Seattle Bears Press Conference

Bana's S92 Quick Q's - #4 :sea:

image.png.1659973d980153f73b371d701d1fd552.png

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S92 VHL Draft

This season's PC's:

*Follow PC Rules. Each time PC is posted, there enough questions for you to answer for multiple weeks if there isn't for the following week. Old weeks/posts will be above as "S87PC - #X". You have to answer or ask 6 questions, in any combination. ANYONE is more than welcome to ask and answer questions. ENJOY! :) 

31. What was a good movie you've recently watched?

32. What's your favourite TV show of all time? why?

33. What is your "go to" snack?

34. What is a food you crave often?

35. The VHL was asked to join the NHL but can only bring 4 teams. Who do they bring?

36. Who is your favourite VHL player of all time?

37. How is your season going?

38. How is life going for you?

39. A new hockey company has created NEW hockey gear. It's very techy! What is it?

Edited by Banackock

20 hours ago, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S92 VHL Draft

This season's PC's:

*Follow PC Rules. Each time PC is posted, there enough questions for you to answer for multiple weeks if there isn't for the following week. Old weeks/posts will be above as "S87PC - #X". You have to answer or ask 6 questions, in any combination. ANYONE is more than welcome to ask and answer questions. ENJOY! :) 

35. The VHL was asked to join the NHL but can only bring 4 teams. Who do they bring?

39. A new hockey company has created NEW hockey gear. It's very techy! What is it?

1. I just saw Oppenheimer and I thought it was great. It was for the first time in a while my eyes were glued to the screen throughout the duration of the movie.

2. I'll go with Game of Thrones. I haven't read the books yet, but I plan to at some point. I like the fact that no character is safe regardless of importance. The story was fascinating and extensive. I can't wait for the spinoffs that they're also producing right now. 

3. When I'm a little hungry I'll make two scrambled eggs. Healthy and not too filling. 

5. I want to include EU teams but the NHL would never allow that. So Calgary, Toronto, Seattle and Vancouver. It would be an interesting debate because places like Toronto, Vancouver and even Calgary might be able to support those extra teams. For the sake of relocating teams from the EU I'd pick Riga, Moscow, Helsinki and Malmo. Putting one in Houston, Ontario, Quebec, then maybe give Milwaukee or Salt Lake City a team. 

6. Well it's easy to say mine 😂, but I have to go with Condor Adrienne. Around the time I created my first player. OD makes some great players, but I remember there was a period of about five to six seasons where damn near every award went to Adrienne. Looking at it that's 12 awards from S70-75 as well as 2 cups. Dominant player.

7. Way better than I thought. Just passed 1/3 of the way through the season and I've already tied my career high in goals and am halfway to reaching last season's point total. Despite no offense in my game I continue to produce on the power play (maybe Severus is the reason for that).

22 hours ago, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S92 VHL Draft

This season's PC's:

31. The wife and I watched Women Talking recently. It's supposed to be a very accurate portrayal of that Mennonite community. 

32. I guess VEEP. That's the only show I've ever binged twice in one year. 

33. Apricots. Keep you regular. 

34. Gummy candies. My true weakness. 

35. Well, obviously the Bears, so my team is in. Then David, NY and Calgary, three teams I fondly look back on playing for. 

38. Generally speaking, I have s good life. That said, I have a pretty nasty cough right now that I could stand to lose. 

On 1/23/2024 at 3:06 AM, Banackock said:

32. I think it has to be IT Crowd, it is such a guilty pleasure of mine

33. Has to be a bag of lollies doesn't really matter what ones

34. Probably a good thickshake

35. I think it would be funny to bring in teams that are already in a saturated market, like Toronto, New York, Vancouver and Calgary they all seem to have passionate fans so I don't know if any would jump ship

36. Has to be Rayz Funk, what an absolute Bears Hero

37. About what I expected from Gustav total dogshit 

On 1/22/2024 at 9:06 AM, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S92 VHL Draft

This season's PC's:

1. Puss in Boots the Last Wish

2. CSI, I like murder mystery

3. Ruffles sour cream and onion

4. chocolate chip cookies

5. Dragons, Nighthawks, Legion, Phoenix. Some of my favorite logos lol

6. Fine enough I suppose, wish Kadachi had a few more goals and points but it's fine.

Bana's S92 Quick Q's - #5 :sea:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S92 VHL Draft

