Moscow Menace Press Conference

23 hours ago, FacebookFighter said:

Hello! I'm Back! You know what to do.

1. The New Season is upon us what is your personal goal for this season?

2. Moscow looks primed to be playoff contenders. Are you willing to put down money on Moscow?

3. Is there a team you look forward to beating this season?

4. Early year prediction. Who wins the MVP for Moscow?

5. If there was a player in the NHL/VHL you model your play style after who is it?

6.  What has been your greatest experience in the VHL/VHLM so far?

1. My personal goal is to help this team as much as i can to make our first playoff appearance!

2. I would. If we're talking just about making the playoffs i have little doubt we'll be there come seasons end.

3. Gotta be Malmo haha

4. Based off last season id say you could see borwinn around there. Pcast id's gonna put up a good fight i thin k, so it'll be a toss up.

5. Matthew Tkachuk is a player i try to loosely base my player around.

6. Winning the championship my last season in the vhlm was pretty huge. Also playing for team Canada in the world juniors was quite an honour!

1. The New Season is upon us what is your personal goal for this season?

Jet Jaguar will be looking to improve on last season, and that means the goal is 100 points. I hope to get there.

2. Moscow looks primed to be playoff contenders. Are you willing to put down money on Moscow?

I would definitely put paypal on the line for this team making the playoffs. Easy money as far as I'm concerned.

Malmo and HC Davos Dynamo would be the two teams I really would enjoy beating. Malmo for the expansion rivalry, Davos because the franchise is garbage and their GM is a roach.

Going to make an educated guess and go with Podrick Cast. I picked him in my VHL fantasy league with my first pick, so he better put in that work.

5. If there was a player in the NHL/VHL you model your play style after who is it?

I'm copying the build of Sebastian Ironside. Not even sure who the user is, but he had a nice center build and is a proven performer by the looks of things.

Losing the rookie of the year trophy to some inactive scrub who really didn't have a better season at all, despite what the uninformed minds of the awards committee think.

On 6/4/2019 at 2:47 PM, FacebookFighter said:

HELLO PARTY PEOPLE. 6 BRAND SPANKING NEW QUESTIONS FOR YOUR ENJOYMENT!

1. We are currently two points from the new expansion team and rival Malmo, Would it be better to tank for a higher pick or fight for pride?

2. When our season started, the team goal was to win 10 games. Are you excited we've nearly doubled that total?

3. Would you rather win a game 6-5 or 2-0 and why?

4. How do you celebrate after a win?

5. What has been the most surprising win we've had this season in your eyes?

6. What are your expectations for next season?

On 6/25/2019 at 6:39 PM, FacebookFighter said:

Hello Everyone! Sorry I missed last week, the missus was in town so believe it or not the VHL wasn't top priority.

1. Helsinki vs. Vancouver. Who do you think will win? Why?

2. What keeps you coming back to the VHL? Whats the most fun you have with the league

3. In the spirit of free agency, what do you think your value on the open market would be?

4. What is your overall opinion on your performance this season?

5. What is your opinion on the season as a team?

6.  Lets say we're betting on the odds of next seasons win total. Would you bet over/under for 30 wins from the Moscow Menace? Why?

claiming for 7/14

1. The New Season is upon us what is your personal goal for this season?

For the next season, my personal goal is to settle in, so I am paid to do, throw some body around, maybe a few big hits and defend my goaltender. Other than that, maybe get some assist in and score a goal, that's pretty much it.

Would certainly love to do the playoffs in my first VHL season, love some physical hockey! But I can't bid money on us, you know, level entry contract, if I start bid, my father wouldn't be proud.

Certainly would love to get some L on Brick Wahl and the Calgary Wranglers!

I don't know our best players yet, will tell you next week!

5. If there was a player in the NHL/VHL you model your play style after who is it?

Rasmus Ristolainen, a big guy that can play both ways and throw some huge hits!

In VHLM is winning the trophy with an awesome team, being part of that family is just something else.

Hello all.

1. WOOF, a rough start for the team as we sit mid table. Is this start what we'll expect out of the Menace?

2. Compared to last year at this time what is the hype level at? Is it better or worse?

3. Moscow wants to design a 3rd jersey and wants to know what you would make the third jersey if given a chance?

4. It's a tight race to begin the season, except for 1st place. Who do you see as the strongest Challenger to overthrow 1st?

