Moscow Menace Press Conference

22 hours ago, eaglesfan036 said:

New Questions:

1) Who is your favorite teammate on Moscow and why?

2) If you had to bet $1,000,000 on a team to win the cup this year, would it be Moscow or a different team?

3) One thing Moscow never has issues with is scoring goals. What do you think is the key factor behind that?

4) On the flip side, one issue Moscow runs into is preventing goals. What do you think is behind that?

5) Who is your favorite of the expansion teams just based on team name / logo / city?

6) Who do you predict will be Moscow's leading scorer? 

1. Gotto go with the boy Jet. Comes up huge on a consistent basis. Team guy. 

2. If the sim gods work in our favour, I think we have a great shot. Having said that no I wouldn't. That's way too much of a jinx situation.

3. Shots. Generally the more you shoot the better chances you have of scoring. I'd have to look it up but I'd bet that we lead the league in shooting.

4. Lack of discipline. We take a lot of penalties, myself included. It's something to work on.

5. For name, gotta say I love Moscow Menace. For logo Prague. Love that colour scheme too.

6. Gotta say Jet again. Seems like this has become the norm around here.

Jaguar carrying us so it gotta be him

2) If you had to bet $1,000,000 on a team to win the cup this year, would it be Moscow or a different team?

Could be reasonable to gamble. The only other teams I can see gunning for the championship are Vancouver and maybe Seattle if they get lucky again.

3) One thing Moscow never has issues with is scoring goals. What do you think is the key factor behind that?

Vic assembled a team full of shootas that ready to blast howitzers from everywhere. that certainly is working in our favor.

4) On the flip side, one issue Moscow runs into is preventing goals. What do you think is behind that?

We chose our style. gotta sacrifice something, it had to be a defense.

5) Who is your favorite of the expansion teams just based on team name / logo / city?

I like Prague and Malmo logo.

Jaguar ainec

Edited by hedgehog337

On 2/2/2020 at 8:23 PM, eaglesfan036 said:

My favorite teammate is Gritty because he is gritty...although he hates when I hit people so that's weird.

I'd pick the field...just playing the odds.

A commitment to playing offensive hockey from management down to the players. Historically, offense is key in the VHL.

If you play a run and gun style, you're going to give up some goals. We're top of the league, so I don't think there's a problem here.

I liked the Cologne Express the most. Interesting name good logo, and good color scheme.

Jet Jaguar. He should win at least one award too.

***** new questions ******

1) what kind of device do you primarily use to access/participate on VHL?  (phone, pc, smart TV, etc) 

2) Moscow has been on an absolute run of 10 straight wins as of writing this question. What do you think triggered this reign of terror? How long will the win streak go? 

3) What VHL team will end Moscow's winning streak? What VHL team do you WANT to end Moscow's streak? 

4) Which VHLer in their final season  will you miss the most? Dan Wilinsky, Joseph McWolf, Tzuyu, Ryan Kastelic, Alexander Pepper, or our boy Randoms? 

5) Of the above upcoming retirees, who do you think had the best career? 

6) Are you aware of the STHS bug which results in teams dominating if a majority of their lines have 40 passing / 90+ scoring? Would you want Moscow to exploit this bug? 

2 hours ago, gorlab said:

1) what kind of device do you primarily use to access/participate on VHL?  (phone, pc, smart TV, etc) 

2) Moscow has been on an absolute run of 10 straight wins as of writing this question. What do you think triggered this reign of terror? How long will the win streak go? 

3) What VHL team will end Moscow's winning streak? What VHL team do you WANT to end Moscow's streak? 

4) Which VHLer in their final season  will you miss the most? Dan Wilinsky, Joseph McWolf, Tzuyu, Ryan Kastelic, Alexander Pepper, or our boy Randoms? 

6) Are you aware of the STHS bug which results in teams dominating if a majority of their lines have 40 passing / 90+ scoring? Would you want Moscow to exploit this bug? 

1. I usually use PC.

2. Me, I've been getting on everyone in the locker room, we needed to get it going.

3. No team, we are too goated.

4. No one, I don't know any of these players.

5. Again, don't know any of those players.

6. Uh no I wasn't, time to abuse that then. 

4 hours ago, gorlab said:

1) Laptop for anything serious like writing a media spot or whatever, and phone to just quickly check in at work and see how sims went

2) Line chemistry is forming and a little bit of luck in winning tight games

3) Davos because it would be very funny. That answers both questions

4) Randoms of course because he is one of our own!