This season's PC's:

40. McDonalds came out with a Seattle Bears style burger. What is the name? What's on it?

41. What team has surprised you the most this season?

42. Which teams are most likely to make a trade on TDL?

43. What team, currently not in playoffs, do you think has a chance?

44. Who are the frontrunners for MVP this season?

45. What is your players worst habit?

46. Does your player have a BIG VHLM, VHLE or VHL rival?

47. What are 3 places you'd love to travel to and why?

48. What are your thoughts on this seasons theme week?

On 1/29/2024 at 10:19 AM, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S92 VHL Draft

This season's PC's:

40. McDonalds came out with a Seattle Bears style burger. What is the name? What's on it?

40. The BareMac has nothing on it at all.

41. The Spanish Inquisition. I wasn't expecting them to be contenders. Actually, I wasn't expecting them at all. 

45. Any time something goes well for him, he overanalyzes the situation and ruins it. 

46. I think I agreed to be someone's rival, but now I've forgotten who. 

47. I'd like to go visit the Staffordshire hoard, the Wallace Collection and Habsburg castle in Switzerland. I have a great interest in history. 

48. I'm just trying to come up with an idea that doesn't involve Smash Mouth.

On 1/29/2024 at 10:19 AM, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S92 VHL Draft

This season's PC's:

41. I really thought Prague would have a better season. They have great players at every position so I figured they would be pushing for top team in the EU.

42. Probably New York. A lot of teams seem to be in a tough spot to add or already have the players they need. New York could use one last push to get into the playoffs over Chicago.

43. Has to be New York. They've got some players set to retire and are built fairly well from top to bottom.

44. Frenchman, Trunov, AK92 and Dilson are my MVP candidates. I don't see it going to a defenseman as the scoring is low from Dmen at this point. 

47. Israel(when it's safe to), Hawaii, and the hockey Hall of Fame. I've heard great things about Israel and Hawaii from friends who have visited. Sounds like a great time. Going to the HHoF is a bucket list place I'd like to visit. As a hockey nerd, I've been eyeing that for some time and should go in the next few years if I can.

48. I think they should bring the all-star game back. There's plenty of players that don't get the recognition of winning awards and whatnot. It's a great way to show that more than 10-15 star players are important to the league.

On 1/29/2024 at 7:19 AM, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S92 VHL Draft

This season's PC's:

1. Bears bacon burger. It's got bacon for starters at least.

2. ones near the top or just barely staying above the playoff line.

3. I'll say Phoenix.

4. Merome Dilson

5. Not yet, but perhaps when we get better?

6. It's alright, sadly my creativity was running dry the whole time so didn't do anything for it.

Bana's S92 Quick Q's - #6 :sea:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S92 VHL Draft

This season's PC's:

49. What are your thoughts on the recent trade that seen Seattle bring in a bunch from Davos?

50. What are your thoughts on this years Trade Deadline?

51. The VHL wants to create the ultimate ai hockey player. How do they make it? How does it act etc?

52. the VHL has started a fast food chain to rival McDonalds. What menu items might they have there?

53. If you were in charge of naming the above VHL fast food franchise, what would it be?

54. If the Bears had a mascot other than a Bear, what would it be and what would you name it?

55. Your player was caught being naughty on an away game in another city. What were they doing??

56. Seattle will have a top pick at this seasons draft. At this moment, who would you draft?

12 hours ago, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S92 VHL Draft

This season's PC's:

49. What are your thoughts on the recent trade that seen Seattle bring in a bunch from Davos?

51. The VHL wants to create the ultimate ai hockey player. How do they make it? How does it act etc?

52. the VHL has started a fast food chain to rival McDonalds. What menu items might they have there?

53. If you were in charge of naming the above VHL fast food franchise, what would it be?

54. If the Bears had a mascot other than a Bear, what would it be and what would you name it?

55. Your player was caught being naughty on an away game in another city. What were they doing??

56. Seattle will have a top pick at this seasons draft. At this moment, who would you draft?

49. It's important to give the active players some help so they don't feel disheartened seeing their numbers plummet. 

50. Deadlines are nice. They make this pleasant whooshing sound as they go by. 

52. The flagship item will be the Victory Burger. Then you have the fries branded as "sticks," serve the desserts in a penalty box. 