5. What's the biggest improvement from last season?

6. If you got the opportunity to change one thing in the VHL, what would you change?

1. WOOF, a rough start for the team as we sit mid table. Is this start what we'll expect out of the Menace?

Thank god I'm late on answering because I think we're now on a 6 game winning streak and have a rocket strapped to our back. That's that good menace.

2. Compared to last year at this time what is the hype level at? Is it better or worse?

It's pretty close, but this year has to be more hype. Any time you add members like VICTOR, DRAPER, and HEDGEHOG to your roster, the hype is going to go up.

3. Moscow wants to design a 3rd jersey and wants to know what you would make the third jersey if given a chance?

Actually I do have an idea. Much like how my mentor boubabi introduced all black Stockholm Vikings 3rds, I personally would go with an all-white (slight gold accenting) jersey/kit setup. White helmets. White gloves. White socks. Just a pure cocaine white third kit. Beautiful IMHO.

4. It's a tight race to begin the season, except for 1st place. Who do you see as the strongest Challenger to overthrow 1st?

I think Calgary will be the popular answer, but after our last 6 games, I don't see why Moscow can't be among the party spoilers for Toronto this season.

I believe our defensive depth is greatly improved. The addition of Vigneault, Clarke, and Pavlov has really re-invented our blue line and improved the team greatly.

6. If you got the opportunity to change one thing in the VHL, what would you change?
I would unban pennypenny from the VHL discord. 

Edited by gorlab

Now that a few days have passed,  we are where I expect to be after the big win streak.

Its better as I probably joined Moscow around this time last season so definelty more hyped about this one.

I'm not creative enough to give an answer.  Just dont make it as ulgy as the Habs Barber pole jersey.

With our Win Streak I'll go with us.  We want to win every game and we now have the confidence to do so.

The growth of our younger players has added more depth to the team.  Also Cast has been a great addition.

Have one salary cap instead of 2.

On 7/17/2019 at 3:14 PM, FacebookFighter said:

Hello all.

1. It started a bit rough sure. But it's looking like we're getting things going now and sitting much better.

2. The hype is real. Last season we were hoping for 10 wins.  This year we're real.

3. It would be cool to see the third colour as the main colour for the design.

4. I mean definitely Helsinki has to be talked about here. They're a great team. Also i have faith in this team as well to be someone who could potentially push Toronto.

5. We're better as a team. Good off season has put us right in the talks in this league.

6. One thing would be length of player career. Maybe that's just me though haha.

YOU.ALREADY.KNOW

1. Holy crap Boys, nice turn around! Who do you think has been the biggest reason we find ourselves in 2nd place?

2.  With the deadline on the horizon, would you rather sell the future for now or keep the current core?

3. Right now the playoff race consists of Toronto, Moscow, Helsinki, Calgary, Riga, and Davos. Who do you think will be the first to fall from playoff contention?

4. The Menace want to make a new motto for their playoff race. Incompetent Front Office members have asked the players to make one for them

5. What will be your drink of choice if Moscow clinches a playoff spot?

6. Are you on the team discord? If so whats something I could do to promote more usage? If you aren't, why?

Just now, FacebookFighter said:

YOU.ALREADY.KNOW

1. Holy crap Boys, nice turn around! Who do you think has been the biggest reason we find ourselves in 2nd place?

2.  With the deadline on the horizon, would you rather sell the future for now or keep the current core?

3. Right now the playoff race consists of Toronto, Moscow, Helsinki, Calgary, Riga, and Davos. Who do you think will be the first to fall from playoff contention?

4. The Menace want to make a new motto for their playoff race. Incompetent Front Office members have asked the players to make one for them

6. Are you on the team discord? If so whats something I could do to promote more usage? If you aren't, why?

On 7/17/2019 at 3:14 PM, FacebookFighter said:

Hello all.

claiming 7/21

I am very happy with where we are in the standings, I hope that as the season goes, I will be able to impact the games more and more in our favour.

Since I wasn't here last year, I cannot relate, but I can surely say my hype level is high!

I would ask a good graphic producer 1st. And I would design something that is quite out of the ordinary.

As I write these lines, it is between us and the Titans

Wasn't here last season, but I guess depth? Only part that I'm allowed to talk about.

