Seattle Bears Press Conference

30. Informations for new players.
33. Meet some friends after a longer time.
34. Hard to choose one player, but i would like to play in first ever season in VHL.
35. Hmm maybe Montreal or Washington.
36. Maybe a beach in Thailand? Its a little bit warmer over there :D 
37. Nr. 1 Nico Santos often gets stuck in my head.

31. The Bears LR is quieter than it's been the last 20-30 seasons. We're rebuilding, so it happens, but what are some ways you think we could bring life into the LR?

I feel like consistent winning gives us more to talk about on the day-to-day. I like that you try to open the room every morning and get some chats going. I think the activity should shoot up when prospects are eventually called up. I don't really have any short-term fixes, but maybe adding a chatty player over the offseason is the fix we need.

32. If you're American, how was your Thanksgiving?

Awesome! Saw my Packers beat the Lions and spent time with family. One of my favorite times of the year.

33. Official welcome to the first week of December. Any big plans for the start of the month?

Not yet, but Crosby and the Pens are coming to Tampa on my birthday. Haven't seen them in person yet. Might just have to go.

34. If you could play with any VHL player of the past, which player would it be and why?

It would be cool to play with my former player Odin Omdahl. Overall not the most dynamic pairing, but steady defensively, and both are shot blocking machines.

35. If you had to move the New York Americans to a different city, which city would it be and why?

Tampa because I'm a biased Floridian. Minnesota, Denver, or Boston would be pretty cool as well. Might as well keep it in the US and those are some of the bigger hockey markets in the real world. 

38. What's one thing you can do today that will make you feel better/improved/happier etc?

I was talking about it in the locker room earlier. I could really use an adjustment at the chiropractor. Usually makes me feel brand new.

On 11/27/2023 at 7:41 AM, Banackock said:

Bana's S91 Quick Q's - #5 :sea:

image.png.1659973d980153f73b371d701d1fd552.png

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S91 VHL Index

This season's PC's:

*Follow PC Rules. Each time PC is posted, there enough questions for you to answer for multiple weeks if there isn't for the following week. Old weeks/posts will be above as "S87PC - #X". You have to answer or ask 6 questions, in any combination. ANYONE is more than welcome to ask and answer questions. ENJOY! :) 

29. What's one crazy idea for recruitment that is SO CRAZY, might just work?

30. What's one area of the league that you think could be improved?

31. The Bears LR is quieter than it's been the last 20-30 seasons. We're rebuilding, so it happens, but what are some ways you think we could bring life into the LR?

32. If you're American, how was your Thanksgiving?

33. Official welcome to the first week of December. Any big plans for the start of the month?

34. If you could play with any VHL player of the past, which player would it be and why?

35. If you had to move the New York Americans to a different city, which city would it be and why?

36. The team is planning a December vacation together over the "break". Where are they going and why?

37. What's a song that's currently stuck in your head?

38. Whats one thing you can do today that will make you feel better/improved/happier etc?

1. Removal of the E, bringing some teams back to the M.

2. Well I may have just seen this in another server but.... a game night? Or something to just get people talking, I'm a quite person by nature so I'm not one to bring that activity to the LR.

3. Not really, just gonna be working hard the whole month.

4. Can I say my own player? Jonathan Ori, because I always wanted to have my own passer and goal scorer playing together.

5. San Diego, I want the San Diego dragons..... yes I know we have a team with the name dragons already.

6. I'd probably just have a staycation, I don't travel to much.

Bana's S91 Quick Q's - #6 :sea:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S91 VHL Index

This season's PC's:

*Follow PC Rules. Each time PC is posted, there enough questions for you to answer for multiple weeks if there isn't for the following week. Old weeks/posts will be above as "S87PC - #X". You have to answer or ask 6 questions, in any combination. ANYONE is more than welcome to ask and answer questions. ENJOY! :) 

30. You're going to the Space Station for a 3 month adventure. Which VHL member do you bring with you and why?

31. You're trapped in a Mall for 24 hours. No one else. No rules. What would you do?

32. Your player was caught doing something silly over the weekend by the local news. What was it?

33. A new technology has come out to improve hockey sticks. What is so special about these sticks?

34. VHL Christmas Charity is getting underway. What are some auction items YOU think would be cool?

35. How has your players season gone so far?

36. The season is wrapping up. Tell me one thing you're thankful for when it comes to the VHL.

37. If the VHL were to nominate someone to fight Jake Paul next, who should we pick??

44 minutes ago, Banackock said:

30. You're going to the Space Station for a 3 month adventure. Which VHL member do you bring with you and why?

31. You're trapped in a Mall for 24 hours. No one else. No rules. What would you do?

32. Your player was caught doing something silly over the weekend by the local news. What was it?

33. A new technology has come out to improve hockey sticks. What is so special about these sticks?

34. VHL Christmas Charity is getting underway. What are some auction items YOU think would be cool?

36. The season is wrapping up. Tell me one thing you're thankful for when it comes to the VHL.

37. If the VHL were to nominate someone to fight Jake Paul next, who should we pick??

hi im hopping in on this.