53. Victory Burgers, obviously. 

54. The Rain City Bitch Pigeons. Google it. 

55. He sort of forced his way into a family's apartment and made them watch a movie with them. It was very unc

22 hours ago, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S92 VHL Draft

This season's PC's:

49. What are your thoughts on the recent trade that saw Seattle bring in a bunch from Davos?

50. What are your thoughts on this year's Trade Deadline?

49. I think it's a smart move to add players who could contribute to depth scoring. Big B might also be able to stick around for the next couple seasons. Definitely worth the 3rd.

50. Not much to discuss on the deadline other than New York with two strong additions at forward and goalie. No franchise-altering moves this time. 

53. Campbell's (named after Scotty Campbell). 

52. Beketov burger, Funk fries, Wylde wrap, Marlow-Marta milkshake, Szatkowski sandwich, etc. 

54. Okay hear me out... we have a bear mascot and a fish mascot. Have the bear chase the fish and finally catch it at the end of the game. 

56. No disrespect to the other players available, but Antonia Bucatini is the #1 prospect for a reason and will potentially step in right away and play big minutes. The type of player we need to mask some of our defensive issues for a season before I think we're ready to push for the playoffs. 

On 2/5/2024 at 4:12 PM, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S92 VHL Draft

This season's PC's:

1. Kind of confused to be honest, idk why we brought in a bunch of veterans but I don't doubt the Bana, you've kept the Bears near the top for years so clearly you gott something in mind.

2. I pretty much never look at it so I have no real opinion.

3. I mean I expect it'd make the right play damn near  100% of the time, I don't think it'd be very fun, that's for sure.

4. Well you'd have to have hamburgers, hot dogs, wraps, root beer, lots of pops in general, can't forget the nuggies of course.

5. VHL to go, to keep your belly full while watching the game.

6. Some good names in there, hard to not take Cowboy's next player, Bucatini.

• 2 weeks later...

Bana's S92 Quick Q's - #7 :sea:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S92 VHL Draft

This season's PC's:

57. @Dil said he likes being tagged in our PC's. What's something you can say about DIL?

58. What team are you most surprised were eliminated from playoffs?

59. Who are you rooting for now?

60. Who has been the best forward so far in the VHL playoffs?

61. Who has been the best goalie so far in the VHL playoffs?

62. Who has been the best DMAN so far in the VHL playoffs?

63. What has your player been up to since the season ending?

64. What are your hopes for Seattle in the off-season?

65. What are your thoughts on bana breaking the 'spirit of competition' rule?

66. Remove all dill pickles from earth or pay $25 dollars to the bank?

Edited by Banackock

On 2/23/2024 at 9:13 PM, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S92 VHL Draft

This season's PC's:

57. @Dil said he likes being tagged in our PC's. What's something you can say about DIL?

58. The A Team. I didn't know they were even eligible!

59. I never root for any team that isn't my own. 

63. Mostly getting into Soup Mode. 

64. The most important move is to call up the future best goalie in team history. 

65. Probably shouldn't have done that, tbh.

66. I can pay $25 for the good of all humankind. 

On 2/23/2024 at 6:13 PM, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S92 VHL Draft

This season's PC's:

1. He's a good, funny dude.

2. The Nighthawks, didn't even win a game.

3. Legion because of my history with them, but if Dragons win they still have my support to win it all.

4. Went back home to see his family.

5. Well you know, draft some good players, maybe pick up one or two in FA.

6. remove all dill pickles from the Earth.