5) Randoms because Moscow easy question

6) Why are you letting everyone know about this bug? Also, how thoroughly tested is it? It does hold up with my regression articles I posted a year ago (damn time flies). And sure Moscow should do it 

1) what kind of device do you primarily use to access/participate on VHL?  (phone, pc, smart TV, etc) 

I visit the site almost exclusively on my phone.

2) Moscow has been on an absolute run of 10 straight wins as of writing this question. What do you think triggered this reign of terror? How long will the win streak go? 

We're just that good, let's not jinx it though.

I don't care what team ends our streak as long as it isnt Malmo. 

If you choose anyone other than Randoms you're a traitor.

See the above answer.

Yeah I'm aware of it via you, and nah I wouldn't want the entire league to eventually resort to exploiting it.

Pavlov, we've known each other for a long time.

It would be Moscow.

I think we have great depth and a lot of guys that love to bury.

I think I could be better in my own zone to help out our goaltender.

Ah, I guess Moscow.

Jet Jaguar

1. That’s a tough question, I like gritty cause he clutches up in the plofs.

2. Moscow for sure I have a lot of faith.

3. We have a lot of goal scorers on the team. And I guess the passing is there to help rack up the goals. 
4. I think we should focus on checking, defence, and discipline. If everyone on the team just worked on those till when the plofs arrive we could be in better shape. 
5. I like the Calgary wranglers cause I live close to there haha.

6. Yeah jet jaguar is my vote too, having a great season

20 hours ago, gorlab said:

4) Which VHLer in their final seasonal  will you miss the most? Dan Wilinsky, Joseph McWolf, Tzuyu, Ryan Kastelic, Alexander Pepper, or our boy Randoms? 

1. I use my phone as I do not have a computer at home.

2. Great team firing on all cylinders and excellent goaltending. The crazy thing is with the way the sim is it could be anyone. Could be the next game could go another 10.

3. Tbh I don't really care who ends it. As long as it's not Malmo!!! If we keep playing this way that shouldn't happen anyways.

4. A lot of big impactful players retiring. Gotta go with Randoms. He's been an important part of this team and he'll be missed.

5. I will go with Randoms because I know how much he's meant to this team. Also objectively you could say McWolf.

6. I've seen some things about this. Not sure, seems like a lot of work haha.

Laptop

I think we're just connecting at the right time.

I don't want any team to end the streak we are on.

Randoms, I suppose.

Again, Randoms.

No I think we can win straight up.

********** NEW QUESTIONS ***********

1) What is your player's favourite alcoholic (or non-alcoholic) drink?

2) VHL recent repealed their trivia answer sharing ban. Are you happy about this or do you think everyone manually doing the trivia themselves is valid?

3) Which Menace player do you think is most likely to win their all-star skills competition event and why?

Hardest Shot; Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen
Shooting Stars; Jet Jaguar
Fastest Skater; Dan Baillie
Accuracy Shooting; Mat Tocco
Save Streak: Raymond Bernard

4) Smitty and Gritty have not re-signed in Moscow beyond this season. Please pitch them (and @ them) to convince them to stay in the motherland for at least another season.

5) VHL was recently canvassed regarding expansion locations. If you could choose only ONE north american and ONE european city for the VHL to expand to, what locations would you choose?

6) The S70 VHL playoff picture is becoming clearer. Who would you rather face in round 1? Helsinki, Prague, or Malmo and why?

@gorlab

1) Cider, particularly Stella cider because beer tastes horrible

2) Happy about this like 80% of everyone else. It would have been an impossible rule to enforce and the VHL has never been about micro managing

3) Bernard, did you see him the in the shootout that went 10 rounds the other day? 

4) I can't give a pitch to myself but I'd put our odds of re-signing at like 90%. Just want to see how the playoffs play out. Pretty sure we will be back barring anything crazy

5) A coastal city in the US like New Orleans and name them the pirates. Also a team in London because it is a major world city equivalent to New York and deserving of a team

6) Malmo because they are our bitch and we beat them every time

1) What is your player's favourite alcoholic (or non-alcoholic) drink?

Becherovka. If you've ever visited Chicago, it's a bit like Malört. That's probably saying enough.

2) VHL recent repealed their trivia answer sharing ban. Are you happy about this or do you think everyone manually doing the trivia themselves is valid?