1. I'd probably chill with @Acydburn. He's my guy.

2. I'd probably chow down on some Edo and maybe hang out at GameStop.

3. Probably cocaine at the roxy. Let's just be honest with ourselves.

4. The bend on them are crazy. Also material lets them be whipped more but won't break as much.

5. I've enjoyed the ones where Dil was muted for multiple months. Sad he's gone. I guess they're free now. Anyone else willing to be muted? (up to a certain limit of course)

6. Idk he was just born yesterday. So pretty good I'd say.

No rules? I'm grabbing as much of the inventory in a high-end store as I can with the goal of selling it for profit so I can feed my addiction to hockey.

You don't need to aim anymore. It knows the highest percentage shot based on tech that tracks open spots in the goal. Unfortunately only the best players in the league can afford it and I'm subjected to 5 goals a season max.

Some VHL themed jerseys. I would definitely rock a Bears jersey at pickups if I had the option to. 

35. How has your player's season gone so far?

Way better than expected. Haven't put a single point into scoring, but I've put up 40 points so far. The shot blocks are kind of expected as I'm necessarily the best player so we're stuck in our zone when I'm on the ice. Otherwise pretty good. 

I've been around this for a bit and there are plenty of things to like about the VHL. The community really sticks out. Everybody is so welcoming. Most don't seem to care as much about the sim, but want to know about me and seem to actually care. 

The only right answer is Vinny Detroit. God among men. Former Bear as well. No better candidate to represent us. 

Crashing your PC.  

30.   Trapped in space for three months.  Yikes.  I’d probably bring Rip Wheeler so I could smack his face each morning to start the day off right. 

31. gonna take as much Apple iPhones , computers , etc.  prob hit the food court and steal some taco time.  

32.  Logan Ninefingers was caught in a bar after curfew trying to fight Rip Wheeler 

34.   Xbox series X or PS 5 would be cool.  

35. Ninefingers is tearing it up in Philly.  Good line mates.  

37. I would love to fight Jake Paul personally but if I had to nominate someone it would be Brian Payne.  

thanks!! 

On 12/4/2023 at 10:58 AM, Banackock said:

Bana's S91 Quick Q's - #6 :sea:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S91 VHL Index

This season's PC's:

1. SlapshotDragon, gotta bring my greatest rival.

2. I've always wanted to drive my Suburban around in a maw, like we've seen in movies and such.

3. Probably jumping into a fountain to cool off.

4. call me boring but a jersey is always cool to get.

5. It was fine for the most part, wish he got a little more points but can't be to mad considering how early he came in.

6. The people that are here.

Bana's S91 Quick Q's - #7 :sea:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S91 VHL Index

This season's PC's:

38. The VHL playoffs have started and round 1, or the wildcard round, has been complete. Who are your rooting for to go all the way? Why did you pick them?

39. Who do you feel is the most underrated team in the playoffs and why?

40. Who do you feel are this seasons underdogs?

41. Who do you think will be the playoff MVP?

42. What is your player doing, if playing for Seattle, and not taking part in the playoffs?

43. How have you been doing overall in life? What's been going on lately?

44. Christmas is quickly approaching. It's crazy! What are some of your favourite things about this time of year?

45. If you had to pick a Christmas song to represent your player, which one would it be?

46. PAY STUB day is here. Cash is in your account. You want to buy a brand new vehicle. Which do you buy and why?

38. The VHL playoffs have started and round 1, or the wildcard round, has been complete. Who are your rooting for to go all the way? Why did you pick them?

I think I picked the Toronto Legion to go all the way in my predictions, so I guess them. I like TPE and I can't root for Seattle in the playoffs fruitfully this season.

Helsinki. They had a mediocre regular-season record and are definitely going underappreciated, but they've somehow made it through 15 playoff games so far!

Us, duh! I mean, I guess we're bears and not dogs, but everyone's writing us off. You know what that means for the Bears in upcoming seasons.

Probably Mac Atlas. Highest-scoring player on the team most likely to go all the way - but he might be skipped over in favor of their netminder Joel Castle.