Bana's S93 Quick Q's - #1 :sea:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

This season's PC's:

*Follow PC Rules. Each time PC is posted, there enough questions for you to answer for multiple weeks if there isn't for the following week. One more time, I POST LOTS OF QUESTIONS SO THAT IF I MISS A WEEK, YOU ALWAYS HAVE QUESTIONS TO ANSWER. YOU CAN ANSWER ANY OLD WEEKS Q's. Old weeks/posts will be above as "S87PC - #X". You have to answer or ask 6 questions, in any combination. ANYONE is more than welcome to ask and answer questions. ENJOY! :) 

1. What were your thoughts on your player season?

2. What was your thoughts on the Bears season?

3. Thoughts on DCD winning the cup?

4. Thoughts on Seattle drafting 2nd overall? Who should they draft?

5. Any Free Agents the Bears should go after?

6. Who do you think goes 1st overall in the draft?

7. What are some moves you could see the Bears doing this off-season?

8. Who do you think, in the VHL, will be the biggest BUYER?

9. Who do you think, in the VHL, will be the biggest SELLER?

10. Thoughts on @Tetricide being hired as the Prague GM?

11. What' something you're looking forward to in the month of March?

4 hours ago, Banackock said:

. What were your thoughts on your player season?

1.  Ninefingers had fun in the VHLE.  Started on Oslo for most the season which was rebuilding.  Stats were ok but team suffered.  Traded to Bratislava and opposite occurred.  Stats were down but team won and eventually won the CUP.  Ill take poor stats and a Cup anyway.

3.  I was happy for them.  They earned it for sure. I had London winning the whole thing. 

4.  If Antonia is available I would take her as a center to build around.  Think Jean Devote is next and possibly a hidden gem.

6. Antonia I believe.  High earner and a center which is needed by most clubs.

8.  I think Vancouver and Moscow will be buyers.  Have a great rookie core and can move some pieces to help with Cap later potentially.  I think both clubs want to win now.

10.  Tet is a great GM.  I had him in Miami and he cares about this league and mentored younger players very well.  A true asset to the league and Prague should be proud to have him. 

11. March Madness..... and Spring

On 3/4/2024 at 11:41 AM, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

This season's PC's:

*Follow PC Rules. Each time PC is posted, there enough questions for you to answer for multiple weeks if there isn't for the following week. One more time, I POST LOTS OF QUESTIONS SO THAT IF I MISS A WEEK, YOU ALWAYS HAVE QUESTIONS TO ANSWER. YOU CAN ANSWER ANY OLD WEEKS Q's. Old weeks/posts will be above as "S87PC - #X". You have to answer or ask 6 questions, in any combination. ANYONE is more than welcome to ask and answer questions. ENJOY! :) 

1. Really strong start but finish flat. I’m pretty happy with it considering what we were working with. Looking forward to next season!

2. There were some glimpses of what is to come. I’m excited to take another step in the right direction with an important offseason ahead of us. 

3. Good for them. I’m not too picky about who wins unless we have a chance to play for it 😂. Very soon!

4. I forgot Victor’s player name but get him! Unless CIA falls. Either one would speed up this rebuild by a full season. 

5. I’m not too familiar with the FA class, but we need some defense. If we could pick up a top pairing contributor that would be amazing, but all we need is to take baby steps and gradually fill the gaps with decent depth pieces. Let the core grow organically. 

11. I’m going on a skiing trip with my family in a couple weeks! Very excited, as it’s been a little while since I’ve had the chance to hit the slopes. Definitely expecting to be a little rusty with my snowboard, but I’m ready for the challenge. 

On 3/4/2024 at 11:41 AM, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

This season's PC's:

1. I thought it was a pretty good individual season. One of the better GAAs in the E, despite facing the most shots. 

4. I'd go with Victor, but that's just me. 

5. Oreo McFleury could be a sleeper to sign here. Write it down. 

6. I have this funny feeling that CowboyInAmerica is going to be the one. 

10. He was a great VHLM GM for me (waiver season). If he brings the same approach to Prague, he'll excel. 

11. There's a big Purim event coming up, that should be fun. 

On 3/4/2024 at 8:41 AM, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

This season's PC's:

1. It was a good step forward, breaking 20 goals and such, hopefully next season he can get to a point per game.

2. We were where most thought we'd be in the standings, was a rebuilding season.

3. I am happy for them, they have my fave logo after all!

4. I'll take the boring answer and say Maverick Goncalves.

5. Probably Woods but Goncalves could to, not to big of a difference between them.

6. Probably trading out some of the veterans? I'm expecting another season near the bottom though.

Bana's S93 Quick Q's - #2 :sea:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

This season's PC's:

*Follow PC Rules. Each time PC is posted, there enough questions for you to answer for multiple weeks if there isn't for the following week. One more time, I POST LOTS OF QUESTIONS SO THAT IF I MISS A WEEK, YOU ALWAYS HAVE QUESTIONS TO ANSWER. YOU CAN ANSWER ANY OLD WEEKS Q's. Old weeks/posts will be above as "S87PC - #X". You have to answer or ask 6 questions, in any combination. ANYONE is more than welcome to ask and answer questions. ENJOY! :) 

12. What are your thoughts on Seattle trading for McFleury and St. Louis from Calgary?

13. What are your thoughts on Seattle's drafting?

14. What was the biggest Seattle draft surprise?

15. What are you up to this week?

16. What are your expectations for your player in the upcoming season?

17. What are your expectations for Seattle this season?

18. What do you think of Seattle landing BIG FA, Eagles @Greg_Di?????

19. How did all the rookies celebrate on a night out after being drafted?

20. What was one thing the GM said when he congratulated your player being drafted?

21. @Nathan_8 had a funny emergency right before he was about to be drafted... what did he have going on?? ;) 

22. Teammate Nightmare @zepheter whispered something into @Victor ear right after he was selected 2nd overall. What he say to him?

23. The city of Seattle celebrated the huge night with some amazing surprises for the city. What did they do for them?

24. McDonalds, in Seattle, came out with a new ice cream flavour to celebrate @Chillybro and his wonderful username. What kind of icecream and what's it called?

22 minutes ago, Banackock said:

Bana's S93 Quick Q's - #2 :sea:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

This season's PC's:

*Follow PC Rules. Each time PC is posted, there enough questions for you to answer for multiple weeks if there isn't for the following week. One more time, I POST LOTS OF QUESTIONS SO THAT IF I MISS A WEEK, YOU ALWAYS HAVE QUESTIONS TO ANSWER. YOU CAN ANSWER ANY OLD WEEKS Q's. Old weeks/posts will be above as "S87PC - #X". You have to answer or ask 6 questions, in any combination. ANYONE is more than welcome to ask and answer questions. ENJOY! :) 

12. What are your thoughts on Seattle trading for McFleury and St. Louis from Calgary?

13. What are your thoughts on Seattle's drafting?

14. What was the biggest Seattle draft surprise?

18. What do you think of Seattle landing BIG FA, Eagles @Greg_Di?????

19. How did all the rookies celebrate on a night out after being drafted?

20. What was one thing the GM said when he congratulated your player being drafted?

21. @Nathan_8 had a funny emergency right before he was about to be drafted... what did he have going on?? ;) 

22. Teammate Nightmare @zepheter whispered something into @Victor ear right after he was selected 2nd overall. What he say to him?

23. The city of Seattle celebrated the huge night with some amazing surprises for the city. What did they do for them?

24. McDonalds, in Seattle, came out with a new ice cream flavour to celebrate @Chillybro and his wonderful username. What kind of icecream and what's it called?

1. Clever use of my user, love it. I feel like it would be called The Chilly Iceberg. Wouldn't be sold much since their ice cream machines are always broke.

2. After being drafted, those boys better partied all night.

3. Going to start my track season this week so I'm excited. 

4. They gave us new Ferraris (but more realistically extend our lease)

5. He probably told him, "Welcome to the city of your dreams."

6. My expectations for the boys this year is to put up some good wins and maybe qualify for the cup.

24. McDonalds, in Seattle, came out with a new ice cream flavour to celebrate @Chillybro and his wonderful username. What kind of icecream and what's it called?

Q15) Working, Gymming and playing Hogwarts

Q16) I think I will out perform myself from last season

Q17) I like to imagine us as a wildcard team that can upset some of the big dogs

Q20) I believe it was "Welcome Home Son"

Q23) Covering the city hall in teddy bears

Q24) It would be called the Polar Bear Eclair 

44 minutes ago, Berocka said:

24. McDonalds, in Seattle, came out with a new ice cream flavour to celebrate @Chillybro and his wonderful username. What kind of icecream and what's it called?

Q15) Working, Gymming and playing Hogwarts

Q16) I think I will out perform myself from last season

Q17) I like to imagine us as a wildcard team that can upset some of the big dogs

Q20) I believe it was "Welcome Home Son"

Q23) Covering the city hall in teddy bears

Q24) It would be called the Polar Bear Eclair 

I love the names people are giving.