A little more mobile friendly? I don't know

1. Holy crap Boys, nice turn around! Who do you think has been the biggest reason we find ourselves in 2nd place?

I sound like a fan boy at this point but the Cast acquisition is really paying off.

I think our core is really solid right now and we should go for a cup before our bigger names start falling off.

3. Right now the playoff race consists of Toronto, Moscow, Helsinki, Calgary, Riga, and Davos. Who do you think will be the first to fall from playoff contention? Can I answer with Malmo? In all seriousness though Davos is looking like they're going to be on the outside looking in by the end of the season.

4. The Menace want to make a new motto for their playoff race. Incompetent Front Office members have asked the players to make one for them. The Motherland Is Calling.

5. What will be your drink of choice if Moscow clinches a playoff spot?  I think the obvious answer is vodka but you'll probably find me handing out shots of Slivovice.

6. Are you on the team discord? If so whats something I could do to promote more usage? If you aren't, why? I am but I don't really frequent it much, I don't think it's neccesarily a problem, we're just not very talkative. Our group is just dialed in on winning right now. 

1. Thoughts on your season so far?

2. Who has been a surprise on the team?

3. Who has been disappointing so far?

4. Do you think you can catch Helsinki after they acquired Dan Wilinsky

5. Do you think Moscow is guaranteed a top 2 spot? (1 point behind 1st Helsinki, 7 points ahead of 3rd place Riga) 

On 7/21/2019 at 6:47 PM, FacebookFighter said:

YOU.ALREADY.KNOW

1. Goaltending has been pretty good as well as line chemistry. Everything seems to be firing well!

2. I love the core we have. We already have shown were willing to go all in so why not?

3. Hard to say but with the way things are going i suppose the chance of Davos falling off is possible

4. The return of the iron curtain.

5. My drink of choice will be 15+ beers.

6. I am on the team discord but I'm also new to discord so I'm not fully sure what makes it become more used.

Has to be Victor, innit? Great offensive production from Cast and Pavlov hasn't been a slouch either. Sterling has had some nice games too, though.

I think the current core is strong enough to contend tbh. I trust in whatever Vicky boy decides to do though.

I'm going to go with HC Davos. Team is cursed and their management is horrid. They traded all their good players away.

ALL ROADS LEAD TO MOSCOW

I try to refrain from alcohol and focus on more sophisticated vices, but the easy answer has to be WHITE RUSSIANS clearly.

I am, and idk maybe not locking every channel so I can troll around and post trivia answers and press conf questions being up. Maybe Victor being active in it would help too. ? ? ?

Definitely thanks to Victor making moves to help us make that jump.

I think we should stay the course with what we've got.

Think I'm going to agree and think Davos falls out of place as well.

We Must Break You

Vodka

I don't have enough time to be on the discord regularly. 

Victor getting the lines set properly, Cast obviously and Parlov too. Of course, goaltending wise, Sterling has been very solid so far!

I think we have a strong core and selling the future means getting rid of me, of course I'd love to stay in Moscow, but I can understand if I get sold.

Davos will probably fall 1st in my opinion, they are falling back in the standings, I can hardly see them clinch a playoff spot.

The iron legion is ready to conquer.

Any alcoholic beverage.

I am on the Discord channel, and unfortunately, I don't think you can promote usage of it, people needs to go there naturally and I can understand that some of us don't have time or don't know how to use it. But having a core of regular people on it would probably attract new comers to it.

On 7/22/2019 at 2:39 PM, TheLastOlympian07 said:

5. Do you think Moscow is guaranteed a top 2 spot? (1 point behind 1st Helsinki, 7 points ahead of 3rd place Riga) 

1. I'm loving it! Playing with Cast and Co. Has been a treat!

2. I never get tired of seeing Nano's name all over the score sheet.

3. I don't really think anyone has been disappointing, everyone has been doing their part.

4. It definitely makes things more difficult but we're going to push everyone to the edge.

5. I think it's possible. Just have to keep the gap between us and riga.

On 7/22/2019 at 2:39 PM, TheLastOlympian07 said:

1. I think we are doing well but I need to start contributing more if we want to make the playofs.

2. Nano is absolutely crushing it for us right now, it's nice to see.

3. Myself, I need to do more.

4. I think we need to win our games head to head against them and we will see what happens.

5. Nothing is guaranteed, anyone can beat anyone on any given night. We gotta stay focused.

Very pleased with the Moscow boys so far. I think we're a lock for playoffs tbh.