42. What is your player doing, if playing for Seattle, and not taking part in the playoffs?

I don't play for Seattle right now. Soon (tm) though!!

It's going well. I'm moonlighting my weekends away to earn some extra cash and pay off my student loans faster than the vast majority of docs do. I've matched to my dream program for pediatric nephrology (kidney medicine) and couldn't be happier.

On 12/11/2023 at 12:54 PM, Banackock said:

Bana's S91 Quick Q's - #7 :sea:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S91 VHL Index

This season's PC's:

44. Christmas is quickly approaching. It's crazy! What are some of your favourite things about this time of year?

45. If you had to pick a Christmas song to represent your player, which one would it be?

46. PAY STUB day is here. Cash is in your account. You want to buy a brand new vehicle. Which do you buy and why?

1. Toronto Legion, because my first player was there for so long, I want to see them win it all!!

2. Probably the Titans, just based on regular season stats.

3. I'll say the Legion? I don't know how much was expected of them.

4. Joel Castle.

5. Watching them, he loves hockey and enjoys always taking it in.

6. Just been very busy with work, five nights a week, busy nights because it's that time of year, just waiting for the January at this point, things should slow down then.

Bana's S91 Quick Q's - #8 :sea:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S91 VHL Index

This season's PC's:

48. Toronto V Helsinki? If it's not finished yet, who wins the cup?

49. Predict who scores the game winning goal of the series!

50. Who will be playoff MVP?

51. What are some ways we could improve the Seattle Discord LR to make it more active and enjoyable?

52. If you could play any sport, for any team, which would you pick and why?

53. Who is someone you look up to in life and why?

54. If your player could have a "hockey super power", what would it be?

55. If you had to compare your player to an NHL player, who would it be?

56. Which VHL logo is your favourite?

Joel Castle or Mac Atlas. Both went off and made it look easy by putting up ridiculous numbers in fewer games than the rest. 

I'm not sure there's a better position in sports than on the wing of McDavid right now. Basically an automatic point if you pass him the puck.

Even though he's shorter than me, I look up to my cousin for advice on handling the hurdles that life throws at me. He's been through a lot, and I have great respect for his perspective on how to solve problems. 

54. If your player could have a "hockey superpower", what would it be?

Speed. The most exciting players to watch and play with possess top-end speed and quickness that makes the game slow down for them. 

Ekholm is the first player that comes to mind. Steady defensively and capable of producing when given the opportunity.

56. Which VHL logo is your favorite?

Riga has a sick logo. I'm not usually a huge fan of orange, but their color scheme would look great on the ice. That or maybe Warsaw. I'm a sucker for light blue jerseys. I know it wasn't asked but I think the Americans logo should be scrapped. No disrespect to the person who made it, but it's just boring.

On 12/20/2023 at 3:47 PM, Banackock said:

Bana's S91 Quick Q's - #8 :sea:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S91 VHL Index

This season's PC's:

48. Toronto V Helsinki? If it's not finished yet, who wins the cup?

49. Predict who scores the game winning goal of the series!

51. What are some ways we could improve the Seattle Discord LR to make it more active and enjoyable?

54. If your player could have a "hockey super power", what would it be?

56. Which VHL logo is your favourite?

1. Well the champion as been decided, I was cheering for Toronto, I did spend most of my time with them.

2. Game night or something.

3. I think Hockey is obvious, so is me choosing the Sharks haha. I just love the logo.

4. He'd be able to bounce it off the boards perfectly too teammates.

5. Ovi.

6. Well I ranked all the logos sometime ago, the Dragons is still my favorite but the Nighthawks are a very close second.

Bana's S92 Quick Q's - #OFF-SEASON :sea:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S92 VHL Draft

This season's PC's:

1. What are your thoughts on the Bears last season?

2. What are some of your favourite things you ate for Xmas?

3. Do you and your family have any xmas traditions?

4. Did you get anything you like for Christmas?

5. What did you do for Christmas?

6. What did you do for New Years?

7. Do you have a New Years Resolution?

8. What do you think of the Bears adding @pugsood this off-season?

9. What do you think of the Bears off-season and all their moves?

On 1/2/2024 at 5:08 PM, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S92 VHL Draft

This season's PC's:

1. Kind of a transition season, getting younger players into the lineup while saying goodbye to some of the veterans.

2. Turkey with mash patatoes and gravy.

3. Nope, don't celebrate it.

4. Did not get anything, look above for reason why.

5. Was just another day for me.

6. Hang out with friends, wish a tone of people happy new years.

On 1/2/2024 at 8:08 PM, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S92 VHL Draft

This season's PC's:

1. Not great, not bad. About what was expected.

3. My mom's family gets together for Christmas Eve dinner and then once again on Christmas day to pass gifts around. There are about 50 of us so it gets pretty hectic, but lots of fun.