I guess I'm indifferent. I appreciate the Gorlab being a g and hooking us up with answers every week, but I'd be fine with finding them on my own.

3) Which Menace player do you think is most likely to win their all-star skills competition event and why?

Bernard hands down. Dude's a stud.

4) Smitty and Gritty have not re-signed in Moscow beyond this season. Please pitch them (and @ them) to convince them to stay in the motherland for at least another season.

You should stay. Russia doesn't take too kindly to traitors.

5) VHL was recently canvassed regarding expansion locations. If you could choose only ONE north american and ONE european city for the VHL to expand to, what locations would you choose?

I'll go with Chicago and Munich.

6) The S70 VHL playoff picture is becoming clearer. Who would you rather face in round 1? Helsinki, Prague, or Malmo and why?

Let's take Malmo out early.

On 2/14/2020 at 2:59 AM, gorlab said:

Long Island Ice Tea. Real ones (so without the stupid mix) taste really good, but I think they sometimes get a bad rap because a lot of places make them pretty bad/average.

I'm happy the decision was reversed. I can see what the thought process was behind it, but I think the pros of the current system outweigh the cons.

3) Which Menace player do you think is most likely to win their all-star skills competition event and why?

Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen because he is number 1...and he only hits bangers.

4) Smitty and Gritty have not re-signed in Moscow beyond this season. Please pitch them (and @ them) to convince them to stay in the motherland for at least another season.

This has been rectified. One more season!

North American - I'm going to cop out on this one - I would go for a southern team - either Nashville, New Orleans, or Kansas City. For Europe, I would like to see a return of the Cologne Express.

6) The S70 VHL playoff picture is becoming clearer. Who would you rather face in round 1? Helsinki, Prague, or Malmo and why?

Doesn't matter, because any of them are going to get 4-0'd.

apple juice/cognac or brandy from alco

gotta coppy paste myself - that projected punishment was doing nothing to fix that issue.

Randoms. just a random answer

I thought Smitty re-signed? not worried about that though, Randoms is done following this season anyways.

Dallas and bring back Bratislava.

Malmo or Prague. Although I don't think Moscow should have much issues with winning against any of them in EU.

1. Mine is spiced rum and coke with a lime.

2. I think manually is fine as long as the questions don’t force you to go through a wormhole of info just to find it.

3. Jet Jaguar he’s a beast

4. hope you boys stay if you do we can be a good team for a long time. As long as us rookies get good enough before most of the core leaves then we can continue the master victor plan of always being competitive.

5. Paris and Kelowna (Kelowna is small yes but it’s really nice so why not?)

6. Probably Prague, I think the season series has been going well against them? but either of the teams we should beat in theory.

Hardest Shot; Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen
Shooting Stars; Jet Jaguar
Fastest Skater; Dan Baillie
Accuracy Shooting; Mat Tocco
Save Streak: Raymond Bernard

1. My favourite drink is like 30 beers. Or a nice ice water when the beers done.

2. Trying to ban it was kinda silly. I'm glad that's over with.

3. There's a few good chances but gotta go with Jet or Bernard. These guys are insane!!! The tops of their respective positions.

4. Like I said before do it for the kids. We're  in the midst of some great things in Moscow that can't happen without them.

5. Honestly I'd like to see another Ontario team. Your could start a rivalry with Toronto. Something slightly different, Like Barrie. And as for Europe I know London would be a no brainer but maybe something like Glasgow?

6. Malmo all day. We have there number. I'd have to look but off the top of my head I don't remember the last time they beat us.

Friday Beers

I think it's asking a bit too much from casual members.

Jet usually finds a way to get things done in every situation he's put in. So I'm gonna pick him.

I think us continuing to win will get them re-signed.

Denver and Zagreb.

I'd like the opportunity to take down Malmo. 

1) We're in the home stretch of the regular season and gearing up for playoffs. Are you still adding tpe to your build or just banking since we're performing?

2) It's a tight race for the goal scoring trophy in S70, and Moscow has three possible top snipers (Jaguar, Tocco, and Randoms). Who's going to have the most goals at the end of the season?

3) Surprisingly, NA is much closer in terms of points than EU is this season. Which NA team do you LEAST want to face in the Continental Cup finals?

4) The media in Russia has recently been publishing articles about UFO sightings around Moscow. Do you believe in aliens/UFOs? Have you ever seen something in the sky you couldn't explain?