I think Roger Sterling has performed well above expectations. He has been lights out this season.

My old linemate Dimitri Volosenkov hasn't found the form he had last season. He seems very distant and it makes me sad.

Checking right now, we're ahead of Helsinki in the standings, so I'd have to say we can and did. Wilinsky is a good player though, so don't count Helsinki out.

I don't think it's a guarantee by any means, but I think we have about a 45% chance of finishing top 2 in the league.

6. What do you think of Devise's S67 sim schedule?

I'm a big fan of late night sims, but Devise has been all over the place. His sleep schedule is wild af. Salute to Pajodcast Media Corp though.

Hello Moscow! I don't usually write press conferences for other teams but @Patpou22, a former Reaper, Inspired my press confrence when he told me about his truck breaking down on his way home today. This is my way of letting Pat know his former team mates are thinking of him. So Menace enjoy answering this one in Pat's honor! A reminder that answering 3 is worth 1 tpe and answering 6 is worth 2.

1-What were you doing when the Bus broke down?

2-Favorite team activity we do on the bus?

3-Who don't you want to get stuck sitting with?

4-Who Brings the best snacks on the bus and do they share?

5-Who has the best survival skills on the team?

6- Did anyone freak out?

7-How would you blend with a native tribe if you were lost in the middle of Canada?

8-How did management deal with the issue?

9-Most ridiculous thing someone has ever tried to bring on the Bus.

10- Someone pulled a Bus prank who is it and what did they do?

11- Were there any injuries that occurred while waiting for a replacement bus.

12- The coach pulls out some card and board games to pass the time, what did you play? (who did you play with? did you win?)

Bonus Question:

What should the new team transportation look like and what features should it have!

Again This Press Conference is Dedicated to Patpou22 who had some bad luck driving home this weekend, You Bros and Philly are thinking of you Pat!

I was sleeping like a baby.

Probably playing cards. 

I'd rather sit with anyone on the team than sit by myself.

Beef jerky is always a great bus snack, even if it hurts your teeth.

Me

6- Did anyone freak out?

No everyone was pretty in control, we knew the situation would get solved. Maybe time to start taking the team charter plane to every game instead of bussing to Riga.

1-What were you doing when the Bus broke down? I'm guessing I was blackout drunk because I don't remember our bus breaking down at all.

We play this really fun game where everyone quietly sits down and keeps to themselves for the entirety of the ride.

3-Who don't you want to get stuck sittingwith?

Randoms. Have you seen the fucking dude? He's like twice my size, I'd be forced to sit in his lap.

4-Who Brings the best snacks on the bus and do they share? Jet for sure, the guy always has Roshen chocolate.

5-Who has the best survival skills on the team? Me, if by survive you mean drink until the problem goes away.

6- Did anyone freak out? Uhhh again I have no recollection of said breakdown.

Edited by Matmenzinger

• Admin
On 8/3/2019 at 9:03 AM, BladeMaiden said:

6- Did anyone freak out?

1. Listening to music not talking to anyone in my headphones, as usual on long trips. I let everyone else sort out the problems.

2. The above to be honest. Ignoring my teammates is one of my top 1 pastimes.

3. Roger Sterling, he keeps getting emotional about how differently our careers have gone since we were both drafted in S61. He's ruined too many of my t-shirts already.

4. Jet Jaguar, some absolutely wild Ukrainian shit. I don't even know if it's legal in most of Europe but we're in Russia and it tastes nice so fuck it.

5. Probably the captain, Komarov, he's tough as a tree. Pretty sure I saw him maim a bear once. Although maybe that was someone from Seattle.

6. Beau Buefordsson, but he probably thought we had purposefully stopped in the middle of nowhere to kill him in a forest for retiring early.

On 8/7/2019 at 12:44 AM, Matmenzinger said:

1-What were you doing when the Bus broke down? I'm guessing I was blackout drunk because I don't remember our bus breaking down at all.

6- Did anyone freak out? Uhhh again I have no recollection of said breakdown.

Ah I see you still go and get black out drunk Matt, nice to see things haven't changed so much since you last played for Philly! Remind me to get brick to send you some bottles of moonshine before our next game, if you can't walk you can't play right? ;) lol