4. I don't ask for much anymore, so I got a nice quarter-zip hoodie and a phone holder for my truck. Gonna get a lot of use out of both. 

6. We had family come over for New Year's Eve. Watched some football and enjoyed a great meal. I went to a college football bowl game on New Year's Day. It was a Christmas gift for my buddy who is a fan of the LSU Tigers. 

7. I've put it off for some time and I'm not entirely sure why. It's been my plan to start coaching youth hockey, but now is the time to commit to that. Hopefully, work my way up from there and eventually figure out if I can make a career out of it. 

9. I think we lost some great players, but it was necessary. Since we're in the process of building through the draft I think we're trending in the right direction as we add more talent to the nice young core that is already in the system. This next draft class looks pretty good at the top. There are a bunch of forwards to choose from, but I think bringing back an old Seattle great (Ferk) is a match made in Heaven. He's the only quality defenseman available (so far) and each of his previous players produced very well. Considering I'm the only defenseman signed past this season, he is exactly what we need. 🤞

Edited by zepheter

Posted (edited)

Bana's S92 Quick Q's - #2 :sea:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S92 VHL Draft

This season's PC's:

10. What are your thoughts on Seattle's Draft?  here!

11. What are your thoughts on the latest VHL recruitment through the youTube Ad?

12. What are some ways you think we could recruit for the VHL?

13. What are some ways we could recruit to bring in international members?

14. What are your expectations for your team this off-season?

15. What are your goals for your player this season?

16. Who do you think is the team to beat this season?

17. Guessing, who will be this seasons top goalie in the VHL?

18. Guessing, who will be this seasons MVP in the VHL?

19. Seattle drafted @Mongoose87. How did the team welcome them?

20. @NineIQ v2 Seattle pranked newest draftee to welcome them to the team. What did they do to them?

21. What is your favourite thing to drink?

22. How are you feeling overall about the VHL right now?

Edited by Banackock

10. What are your thoughts on Seattle's Draft?  here! I didn't pay close attention because I have full and complete trust in the GM decisionmaking.

11. What are your thoughts on the latest VHL recruitment through the youTube Ad? I haven't paid much attention but generally speaking YT Ads will likely result in less conversion at a higher CPC or CPM. 

12. What are some ways you think we could recruit for the VHL? Adjacent leagues (probably already thought of and are doing). Referral bonuses for those who refer people.

13. What are some ways we could recruit to bring in international members? I didn't realize this was an issue in terms of not many international members, but i Imagine there's interest in EMEA.

14. What are your expectations for your team this off-season? That we will all train hard and work hard and get Setatle back to the playoffs.

15. What are your goals for your player this season? MVP.

16. Who do you think is the team to beat this season? Seattle.

17. Guessing, who will be this seasons top goalie in the VHL? I'm not sure, I don't pay attention to those outside of our walls.

18. Guessing, who will be this seasons MVP in the VHL? Hopefully Lattimer but if not, then someone else on my team.

19. Seattle drafted @Mongoose87. How did the team welcome them? I was out of town for a while so I didn't notice but I hope we made him feel at home!

20. @NineIQ v2 Seattle pranked newest draftee to welcome them to the team. What did they do to them? I'm not sure, is this a trivia thing or prompting me for my opinions?

21. What is your favourite thing to drink? Craft beer until i hate myself

22. How are you feeling overall about the VHL right now? Ambivalent but that's on me, not VHL.

On 1/8/2024 at 5:59 PM, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S92 VHL Draft

This season's PC's:

11. What are your thoughts on the latest VHL recruitment through the youTube Ad?

20. @NineIQ v2 Seattle pranked newest draftee to welcome them to the team. What did they do to them?

10. I thought it was about as good as it could’ve been. Picked up a couple goalies which gives us depth at the position. Mongoose and Dil should be good additions. NineIQ could be a steal for us if he can steadily earn a little more than the bare minimum.

14. I think it will be another tough season. Hope we can keep it competitive and get contributions from our young players. There’s only up from here.

15. I’m expecting similar numbers to last season. 30-40 points and a billion blocked shots. I’m not worried about production this season. 

16. Calgary or Prague. Both built very well. Obviously I always want to beat Calgary, but it’s going to be tough. 

21. Depends on the context but if we’re talking alcoholic beverages I rotate through Modelo, vanilla crown and root beer, and red wine. 

