15/2020 at 10:03 AM, flyersfan1453 said:

NEW QUESTIONS

1. No I didn’t at all really, but we stepped up to the plate big time!

2. I’m taking it to Lethbridge my home town✌️
3. We have a chance. Gotta bolster up on tpe in the offseason as best as we can!

4. Hats, hoodies, and ? 

5. Oh wow sick we’ll probably have the whole park to ourselves!! I love rollercoasters

6. The whole friggin Harry Potter book series

Edited by Telkster

On 3/15/2020 at 12:03 PM, flyersfan1453 said:

NEW QUESTIONS

My last one here

1. I don't want to potentially jinx anyone because I know some are superstitious. But yeah I did.

2. Taking it right to the rippers. Like there's any other option haha. Maybe home town after that.

3. I wish y'all nothing but the best of luck. A great team has been built here by a great gm.

4. I'm going to get a diamond encrusted menace crown to rock and I'm going to wear it until my neck is sore.

5. Let's shut that place down!!! I'll see you all in the drunk tank boys!

6. Watership down or plague dogs by Richard Adams or the fuck up by Arthur Nersesian.

Love y'all best of luck to Moscow and hopefully I'll end up back here again with any luck!!

NEW QUESTIONS

1.) Who will be Moscow's biggest threat in the EU Conference this season?

2.) Who will Moscow face in the Continental Cup this season?

3.) Is your player self-quarantining? What are they doing to stay sane?

4.) What are your individual goals for this season?

5.) Besides your own player, who do you think is poised for a breakout year on the team?

6.) Who on the team is most likely to get arrested for any reason?