5) Bernard is currently the win leader among VHL goalies. Do you think this will be enough to get him some trophy consideration? Will it override his dreadful save%? ? 

6) Victor is planning to renovate the Moscow home locker room. Any suggestions on what features the design should have?

22 hours ago, gorlab said:

1) We're in the home stretch of the regular season and gearing up for playoffs. Are you still adding tpe to your build or just banking since we're performing?

2) It's a tight race for the goal scoring trophy in S70, and Moscow has three possible top snipers (Jaguar, Tocco, and Randoms). Who's going to have the most goals at the end of the season?

3) Surprisingly, NA is much closer in terms of points than EU is this season. Which NA team do you LEAST want to face in the Continental Cup finals?

4) The media in Russia has recently been publishing articles about UFO sightings around Moscow. Do you believe in aliens/UFOs? Have you ever seen something in the sky you couldn't explain?

5) Bernard is currently the win leader among VHL goalies. Do you think this will be enough to get him some trophy consideration? Will it override his dreadful save%? ? 

6) Victor is planning to renovate the Moscow home locker room. Any suggestions on what features the design should have?

1. I'm still gonna add, need to add as much impact as I can.

2. I don't really care, I just want that chip.

3. I don't care about those teams, all about Moscow.

4. Hell yea, I'm one of the aliens in fact.

5. For sure, he's a beast for us.

6. More activity, pleeaseee!

banking TPE when I'm not having a recreate. yeah, that's certainly a smart move.

think Jaguar will prevail at the end of the day.

well, Vancouver Meute seems a good team with a good offense. Seattle always pulling some tricks as of late too.

the clone of Putin flying over USA and Europe

we're riding save % dick so nah

the photos of Randoms literally everywhere as Moscow's great. like that North Korea fatass guy in charge

On 2/22/2020 at 6:53 PM, gorlab said:

I've been banking for a long time now...don't think I've even updated in the past month. Gonna suck going through and finding all my old posts.

I'm gonna go with Jet Jaguar because I'm pretty sure I picked him for MVP this season, and having the most goals will definitely help with that.

In terms of on ice, probably Seattle. In terms of narrative, I want Seattle the most.

I think that's Gritty's family looking for him. That guy definitely isn't from this planet!

Nah...sorry Bernard. No regular season awards for you this year! It's going to be hard to get them since last I looked, you weren't even top 10 in shots faced.

) Victor is planning to renovate the Moscow home locker room. Any suggestions on what features the design should have?

It should include a full international coffee bar and espresso machine. Nothing like a post game caffeinated beverage! 

1) We're in the home stretch of the regular season and gearing up for playoffs. Are you still adding tpe to your build or just banking since we're performing?

Just banking at the moment. Tocco is performing and well and I dont want to change anything haha.

It's gonna be hard to beat Jet. I think he takes it.

3) Surprisingly, NA is much closer in terms of points than EU is this season. Which NA team do you LEAST want to face in the Continental Cup finals?

I don't have any preference. I think we'll hold our own against any team. 

The truth is out there.

5) Bernard is currently the win leader among VHL goalies. Do you think this will be enough to get him some trophy consideration? Will it override his dreadful save%? ? 

I'd like to be optimistic but no, I think Bernars is still a season off from bringing home some hardware.

6) Victor is planning to renovate the Moscow home locker room. Any suggestions on what features the design should have?

He should install a state of the art sound system that is constantly blaring the State Anthem of the Russian Federation.

1) I am lazy so I bank tpe by default because I haven't updated all season. I plan on adding some tpe to faceoffs and skating and then banking the rest for when we win our 2nd cup in a row next season

2) Jaguar obviously because he is a stud and I love him

3) I fear no team in the NA so I will flip this question. I most want to play Vancouver because Beaviss will probably forget to play his backup goalie again

4) When I was at an ice cream store in my hometown a summer or 2 ago, I saw something in the sky with bright flashy lights and had no idea what it was. It was going way too slow to be a plane or helicopter. A drone maybe? As far as believing in aliens, am I certain they exist, no. But the universe is so insanely large that it is impossible to wrap the mind around, so there is a possibility that some sort of life forms exist on another planet, but no guarantee they are smarter than say trees. 

5) Probably not unfortunately because save percentage is like the only important stat for goalies 

6) Gritty themed posters of course!