22. I haven’t paid too much attention to things going on around the league, but I think it’s in a good spot. We did a great job with the holiday charity drive as we always do. My only complaint is that we need more D prospects in Seattle and it’s a weak class for defensemen 😂

On 1/8/2024 at 2:59 PM, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S92 VHL Draft

This season's PC's:

1. I think it went well, I think having an extra pick in the first round would have been good.

2. I have not seen it, but I hope it brings in new people.

3. 20 goals, around a point per game I hope.

4. Well I would have said Toronto Legion but.... they ain't doin so hot.

5. barq's root beer.

6. Wishing I had more interest in it, but I think it seems alright.

Bana's S92 Quick Q's - #3 :sea:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S92 VHL Draft

This season's PC's:

23. The league is growing.. for fun... if we had to expand the VHL, where should a team go and what would be its name?

24. The league is growing.. for fun... if we had to expand the VHLE, where should a team go and what would be its name?

25. The league is growing.. for fun... if we had to expand the VHLM, where should a team go and what would be its name?

26. If we were to play against aliens from other planets, which planet would be the most fierce team? What would they be called?

27. If you had to pick 6 current NHLers to represent a VHL team, (C,F,F,D,D,G), which would you pick to play with your team?

28. Does your player have any superstitions?

29. Does your player have any go to meals before game time?

30. Aliens came down to earth one night and zipped you up into a beam of light. They study your brain while you're up there. What hockey secrets and skills do they learn?

3. The league is growing.. for fun... if we had to expand the VHL, where should a team go and what would be its name? - Admittedly I don't know all the teams and locations but I'd say...the Bozeman Bears.

24. The league is growing.. for fun... if we had to expand the VHLE, where should a team go and what would be its name? Same answer? Bozeman Bears? Mizzoula Mountainmen?

25. The league is growing.. for fun... if we had to expand the VHLM, where should a team go and what would be its name? Bristol Speedsters

26. If we were to play against aliens from other planets, which planet would be the most fierce team? What would they be called? Uranus because you know exactly what kind of dirty play style they'd prefer

27. If you had to pick 6 current NHLers to represent a VHL team, (C,F,F,D,D,G), which would you pick to play with your team? I don't follow NHL that closely but let's pick that one stud who got drafted first, McDavid, Ovechkin, and i don't know, some goalie who's on a hot streak.

28. Does your player have any superstitions? Yes, no full meals before a game, like playing on a pseudo-empty stomach. Play with rosary beads somewhere on my person.

29. Does your player have any go to meals before game time? see above, nope. 

30. Aliens came down to earth one night and zipped you up into a beam of light. They study your brain while you're up there. What hockey secrets and skills do they learn? I'm as cerebral as they come, so they figure out how to be 2 passes away and set themselves up for success that way.

23 hours ago, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S92 VHL Draft

This season's PC's:

23. The league is growing.. for fun... if we had to expand the VHL, where should a team go and what would be its name?

24. The league is growing.. for fun... if we had to expand the VHLE, where should a team go and what would be its name?

25. The league is growing.. for fun... if we had to expand the VHLM, where should a team go and what would be its name?

26. If we were to play against aliens from other planets, which planet would be the most fierce team? What would they be called?

27. If you had to pick 6 current NHLers to represent a VHL team, (C,F,F,D,D,G), which would you pick to play with your team?

30. Aliens came down to earth one night and zipped you up into a beam of light. They study your brain while you're up there. What hockey secrets and skills do they learn?

23. You know, this league only has one team in LA. Serious leagues have at least two. 

26. The Qonos Warbirds would play with skill and ferocity! Qapla'!

27. C - Sidney Crosby - one of the greatest of all time

W - Jake Guentzel - has great chemistry with Crosby

W - Brad Marchand - great track record with Crosby and I'll never have to worry about playing against him

D - Adam Fox and Cale Makar - do I need to explain?

G - Jordan Binnington - to give other teams a chance

28. He gets really particular about where he parks on the east to the arena. 

29. There's this one page with great soup that he eats before every home game. 

30. Nothing of use whatsoever. Now, if they wanted to learn about propane and propane accessories...

On 1/15/2024 at 8:21 AM, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S92 VHL Draft

This season's PC's:

1. Sydney Australia, I'd call them the Sydney Wombats!

2. Bucharest Romania, Bucharest Bats? I don't know.

3. Lets do one in Canada, Oshawa Otters!!

4. Nope

5. Chicken parm

6. How to do a wicked slapshot.